Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

Well this is interesting!

image.png

While I'm happy to see that they are still supporting the MLM I do hope that this comes to the MLM2PRO as well.  would make for a much simpler video for @Lacassem and I comparing the Mevo+! haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

image.png

While I'm happy to see that they are still supporting the MLM I do hope that this comes to the MLM2PRO as well.  would make for a much simpler video for @Lacassem and I comparing the Mevo+! haha

Very cool!  As a MLM user (thanks again @Lacassem, you rock), I'm def interested in trying this out.

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Has anyone noticed that with new update, the alignment function is... well it's different.

They now have a close up function for where your ball should be placed but the line to align your target has vanished. That makes me wonder if my pull fade is really a slice!

Did I miss a crucial piece of information?

Cheers Spies,

B

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

I haven't had a chance to use mine recently. Hopefully tomorrow. 

I did run the update do hopefully will be able to give a better update shortly!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

image.png

It is really nice to have. If it becomes available its worth it if you want to avoid the sticker. I have not seen a major data difference but simplicity makes it worth it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

There is a new Titleist ProV1 RPT ball coming, if that helps you @GolfSpy BOS. 🙂

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Just did a test side by side with Rapsodo MLM2Pro vs Trackman and, for me, they are so close it really makes me feel good about my purchase. I saw the largest deviation in launch angle but ball flights matched 100% of the time, carry, swing speed and ball speed were all quite close. Biggest advantage trackman has is the club path data but I am not sure that is worth $20k. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

• 2 weeks later...

Hopping back on this stream for a quick update on the launch monitor. I have been really impressed with the monitor and now have the chance to show it off to the golf team I am coaching. The consistent updates and firmware changes have promoted this product big time. Since the beginning of this test, they have rolled out multiple updates to improve the accuracy and overall experience. Huge, huge, huge success for Rapsodo and golfers around the world. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

2 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

Hopping back on this stream for a quick update on the launch monitor. I have been really impressed with the monitor and now have the chance to show it off to the golf team I am coaching. The consistent updates and firmware changes have promoted this product big time. Since the beginning of this test, they have rolled out multiple updates to improve the accuracy and overall experience. Huge, huge, huge success for Rapsodo and golfers around the world. 

This has been one of my favorite parts about this device. I even have enjoyed the need speed training section which I think adds a whole new element. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This has been one of my favorite parts about this device. I even have enjoyed the need speed training section which I think adds a whole new element. 

I think the speed element adds an entirely new dimension to this. At this price point, if they continuously add new things, they are going to have a real winner compared to the competitors. 

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

@GolfSpy_APH Do you feel it is worth the price tag compared to others in the same range with comparable features?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Can any of the long-term testers comment on the distance accuracy when using range balls compared to real balls? I really want to work on my wedge game from 50-120yds, but not sure if the distances I see with range balls (assuming the MLM2 does some calculations when hitting range balls?) will compare to hitting a Titleist Pro V1 on the course for real.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

1 minute ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Can any of the long-term testers comment on the distance accuracy when using range balls compared to real balls? I really want to work on my wedge game from 50-120yds, but not sure if the distances I see with range balls (assuming the MLM2 does some calculations when hitting range balls?) will compare to hitting a Titleist Pro V1 on the course for real.

You have the option to select what type of ball you are using before you start your sessions that will provide more accurate data. Premium balls go further and generally lower spin. 

Outdoor accuracy I really am impressed with. Net accuracy is good, but requires the RPT balls.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You have the option to select what type of ball you are using before you start your sessions that will provide more accurate data. Premium balls go further and generally lower spin. 

I would primarily be hitting outdoor range balls. Do you find if you've selected range balls that the numbers you see are pretty close to what you see with your on course ball?

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

Just now, Rearviewmirror said:

I would primarily be hitting outdoor range balls. Do you find if you've selected range balls that the numbers you see are pretty close to what you see with your on course ball?

I would say they are closer to what I see on the range.

It does track ball flight so it just allows the MLM2Pro to more accurately measure everything.

Range balls are most definitely not going to react like premium balls.

Hopefully that makes sense.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

While not an official tester, I have been using the MLM2Pro for the past 4 months. The biggest disparity I see is ball speed numbers with the driver. Range balls rarely get above 150 mph, where as I see higher numbers with a premium ball. As to distances with wedges, I have found the unit to be accurate and reliable with range balls in terms of my stock carry distances. Total distances aren’t as reliable as the unit isn’t taking spin into account

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

I would say they are closer to what I see on the range.

It does track ball flight so it just allows the MLM2Pro to more accurately measure everything.

Range balls are most definitely not going to react like premium balls.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Ah gotcha - so it's showing range actual distances, not adjusted predictions of what that would equate to if you were using a premium ball?

What I was hoping was that if you selected range ball, a driver shot goes 240yds with a range ball, it would then do some maths and adjust it up to 265yds for a premium ball. Range balls are notoriously short for wedge shots, and so I was hoping this could be a solution to that problem if it was able to give adjusted values to show what a shot with a range ball would do with a real ball.

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

As to distances with wedges, I have found the unit to be accurate and reliable with range balls in terms of my stock carry distances. Total distances aren’t as reliable as the unit isn’t taking spin into account

So it does some adjusting for range ball carry distance, and you see numbers similar to your on course wedge distances on the MLM2?

1 minute ago, Rearviewmirror said:

So it does some adjusting for range ball carry distance, and you see numbers similar to your on course wedge distances on the MLM2?

Yes. For example, a stock 54 degree wedge carries 105-110 for me and the mlm2 shows that. The difference being in the total. The algorithm will show 10 yards of roll out because it isn’t able to take spin into account with a range ball. So in actuality, that same ball may hop and stop for 2 yards. These are hypothetical to illustrate the point, because the algorithm also takes descent angle into account so the total distance isn’t too far off, but there are small differences between actual and presumed. If that makes sense

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Yes. For example, a stock 54 degree wedge carries 105-110 for me and the mlm2 shows that. The difference being in the total. The algorithm will show 10 yards of roll out because it isn’t able to take spin into account with a range ball. So in actuality, that same ball may hop and stop for 2 yards. These are hypothetical to illustrate the point, because the algorithm also takes descent angle into account so the total distance isn’t too far off, but there are small differences between actual and presumed. If that makes sense

It does. What I was worried about was that it would show 58º wedge with range balls carrying 55yds (how far it probably goes in reality), versus a carry number that equates to real life - where on the course a premium ball would go 70yds.

When you visually watch the range ball, presumably it's going shorter than your 105-110 number?

10 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

It does. What I was worried about was that it would show 58º wedge with range balls carrying 55yds (how far it probably goes in reality), versus a carry number that equates to real life - where on the course a premium ball would go 70yds.

When you visually watch the range ball, presumably it's going shorter than your 105-110 number?

There is a flag at 100 yards that I use as a target when I hit the 54. I can consistently carry a range ball just at or just past it. The mlm2 accurately shows the shot tracer and carry distance accordingly. Granted the range balls at the range I frequent are in fairly decent shape and the bad ones get rotated out with regularity. So as always, YMMV. 

WITB:

Hey! It's funny that you ask this, because I was quite literally just at my local range hitting shots from 50-100 yards. My local course uses different golf balls and stripes them with a red stripe. Since there are many different balls being used, I was worried about the same thing. However, I am really impressed with how accurate it is and how easy it is to use. I would actually argue that it is most accurate with these distances versus full swing drivers.

I have an iPad that connects to the launch monitor to easily look at the distances. From setting up the monitor, connecting to the iPad, and starting a session, it takes less than 2-3 minutes. Super simple and accurate results.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to enlarge the yellow "hitting" box when you're doing a range or practice session?  It's really small area 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

7 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Is there any way to enlarge the yellow "hitting" box when you're doing a range or practice session?  It's really small area 

I have not find a way to make it bigger as of yet.
But honestly after I few tries I have not tried to change the hitting box on the app and view.

Rapsodo own video does not show how to change it, so it might be a fixed feature.

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Glad I came back and read through this. The MLM2 is now on my radar.

Thanks guys! Great reviews

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

12 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I have not find a way to make it bigger as of yet.
But honestly after I few tries I have not tried to change the hitting box on the app and view.

Rapsodo own video does not show how to change it, so it might be a fixed feature.

Maybe the firmware update helped?  Cause I'm having some shots not register

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

Maybe the firmware update helped?  Cause I'm having some shots not register

Mine is up to date, and no recent issues.

I do hate how small that hitting box is on the screen, that being said, I am sure that I have hit balls outside of it and it read the shot.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

18 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Mine is up to date, and no recent issues.

I do hate how small that hitting box is on the screen, that being said, I am sure that I have hit balls outside of it and it read the shot.

I did the update so we'll see.