Music on the Golf Course?

Big fan of music in the course.  I have multiple speakers from small and subtle to a turtle box with a microphone for beer scrambles.  Use your judgement on decibel level and have a good time.  

WITB: Paradym drivers and irons.  18 handicap searching for better drives! 

Music is fine as long as it isn't loud!  

Mark Luft

Driver:  PING G430SFT 

Woods: PING G430SFT 3, 5 & 7

Irons:  PING G430 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W, 45, 50, 54, 58

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X HydroBlast #9

Bag:  Bag Boy Revolver

Push Cart:  Bag Boy Nitro 3 Wheeler

As long as it's at a reasonable volume I love music on the golf course. Helps break up the monotony of a slow round. 

I have a buddy who is always looking for an excuse for this bad shots, and loves to blame it on someone's music. Funny thing is though, he'll then put his airpods in to tune everything else out, so apparently it's only other people's music that bothers him?

Qi10 LS, M5 3wd, P790s 4-AW, Corza Ghost Putter

Yes, my group plays music. I have a couple of speakers. Depends on the tastes of the group though. For me, it helps me be less tense...A distraction from the technical, tension-buiding swing thoughts that I don't like. The heart of rock 'n roll is still beatin' in this old guy!

Best, -Marv

Prefer no music, but if someone in the group likes to have music playing, I'm okay with it to a point. Not everyone on the course wants to hear the music that one person likes! Yes, that one person has "rights", but irritating everyone on the course is not a right! If the players are considerate of other golfers, I'm good with it.

Ted Tedeschi

Yay on weekends. I’m in Orlando and weekend rounds are awfully slow here. Cannot play too seriously so let’s sprinkle in some fun and music!

Nay during the week or if play is fast enough. 

ZX5 MK II DR | STZ230 32 | JPX850 3H 4H | MP18 6i-PW | JPX 919HM GW | S18 55 | SM8 60 | Phantom X11.5 | Q-Star Tour

Enjoying music on the golf course can enhance your experience, but it's important to do so considerately. Keeping the volume at a level where it's only heard near your cart or bag ensures that you can enjoy your tunes without disturbing other golfers. By being mindful of those around you and maintaining a respectful volume, you can strike the perfect balance between enjoying your music and respecting the etiquette of the game.

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV or Chrome Tour X

6 hours ago, Chubbs1991 said:

Enjoying music on the golf course can enhance your experience, but it's important to do so considerately. Keeping the volume at a level where it's only heard near your cart or bag ensures that you can enjoy your tunes without disturbing other golfers. By being mindful of those around you and maintaining a respectful volume, you can strike the perfect balance between enjoying your music and respecting the etiquette of the game.

... So common sense and being considerate of others? 😉 I am repeating myself on this topic because it seems like whenever MGS posts about hot topics we get first posts from someone that didn't read the previous responses. 

... We should all be able to do whatever makes our rounds more enjoyable long as it doesn't infringe on others ability to do the same. If someone prefers no music at all (and I used to be firmly in that camp) it is easy enough to play music so low they will never hear it. The only exception would be sharing a cart with someone you get paired up with and in that case I simply would not play music. 

... It should go without saying but it is amazingly inconsiderate and rude to play your music LOUD enough to disturb others. I play 4 to 5 times a week and honestly it is rare for Bro Golfers to do this but they are usually the same group that drives on tee boxes and near greens, doesn't rep[air ball marks to divots and drink to an excess. The thing is if it happens twice a week it seems like a lot but they are certainly the minority in my experience. 

... The bottom line is it is possible to please all the people all the time as long as you are considerate of your partners.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I enjoy listening to music on the course when it’s just me and my husband. However, we keep the volume low out of respect for others. I have played on some courses when it seemed someone had installed a subwoofer to the cart because I could feel the vibrations from 3 fairways away!  That, is not cool. 

if we are playing with others, we usually ask if they are ok with it and go with the consensus. We are all out there to have fun at the local course so no need to add any more drama!  

I use Kalea clubs and experiment with a variety of golf balls. I love being outdoors and enjoy lots of activities.