How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Finally a round of golf without high wind, rain or locusts. Also had decent greens for a change. This all translated to 67 which was 5 under. Drove it well, hit the irons well and putted lights out with 27 putts for the round. Nice to see the work payoff and show I can still put up a number on occasion. Fun day overall with some good company and a very stress free round overall. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Finally a round of golf without high wind, rain or locusts. Also had decent greens for a change. This all translated to 67 which was 5 under. Drove it well, hit the irons well and putted lights out with 27 putts for the round. Nice to see the work payoff and show I can still put up a number on occasion. Fun day overall with some good company and a very stress free round overall. 

Great round!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Nice round! One can only dream...🥴

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

7 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

putted lights out with 27 putts

Wow great round and great to see that about the putting!!! 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Played a round today and had some good shots and not so good shots. Going thru my swing change, I expect to have some bad shots and results. 

I'm still minimizing the damage and trying to keep out of my head.  Seeing progress but man o man is it frustrating at times. Haha. 

Keep grinding and it will pay off!

Are you gaming the Toura’s you put together?

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

@Corentin Vadillo. This is a great thread to post your golf days.  We love to see those golf posts and pics!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

7 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Are you gaming the Toura’s you put together?

I have played a few rounds with them but working on this swing change have primarily stuck with the gamers. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@Corentin Vadillo. This is a great thread to post your golf days.  We love to see those golf posts and pics!

Awesome, thank you @Rob Person. I’ll definitely post my games feedback and results here. 

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 88 | Trackman Handicap 5.5
🌍 Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) | Green Pearl Golf, Moorea, French Polynesia 
🏌️Clubs:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (4i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft
  • Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (54º & 58º) - True Temper Dynamic Golf S200 stiff shaft
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro

🎯 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! ⛳

7 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

Yesterday I got the chance to play Warren Golf Course at the University of Notre Dame. I'm a proud ND alum (Go Irish!) and it's always a treat when I get a chance to go back and visit.

My wife and I were at ND a few years back for the wedding of a friend's son - who was able to hold it in the main chapel. 

And yeah we .. tried! .. to play their course - what I recall most is losing a large number of golf balls in all kinds of places..! 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Quick nine holes today. I’ve been feeling good about my practice and looked forward to testing it on the course (and getting in another testing round for the Offical Review of the Edel Array).

It was a good round - I was excellent off the tee, hitting every fairway except one (I was still in a fairway with a good look). I felt like I hit my irons pretty well, which is normally my weak point. My stats do not agree, but I think that is mostly from two holes, where I forgot how to hit my five iron. Short game was good. 

Hole of the day was the par 3 eighth, 105 to center, flag short sided, into the wind. I hit the front of the green and made this putt for birdie:

IMG_3522.jpeg.1833831682c6ec6bcad693f3054dcbfc.jpeg

Although approach still stinks:

IMG_3523.jpeg.ef1399ecc77dc18eb3876b72989e2ce2.jpeg

Things are trending in the right direction.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

Weather was nice a little breezy but temps were in the 80s.     It was an interesting round; Hit the ball well off the tee with 11 out  of 14 fairways and the others were still playable.  Basically no problems off the tee.   Only hit 6 greens but felt like I hit my irons really well.  Most of my greens missed were long;  the ball hit the green but I wasn't able to get it to stop.  On the back I started aiming more for the fronts of greens and just let the balls release.    Short game was a disaster chucks or couldn't get the ball close enough to one putt other than the few times I was able to use the putter from off the green.   

I need to figure out how to take the short game shots from the practice range to the course.  Maybe it is just a lack of focus on the course

11 FW,  6 GIR, 33 Putts    42/39: 81

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Weather was nice a little breezy but temps were in the 80s.     It was an interesting round; Hit the ball well off the tee with 11 out  of 14 fairways and the others were still playable.  Basically no problems off the tee.   Only hit 6 greens but felt like I hit my irons really well.  Most of my greens missed were long;  the ball hit the green but I wasn't able to get it to stop.  On the back I started aiming more for the fronts of greens and just let the balls release.    Short game was a disaster chucks or couldn't get the ball close enough to one putt other than the few times I was able to use the putter from off the green.   

I need to figure out how to take the short game shots from the practice range to the course.  Maybe it is just a lack of focus on the course

11 FW,  6 GIR, 33 Putts    42/39: 81

I had a similar experience with the greens today.  They were hard and wouldn't leave a pitch mark no matter how high my approach was.  Seemed like the ball flew far and had to make some adjustments.  My short game is always a little rusty when starting back in the season, Maybe next round everything will click for you.

Driver: Callaway Epic

Irons: 4-PW Callaway Apex 

Wedges: 1 Vokey in 52, 1 Callaway in 60, and a Callaway in 56

Putter:  All over the place, Titleist SC Circa 62 model 3 mostly in the bag.

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Played with @DiscipleofPenick at Windmill Lakes yesterday.

Shot a disappointing 93 but there glimmers of hope.

I think with a bit of work the new driver is going to be a monster. I have to work out my tee height because I was struggling with it. Also, hit some shots long, like quite a bit longer than my normal length for that club.

Shot of the day was the 290 yard drive down the throat of #10.

I ended up with a solid day shooting an 82 (43-39). There were a few rough holes with a triple on #3 and back to back doubles on #9 & #10. Basically those were the holes where my driver went haywire. Irons were not great until #12 and I figured out what I was doing wrong, I striped them for the last 6 holes. Short game was the highlight as usual as that saved me a bunch of pars.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, sschristie said:

We got rained out at Arcadia Bluffs on Sunday but played the South Course on Saturday. No rain, but 40 mph winds made for a challenging round. I went 51/48 and was really happy with my round other than one par 5 I blew up on. arcadia5.jpg.58394c5f301defcfe1a68b5b847917ba.jpg

Despite the wind I loved every minute of that round. The course was in good shape for early season, and with the heather cut down I lost no balls in the thick grass. If I were to play it again without the wind, I would make better club choices - the fairway bunkers ate my ball a few times, so a 3 wood or hybrid off the tee would have saved a few strokes. My plan was to keep the ball low out of the wind, but generally I was never in position to run the ball up due to the wind. The greens were challenging - fast with false fronts and corners that sloped into sand, and on a few occasions I had to run up and mark my ball so the wind didn't push it off the green.arcadia3.jpg.3d5c88346525a1276d60a89823b0140e.jpg

arcadia2.jpg.71dc5bdbd7f70525e39ed82e8e5beb5f.jpg

arcadia 4.jpg

arcadia.jpg

I know Bluffs is the course everyone raves about, but the South course is the one I really want to play.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 4/25/2024 at 6:37 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I haven’t been posting as much lately, because it seems repetitive to come in every day and say basically the same thing, oh, I shot a 77 today and made some great shots, blah blah blah…

Fair point, but everyone here actually cares how you played! I'm like a 18-20 Index and I need this forum to see/hear about the single digit handicaps posting their struggles off the tee one day or talking about a chunked chip after a piping a drive. There's also the aspirational part of it too, you see guys talking about how they dropped their handicap by 10 strokes in a season and it gives us duffers hope. 

The point is, keep posting man, it's all good.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

4 hours ago, Stuka44 said:

Never had anyone behind us, and had entire back nine to ourselves. 

Always a glorious day when that happens. A couple of weeks I had the front 9 at my home course to myself after they had punched the greens.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto