Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I hate to say it but why didn't you move up a set of tees?  I've given up on trying to keep up with kids.  I'm over 55, even the FLGA recommends between 6,200-6,400 for its senior championships and for that matter our local pga pros (not tour types, teaching, club pro types) do their qualifying at around 6,200.  Why in the world would I want to play at 6,900?  Why would you RR?  I saw that distance and thought, "Glad it's not me, I'd be wearing my 3 wood out."  I guess it normally goes a little farther in Texas than here but not that much and it's been wet so that's probably an offset.  It's okay to admit that there are younger and stronger (golf wise) guys out there.  Let them have their day, I had mine.  Put me on the proper set of tees and I'm more than competitive.  I can compete with them from their tees too it's just not fun and golf is meant to be fun.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I guess if I am going to brag about shooting a 70 taking 1/2 and 3/4 swings I should also tell what happened today.  In short, nothing was as crisp as Tuesday.  The distance control I had Tuesday, and to some extent last weekend was not there.  The putting I had Tuesday became lip outs and burned edges, and the 3/4 drives that were 240 down the middle were 220 and not in the fairway. 

The only approach shot I managed to get hole high missed the green entirely and hit the cart path leaving me an impossible chip from the 16th tee box over a couple of hills and a freaking road.  Still, I did hit a spectacular shot and was 6 inches from trickling on the green and rolling within a foot of the hole.  I then chipped and it nearly went in and I made bogey.  Which turns out to be my best played hole because a 6 was really easy to get from there.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I hate to say it but why didn't you move up a set of tees?  I've given up on trying to keep up with kids.  I'm over 55, even the FLGA recommends between 6,200-6,400 for its senior championships and for that matter our local pga pros (not tour types, teaching, club pro types) do their qualifying at around 6,200.  Why in the world would I want to play at 6,900?  Why would you RR?  I saw that distance and thought, "Glad it's not me, I'd be wearing my 3 wood out."

Under normal conditions, warm and dry, this course is not too much for me, but cold and wet, in addition to the ball not flying and rolling as far, but I simply do not hit the ball as far.  Weather effects my play perhaps more than most and certainly more than it did 25 years ago.

This was a bit of a quirky course in that even moving up to the 3rd set of tees there was still several par 4's over 400 yards and seems like a par 5 that was shorter than 2 of the par 4's.  One hole was 470 from the back 459 from the next tees and 440 from the next.  So moving up really did not make tons of difference.  Bottom line is I over swung when I knew my back was not up to it.  I had a plan for this, but I did not stick with it, and after I saw Plan A did not work, I came up with Plan B and did not stick to it.  I simply tried to hit the ball as hard as I could, and we all know how well that really works out.  Haha

Played yesterday in the wind and cold on a pretty tough course that is wide open to the wind. the greens were dried out due to the wind but putted smooth as a pool table. these greens are always fast but were extremely difficult due to the wind moving the ball when putting. they definetly would not hold a mid iron shot. The 9th hole which is a tough par 5 the wind was blowing so hard that it knocked my ball off the tee 3 times before I could tee off. I shot 42 40- 82 and felt extremely lucky to do so. I had a good ball striking day for me but had problems hitting and holding greens due to the wind. There is a lot of water and hazards on the course but I never hit the water. played the same ball for all 18 holes. I was pleased with my performance overall though. To let you know how tough this course is they play US Open sectional qualifiers here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Beautiful day today, low 70s, little wind.  Shot a 39/45=84 on the course that is used as one of the qualifiers for the US Open sectionals.  10 Fairways, 5 GIR, 28 putts.  Averaging 85 over last four rounds.  Have to admit, after the front nine 39 and a par on 10, I got a bit out my comfort zone, thinking career round.  Frankenwood still worked on the back nine but irons and chipping sort of suffered after that point.  Struggled in with only one more par and two doubles over the last 8 holes.  Blew two great chances at par on the last two holes with a bad putt and a chunked chip.  Still, never unhappy with an 84 at my level.   

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Decent round today (77).

SLDR performed admirably, with the exception of #16. New super stroke was great for lag putts. Now if I could just learn how to read a green.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I had an outstanding week playing golf.  I played 3 full rounds and shot a 70, 75, & 74.  I had a hole in one, at least two eagles and several birdies.  I also had some double bogies but they were offset by an ace and an eagle,  An awesome week.

I had an outstanding week playing golf.  I played 3 full rounds and shot a 70, 75, & 74.  I had a hole in one, at least two eagles and several birdies.  I also had some double bogies but they were offset by an ace and an eagle,  An awesome week.

Ha, that would be a great month for me!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

After a 6 day Caribbean Cruise with my wife, I shot a 41/44=85 yesterday at Pebble Creek GC in Tampa. Not bad after a week of nothing but eating, drinking & cruising.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

After a 6 day Caribbean Cruise with my wife, I shot a 41/44=85 yesterday at Pebble Creek GC in Tampa. Not bad after a week of nothing but eating, drinking & cruising.

Nice - I have to come over and play that one with you sometime. My league starts three weeks from today. Can't wait to get back into playing competitively again.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the SLDR working for me. Averaged 304, with a long of 342 today. Never missed a fairway.

But boy, does my short game suck!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I know this discussion is mostly about actual golf but I wanted to share my round of simulator golf. I hope no one minds.

Played Red Rock and shot 4 over. I was 6 over after the first nine and shot 2 under on the back. Too bad I have not figure out how to do anything close to this in real golf yet.

Having trouble maintaining good starts lately. I'll be +2 or so after six holes, then BAM!, and I'll go double-double or double-triple, and everything will be left. Then it takes another six holes or so to get things back on track. This is giving me fits.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

How does something like this happen?  Shot a front-nine 44 that could have been 3 strokes better if three putts that grazed the hole had dropped.  Ball striking solid, 6 of 7 fairways hit.  Hole 10, medium length hole, pulled out the tour spoon 'cause of sand traps long, but playing partner said, go with the driver, plenty of room.  Silly me grabs the driver and hits the best drive of the day into the furthest sand trap.  Still, only 85 to the hole.  Hit a perfect 3/4 gap wedge out of the bunker, I'm thinking birdie as it heads to the green--and flies the green by 10 yds!  Still, salvaged a bogie.  Then, next three holes, notwithstanding drives long in the fairway on the two driving holes, all of a sudden couldn't hit an iron to save my life.  Chopped my way to a double, double, triple.  Next four holes, solved the irons, three fairways hit on the driving holes and four GIRs in a row--but all of a sudden yips or something, 3 putt, 3 putt, 4 putt and 3 putt and longest putt was maybe 25 feet.  And the putts weren't even close!  Then, last hole, very difficult driving hole, driver center of the fairway, 8 iron to layup, left with 80 to the hole, and chunk, chunk, chunk my way to another triple.  52 on the back.  A 96 with 12 out of 14 fairways hit (two misses were long and straight that caught bunkers), 8 GIRS.  Aaaaargh.  I counted 15 strokes due to poor putting and uncharacteristic bad shots with scoring clubs.  BTW--all that with only 1 penalty stroke.   How could one club be so good and the others taking turns with being so very, very bad???

How does something like this happen?  Shot a front-nine 44 that could have been 3 strokes better if three putts that grazed the hole had dropped.  Ball striking solid, 6 of 7 fairways hit.  Hole 10, medium length hole, pulled out the tour spoon 'cause of sand traps long, but playing partner said, go with the driver, plenty of room.  Silly me grabs the driver and hits the best drive of the day into the furthest sand trap.  Still, only 85 to the hole.  Hit a perfect 3/4 gap wedge out of the bunker, I'm thinking birdie as it heads to the green--and flies the green by 10 yds!  Still, salvaged a bogie.  Then, next three holes, notwithstanding drives long in the fairway on the two driving holes, all of a sudden couldn't hit an iron to save my life.  Chopped my way to a double, double, triple.  Next four holes, solved the irons, three fairways hit on the driving holes and four GIRs in a row--but all of a sudden yips or something, 3 putt, 3 putt, 4 putt and 3 putt and longest putt was maybe 25 feet.  And the putts weren't even close!  Then, last hole, very difficult driving hole, driver center of the fairway, 8 iron to layup, left with 80 to the hole, and chunk, chunk, chunk my way to another triple.  52 on the back.  A 96 with 12 out of 14 fairways hit (two misses were long and straight that caught bunkers), 8 GIRS.  Aaaaargh.  I counted 15 strokes due to poor putting and uncharacteristic bad shots with scoring clubs.  BTW--all that with only 1 penalty stroke.   How could one club be so good and the others taking turns with being so very, very bad???

I feel your pain. In my case I think it's a lack of focus or concentration that creeps into my game. But I can definitely relate.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Finally was able to book my first tee time of the year for Saturday morning at 7 AM......so I assume that it will either snow or a monsoon will move through eastern long island.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I feel your pain. In my case I think it's a lack of focus or concentration that creeps into my game. But I can definitely relate.

Talked to one of my playing partners today.  He said it looked like I had started moving my head side to side in my chips and putts.  Could be, that's one of my bad habits I fall into from time to time.  Asked him, however, "if ya noticed it, why the @@@@ didn't you say something during the round???"

Talked to one of my playing partners today. He said it looked like I had started moving my head side to side in my chips and putts. Could be, that's one of my bad habits I fall into from time to time. Asked him, however, "if ya noticed it, why the @@@@ didn't you say something during the round???"

Oh, and your fly was down all day too.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Opening day at my club. Old student of mine and my buddy are new pro/asst pro respectively. 39*, rain and 8 weeks removed from surgery. Shot 41 from where they had the white tees (moved up due to wetness of course). I'm at least 2.5 clubs shorter now but that will come with time. Sooooooo happy to be out playing again. RP...the Kombi is the truth #FACTS

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Today I only had two bogies! Now the rest of the story....

I shot an 82 inspite a new swing change I'm comitted to. It ain't easy. Anyway... my round was in 20-25 mph gusty winds. I also had 6 double bogies, 8 pars, 2 birdies and 1 OB. Two chip in's along the way too. Using my new SLDR for the second time I hit 11 of 14 fairways. My GIR is horrible with only 6 today. 30 puts including two 3 putts. What a day.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

First day of semi-annual two day tourney.......35 players.....shot a 46/44=90 and am tied fir 5th pace......it's a points fame, so we have points from 9 to 35 playing......bio cells striking well, getting new bio cell driver tuned in. Wish me luck tomorrow.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Got out Saturday morning for the first round of the year.  Topped my tee ball on the first tee.....and it got better from there.  Hit the driver well, irons solid, short game so so, and putting was okay.  Ended up with 40-36 76 for the day and very happy with even par on the back considering the wind kicked up to a sustained 20+ MPH.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

41/35

Gotta get rid of those blow up holes.

Can't blame it on the driver or putter. Kept it together on the back though. All 3 explosions happened from the middle of the fairway with a short iron in my hand.

Just a lack of concentration.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I think I was left handed for the day. 

Got caught outside my comfort zone and had opportunities to tie 1&2, Win 3,4,5,6,& 7.  I went down hill from there.  And pissed away all opportunities to win, until I was so far down all I was doing was not loosing more than I could pay.

Played world woods yesterday, Rolling Oaks.

38,37 75

My game is rounding into form. The extra distance with the SLDR is huge for me, a game restorer really. Third time playing with it and each time I've hit a shot where my playing partners have said, look at that kick. Now if I can get my 3 wood to behave.....

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got out for a round before work this morning and could not be more pleased with where my game is at early in the season. Played a local course near my house and shot 38-33 for a one under 71. On a whim I picked up a Razrfit Xtreme with and 'ilima and this thing is a fairway finding machine. Capped my round with a 50 footer for birdie that was quite a nice gift from the golf Gods.

WITB 2024