11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice to see Jordan have another decent round.  He's actually on quite a roll for him.  Hope he keeps it up through the weekend.

My two picks made the cut...  Finau and Fowler.  They both need good rounds on Sat and Sun, but I've got a feeling.  Probably just gas.

The way Speith's been playing you know he can taste it. I predict he'll win either this weekend or the next event. If Fowler doesn't do better someone better take him to the back of the woodshed....Finau, while I really like him is just Finau - always a bridesmaid never a bride. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those in the media who question whether Finau will ever close one out for a win. The dude had the best round by 2 strokes on Sunday and had the 2nd best round on a brutal Saturday. I wouldn't call

Remember Berger talking about feeling like he was having a heart attack from the pressure?! INSANE. These aren’t even the MAJORS! Let’s one know how incredible Tiger and Jack were! “Onions!” LG TF

We get it. You don’t think any American should play overseas. Your point was made in last weeks thread so drop the sold out comments.     Nice win by Max. Gets him in to the WGC next week. Part

Posted Images

You would think with this lineup I could have hoped for better results.  Wow!

Snip20210220_2.png

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

14 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

You would think with this lineup I could have hoped for better results.  Wow!

Snip20210220_2.png

The ebb and flow of tour players games is interesting to watch for sure.  But that is still a very solid team and will yield many points over the course of the season.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Winds gusting up to 30 mph are going to make "moving day" a bit more interesting.

image.png.2411001f7ac0c39c3b07becd79dabe0b.png

****EDIT***

While putting together lunch for todays round, I thought I heard the horns blow.  RU Kidding me?  They are suspending play due to winds... come on man, let him play.  🙄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Winds gusting up to 30 mph are going to make "moving day" a bit more interesting.

****EDIT***

While putting together lunch for todays round, I thought I heard the horns blow.  RU Kidding me?  They are suspending play due to winds... come on man, let him play.  🙄

Has the tour suspended play for only wind before? I can't remember another time personally

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

17 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Has the tour suspended play for only wind before? I can't remember another time personally

I think I read somewhere that the last time they suspend d play for these conditions were the Open a few years ago

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

They are back playing 

• Like 1

:ping-small:  Driver G425 Max 9*
:ping-small:   3 wood G425 Max

:callaway-small: Maverik Irons 4i to AW  Recoil r flex
 :taylormade-small: MG2 black 50 54 58 Recoil Smacwrap r                              

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 

:taylormade-small: TP5x 2021

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

****EDIT***

I guess that's another difference between my play and the pros.  Those winds are nothing at my course; play in it all the time.  However, those winds under tournament conditions will blow the ball off the green!!  And I often think our greens are fast!!!  🤣

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, ncwoz said:

Me neither... maybe over on the Ireland coast once but not very often.

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I guess that's another difference between my play and the pros.  Those winds are nothing at my course; play in it all the time.  However, those winds under tournament conditions will blow the ball off the green!!  And I often think our greens are fast!!!  🤣

Agree.  I could see sustained 20+ with gusts over 30 but I played todays round in 12-16 mph winds.  Perhaps it's because their greens are so fast?  I was really surprised when I heard the horns blow. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ncwoz said:

They suspended play for wind in La Quinta for the Humana Challenge, now AmEX in 2012.  It tore down the tents.  I was there playing a course in Palm Springs at the time... brutal!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am puzzled as to why the strategy on #10 was as bad as it was today. That hole cost guys some strokes, and with where the pin was, I didn’t understand why they didn’t play short of the left bunker to hit a high spinning wedge to that back left pin. 

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

I am puzzled as to why the strategy on #10 was as bad as it was today. That hole cost guys some strokes, and with where the pin was, I didn’t understand why they didn’t play short of the left bunker to hit a high spinning wedge to that back left pin. 

I think they didn't know standing on the tee how that green was playing to realize the bomb and gouge wouldn't work.  We got to see everyone making the same mistake but they don't get to.  From what I saw they wouldn't have been able to spin it enough to hold the ball near that pin even from the fairway.  But they could have hit the tee ball like you said and played to the front middle of the green and let it release to 10 - 15 feet.

I think the best place to be for a possible birdie with that pin would have been to somehow hit the tee ball into the back right trap.  

• Like 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Sounds like #10 continued its reign as the hole to beat at Riviera. I only caught a bit of yesterday's round before play was suspended.  Look forward to seeing the re-run.  Today's weather looks good.  A handful of the leaders will have a few extra holes to play today... which could be a good thing or bad thing.  Wouldn't you just hate being "in the groove" and not being able to finish the round? 

• Like 2

The fashion police are gonna explode. DJ is wearing a HOODIE on the course this morning!🤯

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

54 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Sounds like #10 continued its reign as the hole to beat at Riviera. I only caught a bit of yesterday's round before play was suspended.  Look forward to seeing the re-run.  Today's weather looks good.  A handful of the leaders will have a few extra holes to play today... which could be a good thing or bad thing.  Wouldn't you just hate being "in the groove" and not being able to finish the round? 

Or being in the lead and finishing your last 3 holes +3, and needing to play 22 holes to try and hold on to your lead? I'm not rooting against Burns by any means, but he's definitely got a mentally challenging day ahead of him!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

The fashion police are gonna explode. DJ is wearing a HOODIE on the course this morning!🤯

And white tops for the group.  My experience is that when it's cold, black is a better color when it's sunny.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

And white tops for the group.  My experience is that when it's cold, black is a better color when it's sunny.

Gotta agree with black being a better color choice when it is sunny and cold. 

• Like 3

Burns isn’t folding from DJ pressure. Going to be an interesting day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

JS is hitting just enough bad shots to keep from moving up when he hits good shots.  He seems to be pressing a little more than he has the past few weeks.

My man Tony is hanging in there.  C'mon Tony, no big mistakes!!

• Like 4