Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Reviews about GolfTech

Has anyone got fitted at GolfTech?

I was planning of getting a new set but before I do I want to get fitted, find out how fast I am swinging, ball speed, RPM all that good stuff. But got a quote for $125 for set of irons for an hour. Any one think that is a good price and has anyone got fitted from Golf Tech stores?

Ed

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

33 minutes ago, Theslomo said:

I was planning of getting a new set but before I do I want to get fitted, find out how fast I am swinging, ball speed, RPM all that good stuff. But got a quote for $125 for set of irons for an hour. Any one think that is a good price and has anyone got fitted from Golf Tech stores?

Ed

I have gotten fitted at Golftec and thought it was an okay experience. The methodology they use for fitting is pretty decent, they definitely look at the launch monitor data.

What i didn't like is that they don't have universal adapters for their shafts and heads, so they only have certain shafts that fit Callaway, certain shafts that fit TM, etc. So if for some reason there is a specific shaft that you fit into, they may not have it from another brand's heads. Club Champion and True Spec have the universal adapters.

I would say Golftec is better than the few retail store fittings that I have had.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I got fitted at GolfTec - one of my friends who played in college has a teammate who is the lead guy at our local one - and have recommended it as an option to those looking to get fitted.

I'm a very data-driven guy in every aspect of life, so really dialing in my numbers to try and get near what the pros do in terms of spin, angles, etc. really worked for me and made sense when we changed clubs and shafts to align to my swing. If you are more pure feel, that part may seem unnecessary.

The one part I wasn't a fan of and took a bit to get used to was the general setup in their rooms. Instead of a normal simulator where you hit into an impact screen and see the results directly in front of you (ya know... like playing golf), you are instead hitting into a net and the simulator shows your shot shape, etc. on a screen on the side of the room. Because of that, I kept finding myself coming out of shots early in an attempt to see the screen right after impact. By the end of the fitting, was no longer an issue, but took some swings to get there.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

11 hours ago, Theslomo said:

Ed

I'll also say if you buy the irons you get fitted in from them, they may waive the fitting fee altogether. That was the case for me, but I did a full new bag as I hadn't changed clubs in a long time.

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

I'm a fan of GolfTec, it works for me from a lessons standpoint and I got a good fitting for my 919's from them too.  But I'll give you the same advice I give everybody about GolfTec...they use a particular method to do fittings, but it's up to the individual instructor/fitter to apply that method.  Because of that, I recommend you get on the GolfTec website specific to the location you're going to, and find the bios of the individual instructors.  It's usually easy to pick out the seasoned vets from the newbies.  You can then ask for that specific individual when you book your fitting.

I'm not saying a newer guy/gal can't do a good fitting, just saying there's a way to find out that particular data point if it matters to you.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 10/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, GBWarPig said:

I'll also say if you buy the irons you get fitted in from them, they may waive the fitting fee altogether. That was the case for me, but I did a full new bag as I hadn't changed clubs in a long time.

So Does golf tech have shafts for fitting Titleist or just Callaway?

Thanks for the reply everyone. 

Now the question I have is I want to get the Titleist T200s or T100s, I guess I just have to call the location and see if they carry those particular shafts for those clubs. Not looking to buy a new set since their going for 1000 plus tax. Unless club fitting waives the fitting and get my exact lie, angle on the clubs so as the shafts. $125 for fitting then going on ebay or online for a used set for $725 comes out to 950 so almost a new set but does not have my full specs.

14 hours ago, Theslomo said:

So Does golf tech have shafts for fitting Titleist or just Callaway?

I'm not sure on what all they had shafts for, but we switched out a couple shafts for both Callaway and Taylormade when I was hitting. Don't recall if we did for Titleist or Mizuno.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, GBWarPig said:

The one part I wasn't a fan of and took a bit to get used to was the general setup in their rooms. Instead of a normal simulator where you hit into an impact screen and see the results directly in front of you (ya know... like playing golf), you are instead hitting into a net and the simulator shows your shot shape, etc. on a screen on the side of the room. Because of that, I kept finding myself coming out of shots early in an attempt to see the screen right after impact. By the end of the fitting, was no longer an issue, but took some swings to get there.

I've been looking into getting fit somewhere and was wondering about this myself. I've hit a lot of balls into a simulator screen and a lot of balls into a net but I think this along with no clear target would bother me. I get distracted easily when I'm swinging, if I see something in my field of vision or think something like a cart might come down a parallel fairway. I end up making very poor contact. I'm not sure I could get used to fitting this way. I'm looking for a no nonsense place to get a decent fitting club champion seems to be too into upselling for me and my local golf shop might be an option but they sold me an off the rack driver a few years ago and then told me if I thought it was too long we could cut it...

You should definitely call ahead to see what options they have for the brand your looking at. I'm guessing they should have Titleist and hopefully they would have most of the no charge shaft options available to hit, or look elsewhere. Its not worth spending the money if they only have a few shafts to try and fit you with.

Edited by ChitownM2

Agree. it's not the best but it's not the worst. In my town you are better off going to golftec than getting fit at dicks sporting goods. I had some old ping irons went to golftec and after reviewing some data I got fit into TM 760s. The most important part of a fitting is a shaft which they used the Mizuno shaft optimizer link below on a TXG review. they try to stick with shafts that do not require an uncharge and often times they will add the fitting cost into the purchasing cost if you buy from them. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiOz4eLjeLsAhUGKawKHSWQCg8QwqsBMAF6BAgNEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_gGbKrI30_A&usg=AOvVaw3OoczDfJKfeHjF67bKVt29

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x