Arccos User Group

tony@CIC

I use the Arccos with my Apple Watch. I’d say 70% of my shots are captured in real time except for putts. I stopped using a sensor in my putter because it was working so poorly. Because of this, I manually edit after every hole. I love the statistics and reviewing my rounds, so I can handle the little bit of frustration that comes with constantly checking to see if shots were recorded. 

I played in a guys' golf trip with 45 holes/day for 3 days and 18 holes sandwiched around those rounds.  It was fun, but the Apple Watch barely completed the first 18 holes before switching to the iPhone 15 Pro.  It's not a big deal, but when I switched from a Watch to an iPhone, I lost connection with the Bushnell mini.  I do not know why I couldn't reconnect the Bushnell speaker, but I understand the Link Pro's value versus Apple Watch in this scenario.  It has a longer battery life and can play music without losing the Bluetooth connection.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

Sharing this here. I cut open a screw in Arccos sensor to confirm whether the sensor inside is the same as the embedded sensors that would fit in smart grips (Golfpride MCC etc) and the Jumbomax STR8 tour and wrap grips. 
TL/DR: looks the same. I’m ordering a JMX STR8 Tour Wrap grip to try out with one of these cut open and removed sensors to confirm fitment. 

2024 WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

9 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Sharing this here. I cut open a screw in Arccos sensor to confirm whether the sensor inside is the same as the embedded sensors that would fit in smart grips (Golfpride MCC etc) and the Jumbomax STR8 tour and wrap grips. 
TL/DR: looks the same. I’m ordering a JMX STR8 Tour Wrap grip to try out with one of these cut open and removed sensors to confirm fitment. 

Please keep us posted.  Any chance you can send us all a pic of it in pieces to see what the guts of it look like?  Thank you in advance.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

2 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Please keep us posted.  Any chance you can send us all a pic of it in pieces to see what the guts of it look like?  Thank you in advance.

Yep. Pics are in the linked JMX grip post, but I’ll share here too:

On the left is a putter sensor bought when I used a Superstroke grip. Right is the sensor cut out from the screw in grip. They have different part numbers on the upper face (presumably one for screw in sensor and other for embedded sensor), but appear to be the same sensor element. 

IMG_4936.jpeg

2024 WITB:

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix:callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

29 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Yep. Pics are in the linked JMX grip post, but I’ll share here too:

On the left is a putter sensor bought when I used a Superstroke grip. Right is the sensor cut out from the screw in grip. They have different part numbers on the upper face (presumably one for screw in sensor and other for embedded sensor), but appear to be the same sensor element. 

IMG_4936.jpeg

Thank you!

That’s cool.  Wish I had known that.  Just paid the extra charges to buy another SS putter sensor piece….

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

new STR8 Tour and Wrap grips arrived today. Threw the tour on my new 7-wood with one of the sensors I’ve removed from a screw in sensor. Looks the mutt’s nuts!

I will be putting the wrap on a hybrid annd an ultra lite on an iron - then I can test my options fully and decide which grip wins for the full set. 

IMG_4970.jpeg

IMG_4969.jpeg

2024 WITB:

2024 Tests:

Just got a new set of Sim2 Max irons; and got "free" set of Arccos sensors at the same time.  Have played 2 rounds with them so far and I really like all the data they provide.  The average yardage for each club is a huge help with these new irons, I'd been using a set of Ping Eye 2's for the last 25 years - so I'm hitting these much further with the stronger lofts.  Impressed with how they pick up 95% or so all shots; putts are the only thing I have to occasionally edit.  Now I just need 3 more rounds so I can see how much the Smart Caddie helps.

I am looking at “Adjusted Distance” and I am not really liking this new methodology that Arccos uses.  I wish they would allow us to turn this off or adjust it.  Some of the adjustments seem pretty arbitrary around wind direction which is not really right.

13 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I am looking at “Adjusted Distance” and I am not really liking this new methodology that Arccos uses.  I wish they would allow us to turn this off or adjust it.  Some of the adjustments seem pretty arbitrary around wind direction which is not really right.

Agreed. I find myself wondering how often Arccos updates weather info. Around Akron, it seems the wind swirls more when we have stronger winds. The info can still be useful over the course of the round as long as I make a point to kind of remember the adjustments. Even if they just added a little wind direction icon so we could easily see where they think the wind is coming versus where it actually is coming from

Lately, I really haven't been using the GPS in Arccos much at all. I got a range finder for Christmas, so I use it and then check my watch for the adjustment for elevation/wind. This came in really handy when I played a new course a couple weeks ago with huge elevation changes.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Posted (edited)

Currently on my 5th season using arccos and I've concluded that I really like the data it provides but that the app itself is nearly worthless on course.  The club suggestions it provides are still pretty dumb.  I don't care how bad my greens hit percentage is with my 5 iron, I'm not going to hit PW + LW and deliberately lay up with no hazard to avoid.  The weather /wind integration is also dumb, the wind is not blowing the same direction at the same intensity as it was whenever it last sampled the weather station that is 10 miles away.  

I think there is valuable info it gathers that can give you insight on what to work on for practice but it is definitely not a "caddie".  Now is they could partner with golf logic and add their greens book info onto the greens view then we'd be talking.  I'm still chugging along on gen 2 sensors with no subscription but if be willing to pay something to get green info integrated into the app.  Sorry if that I'm not sure I will be sticking with it once my sensors stop working and they want me to pay an annual fee.  

Edited by ChitownM2

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Agreed. I find myself wondering how often Arccos updates weather info. Around Akron, it seems the wind swirls more when we have stronger winds. The info can still be useful over the course of the round as long as I make a point to kind of remember the adjustments. Even if they just added a little wind direction icon so we could easily see where they think the wind is coming versus where it actually is coming from

Lately, I really haven't been using the GPS in Arccos much at all. I got a range finder for Christmas, so I use it and then check my watch for the adjustment for elevation/wind. This came in really handy when I played a new course a couple weeks ago with huge elevation changes.

I’m with you, I have a Bushnell range finder too.  I do use the adjustments sometimes, but I look at how the adjustments are being calculated.  But it takes time and so I rarely use it exactly, but as a rough guide.  
My complaint is in driver distance ce it adjusted 24 yards down like close to 10% total GPs distance.  That’s ridiculous.  I asked Arccos if we could jus true  that adjustment off on our club distance stats.

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

Currently on my 5th season using arccos and I've concluded that I really like the data it provides but that it is nearly worthless on course.  The club suggestions it provides are still pretty dumb.  I don't care how bag my greens got percentage is with my 5 iron, I'm not going to hit PW + LW.  The weather /wind integration is also dumb, the wind is not blowing the same direction at the same intensity as it was whenever it last samples the weather station that is 10 miles away.  

I hear you.  I never use the virtual caddy suggestions.  Their AI must be really bad!  😂  I do like the flyovers before playing a new course.  It gives me a good feel for what I might be facing.  It helped me a lot on some very hard courses, I have never seen before.

6 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I hear you.  I never use the virtual caddy suggestions.  Their AI must be really bad!  😂  I do like the flyovers before playing a new course.  It gives me a good feel for what I might be facing.  It helped me a lot on some very hard courses, I have never seen before.

I definitely look at the preview before heading out to a new course as I find that helpful to develop a strategy, especially for identifying holes where I shouldn't just be automatically pulling out driver

5 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

I definitely look at the preview before heading out to a new course as I find that helpful to develop a strategy, especially for identifying holes where I shouldn't just be automatically pulling out driver

I love how the Arccos AI, always recommends driver when you ask for virtual caddy advise! 🤣 It’s generally useless.

Posted (edited)

Anybody know if the Arccos data will only count something as "up and down" if it's for par?

have had a couple holes where I got up and down for bogey but it stats on the round had my up and down percentage as 0% 

(both instances took me 2 shots to get on green from within 50 yrds .... cause I'm rubbish out of bunkers)

Not sure if I don't see it logging as up and down because it wasn't for par or b/c I took multiple "approach" shots to get on green

Planning to send a message to arccos as well but posting something here as well

Thanks

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

15 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

Anybody know if the Arccos data will only count something as "up and down" if it's for par?

have had a couple holes where I got up and down for bogey but it stats on the round had my up and down percentage as 0% 

(both instances took me 2 shots to get on green from within 50 yrds .... cause I'm rubbish out of bunkers)

Not sure if I don't see it logging as up and down because it wasn't for par or b/c I took multiple "approach" shots to get on green

Planning to send a message to arccos as well but posting something here as well

Thanks

Correct; up and down is for par

My Apple Watch is out of commission this week, so I am back to using the old Link temporarily.  Any reviews on the Link Pro?  Just curious.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:41 AM, ChitownM2 said:

Currently on my 5th season using arccos and I've concluded that I really like the data it provides but that the app itself is nearly worthless on course.  The club suggestions it provides are still pretty dumb.  I don't care how bad my greens hit percentage is with my 5 iron, I'm not going to hit PW + LW and deliberately lay up with no hazard to avoid.  The weather /wind integration is also dumb, the wind is not blowing the same direction at the same intensity as it was whenever it last sampled the weather station that is 10 miles away.  

I think there is valuable info it gathers that can give you insight on what to work on for practice but it is definitely not a "caddie".  Now is they could partner with golf logic and add their greens book info onto the greens view then we'd be talking.  I'm still chugging along on gen 2 sensors with no subscription but if be willing to pay something to get green info integrated into the app.  Sorry if that I'm not sure I will be sticking with it once my sensors stop working and they want me to pay an annual fee.  

I agree the app has issues at time. I have an AW that I use exclusively now, leaving the LINK home and the iphone in my bag. 

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

2 hours ago, Golf Dawg said:

I agree the app has issues at time. I have an AW that I use exclusively now, leaving the LINK home and the iphone in my bag. 

I’m with you.  The Apple Watch is perfect with Arccos.  I needed a new battery for my Apple Watch, so I doing without this week. The Link is my on,y option since the phone in the pocket is a pain.

4 hours ago, KC Golf said:

My Apple Watch is out of commission this week, so I am back to using the old Link temporarily.  Any reviews on the Link Pro?  Just curious.

I am interested as well about the Link Pro.  I am experiencing an issue with my left wrist and cannot wear my Apple Watch.  Someone must have used the Link Pro.....

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

lazarus.png

7 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I am interested as well about the Link Pro.  I am experiencing an issue with my left wrist and cannot wear my Apple Watch.  Someone must have used the Link Pro.....

I'm currently using the link pro (don't have an apple watch) and it been great. Been accurate on picking up shots. Don't notice the thing is in my pocket. easy to get the flag position.

Haven't played multiple rounds in a single day to fully test battery life, but the charging case on a full charge got me like 8-10 rounds before I decided to recharge it.

Overall it's been great so far

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 3:45 PM, KC Golf said:

I love how the Arccos AI, always recommends driver when you ask for virtual caddy advise! 🤣 It’s generally useless.

305 yrd par 4.. you’re laying up????  Lol.   Also, Arccos recommends driver on dog leg par 4 but can’t account for the row of 50 ft trees in your way! 
   I had arccos for 3 seasons and just paired it with an Apple watch.  Im working out a few kinks which are prob  user errors!

Edited by Fiveslow

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I've been using the Link Pro for about a year now (don't ask 😁) and it's been fantastic.  It is a big upgrade from the original link that I was using before.  It very rarely misses shots now, I'd say 1-2 a round at most instead of 7-8.  Also, as mentioned above it is so light that you don't notice it in  your pocket and since it now has a physical tactical button for marking flags I can find it from outside my shorts so I don't even have to put my hand in my pocket to do it.   

21 hours ago, Golf Dawg said:

I started with Arccos back when you had to have your phone in the pocket and it was a huge pain.  I use an android phone so shot detection on that is significantly worse since Apple only uses 2-3 different microphones in the history of all of iPhone compared to android where every mfr might have a different microphone supplier in every phone they produce.  The link was a huge upgrade for me and the link pro is even better.

17 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

See above

Edited by ChitownM2

11 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

I'm currently using the link pro (don't have an apple watch) and it been great. Been accurate on picking up shots. Don't notice the thing is in my pocket. easy to get the flag position.

Haven't played multiple rounds in a single day to fully test battery life, but the charging case on a full charge got me like 8-10 rounds before I decided to recharge it.

Overall it's been great so far

45 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

I've been using the Link Pro for about a year now (don't ask 😁) and it's been fantastic.  It is a big upgrade from the original link that I was using before.  It very rarely misses shots now, I'd say 1-2 a round at most instead of 7-8.  Also, as mentioned above it is so light that you don't notice it in  your pocket and since it now has a physical tactical button for marking flags I can find it from outside my shorts so I don't even have to put my hand in my pocket to do it.   

I started with Arccos back when you had to have your phone in the pocket and it was a huge pain.  I use an android phone so shot detection on that is significantly worse since Apple only uses 2-3 different microphones in the history of all of iPhone compared to android where every mfr might have a different microphone supplier in every phone they produce.  The link was a huge upgrade for me and the link pro is even better.

See above

Thank you for the review. It’s very helpful.
I bought the second version of the Link and tested the first generation of the Link a few years ago.  I found the second gen link was still mediocre when you used on the course.  Shot misses were still an issue. 

I think if my newly acquired Apple Watch starts dying due to battery life I will have to trying getting one. I may bite the bullet if they have a sale on it.  

There are rumours that the Link Pro will go on sale around Fathers Day. But who knows. 

On 5/15/2024 at 10:28 PM, KC Golf said:

Massively agree. Nothing at all wrong with the old system IMO 

Bag full of mostly PING, apart from Cleveland CBX wedges..I need all the help I can get! 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else download the courses for the Majors, then use the preview caddie to see where'd you'd likely be playing from or hitting to?  Golf broadcasts can be a bit boring, this makes it a bit more interesting for me (and shows me how much I suck)

1 hour ago, Lafn96 said:

Anyone else download the courses for the Majors, then use the preview caddie to see where'd you'd likely be playing from or hitting to?  Golf broadcasts can be a bit boring, this makes it a bit more interesting for me (and shows me how much I suck)

Yes! I've done this watching majors and a few other tournaments on TV.lol

2024 WITB:

2024 Tests:

• 2 weeks later...

New to the Arccos experience- in fact, I  will be playing my first round with them on Saturday.

Question for all you Arccos pro’s… 

I have the Arccos Link Pro (not a fan of having my phone in pocket when I play)… can I use my phone to see the course and get distance data while using the Link Pro?  While I have a range finder, I much prefer having my phone attached to my push cart and use that for distances...

Thanks in advance, 

JD

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

8 minutes ago, Jean D said:

New to the Arccos experience- in fact, I  will be playing my first round with them on Saturday.

Question for all you Arccos pro’s… 

I have the Arccos Link Pro (not a fan of having my phone in pocket when I play)… can I use my phone to see the course and get distance data while using the Link Pro?  While I have a range finder, I much prefer having my phone attached to my push cart and use that for distances...

Thanks in advance, 

JD

I am assuming the Link Pro works similar to the original Link.  So if you synch them together which it will ask to do on your iPhone, it should work and provide you distances GPS and also adjusting for various conditions as well.  So 2 numbers for front, middle and back.

Yes you can use your phone for GPS purposes while using the link to just track the round.

A useful feature I think is that you can actively see how far away you are from the last shot you hit ... so if you are like me and you so happen to hit it off line once in a while off the tee and didn't see it land, if you know your distances pretty well, you can narrow the search down a little bit

Enjoy and best of luck this weekend