Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TEMU/Amazon Balls-PGM Brand ?

PGM’s 2 and 3 piece balls pop up on TEMU and Amazon.  

1.  Anyone know if they are USGA approved?(looking up on USGA site requires Ph D in computer science)

2.  Balls legit or Putt Putt quality?

IMG_4757.jpeg

Edited by Fritz12

Can shoot 71 as easy as I can shoot 81.  Love the game but feel priced out by rising cost of golf equipment AND greens fees.  Looking to start playing competitive again but also enjoy rounds with friends.  

2 minutes ago, Fritz12 said:

PGM’s 2 and 3 piece balls pop up on TEMU and Amazon.  

1.  Anyone know if they are USGA approved?(looking up on USGA site requires Ph D in computer science)

2.  Balls legit or Putt Putt quality?

IMG_4757.jpeg

I have seen these reviewed on YouTube by the likes of James Robinson which you should look at before buying. Just look at his Playlists and there is one called Talking Balls and the Temu review is number 64 in that list. He tested them both on course and in the studio and gives his honest feedback on whether they re worth it or not.

Personally I think Temu/Aliexpress are great for cheap items like headcovers or training aids which are usually a massive discount on the branded price but I am not sure I would trust it for golf clubs, shafts or balls. Gary Martin has also done a lot of reviews on Temu/Aliexpress products and that is worth a watch as well if you have time.

Driver:  Callaway Paradym X 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0

5W: TM Stealth 2 HD Speeder NX Red Stiff

7W: PXG 0211 Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

Irons:  Takomo 101s 5-PW KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 52/56/60 DG115 Wedge Flex

Putter: Lab Golf Link 1

Ball:   TP5

Tech: Flightscope Mevo+, Shotscope V3, DeWiz

Temu is pretty janky knock off stuff. This would be incredibly surprising if the USGA even knows about the existence of this ball, let alone being conforming.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Sent an email to USGA to see if ball was in conforming list…it is not BUT it could be used in competition.

Per USGA a ball NOT on the list CAN be played unless MLR G-3 is in effect.  If that local rules is NOT in place the assumption is the ball being played does conform unless proven otherwise.  

Per PGM listing on Amazon the ball is built to USGA specs for size, weight and symmetry.  

IMG_4760.png

IMG_4758.jpeg

Can shoot 71 as easy as I can shoot 81.  Love the game but feel priced out by rising cost of golf equipment AND greens fees.  Looking to start playing competitive again but also enjoy rounds with friends.  

Interesting - I have got a few smaller things from there and tried to order I think it was the PGM umbrella but it got stopped and cancelled for one reason or another. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Interesting - I have got a few smaller things from there and tried to order I think it was the PGM umbrella but it got stopped and cancelled for one reason or another. 

Larger items for some reason seem to do that unless you pay for the expedited shipping. (Which negates the cost over ordering from amazon)

PGM is actually a pretty hefty manufacturer of golf products. There clubs fall more in line with the lower end bag set type stuff you can buy from big box stores. Also, their pricing on playable equipment also follows market pricing ups and downs. 

I've not used the balls from them, as after cost, I may as well go buy the clearance balls at wm, rbg, gg, etc. I've watched the reviews, and to me they fall in line with the prior generation pinnacle, snake eyes, top flite, etc. For a new golfer not worrying about losing balls, these are good beginner option though. As is most of their equipment.   The PGM training aids also are mostly direct knock offs of major brands, but fraction of the price.  I have 3 PGM aids.  A grip clip that goes over the club for hand positioning, the swing stick, ( I call it a whiff stick) which is an oversized shaft with a grip at each end, and an arm position alignment thing, which broke after 3 uses.

The thing about temu (which I have an ongoing thread about) is that anything related to feet, hands, or height, is a 50/50 shot in the dark. Most of their products are designed around either a woman's sized part, or really short men.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.