How many balls do you carry?

I keep a lot of "used, found" balls in my bag. However, I keep between 6 and 12 playable balls. 

Golf is hard,

Driver: image.png.81305ef36e1f5b056fc49c420c925522.png ST-X

Woods: image.png.e7cfbeba4b06692d96bc82bc48e1ed4c.png G-430 3 & 5

Hybrid: image.png.3ac099a29c95bfe966ba73fa59b186ec.png G-430 21*

Irons: image.png.6384bfa60e06afce643221065a604913.png G-430 5-W

Wedges: image.png.46defb19a9a88060bfe7a3ab86ef40a8.png G-430 45*, 50* and image.png.82732918fda005669781e65502bc3344.png CBX Zipcore 54*

Putter:  image.png.cbde5b11302345caad0eed1a36e1b72c.pngDF 2.1 

Scott

I generally carry three in my pocket with another 12 in the pocket of my bag. I usually give balls I find on course to the club to be used on the range. I, too, walk and weight is a consideration. I generally save the extra weight for carrying water.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Minimum is 6…if I can’t finish the round with 6 balls I guess I don’t deserve to play 18 holes.

So when I restock the bag at 6, 12 new ones go in, so there’s always 6-18 balls in the bag. Each new dozen I use a different color marker on the lines I draw on the balls so I know which ones are the newest and play the oldest ones out. It also gives me a good reference for how fast I go through them.

Now, if I were playing Pebble Beach or the Old Course or Augusta or anywhere like that I’d be sure to have like 3 dozen and an extra glove and everything imaginable in the bag because that would literally be the worst ever to run out of balls or tear a glove on a bucket-list course.

I darn sure made sure I had a full 2 dozen when I played Torrey Pines South and Black Jack’s Crossing which were the 2 most famous courses I’ve played.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 10* | Taylor Made Mini Driver 13.5* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 51*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Around 20 pro v1.  I keep 6 new ones and the remaining for practice. I usually use 1 or 2 per round and then keep them for pratice.  I must have a couple of thousand  pro v1 since I play 3 to 4 rounds a week and lose very few balls.  Fortunately, all the courses I am a member don´t have any water hazard.

Driver: Titleist TSI3 10° - Tensei AV Blue 55 Shaft
Wood:  Titleist TSI2 15° - Tensei AV Blue 65 Shaft
Hybrid: Ping Answer 20 - TFC 800H Shaft 
Irons: Miura 57 3-PW - Mitsubishi OT 75 Shafts
Wedges: Miura Forged 51, 55, 60 - True Temper Spinner Wedge Shafts
Putter:  Valgrine, Phoenix

DREAM SET.jpg

It's ridiculous, but I usually carry 10. I am 80 yrs old and don't hit the ball very far (driver 185 yards) so I rarely loose a ball. I think I need mental rehabilitation>

Driver - Titleist TSi1

FW - Titleist TS2

HY - Titleist TS2

Irons - 5-PW, Gw and SW - 718 AP1

Putter - Odyssey StroleLab Marxman

Ball - Bridgestone e12

I carry 6 new and about 10-12 new and mixed balls that I either didn’t lose or found.  I think that is way too many.  But I ran out of golf balls once and vowed never to come up short again.  Whats worse is that my wife was with me so now this comes up more than I want, when we have get togethers.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Edited by Yankees802

Adams Hybrid Irons, Cleveland wedges 50,53,56,60, Nike Method Putter, Callaway 3 wood, Ping g25 Driver.  

I carry 6 new balls. I'm not good at cleaning out the used balls once they have damage (I've got to get better at this). So I may have a few more than six in my bag right now.

Sub 70 659 TC irons

Sub70 949X 5-wood

Taylormade M4 driver and 3-wood

TaylormadeSpider X putter

Pro V1 

I usually carry a sleeve of new balls, and in my bag I have probably 15 "just in case" balls that are in good condition.  I will usually hit one of these over water or on a narrow fairway if I am not feeling confident with my swing.  I usually empty it the bag out three to four times a year cuz I will just keep stockpiling them if I don't and my bag gets heavy.

MoFlo

I carry roughly 6 brand new in the box, and about 8-10 used ones in good shape. Don't really use those used ones but for some reason feels weird to just toss them. Trying to keep bag lighter these days so should reduce that count by half. Most courses I play, might lose 0-2 balls max, my home course is very challenging so possible to lose about 5. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus, 9* turned 9.75*, Stiff, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60g, Cut 1" Short

Hybrid: :adams-small: Pro 2 Hybrid 18* Aldila Tour 75g Stiff 

Driving Iron: Akira Mi118 Prototype Utility 2 Iron

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790, 4-GW Dynamic Gold, Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore MID 56* & 60*, Bent 2* upright

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: GM2 Exchange 2 Mallet, Center Shaft, Super Stroke 2.0

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: Blue Tees Golf Series 3 Max Rangefinder

Bag: :sunmountain: Boom 14-Way Cart Bag

A couple good used ones and 2 sleeves of new is what I usually have. Even though I ride I don't see a reason for more than that. If I lose that many I'm heading to the bar.

Driver-Ping G400 9° S shaft

3-wood-Ping G400 SFT 16° S shaft

5-wood-Ping TISI Tec 17° S shaft

5-SW Ping G400 Black R shaft

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

I usually have a dozen or so in bag at start of round. A good round I come back with more than I start. I use a push cart and weight not an issue. I usually play alone, with my dog (15 lb Cairn) tehthered to my bag/cart. I will not play through slower groups but will spend the time searching for balls. Any balls I find, I hit off at the driving range before next round. The best I have done for a 9 hole round is 53 balls found, lol. I will throw any good ones in my bag to lose next round and find more.

I usually keep at least 12 to 15 balls. I will always have new balls and used ones. If I am playing good I will only use 1 or maybe 2 balls in a round, but if I am not playing well and my shots are all over the place, then I will play the used balls. 

Jeffrey Starling

I usually carry 8-10 in my bag. I can reliably expect to lose one to three golf balls per 18. Rarely will I lose them in water, more often in long grass. I don’t like to hold others up with my searching so I give it a few minutes of looking then drop and go in roughly the same area. Gallery rule unless it’s OB

Always striving for a better game!

Right now I carry about three sleeves each a different type, looking at what is best for me right now.  

JPX 923 Forged, Stiff Flex 2 Deg toe up

Ping Driver G-430 max

Ping G 430 3 wood, and hybrid

Right Handed

Portland Or

Handicap 9.3

Hello Everyone

When I go practice grounds I have tube with where there are 20 balls that may be lost then another bag with 10 good quality balls for chipping or putting, another small bag where there are 4 balls that are as good as new, use mostly on the putting course. For on the Course I carry 9 good to very good balls and 9 bad ones for when things don't go my way. For practice I take way too many balls with me.

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: Tour Response :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

I usually mark three Titleist Prov1s, #8 with three blue dots for play and two sleeves of back up in my bag.  Carry two in my pocket ready for play at all times and extra in pocket with tees, extra divot tool and ball marker.  Extra sleeves go in extra pocket with tool kit to change lofts on driver/fairway and hybrids (Titleist, of course) and extra weights for Scotty Cameron putters.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I carry two sleeves of gamer ProV1 and 10 retirees to use for putting and short game practice.  I like to be consistent in the type of balls I hit in practice and on the course so the defining factor in performance is me, not the equipment. 

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

Six! a new sleeve, three good used ones. If it's a tough corse I might take 1 or 2 more just in case. I don't lose too many these days 🙂

Rogue Max Driver, Cleveland Hywood, Tour Edge E721 and a Ping Putter

BobbyGee!!!

Usually 8 in the bag.  But I may find a couple during the round which are on standby or to give to a playing partner or later go in the practice bucket.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

Short answer would be too many. I would guess at least 2 dozen. I never carry my bag, so weight isn't an issue. I guess I'm a packrat. I always have way more crap in my bag than I actually need. It's a running joke with my usual foursome. If somebody needs something, chances are pretty good that I have one somewhere in the bag. LOL. 

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: LAB Mezz 1 max

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Bushnell ion elite