Is Golf Addictive

Pretty much the only logical explanation for why I love a game that is so completely frustrating a large majority of the time!

Driver - Titleist TS2 

3 Wood - TaylorMade Rocketballz 2

Hybrids - Taylormade Rescue knockoffs

Irons - Taylormade Burner 2.0

52 Degree - Cleveland CG14

56 Degree - Titleist Vokey BV

60 Degree - Ping Glide 3.0

Ball - Depends if I find in or have to pay for it.

On 7/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, CrazyGolfNut said:

Golf is not an addiction or a habit, it is Life or Death!  Sorry.  Now back to my basement for some putting practice ... 😆

Golf is life; life is golf.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Does a bear go poo poo in the woods? YEP

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2023 at 11:37 PM, Krowland said:

For me, yes!  I've played many sports growing up, very competitive, and thought i enjoyed playing them... until I got into golf. Now that i have gotten older, the other sports have faded and I specifically concentrate on golf.  If i'm not playing golf, i'm watching golf. If i'm not watching golf, i'm looking at equipment. I'm reading articles, researching, buying stuff i probably don't need but can be another tool added to my bag.  

No sport has ever been as challenging yet enjoyable as golf has been for me. I was blessed with athleticism but there is so much more to this game than just some fast twitch muscles and given ability.   I think golf has to be one of the only sports where people can practice and not get any better. Or shoot the greatest round of their life one day, and their worst the next time out.  The chase is real and i'll keep running even if there is no finish line!  I'm like a dog chasing a ball, really is no winner, its an endless game and i'll keep playing until i'm forced to quit! 

I have the same feeling. In HS and college I played sports and was always one of the better athletes and yes I did put in a lot of work to become good. Golf is completely. It challenges my mind and that every shot is different. No matter how much I practice every shot is a new shot. It’s a group sport for me but individual play. I didn’t naturally step on the course and be better than most and still after a few years I’m still not even close. I can play with my friends and beat them just off my competitiveness but put me up against a seasoned player and I’ll get walked around the course. That is what makes it addictive to me and keeps me coming back.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.