Newton Driver Golf Shaft Review (2024)

GolfSpy_APH

14 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I'm still trying to figure out the words on how to explain the feeling.  You feel load but it doesn't have a specific point in the shaft that loads. To me it feels like it transfers so evenly in the downswing with a "pop" at face impact. 

I hope I get to experience that with the what’s on the way. I already sent the 4 dot back.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Missed a lot since I last checked in! 

Interesting to see the differences for each person with these. I know that not all products will work for all golfers and I think that is what has made this thread great. All the different golfers sharing their experiences both good and not so good. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

UPDATE: Although I finished in the money again (T5 in a 120-player field) in the winter golf tour event on Thursday, I have removed the Newton Motion shaft from my Paradym X driver and put the HZRDUS Black Gen 4 shaft and the 8 gram back weight back into that driver head and set the loft back to the stock 10.5 degree setting.  Here’s why I did that:

• I was less consistent with my driver after installing the lighter weight in the head and lowering the loft, bringing the two-way miss into play. This hurt both my confidence and my score on Thursday (I have zero doubt that I cost myself at least 3 or 4 strokes and 3 spots on the leaderboard Thursday because of this). Those extra POTY points would have vaulted me into a solid 2nd place position on the points list, as I am currently in 4th place, only 3 points out of 3rd and 16 points out of 2nd …. the guy in 1st place has a commanding 100+ point lead.
  • I am definitely not comfortable having to adjust the driver’s loft and my swing to compensate for the shaft and its balance point / weight distribution. As JAVS and others have commented, it is never a good idea for a golfer to have to adjust to the equipment!

With the HZRDUS Black shaft back in my current gamer, I have decided to give the Newton shaft a try in a Rogue ST Max LS Triple Diamond driver head that I had laying around (the Rougue ST Max LS was my “gamer” a couple years ago, and was relegated to the backup position when I got my Paradym X driver 10 months ago).  My rationale for doing this with the Newton shaft was because:

• The Rogue ST LS TD head does not require any weight adjustment to accommodate that shaft, and
  • The Rogue ST LS TD driver is already a lower-launching, lower-spin head which should make it a better choice of clubheads for use with the Newton Motion shaft.
  • That driver is inherently fade-biased, which should offset the tendency that I have to hit draws when playing the Newton shaft in a standard-weight clubhead.

I am going to hit the Rogue ST LS TD driver with the Newton shaft in it a couple of times on the SIM early this week (one 9-hole league match, preceded by a practice session plus an 18-hole Pebble Beach challenge by a couple of guys with whom I regularly play outdoors on the winter tour and on my statewide senior travel team). If I get good results with it on the SIM, I will play it on Thursday in our winter tour event (if we get to play; we’ve had snow in Eastern PA and throughout NJ, even down along the Southern NJ seashore where it rarely snows, and the tour has delayed the event registration until Monday night or Tuesday).

Edited by funkyjudge
typos

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I'm about to go play another round with it myself and plan on having a call with Angelo tomorrow to possibly try the 5 dot. 

I hit some yesterday with adjusted weights and actually prefer the heavier head weight. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

UPDATE: Although I finished in the money again (T5 in a 120-player field) in the winter golf tour event on Thursday, I have removed the Newton Motion shaft from my Paradym X driver and put the HZRDUS Black Gen 4 shaft and the 8 gram back weight back into that driver head and set the loft back to the stock 10.5 degree setting.  Here’s why I did that:

• I was less consistent with my driver after installing the lighter weight in the head and lowering the loft, bringing the two-way miss into play. This hurt both my confidence and my score on Thursday (I have zero doubt that I cost myself at least 3 or 4 strokes and 3 spots on the leaderboard Thursday because of this). Those extra POTY points would have vaulted me into a solid 2nd place position on the points list, as I am currently in 4th place, only 3 points out of 3rd and 16 points out of 2nd …. the guy in 1st place has a commanding 100+ point lead.
  • I am definitely not comfortable having to adjust the driver’s loft and my swing to compensate for the shaft and its balance point / weight distribution. As JAVS and others have commented, it is never a good idea for a golfer to have to adjust to the equipment!

With the HZRDUS Black shaft back in my current gamer, I have decided to give the Newton shaft a try in a Rogue ST Max LS Triple Diamond driver head that I had laying around (the Rougue ST Max LS was my “gamer” a couple years ago, and was relegated to the backup position when I got my Paradym X driver 10 months ago).  My rationale for doing this with the Newton shaft was because:

• The Rogue ST LS TD head does not require any weight adjustment to accommodate that shaft, and
  • The Rogue ST LS TD driver is already a lower-launching, lower-spin head which should make it a better choice of clubheads for use with the Newton Motion shaft.
  • That driver is inherently fade-biased, which should offset the tendency that I have to hit draws when playing the Newton shaft in s standard-weight clubhead.

I am going to hit the Rogue ST LS TD driver with the Newton shaft in it a couple of times on the SIM early this week (one 9-hole league match, preceded by a practice session plus an 18-hole Pebble Beach challenge by a couple of guys with whom I regularly play outdoors on the winter tour and on my statewide senior travel team). If I get good results with it on the SIM, I will play it on Thursday in our winter tour event (if we get to play; we’ve had snow in Eastern PA and throughout NJ, even down along the Southern NJ seashore where it rarely snows, and the tour has delayed the event registration until Monday night or Tuesday).

Great feedback on the shaft and I like your assessment!

Play like a champion today!

Talked to Angelo this morning and he is sending out the 5 dot. We had a great conversation and I gave him some feedback that he was going to go back to the factory/design and ask some questions.

I honestly like the golf shaft. It loads but is consistent and pops at impact. I mentioned to him that I felt like I was getting more feedback the more I used the shaft and that's the question he is taking back. 

We talked about ball flight and trajectory and I may end up with the 4 dot but we both think trying out the 5 dot is the best decision.  

I really like that it's made in the states and the open communication with Angelo. 

Keep everyone posted.

20 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Talked to Angelo this morning and he is sending out the 5 dot. We had a great conversation and I gave him some feedback that he was going to go back to the factory/design and ask some questions.

I honestly like the golf shaft. It loads but is consistent and pops at impact. I mentioned to him that I felt like I was getting more feedback the more I used the shaft and that's the question he is taking back. 

We talked about ball flight and trajectory and I may end up with the 4 dot but we both think trying out the 5 dot is the best decision.  

I really like that it's made in the states and the open communication with Angelo. 

Keep everyone posted.

Getting the 5 and 6 delivered tomorrow. I am looking forward to testing them and seeing what I ultimately end up doing. Who knows, this shaft may not be for me. Steadfast may be the shaft for me.

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

Getting the 5 and 6 delivered tomorrow. I am looking forward to testing them and seeing what I ultimately end up doing. Who knows, this shaft may not be for me. Steadfast may be the shaft for me.

Looking forward to your feedback

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Keep everyone posted.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts

New Driver Head Update:

Here's a brief update following the Newton shaft's install in my old "gamer" driver -

I played in my indoor SIM league last night, with the Newton shaft in my old Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond driver (9* loft, set at the standard/neutral adapter setting). If you have read my comments about being super-sore and stiff from too much working out, especially on the upper body, yesterday only a few hours before golf, you'll know that I had a poor ball-striking evening. However, the driver performed really well with that Newton shaft in it (spin was reduced by about 500-600 RPM and I got AT LEAST 15 yards of additional carry with less of a pronounced draw flight. I did hit two balls that all of us thought would be absolute bombs in the fairway, while cutting the corners on two dogleg-left holes over the rocks (we played Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Nevada http://www.golfwolfcreek.com/-about-wolf-creek  which has many holes like this ..... thanks, Dennis Rider (Architect)!  On the screen, it appeared that I had cleared the rocks both times, but I didn't know that there was a ravine past the rocks on one hole, and more smaller rocks on another.  Results = two "unplayable" lies and penalty strokes.  Both times, I aimed a little further right and hit the fairway with my second tee shots (268 and 279-yard drives).  My backspin numbers with this shaft in the Triple Diamond low-spin clubhead were right at 2,000 to 2,150 RPM on a consistent basis, where they were 2,600 - 2,700 RPM or higher with the shaft in my 10.5* Paradym X driver (set down to 9.5* loft; close to 3,000 RPM at the standard 10.5* setting). Thus, I got about 20 yards of additional carry and 23 to 34 yards of additional distance overall with the Rogue LS TD driver and Newton shaft.  My launch angle came down from 15.5* - 17* to just about 13* (no higher than 13.4*) by switching to the Rogue LS TD head, and it's in my bag for my tournament tomorrow.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

New Driver Head Update:

Here's a brief update following the Newton shaft's install in my old "gamer" driver -

I played in my indoor SIM league last night, with the Newton shaft in my old Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond driver (9* loft, set at the standard/neutral adapter setting). If you have read my comments about being super-sore and stiff from too much working out, especially on the upper body, yesterday only a few hours before golf, you'll know that I had a poor ball-striking evening. However, the driver performed really well with that Newton shaft in it (spin was reduced by about 500-600 RPM and I got AT LEAST 15 yards of additional carry with less of a pronounced draw flight. I did hit two balls that all of us thought would be absolute bombs in the fairway, while cutting the corners on two dogleg-left holes over the rocks (we played Wolf Creek in Mesquite, Nevada http://www.golfwolfcreek.com/-about-wolf-creek  which has many holes like this ..... thanks, Dennis Rider (Architect)!  On the screen, it appeared that I had cleared the rocks both times, but I didn't know that there was a ravine past the rocks on one hole, and more smaller rocks on another.  Results = two "unplayable" lies and penalty strokes.  Both times, I aimed a little further right and hit the fairway with my second tee shots (268 and 279-yard drives).  My backspin numbers with this shaft in the Triple Diamond low-spin clubhead were right at 2,000 to 2,150 RPM on a consistent basis, where they were 2,600 - 2,700 RPM or higher with the shaft in my 10.5* Paradym X driver (set down to 9.5* loft; close to 3,000 RPM at the standard 10.5* setting). Thus, I got about 20 yards of additional carry and 23 to 34 yards of additional distance overall with the Rogue LS TD driver and Newton shaft.  My launch angle came down from 15.5* - 17* to just about 13* (no higher than 13.4*) by switching to the Rogue LS TD head, and it's in my bag for my tournament tomorrow.

Nice! I just got the 5 and 6 dot delivered today. I want to go out and try them out.

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

On 2/17/2024 at 1:31 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Missed a lot since I last checked in! 

Interesting to see the differences for each person with these. I know that not all products will work for all golfers and I think that is what has made this thread great. All the different golfers sharing their experiences both good and not so good. 

Get to see how the 5 and 6 dot feel. Hopefully tomorrow. 

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

Played another round today with the 4 dot and I did something I didn't think I would do... turned the driver back to 9° and I'm getting great ball flight. 

Front 9 I hit 6/7 fairways and hit 5/7 on the back.  I can't wait to get the 5 dot in and test the two of them. 

If I'm being 100% honest, I may end up with both and having a conversation with them on how to make one of them for my 3 wood. 

He said they have a couple tour players using them in 3w but he would need to get with everyone for the specs as they haven't really been tested. 

Played another round today with the 4 dot and I did something I didn't think I would do... turned the driver back to 9° and I'm getting great ball flight. 

Front 9 I hit 6/7 fairways and hit 5/7 on the back.  I can't wait to get the 5 dot in and test the two of them. 

If I'm being 100% honest, I may end up with both and having a conversation with them on how to make one of them for my 3 wood. 

He said they have a couple tour players using them in 3w but he would need to get with everyone for the specs as they haven't really been tested. 

I have two drivers in my bag right now, the 410 LST and 425 LST. I have both the 5 and 6 dot. I am going to put one in each and see which one I like better. I am also thinking of keeping both. If I hit them both well, I will get one set up for my BRNR mini.

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

Thursday WGT Update:

As I previously posted, I played the Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft in my Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond driver head (9* loft, set at neutral and standard loft) in a windy winter golf tour event on a course that has 17 replica holes to Scottish, Irish and English courses, plus one Allistair MacKenzie-designed hole that was to have been built at Lido Golf Club on Long Island but was never built.  I had some good results and some not-so-good (is this beginning to sound like a "broken record"?). Of course, a lot of this is attributable to me and my less-than-perfect swing, but I think that I can attribute at least a few of the results to the shaft (or shaft/clubhead combination).

My better drives were quite good, with a slight draw (not as pronounced as I was getting with the Paradym X head and the Newton shaft), and good to great distance. However, I still had a few "clunkers" that I didn't think were entirely because of the swings that I put on it and the quality of contact that I made.  On the draws that I hit, I got into trouble by hitting the ball too far (yes, you can certainly hit a drive too far when there is a creek that crosses the fairway between 235 - 272 yards out, angling from left-to-right, and also on another hole with a deep pot bunker dead-center in the fairway at 255 yards!). On one of those holes (embedded ball in the far wall of the creek) I had a triple bogey due to a poor decision on  my part that compounded my tee shot error. On the hole with the pot bunker dead-center, I walked off with a bogey 6 on a par-5 hole that usually offers a better than 50/50 chance for me to get a birdie.

Conclusion -- I like the way that the Newton shaft performs in the low-spin Rogue ST LS TD head better than I do in the higher-loft, higher-spin Paradym X head, and this shaft is going to stay in that Rogue ST driver head.  I can see this combination being a recipe for longer drives where I don't have to worry about any severe "lefts".

Edited by funkyjudge

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Thursday WGT Update:

As I previously posted, I played the Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft in my Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond driver head (9* loft, set at neutral and standard loft) in a windy winter golf tour event on a course that has 17 replica holes to Scottish, Irish and English courses, plus one Allistair MacKenzie-designed hole that was to have been built at Lido Golf Club on Long Island but was never built.  I had some good results and some not-so-good (is this beginning to sound like a "broken record"?). Of course, a lot of this is attributable to me and my less-than-perfect swing, but I think that I can attribute at least a few of the results to the shaft (or shaft/clubhead combination).

My better drives were quite good, with a slight draw (not as pronounced as I was getting with the Paradym X head and the Newton shaft), and good to great distance. However, I still had a few "clunkers" that I didn't think were entirely because of the swings that I put on it and the quality of contact that I made.  On the draws that I hit, I got into trouble by hitting the ball too far (yes, you can certainly hit a drive too far when there is a creek that crosses the fairway between 235 - 272 yards out, angling from left-to-right, and also on another hole with a deep pot bunker dead-center in the fairway at 255 yards!). On one of those holes (embedded ball in the far wall of the creek) I had a triple bogey due to a poor decision on  my part that compounded my tee shot error. On the hole with the pot bunker dead-center, I walked off with a bogey 6 on a par-5 hole that usually offers a better than 50/50 chance for me to get a birdie.

Conclusion -- I like the way that the Newton shaft performs in the low-spin Rogue ST LS TD head better than I do in the higher-loft, higher-spin Paradym X head, and this shaft is going to stay in that Rogue ST driver head.  I can see this combination being a recipe for longer drives where I don't have to worry about any severe "lefts".

Great feedback!  Looks like the 5 dot shows up Tuesday and I'm excited to compare the two. 

It's interesting that the LS models seem to be performing better with this shaft for everyone. 

It's interesting that the LS models seem to be performing better with this shaft for everyone. 

I think that is because otherwise this shaft generates (or promotes) too much spin in "normal" or higher-spin clubheads.  For some golfers, this really ISN'T "too much" spin, but for the rest of us, it certainly appears that it IS.

Spoiler

Hey everyone I'm a new guy here but I've been reading this entire thread with great interest. Awesome info shared by everyone.  So I'm 62 yrs old fortunate to play golf 4 or 5 times a week here in Tennessee, either on the course or on my simulator in my garage. I currently play to a 4 handicap and game a PXG Black Ops Tour1 9* driver with a Tensei AV Raw orange 55 stiff shaft. It's a decent setup which is very low spin lower trajectory and I pump it out there about 250 or so. My swing speed tends to be around 103 or so on the sim with ball speed around 140.

Always looking for more of an edge I've been intrigued by the Newton Motion shaft. So I pulled the trigger and my 4 dot arrived yesterday. I tend to be a smoother swinger and I was looking for tighter dispersion and maybe more distance. Well, after hitting 10 dozen balls on my sim with the Newton 4 dot installed, my swing speed is all of a sudden 105+ with ball speed over 147. All good right?  But the spin factor is markedly higher ranging near 3000 at times which I don't like. Carry distance is nearing 260 and I've got dispersion more to the left than I'd like. I'm thinking I may need to swap into the 5 dot. I like the feel of the shot however better than the Tensei Raw AV orange which is saying something. I feel maybe more control and confidence. I'll be out on the course with it tomorrow and I'll pass on those results. 

Edited by GAS JR

PXG Black Ops Tour1 9* Driver/Newton 4 dot 

PXG Black Ops 5 metal/Tensei AV Raw Orange 55 stiff

NewLevel NLU 21* Utility 3 iron/Hazardous Smoke black 80 stiff

NewLevel 623 MB 4i-PW/KBS Tour Lite stiff

NewLevel SPN 50-56-60 wedges/KBS wedge shafts

EVNROLL SR5 black mallet putter 35”

Snell MTB black golf balls 

23 minutes ago, GAS JR said:

Hey everyone I'm a new guy here but I've been reading this entire thread with great interest. Awesome info shared by everyone.  So I'm 62 yrs old fortunate to play golf 4 or 5 times a week here in Tennessee, either on the course or on my simulator in my garage. I currently play to a 4 handicap and game a PXG Black Ops Tour1 9* driver with a Tensei AV Raw orange 55 stiff shaft. It's a decent setup which is very low spin lower trajectory and I pump it out there about 250 or so. My swing speed tends to be around 103 or so on the sim with ball speed around 140.

Always looking for more of an edge I've been intrigued by the Newton Motion shaft. So I pulled the trigger and my 4 dot arrived yesterday. I tend to be a smoother swinger and I was looking for tighter dispersion and maybe more distance. Well, after hitting 10 dozen balls on my sim with the Newton 4 dot installed, my swing speed is all of a sudden 105+ with ball speed over 147. All good right?  But the spin factor is markedly higher ranging near 3000 at times which I don't like. Carry distance is nearing 260 and I've got dispersion more to the left than I'd like. I'm thinking I may need to swap into the 5 dot. I like the feel of the shot however better than the Tensei Raw AV orange which is saying something. I feel maybe more control and confidence. I'll be out on the course with it tomorrow and I'll pass on those results. 

A couple of us have 5 dots on the way and @GolfSpy_APHhas hit the 5 dot some. 

Mine shows up Tuesday and I'll be updating the thread after I play a round. 

Hi all, tested the 5 and 6 dot in the wind yesterday. Man it was windy! Anyway, I need to do more testing. I was hitting the 5 dot better than the 6. The 6 is pretty stiff but I did hit some decent shots with it. IMG_4086.jpeg.04939a034265931cba3e9b3d8c841402.jpeg

Most of the time the wind was across the hole, not with or into the hole so I couldn’t tell how much the shaft was affecting the shot. Newton just so happened to reach out to me yesterday afternoon after my round, how convenient!!! They are resending the 4 dot out to me again, with a midsize grip this time. They put midsize grips on the 5 and 6 dot shafts. IMG_4081.jpeg.3184e3b4db7755765cfed82f7938a6ab.jpegIMG_4079.jpeg.cbd536d9d3756274716a137ac68300bc.jpegIMG_4078.jpeg.f021f3266b488e5c1909309833c87a4e.jpeg

Long story short, more to come but I’m excited that they are letting me retry the 4 dot in a midsize grip. Will let you all know when I am on the course again!

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

4 hours ago, GAS JR said:

My first impression is that the 5-dot Newton Motion shaft may be the one for you. The only thing that makes me question this is that you say that you are a “smooth swinger”.  However, the Newton shaft tends to be a high spin generator, and if you want to cut the backspin a bit, the stiffer 5-dot may be just be the ticket for you.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Erin B said:

Hi all, tested the 5 and 6 dot in the wind yesterday. Man it was windy! Anyway, I need to do more testing. I was hitting the 5 dot better than the 6. The 6 is pretty stiff but I did hit some decent shots with it. IMG_4086.jpeg.04939a034265931cba3e9b3d8c841402.jpeg

Most of the time the wind was across the hole, not with or into the hole so I couldn’t tell how much the shaft was affecting the shot. Newton just so happened to reach out to me yesterday afternoon after my round, how convenient!!! They are resending the 4 dot out to me again, with a midsize grip this time. They put midsize grips on the 5 and 6 dot shafts. IMG_4081.jpeg.3184e3b4db7755765cfed82f7938a6ab.jpegIMG_4079.jpeg.cbd536d9d3756274716a137ac68300bc.jpegIMG_4078.jpeg.f021f3266b488e5c1909309833c87a4e.jpeg

Long story short, more to come but I’m excited that they are letting me retry the 4 dot in a midsize grip. Will let you all know when I am on the course again!

They are definitely working with you to get the right shaft.

57 minutes ago, Javs said:

They are definitely working with you to get the right shaft.

Yes, and the fact that they know about our informal testing we’re doing here, I think they appreciate this. Yet another reason to be a MGS member.

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

Thoughts from those who have tried this shaft.  I'm a 67 year old male and average 220-225 yards and just checked my swing speed which averaged 87 mph.  I currently play a Ping G430 max with a stock Alta CB regular flex shaft.  I've tried "senior flex" shafts but my left and right dispersion goes up.

Since I am in that could go 2 dot or could go 3 dot range I was looking for recommendations from real world experience.  Not getting any younger and leaning towards 2 dots but didn't want to go hitting ball all over the place left and right.

7 minutes ago, Ken C said:

Thoughts from those who have tried this shaft.  I'm a 67 year old male and average 220-225 yards and just checked my swing speed which averaged 87 mph.  I currently play a Ping G430 max with a stock Alta CB regular flex shaft.  I've tried "senior flex" shafts but my left and right dispersion goes up.

Since I am in that could go 2 dot or could go 3 dot range I was looking for recommendations from real world experience.  Not getting any younger and leaning towards 2 dots but didn't want to go hitting ball all over the place left and right.

I would suspect both of you would be in the 3 dot range. Newton is sending me the 4 dot with a midsize grip to try again, but in the sim I really had to slow my swing down to 90mph to make it go straight. I didn’t get to try it on the course because of snow. I sent it back, but they want me to try it again now that the snow is gone. So I’ll end up having the 6, 5, and the 4 dot shafts at one time here. I did hit the 5 good, 6 not great, but good on the course on Friday. I’ll update as I go. If you ask them, they may send you a couple of shafts. Their customer service is great! Happy Birdie Hunting!

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

22 hours ago, Mike in Sarasota said:

Has anyone out there had experience with the three (3) dot shaft?  I’m 73 and don’t have the speed anymore to hit the 5 - 6 dot that everyone is talking about.  Testing on launch monitors says I’m not ready for a senior flex so 3 or 4 dot looks right.

thanks…..

37 minutes ago, Ken C said:

My honest suggestion would be give them a call and talk to Angelo. Give him as much info (SS, shaft currently used, etc) and let him suggest which one. The customer service has been phenomenal and as you have seen all of us post, they want to make sure you get the right one at the end of the day. 

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

My honest suggestion would be give them a call and talk to Angelo. Give him as much info (SS, shaft currently used, etc) and let him suggest which one. The customer service has been phenomenal and as you have seen all of us post, they want to make sure you get the right one at the end of the day. 

I am computer illiterate, how do you put multiple quotes together in one post? I copied one and pasted it in the quoted other. I didn't like the way that worked. 

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

20 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I am computer illiterate, how do you put multiple quotes together in one post? I copied one and pasted it in the quoted other. I didn't like the way that worked. 

Hit the plus "+" sign instead of quote and then there will be a box at the bottom when you write your comment. It will drop then in the box. 

Screenshot_20240226_081230_Chrome.jpg.8de046b789a7dc8e110c998bb57025c7.jpg