Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Music on the Golf Course?

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

Just search the site for the annual Bluetooth speaker reviews. You’ll have your answer. 😂😂

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Yesterday one guy in my group was playing 90s heavy metal and another was listening to a fantasy football podcast.  It was an interesting experience.

I don't mind music generally but would choose no music if given the choice.  Totally okay with music if someone wants it.  Not a hill I would die on.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I play without music unless I am with others that play with it at a respectable volume. Most of the time I am fine with it but there are some moments where it seems to mess up my rhythm. As others have and will say, as long as it’s not loud enough to hear from three fairways over, it’s probably fine. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I used to be a no music on the course person but now I like to listen to acoustic rock while I walk. Even when my cart is on the fringe of the green you'd be hard pressed to hear it because I understand not everyone like music when they play.

For those suggesting using bluetooth earbuds, unless you use the bone conducting type, you're not going to hear anyone yell fore, so that is out.

Now...

giphy.gif

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

AirPods have setting to let in surrounding sound. I assume most earbuds that are used for running have similar. 

I prefer no music, but play with guys you like it. Our compromise is turn it down at the tee box and enjoy it otherwise through the green. It gets jarring when the song switches while you’re in mid swing and my crap game doesn’t need any more handicaps

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

No music.  I have no idea why it's a thing or is allowed to be a thing.  

I play to escape the everyday world. get out in nature and air my brain out.  I turn my phone down and messages off even while using Golf Logix to tell me where I am on the course.  I'm fine with private clubs that don't even allow phones or music on the course.  

Yes, I get occasionally get paired up with people who want their music and I'll put up with it to a point (I don't need to hear it three fairways away) but it honestly ruins the experience for me.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Nope, nope and then nope again. I would rather they played ahead and i will follow up as a single. Fortunately, this is not a fad that has really kicked off here in South Africa, guys do play with Bluetooth earphones in, that suits me.

Edited by JimmyV77

Driver: Cleveland Launcher

3 Wood: TaylorMade M4

Rescue: TaylorMade Burner 

Irons: Wilson Staff D9 Forged

Wedges: Adams 54; Cleveland 60

Putter: Tour Edge Double Flow

I love good old rock and roll and have a tendency to play it loud with the windows down to and from the course. But on the course, as I am a dew sweeper, there is nothing better than the sounds of nature to listen to. That is why I play golf early as during my last round I was fortunate enough to see deer, turkey, herons, a bald eagle, snapping turtle, along with assorted songbirds. Nothing beats those sounds and sights.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

14 hours ago, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

Absolutely no music!

What the hell is he thinking of?

Certainly not his playing partners, or the rest of the field.

10 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be at times.  I've had people ask me politely if I mind if they played music and actually what genres I preferred.  Most of the time I'll say yes if they keep the volume down.  But to assume it's OK to play without asking seems a bit rude and self-centered.  If they really needed to hear music to play golf, why not Bluetooth earbuds so they are the only ones impacted.

What's wrong with abundant subtle sounds of nature on a golf course?  You know the swaying of trees in the wind and their rumbling of leaves?  The babbling brook meandering through the golf course?  Or the constant barrage of F-bombs two fairways over on every missed fairway or putt?  Now that's the peace and serenity of golf!

I am good with music on  the course! Started a few years ago and find it relaxing. We always ask our playing partners if the mind music and we keep the volume down. There are times we have music in each cart!

Navy Veteran, golf nut!

I will simply start by saying, I love music (several genre's) and I have no less than 9 speakers in every car I own with amps and subs.  I have crossovers on every speaker so they play a certain range and they all sound absolutely amazing. Music is how I get up and wind down daily.

But, on the golf course, no way.  I have been in two tournaments this year where I refused a cart playing music.  I told the first one as long as I can't hear it, it is fine.  For the first 5 holes when he got to greens and tee's, he turned it down. Then on 6 I asked him to turn it down because I could hear it and then wound up a couple of more times having to ask.  The 2nd time, I just said no music and one other guy quickly agreed.   I have a rhythm with my swing and do not want it influenced by music.  

Personally, when in tournaments I believe every course should just put it in their rules NO MUSIC.  Sorry, but I don't want to be putting for a much needed birdie or trying to split a 27 yard wide fairway on a hole that I have to make par on with Kid Rock in the background.  

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Smoke Ai Triple Diamond Kaili White 60X

3 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Smoke Ai Triple Diamond Project X Denali 70X

5 Wood:   :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha (2004 model) w/Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85TX

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: TSi2 21⁰ Hybrid w/Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X

Irons:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex Pro '24 4-PW w/KBS Tour-V 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 50, 56 and 60 w/Dynamic Gold S400.

Putter:  image.png.f982a1cda34892094275907ab80330c5.png Frontline Elite Elevado Custom Face Balanced Single Bend

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

https://www.daltongcc.org/

As a working musician I love music, however it becomes my primary focus and is extremely distracting when performing other tasks like golf, so my vote is no music. For those that like to have some music while playing, get some Bluetooth ear buds. Most have an ambient sound feature that lets in surrounding sounds or just wear one earbud if the ambient feature isn't good enough. 

If they insist on music, I'd bring a play list of the most annoying music possible. Start with children's music like Alven and the Chipmunks then progress through until you get to Yoko Ono screeching. 😀

Bag: Ping 425 sft, tour edge Hl4 irons, XXIO 3 wood, 20 year old Nike putter

15 hours ago, Ron Folkinga said:

Your friend of a friend needs to respect others who may not want music played while playing golf.  If he loves music while playing then get headphones and don't bother others.  Additionally, why do I need to listen to 70s music?  What if I want Country, 80s or other types?  What an a$$!  I like to play music on the course but will minimize the volume or turn it off if requested.  

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

My buddies and I play music. Not loud or disturbing to the other groups. If there is a group on the tee as we approach, we shut it off until they leave. 

If someone is paired with us, we ask if we can play music. In all the times we played, the partner has never said no.
We are not obnoxious, nor do we bother other people.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

16 hours ago, Ron Folkinga said:

I too am in my 60's. I play music when I play but before I start my music I always ask if it's ok with my playing partners. I don't use a speaker just my Iphone and never at full volume. I think the guy you're playing with is an ahole and has no respect for his fellow golfers. If someone ask I happily turn is up or down. Speakers are obnoxious since not everyone has the same music tastes.

W S Mitchell

11 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be at times.  I've had people ask me politely if I mind if they played music and actually what genres I preferred.  Most of the time I'll say yes if they keep the volume down.  But to assume it's OK to play without asking seems a bit rude and self-centered.  If they really needed to hear music to play golf, why not Bluetooth earbuds so they are the only ones impacted.

What's wrong with abundant subtle sounds of nature on a golf course?  You know the swaying of trees in the wind and their rumbling of leaves?  The babbling brook meandering through the golf course?  Or the constant barrage of F-bombs two fairways over on every missed fairway or putt?  Now that's the peace and serenity of golf!

agree, play golf to escape work and relax, not have people impose their anti social selfish desires on me

I love music and have a humongous collection of it dating back to the forties.  Love my oldies as well as disco.  Never listen to the radio, I pick my own and download onto a USB drive and play it in my SUV, have over 5,000 selections on my travel drive.  Put it on shuffle and off I go, but when on the golf course, just want to enjoy my golf game, mother nature and fellowship.  Love the birds and mother nature at her best.  Occasional conversation and hopefully a good round, not ruined by blaring music.  I also leave my cell phone in my car so I do not interrupt others who are playing, nothing like a phone going off in the middle of a putt or a back swing, SO RUDE. And talking on the phone when people are playing.  So many adjectives to discuss those who do that, no respect.  Cannot play with smokers due to respiratory issues.  Used to be a heavy smoker and really bothers me now.  Stopped smoking in 1990, cold turkey and feel so much better.  Those who smoke in our men's group are very respectful, because a lot of men in the 70's and 80's still smoke, that are still alive.  My mother died at 53 of lung cancer from smoking, adversely affected my father's death at 82.  Those are my three no's on the golf course.  There to have fun and play golf.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

again lets put out a COVID golfers etiquette golf book. They (most of them) do not own the course when they pay their greens fees.  Apparently rap or country is ok and no need to ask if music or volume is distracting to the players. I do play music but not until introductions are made. and when I do play it I play it so only we can hear it and not the whole course!!

tmlogo.JPG.0367b02a28c6a9fcb72d4b6aba7d1c5c.JPG

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 2

Fairway- Taylormade Stealth Plus

Hybrid - Taylormade SIM2

Irons - Taylormade Phantom Black

Wedges - Taylormade MG2

Putter - Taylormade Spider GT Notchback

Balls - Taylormade PIX

I personally don't like music on the course, but if I were going to make a rule, I'd say before you hook up your speaker, check with the rest of the group, especially strangers you've been paired with. If and only if there are no objections, then go ahead but keep the volume down so you don't bother other groups.

I am a band director and have a few thoughts on music on the course. 
One half of me says- let the good times roll with the caveat your music isn’t too loud & fairly clean. Yiu and your friends should have a nice time while being respectful to your surroundings. 
Now the inner competitive side of me says shut that crap down! I’m trying to draw a 6 iron around an oak tree in the fairway and I need to concentrate. 

While I get 40-50 hours of music playing and listening in a week, I do prefer the sounds of nature while on the course. However, I can attest to this, If the music is relaxing and the right style/tempo, it can possibly help your swing tempo and help you forget about all those pesky swing thoughts clouding your mind on the Tee. Bob Marley and Chris Stapleton have definitely helped me pure a few shots that I may have otherwise psyched myself out for otherwise. 
Whatever side of the fence you sit on, I hope you enjoy your round this week. 

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

I have two guys in our large group who carry cart speakers...they drive the rest of us insane. I always make sure I cart up with someone other than the music loving golfers....they also smoke cigars from #1 to #18 and I am not a smoke lover, so I always have a back out plan.

Same for music on the range-please-NO...

Golf Gear Head

I'm not the biggest fan when in "competition." I'm talking about the 2 family trophies I play for. When it's just a normal round out by myself or with friends, a scramble situation, or anything else, I'm all about the music. 

Will