Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Str8 Fit Adapters

I bought a DYMO and a Machspeed STR8 fit adapter from iheartburners on ebay, after reading alot of good reviews of the adapters she sells.

I also got a nice Project X shaft and an ALDILA VS Proto by You shaft to go with them.

I cleaned up the tips on the shafts, wire brushed and acetoned the adapters and glued them up, notches at 6 oclock, shaft logos at 12.

I tried fitting the adapters to the heads before I glued up the adapters and the shafts and found the Machspeed adapter a little tight in a few positions but the DYMO adapter fit well. The machspeed adapters weems to work okay though.

Anyone else have any experiences with these adapters ?

overall seems like it went well,

Did you wipe everything down with acetone well prior to everything drying? Could be epoxy that dried somewhere on it. The tips should interchange, the different one is the VR tip, as it has 16 adjustments instead of 8. Her tips are legit as I've bought from her before.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Did you wipe everything down with acetone well prior to everything drying? Could be epoxy that dried somewhere on it. The tips should interchange, the different one is the VR tip, as it has 16 adjustments instead of 8. Her tips are legit as I've bought from her before.

ya, everything is clean, no stray epoxy.

I tried the original machspeed and dymos and they weren't interchangeable between the dymo and machspeed heads, no big disappointment there.

I fit it all up today and am off to the range tomorrow, besdies the machspeed tip being ever a little tight it all seems normal, great deal versus going thru a nike dealer. Overall I'm happy,

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up on my original post.

I've been using the iheartburner Str8 Fit adapters now for a few weeks, and am really impressed. Great Product and recommend them to anyone looking to put together their own str8 fit shafts versus going through Nike.

Great tips,

Archived