Edison is now selling heads only as an option for $129. You have to call to order though.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay they have arrived, now of life would co-operate I will start hitting them. The plan is Friday! As a quick reminder, I currently play SCORs. I have 60, 56, 52 in the bag but never use the 56.

Just received notice that mine are on the way. I will let you know when they arrive and the review them.   Have a 59 and a 53 bent to 54 coming.     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes after a conversation with Billy from Edison and based upon both my current irons and the shaft that I had in my SCORs he felt that this was the right choice.  We shall see, shan't we.  For $200 a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Edison is now selling heads only as an option for $129. You have to call to order though.  Overall I've been pretty satisfied with mine.  May tweak the loft on the one - but I will wait until my season starts to see how they actually work on the course under a little pressure before I mess with that.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, revkev said:

I think you are probably right in that they are comparing to other wedges but frankly most top line wedges are designed to launch the ball lower, I think and at nearly $200 a club that's Edison's target.  I was being kind, the weight of the shafts in both of my wedges are around 80 grams, I can't really speak to how each is tipped but I certainly "feel" the clubhead much better in the SCOR than the Edison - that may be part of an adjustment period though.  Right now I'm leaning towards calling them and saying I need to send the 53 back.  I suspect that I will develop a very nice relationship with the 59.  I've already hit some really good shots with it.  Wedges to me are always quirky, I've changed them far less than any club in the bag throughout my playing days, even putter and I've had my current putter four years, the one prior for 10 years, I'm simply reflecting that before those two it was the typical merry go round with the flat stick.  🙂

Looking at replacing my wedges and I'm down to these to sticking with Cleveland ZC raw. How is the 59 for pitching around the green? How about opening the face and trying to hit flop type shots. My concern is with the shape of the sole, does it allow you to open the face enough to play open face flop shots and sand shots?TIA

:ping-small: G410 SFT 9* 

:ping-small: G410 SFT 3w 15* 

:srixon-small: z585 18* 2i

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW Modus 120x 
:cleveland-small: CG15 56*, RTX-3 60*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach SOFT 11C
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve decided to purchase a set of these, can’t wait. It just makes too much sense what he’s saying, and with the reviews backing it up here and elsewhere, it seems silly to play something else unless you’re a pure striker.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, jroot327 said:

Looking at replacing my wedges and I'm down to these to sticking with Cleveland ZC raw. How is the 59 for pitching around the green? How about opening the face and trying to hit flop type shots. My concern is with the shape of the sole, does it allow you to open the face enough to play open face flop shots and sand shots?TIA

So sorry that I missed this - April has been a blur

there are no issues opening the face if you wish to hit flop shots. The V sole is different from a normal sand wedge - there’s no need to open the face in a trap - it’s one of the things that I liked best about my former wedges 

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds.