Arccos Caddie Link ordered

Deadskins

4 hours ago, the great spinks said:

When was the last time you used Arccos?  They had a pretty significant upgrade a few months back...  It's cool that you like Shotscope more than Arccos, but you're not being honest about Arccos and what they've been doing the past 6 or so months.  

I used it religiously for the last 12 months.  What did I miss?

Has anyone who pre-ordered (... and been patiently waiting) gotten a shipping notification?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

7 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Has anyone who pre-ordered (... and been patiently waiting) gotten a shipping notification?

They aren’t shipping until September 

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

ahhhh, I thought that was for new orders - that they would clear out the back log of those of us who put money down a year ago or more and star5 shipping those sooner. Oh well, waited this long, I can wait some more. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

ahhhh, I thought that was for new orders - that they would clear out the back log of those of us who put money down a year ago or more and star5 shipping those sooner. Oh well, waited this long, I can wait some more. 

It says on the product webpage: *Existing pre-orders currently being fulfilled. New orders now being accepted. Estimated ship date late-September 2020.* 

The way they phrased that kinda makes it sound like pre-orders might ship sooner, but it also looks like the estimated ship date could apply to both pre-orders and new orders... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you'll get lucky?

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I am still using the first generation of the arccos sensors, they still work great, and thus far this year I have not have any issues with their app, it has not drained the battery on my phone so much, nor it has crashed or failed to register any of my shots.

I also have not been asked to upgrade to a subscription and as far as I can tell I have not missed out compared to the subscription user.

I dont know if I will continue with them after this sensors are no longer working or will get a different technology.

Shot-scope seems interesting, although I dont like wearing a watch when I play, the arccos link is most definitely a contender to substitute having the phone in my pocket every shot.

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

It says on the product webpage: *Existing pre-orders currently being fulfilled. New orders now being accepted. Estimated ship date late-September 2020.* 

The way they phrased that kinda makes it sound like pre-orders might ship sooner, but it also looks like the estimated ship date could apply to both pre-orders and new orders... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe you'll get lucky?

Pre-orders are shipping now. Orders placed now won't be fulfilled until September.

Based on their FB page, they had a lot of pre-orders. People who ordered on day 1 are receiving their Link this week. People who ordered a week later still haven't even gotten the credit cards charged yet. 

I ordered a link last week as my phone requires me to remove the case and make sure I have it positioned a certain way in pocket for it to register shots. I'd prefer just to be able to leave it in my bag and not having to worry about dropping it because I'm constantly pulling it out of my pocket. 

I have gen 2 sensors I got at Christmas and I definitely don't like that they have changed over to a subscription model, but I figure I'm at least 3-4 years away from having to worry about that. Maybe in 5 years if I choose to buy replacement sensors as they start to die, but I acknowledge that at some point they are going to stop selling gen 2 sensors as replacements or so many of them will die it just won't be a smart idea to keep buying them. At that point, if nothing has changed with Arccos' business model, then I will have a decision to make on whether to pony up for the newest Arccos sensors or if Shot scope is still in business i can get their V5 or whatever they will be on by then. 

I would definitely be slightly concerned about the longevity of Shot Scope since they are the smaller company and don't have any alliances with the major golf manufacturers. I think it is a big deal that every club Cobra sells comes with Arccos sensors and I think a lot of people take advantage of getting the free completion kits to use for the rest of the bag. Once people see what it does, they are far more likely to continue to pay for it after the trial ends. Ping is probably headed in the same direction, the G710 already comes with Arccos sensors standard and I bet the replacement for the entire G410 line of products comes with them too when they are announced. 

I'm just not sure there are enough golfers out there willing to pay $200+ dollars for shot scope to support a company indefinitely. Their revenue does not scale with their user base and that could lead to problems down the road. 

26 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

People who ordered on day 1 are receiving their Link this week. People who ordered a week later still haven't even gotten the credit cards charged yet. 

Hmmm.  Thanks for sharing.  I thought I'd ordered on Day 1 - but I haven't seen a credit card charge yet...

42 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I'm just not sure there are enough golfers out there willing to pay $200+ dollars for shot scope to support a company indefinitely. Their revenue does not scale with their user base and that could lead to problems down the road. 

I'm betting the number of golfers willing to pay $200 for many years of use is no smaller than the number willing to pay $100 every year, plus $100 for the Link.  Should be interesting how this all plays out but it really doesn't look like SS is in danger of going away.  If they ran out of cash they would be acquired at this point and we wouldn't notice any difference.  Both companies will have a place in the market.

3 minutes ago, devsters said:

I'm betting the number of golfers willing to pay $200 for many years of use is no smaller than the number willing to pay $100 every year, plus $100 for the Link.  Should be interesting how this all plays out but it really doesn't look like SS is in danger of going away.  If they ran out of cash they would be acquired at this point and we wouldn't notice any difference.  Both companies will have a place in the market.

Maybe, but if you're shotscope, your business model is completely dependent on an ever growing demand for people willing to buy the technology. That probably just isn't the case as the numbers of golfers in the world is relatively static or declining. If there are 10 million people in the world willing to pay for this type of shot/data tracking then shot scope's scales would look something like this:

year 1 - 5 million units

year 2 - 2 million units

year 3 - 1 million units....... on and on. As you mentioned, there is no reason to purchase again after the initial purchase

That is declining revenue coming in the door while their overhead and user base is expanding. That can make it hard to sustain the business without constantly coming up with new hardware to sell to your existing customers. All the while, Arccos is putting their product in the hands of consumers who may not have otherwise been interested. If they can convert 2 out of 10 trial users, they have just expanded their market from 10 million to 12 million and are collecting $100 from 12 million people annually opposed to shot scope which would only collect on the initial purchase.

And let me be clear, I hate the subscription business model (from Arccos and every other company doing it) and I'm currently not paying for a subscription, but if I had to bet on which company will be around in 5 years, the odds on Arccos would be the favorite by a large margin over shotscope. Just look at what happened with game golf....

IMG_0738.PNG

I foolishly waited three days.... they must have gotten a ton of orders then to have two-three week back log from three days..

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

For what it is worth, anyone considering buying the link, there is a trick you can use to get 10% off.

1) create an account on the arccos purchasing site (if you don't have one already). For whatever reason, this isn't the same account as your dashboard login but you can probably set them up to be the same. 

2) Add the link to your cart and then head to check out and fill out your shipping info, etc. but don't buy.

3) close the browsing tab.

4) About a day later you will get an email saying "you forgot something in your cart". Within a day or two of that the system will generate another email with a 10% off coupon code for whatever you had in your cart. I think this works with everything on the site as I did this inadvertently with my superstroke accessory kit back in March and then again while I was contemplating whether or not to get the link. 

34 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Maybe, but if you're shotscope, your business model is completely dependent on an ever growing demand for people willing to buy the technology. That probably just isn't the case as the numbers of golfers in the world is relatively static or declining. If there are 10 million people in the world willing to pay for this type of shot/data tracking then shot scope's scales would look something like this:

year 1 - 5 million units

year 2 - 2 million units

year 3 - 1 million units....... on and on. As you mentioned, there is no reason to purchase again after the initial purchase

That is declining revenue coming in the door while their overhead and user base is expanding. That can make it hard to sustain the business without constantly coming up with new hardware to sell to your existing customers. All the while, Arccos is putting their product in the hands of consumers who may not have otherwise been interested. If they can convert 2 out of 10 trial users, they have just expanded their market from 10 million to 12 million and are collecting $100 from 12 million people annually opposed to shot scope which would only collect on the initial purchase.

And let me be clear, I hate the subscription business model (from Arccos and every other company doing it) and I'm currently not paying for a subscription, but if I had to bet on which company will be around in 5 years, the odds on Arccos would be the favorite by a large margin over shotscope. Just look at what happened with game golf....

Umm no this is not how tech hardware works.  Why would anyone buy a new iphone?  Isn't the iphone 2 good enough?  Because every generation is better than the last and eventually the battery or something else will fail.  There's not a tech product on earth that this doesn't happen to and it's absolutely expected.  Even if it didn't, people would want to buy the latest after 3-4 years.  

You still have your camcorder from 1993 right?  And your Taylormade 360 Ti driver from 2002?  lol.  Shotscope will have no problem with repeat business especially when customers are happy wtih the product.  They just shouldn't expect it every 2 years because that's the same as someone subscribing for $100/year, save for some resale value.

Edited by devsters

2 hours ago, devsters said:

Umm no this is not how tech hardware works.  Why would anyone buy a new iphone?  Isn't the iphone 2 good enough?  Because every generation is better than the last and eventually the battery or something else will fail.  There's not a tech product on earth that this doesn't happen to and it's absolutely expected.  Even if it didn't, people would want to buy the latest after 3-4 years.  

You still have your camcorder from 1993 right?  lol.  Shotscope will have no problem with repeat business especially when customers are happy wtih the product.  They just shouldn't expect it every 2 years because that's the same as someone subscribing for $100/year, save for some resale value.

If you haven't noticed, apple and the other cell phone makers have had a very hard time selling new phones the last few years. They had huge growth over the last decade as they convinced more and more people to get a smartphone, but now the market is essentially saturated and a large percentage of people aren't buying new phones until their old ones break. Sales are basically flat. 

The golf hardware itself is not very high tech. It's basically just an impact sensor and a transmitter / speaker depending on brand. The value/experience is centered around the software so as long as the hardware golfers are using supports the latest software people will have no reason to upgrade. 

Edited by ChitownM2

2 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

If you haven't noticed, apple and the other cell phone makers have had a very hard time selling new phones the last few years. They had huge growth over the last decade as they convinced more and more people to get a smartphone, but now the market is essentially saturated and a large percentage of people aren't buying new phones until their old ones break. Sales are basically flat. 

The golf hardware itself is not very high tech. It's basically just an impact sensor and a transmitter / speaker depending on brand. The value/experience is centered around the software so as long as the hardware golfers are using supports the latest software people will have no reason to upgrade. 

Thanks, I have indeed noticed that Apple continues to sell 210-220m iphones every year.  If you want to believe that SS's sales will peak in the next year or two and decline I can't stop you.  And the hardware will absolutely continue to drive sales and repurchasing, it has a long way to go.  Like analyzing swing path for every shot.  And eventually watchless or Link-less tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a lively debate. 

My $0.02:

1. I had shotscope v2. I like it. Didn’t love it. Why? The MASSIVE watch. V3 I haven’t tried on, but I have an Apple Watch, so I’d prefer not to have two devices. Even if V2 wasn’t huge, I still liked having my watch on too. 
  2. I have Arccos now. The most valuable part to me is not the shot tracking. It’s the caddie. There’s at LEAST three shots a round that based on elevation and wind are an entire club different than what I would normally play. If I had a rangefinder or walked off my yardage and accounted for the wind and elevation I’d get the same info, but I don’t have to. That’s what I like about it. 
  3. I started the Decade program this year. I see myself moving off of Arccos and manually tracking my stats, investing in a rangefinder, and continuing to use the stats that I get from Decade. I’ve found them to be tremendously valuable (in addition to the system at large). Yes, this app is NOT like Arccos or SS. Scott has tweeted that they have gps functionality available but haven’t turned it on. We shall see. 
  4. I run an analytics division for the largest independent marketing agency in the USA. I love numbers. Both Arccos and SS gave me numbers I wanted. Neither was deficient in that area. NEITHER of them are “perfect”. 
  5. Next round I’m going to try and use foresight’s app and see how I like it. I’m very interested in the sensorless tracking. 
  6. Here is something I don’t understand why people don’t talk about: swing weight. An Arccos sensor weighs 7 grams. I know Ian from TXG says because they sit outside the handle they “won’t effect swing weight” which is 100% true. But I still feel the difference. 7 grams (if you do feel them) would be like going from D5 to almost D9 swing weight. That’s NOT insignificant. 

All good stuff!! 

• Like 4

:tour-edge: C721 7.5° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:mizuno-small: MP H4 3-PW with TT DG S300

:callaway-small: MD4 52°, MD5 56°, 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:taylormade-small: TP5

:titelist-small: Hybrid 14-way Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 Rangefinder

The Link arrived yesterday and went into play today. 

Zero problem getting it paired, doing the firmware update or anything like that.

IMG_5690.jpeg.94e6183ad82db0b8e11a0d362d980aa8.jpeg

The good news - ZERO shots with irons, wedges or woods were missed. 

The bad news - it missed a bunch of putts.  Thats the problem I always had with my phone. 

I'm not sure why it missed them..  I had it clipped to my front left pocket.  You can see the microphone hole here:

IMG_5691.jpeg.4902755a84eeffe3b44cd126727d64cd.jpeg

So, that's a bummer.  I real bummer as that's been my biggest complaint.  I'm going to putt on a new putter sensor and give it another go tomorrow (the things I will do for this community...) and report back. 

The other item of note - iPhone users (not sure about you Android users) have a little red icon that shows up on the lock screen, on other screens etc when Arccos is active and you can touch it and it takes you right to the app.  Well, with the Link in play that icon disappeared.  Probably because the microphone isn't in use.  But it was handy to have.  Quick to navigate and get to the caddie/range finder application.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

The Link arrived yesterday and went into play today. 

Zero problem getting it paired, doing the firmware update or anything like that.

The good news - ZERO shots with irons, wedges or woods were missed. 

The bad news - it missed a bunch of putts.  Thats the problem I always had with my phone. 

I'm not sure why it missed them..  I had it clipped to my front left pocket.  You can see the microphone hole here:

So, that's a bummer.  I real bummer as that's been my biggest complaint.  I'm going to putt on a new putter sensor and give it another go tomorrow (the things I will do for this community...) and report back. 

The other item of note - iPhone users (not sure about you Android users) have a little red icon that shows up on the lock screen, on other screens etc when Arccos is active and you can touch it and it takes you right to the app.  Well, with the Link in play that icon disappeared.  Probably because the microphone isn't in use.  But it was handy to have.  Quick to navigate and get to the caddie/range finder application.  

Have you done a sensor diagnostic from within the Arccos app to make sure the sensor is working correctly? I've never had to do one, but I would at least give that a try to see if you have some luck. It's located within the Settings portion of the app under Sensor Diagnostics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Have you done a sensor diagnostic from within the Arccos app to make sure the sensor is working correctly?

I have not. I’ve used that function before when it wasn’t picking up a particular club at all.  But with the putter it typically records the first putt, but not the second.  Oddly, I made a long distance birdie today and it recorded two putts - the algorithm probably just couldn’t believe I made a putt outside of ten feet...  However, I three putted the 18th from off the fringe and it recorded none of them. So, I dunno. 

But when I ordered the Link I also got a new putter sensor - so I’m twisting that in tomorrow and will report back. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I have not. I’ve used that function before when it wasn’t picking up a particular club at all.  But with the putter it typically records the first putt, but not the second.  Oddly, I made a long distance birdie today and it recorded two putts - the algorithm probably just couldn’t believe I made a putt outside of ten feet...  However, I three putted the 18th from off the fringe and it recorded none of them. So, I dunno. 

But when I ordered the Link I also got a new putter sensor - so I’m twisting that in tomorrow and will report back. 

Cool. Just figured I'd ask. Arccos can sometimes struggle with short putts and they recommend putting like you normally would from longer distances to increase the likelihood of a correct tag. So if by chance your second putt is often from short range and you're just kinda taking a quick swipe at it, that could be part of the reason.

You may already know this, but wanted to make sure it was covered in case you didn't.

I've had decent luck with Arccos picking up my  putts when I take my time, but that isn't always practical. Thankfully, adding putts after the fact is probably the easiest thing to do in Arccos - shot tracking wise.

• Like 2