Titleist Wedge Selector

Just curious to see what lofts everyone is using. These were the ones recommended for me, and currently I’m using a 50°(jaws raw), 58°(Cleveland RTX) and a 41° pitching wedge (ping) 

IMG_3238.png

Boomer

Isn’t 48 degrees the strongest loft they offer? 

I was a little surprised at my results as well BTW - my PW is 44 degrees and it went 50,54,60 for me. That would be two 6 degree gaps at the bottom of my bag - I hit my PW 110 to 120 - I’m not confident that I will get 110 out of a 50 and I’m unlikely to want to hit my 60 full so if I’m getting 85 out of the 54 I’d have a lot of ground to cover with that club. 

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

4 hours ago, revkev said:

I was a little surprised at my results as well BTW - my PW is 44 degrees and it went 50,54,60 for me. That would be two 6 degree gaps at the bottom of my bag - I hit my PW 110 to 120 - I’m not confident that I will get 110 out of a 50 and I’m unlikely to want to hit my 60 full so if I’m getting 85 out of the 54 I’d have a lot of ground to cover with that club. 

46° is the strongest loft for a vokey wedge.

Did you say you hit partial shots with your wedges? Especially the highest lofted club. If you hit pw 110-120 you don’t need to 110 out of the 50° if you got 100-105 that would be fine. Assuming at 85 max out of 54 which probably shouldn’t be a full swing wedge either you have 15ish yard gaps between wedge which isn’t bad. 

4 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m actually not terribly familiar with them but that does seem pretty strong. 

Boomer

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

46° is the strongest loft for a vokey wedge.

Did you say you hit partial shots with your wedges? Especially the highest lofted club. If you hit pw 110-120 you don’t need to 110 out of the 50° if you got 100-105 that would be fine. Assuming at 85 max out of 54 which probably shouldn’t be a full swing wedge either you have 15ish yard gaps between wedge which isn’t bad. 

I can live with it - yes - I try to avoid full wedges under Pitching wedge and I can grip down on that club for the 110 yard shot - 

I'm just in a bad place in life right now, working 70 hours a week, every week with very few (read no) days off since the week before Easter.  I needed a good reason to wine. 🙂

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

1 hour ago, Notpaulrudd said:

I’m actually not terribly familiar with them but that does seem pretty strong. 

46 and 48° wedges are pw wedge replacements for those who want to use a non set wedge. They aren’t that strong. Most current set pws are in that range and put a 44-45° on some sets

This is what i got. Not sure how close it is. I typically like a little lower bounce in the 60 but, we'll find out. Regarding loft, this is what i'd expect, because my pitching wedge is older so it has a weaker loft than clubs today. I like the 52 and 56 versus 50 and 54, because a 50 degree has always been difficult for me to hit partial shots, and i need that shorter yardage in my game.

Wedges.jpg

It is quiet common for pros to carry 4-9 irons and 46 degree wedges. Really depending on the conditions and turfs they are going to be playing on. 

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 LS Project X Handcraft T1100 6.0

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW KBS $ Taper X

Wedges: SM10 48,52.56,60 DG Tour Issue S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider X tour

Ball: Bridgestone XS