Ready to upgrade my shoes, but what brand

I'm currently wearing a pair of spike less New Balance (came with spikes but took them out).. Everyone says shoes make a world of difference so I'm wanting to get opinions on what shoes I should try next..I wear a 15D so options are kinda limited 

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

I was going to recommend SQAIRZ, but quick check and 14 is their biggest that I saw. 

I have always had good luck with FootJoy, but when it comes to width New Balance seems to be the go to option. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I was going to recommend SQAIRZ, but quick check and 14 is their biggest that I saw. 

I have always had good luck with FootJoy, but when it comes to width New Balance seems to be the go to option. 

The New Balance have been ok.. The fit is great but I feel other brands can out perform them and my feet always are killing me after a round 

3 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

The New Balance have been ok.. The fit is great but I feel other brands can out perform them and my feet always are killing me after a round 

Have you tried other models within New Balance?

Ecco may be another good brand to look at, Sketchers are also well known for comfort. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Have you tried other models within New Balance?

Ecco may be another good brand to look at, Sketchers are also well known for comfort. 

Skechers are a good idea..I know they make a 15 too bc I own a pair of the slip in everyday type sneakers

1 hour ago, Bubba1985 said:

Skechers are a good idea..I know they make a 15 too bc I own a pair of the slip in everyday type sneakers

Fingers crossed and be sure to let us know how you make out!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

FootJoy 

Has been my go-to shoe since their inception years ago. I always have multiple pairs, in a variety of colors.  I'm a classic shoe guy all the way 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

15 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

FootJoy 

Has been my go-to shoe since their inception years ago. I always have multiple pairs, in a variety of colors.  I'm a classic shoe guy all the way 

A buddy of mine swears by them, just didn't know about the comfort

Just now, Bubba1985 said:

They have gotten a lot better over the years.  I'll admit, the classics of yesteryear were heavy & felt like bricks on your feet towards the end of the round.  But the 2 year waterproof guarantee is one of the best selling points if you ask me.  I've only had to send back 2 pairs & they have replaced them each time.  They have great customer service as well 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I now have 3 pairs of Footjoy Traditions, I love them.  I have always felt that Footjoy shoes fit my feet well, where other brands just don't.  The Traditions have spikes, which I prefer, I hate to wear out the soles when the uppers are still in good shape.  They're guaranteed waterproof for a year, and mine are still good after nearly two years.  The sole is pretty lightweight, certainly compared to more traditional construction.  And they do come in size 15.

In my experience, shoes are pretty much individualistic.  They're built on a mold, called a "last", and if the mold isn't shaped like your feet, the shoes won't feel good on your feet, even if they're the right size.  Like I said, Footjoy has fit my feet pretty well over a lot of years, but they might not fit yours.  Good luck finding the right shoe!

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

32 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I now have 3 pairs of Footjoy Traditions, I love them.  I have always felt that Footjoy shoes fit my feet well, where other brands just don't.  The Traditions have spikes, which I prefer, I hate to wear out the soles when the uppers are still in good shape.  They're guaranteed waterproof for a year, and mine are still good after nearly two years.  The sole is pretty lightweight, certainly compared to more traditional construction.  And they do come in size 15.

In my experience, shoes are pretty much individualistic.  They're built on a mold, called a "last", and if the mold isn't shaped like your feet, the shoes won't feel good on your feet, even if they're the right size.  Like I said, Footjoy has fit my feet pretty well over a lot of years, but they might not fit yours.  Good luck finding the right shoe!

I agree..shoes feel different to everybody, and it's hard to pick a pair off the internet and just hope bc of the price of them now a days, but even when I try a pair on that feel good, they might have a completely different feel on the course..I am pretty excited about the Skechers go fit shoe though..think that's the route I'm going to take

1 hour ago, Bubba1985 said:

I have a pair, have wide feet, and I love them. I also got a screaming deal ($45 with shipping) 2 months ago on a pair of Adidas S2G spikeless golf shoes and they are available in size 15. The Adidas do run a little bit narrow though.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

I have to have wide shoes as well. It took forever but I ended up getting the Puma Ignite and it's amazing for my feet. Most comfortable pair I've had!! I don't have to put m orthopedic insoles in them either! Game changer! Hope you find something.  Shoes do make a difference! 

I played Adidas for years because of boost soles. Extremely comfortable and stable. However, I recently purchased a pair of Ecco Biom C4, amazing comfort and traction. Seriously, at times I have forgotten that I was even wearing golf cleats. Highly recommend. 

IMG_1773.png

Edited by arodrig29
Grammar correction

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

The first question would be what are you using them for? Are you a walker, half time walker / half time cart rider, or a full time cart rider?  If you are walking, do you shoulder your clubs or do you have a push cart. The reason I ask, is as you well know not all shoes are made the same quality, just because they say for golf, doesn't mean they can handle the same stress load.  I have always worn Footjoy and my feet feel good after a round but I'm a half/half. It depends on the course and who I'm playing with.  Sketcher makes some comfortable shoes and I have heard their golf shoes are good, I'd be worried about the longevity. I'm guessing with a size 15 you're a bigger guy and both my sketcher and NB shoes only last me 6 to 8 months, I'm curious about the golf shoes. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym 
Irons: Callaway Paradym
Putter: Odyssey White Steel Tri-Ball SRT Putter (AKA The Space Station)
Bag: Sun Mountain Cart Bag 
Ball of Choice: Callaway Supersoft but always up to try something

I ordered a pair of Footjoys. The fit was nice but I found the shoes to be heavy. I can imagine my legs being tired at the end of the round. I went to PGA Superstore and tried New Balance and Ecco. I purchased the Ecco’s. The Ecco’s felt like the Brooks running shoes I was wearing. Ecco’s were less expensive than the Footjoy’s which I will be returning. Ecco’s have a lifetime water warranty. 

QI10 Max TaylorMade driver

16.5 Titleist GT2 

5 wood Titleist TSR1 18 degree

hybrid 4 QI10 TaylorMade 

Irons 6–Pitching Wedge Mizuno JPX223 

Sand Wedge Vokey 9 

Odyssey AI #7 CH 

On 4/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, golfinnut said:

They have gotten a lot better over the years.  I'll admit, the classics of yesteryear were heavy & felt like bricks on your feet towards the end of the round.  But the 2 year waterproof guarantee is one of the best selling points if you ask me.  I've only had to send back 2 pairs & they have replaced them each time.  They have great customer service as well 

I’ve also had easy experiences with their customer service for replacement.  One time the leather on the tor started cracking right around the two year mark and the replaced the shoes.  I’m not a brand loyal golfer, except for footwear.  

Joshua Peterson

On 4/5/2024 at 9:30 AM, Ed the FD said:

The first question would be what are you using them for? Are you a walker, half time walker / half time cart rider, or a full time cart rider?  If you are walking, do you shoulder your clubs or do you have a push cart. The reason I ask, is as you well know not all shoes are made the same quality, just because they say for golf, doesn't mean they can handle the same stress load.  I have always worn Footjoy and my feet feel good after a round but I'm a half/half. It depends on the course and who I'm playing with.  Sketcher makes some comfortable shoes and I have heard their golf shoes are good, I'd be worried about the longevity. I'm guessing with a size 15 you're a bigger guy and both my sketcher and NB shoes only last me 6 to 8 months, I'm curious about the golf shoes. 

I am a big guy, 6'5" 330lbs.. The NB I currently own have held up extremely well, so I have to give credit where credit is due..I guess I'm a half and half guy.. if I'm tired from work I will get a cart, if I feel good I will walk.. Depends on the day I'm having

As someone else said I’m a foot joy kind of person but for wider feet new balance are also very comfy

Taylor made M1 440CC 9.5 
Callaway GBB Epic +13.5

Callaway X Forged UT 21
New Level 623CB 4-9

New Level spn forged 48,52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

Lots of good recommendations already, but just wanted to share that after years of wearing footjoys, I’ve now been converted to gfore shoes. A bit pricey, but man are they comfy specially if you walk the course. MG4+ is my current gamer shoe, but I’ll soon switch to the G 112. Both are super comfortable I just like the style of the G 112. IMG_4573.jpeg.2b3bc80696f8269d7bacc411f0b59b7f.jpegIMG_5509.jpeg.ef54285b8e5e2ee4ef842e380dd7c232.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Xanderblitz said:

Lots of good recommendations already, but just wanted to share that after years of wearing footjoys, I’ve now been converted to gfore shoes. A bit pricey, but man are they comfy specially if you walk the course. MG4+ is my current gamer shoe, but I’ll soon switch to the G 112. Both are super comfortable I just like the style of the G 112. IMG_4573.jpeg.2b3bc80696f8269d7bacc411f0b59b7f.jpegIMG_5509.jpeg.ef54285b8e5e2ee4ef842e380dd7c232.jpeg

Great looking shoe!

Last year I decided to go with FootJoy.

Now I own and rotate wearing 3 pairs.

Extremely comfortable, so much so that the reason I have 3 pairs, is that I made one pair my daily shoe for non-golf even.

Shoe selection for all are available from very golf forward, to casual, to even an office type of shoe. Really nice range of styles and colors, without getting too extreme in the colorways and unique designs for every offering.

The arch support is the perfect height to keep your dawgs from barking after an all day wear. I wear these for the office, mild hikes, inclement weather for the solid waterproofing, and of course golf.

The only single and minor "con", is that extremely smooth flooring when wet, will be slippery with spikeless, but what shoe designed this way isn't? Also, please do not wear these on ice, you can probably guess why not, but I found out in a hilarious fashion at a cabin in Big Bear, CA. this winter.

A huge deciding factor for me, if you swap to your "normal" shoe after a round of golf, you will immediately want to go back to the FootJoys.

Cheers.

Edited by Al_Mack

Cheers.

Try Ecco

Extremely comfortable, and pretty durable.  They have sizes up to 17.  (Still to small for Shaq)

If you go to their web site and sign up for their mailing list you get an email every week or so BUT along with that they have regular sales, and sales on top of already discounted prices every 3-4 months.   I've been doing this for 3-4 years and typically pay $80-100 for their mid range shoes (listing at 150-200 or so)   I recently got 2 more pair for $170.   Absolutely cannot beat their prices using their internet sales.

I bought a couple pair almost 3 years ago, one pair finally died but the other still wears well and maintains its waterproofness (it has a Gortex liner).  I just finished a round in steady rain and my feet remained dry throughout.  Not bad after 100 plus rounds in them.  Most of their options are leather (yak) with various types of waterproof methods

I typically order a few options, see how they fit at home then return the lesser favorite(s) or ones that don't fit perfect.   You can also return by dropping off at your local Ecco store.  As will all brands some models fit better than others.

Anyone have experience with the Nobull shoes?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Hey Bubba

I bought a pair of Under Armour Hovr spikes last year. I'm playing 3 - 4 times a week & love them. Very comfy, no sore feet afterwards.  And I've played through an Australian Spring, Summer & now into Autumn with harder grounds. Tried spikeless,  didn't like them at all

Good luck

WITB.

Tour Edge e723 irons, 4-SW, c523 Driver

TaylorMade Sim 3 wood, 

Cobra King Vintage Stingray 2.0 Putter

I was given a pair of True shoes (All Day Knit 2) and must say they are incredibly comfortable. If I'm playing a course that I don't need the spikes, I'll use them. Absolutely the best spikeless shoes I've used. They're perfect for warm weather. With the "Trueknit" upper you gain breathability, however, you don't get much for water intrusion. They do offer waterproof on some of their other models. 

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 LS 9.5, Graphite Design Tour AD VF-6X
Woods: TaylorMade QI10 Tour 3 Wood
Irons: Taylormade QI 4 iron; Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal 5-9, PW
Wedges: Vokey SM9: 46-10F, 50-12F, SM10: 56-10S, 60-8M
Putter: TaylorMade MyTP Juno 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:22 AM, Bubba1985 said:

I'm currently wearing a pair of spike less New Balance (came with spikes but took them out).. Everyone says shoes make a world of difference so I'm wanting to get opinions on what shoes I should try next..I wear a 15D so options are kinda limited 

I have owned shoes from multiple, and today I am rotating between FootJoy, Sketchers and UnderAmour. I have 2 sets of FJ's, one I don't like that much as my feet hurt after the round, I have a new set of spiked HyperFlex (also in Wide - I have a high instep so I need to get wide shoes, but I am an 11 not 14 like you). These are wide and are good and have a lot of cushion and look decent as well.  I also have the Sketchers, and these are ok but I wish they were a bit wider (although I couldn't find the Wide in them, but..they are usually more generous anyway).  I had a set of Under Armour Storm as well, and these were my absolute favorite, until recently when something in the back heel broke and wore a hole in my foot over 18 holes of walking and they only lasted 1 year. I tossed them but there were the absolute best I have to say. Now I am with the Hyperflex but would have stayed with those UA Storms if possible. 

This is very personal as it relates to our feet and we do 6-7 miles in these shoes over 4-5 hours so also tiring. But I would go with Sketchers (always had comfort and wide shoes), Ecco (I can't find them in Europe for my size) and New Balance as they always did wide shoes properly although I never tried their golf shoes so no view on those).  If you can get the Storm in your size they are fantastic shoes and of course consider FJ's if you can find them in your size as well but not all models (I found the HyperFlex in wide so took them). 

Good luck!!

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

I have wide feet and love my Puma golf shoes - I've had a few different styles over the last few years but they hold up really well. I went the spikeless route a while back and find that I get all the traction I need but as someone who walks the course 90% of the time, needed that extra comfort. The Puma Ignites I currently wear are as comfy as a running shoe by the end of a round so can't fault them and can usually then wear them straight in the clubhouse as look good too. 

I've heard lots of good things about Ecco but the price always scared me off (they're super expensive here in Australia). Footjoy are a brand I used to have in spikes and always enjoyed and can't fault either.

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

I am the same size as you and for the most part I find FootJoy has been the best for me.  I just picked up a couple of pairs of the HyperFlex on closeout, $79, 2-year waterproof warranty.  I walk, and these are very comfortable and light.

I like the NB as well but the last couple of years when I have bought them they end up leaking within a season.  I play in the early AM so the grass is always wet, waterproof is a necessity for me.

***I forgot to add, True Linkswear have been good for me.  I think I have about 4 pairs of them over the past 10 or so years.  I have worn their Original style because the toebox is roomy, which I like.  I had one warranty issue, and to their credit, they took care of it quickly.  The sole is flat and flexible so that may not be for everyone.

Edited by 3Wack
corrections and additional information