My Tournament Season: 2024

1 hour ago, Johann Oosthuizen said:

I thought the Alpine folks have a remedy for nerves.  We used it when on our first ski trip in Austria a few years ago.  It is called.....

Jägermeister.jpg

Ahhh.  Good old Black Death, as we called it at Apres Ski parties in my haydays... it was that or the alternative...flaming Sambucas!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

IMG_0919.jpeg.5a0775aac90e904fe700422859371edf.jpegThese are right when I open the book, a few reminders of what my psychologist and I have worked on. 

IMG_0920.jpeg.c21e135a0b941fcaeeb91b5a6d49b5fa.jpegnothing really interesting here, just kind of the style I take to remind myself.

IMG_0921.jpeg.b7ff22f35e1af46db9de073f4738e4f4.jpegnote the “concurrent critique” at the top, another reminder. It is easy to forget your “plan” in the heat of the battle

IMG_0922.jpeg.1426a7d0aafb56cb71833f460376b1ae.jpegproper distance measurement is important, I may write on some holes “measure to carry the front bunker “ etc.

IMG_0923.jpeg.c514bfb0eb84dd8553087287bc6130ac.jpegI like this one as it reminds me to check the pin on 17, this happens frequently on a course where you might check the green complex or the pin placment on another hole that you might have trouble seeing from that fairway. 

anyway a couple of things that I do!! 

committed to performance excellence

12 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

IMG_0919.jpeg.5a0775aac90e904fe700422859371edf.jpegThese are right when I open the book, a few reminders of what my psychologist and I have worked on. 

IMG_0920.jpeg.c21e135a0b941fcaeeb91b5a6d49b5fa.jpegnothing really interesting here, just kind of the style I take to remind myself.

IMG_0921.jpeg.b7ff22f35e1af46db9de073f4738e4f4.jpegnote the “concurrent critique” at the top, another reminder. It is easy to forget your “plan” in the heat of the battle

IMG_0922.jpeg.1426a7d0aafb56cb71833f460376b1ae.jpegproper distance measurement is important, I may write on some holes “measure to carry the front bunker “ etc.

IMG_0923.jpeg.c514bfb0eb84dd8553087287bc6130ac.jpegI like this one as it reminds me to check the pin on 17, this happens frequently on a course where you might check the green complex or the pin placment on another hole that you might have trouble seeing from that fairway. 

anyway a couple of things that I do!! 

That's a great strategy!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

I don't think I recapped my last tournament and frankly I am not going to. It wasn't bad bad, but it was a round where I just couldn't get anything going. It was a battle the whole time and I was so freaking tired or trying to grind out rounds. Finished bottom third and was simply a round to forget. 

Took some time off, washed the clubs and let them sit until today when i had 9 booked. Was a solid warm up round and got my start time for tomorrow. 

The last time I was here I had one of my best rounds in a tournament. Shot an 83 and the course plays to 73.5 and 132. There are plenty of long holes and hazards along the way. I went into it last time pretty blind and some holes that paid off where others it was a bit more of a struggle. 

So once again I am going to preview this course, but along with it create my gameplan for the round. I don't know how high the hay is going to be and that is a huge factor in all of this. So let's get into it!

image.png

First hole: Par 4, 321 meters. 

image.png

Last time around I took driver and cut it over into the left bunker. I ended up making double I think? Had a bad shot out and pretty sure I made a 3 putt. 

This time around I think plan to take 3-wood. While that could reach the bunker still it is a club I really trust and will leave me between 110 and 130 meters into the green which is a gap wedge or 9 iron, there abouts. A smart shot up and onto the green and hopefully a cozy two putt for a par. Don't try to over power the course, just ease into it. 

Second hole

image.png

This hole looks a bit more intimidating that it seems here. At least I thought, there is a decent amount of room and I am not afraid to take driver here as it does give me a bit more room. That should leave me about 100 meters in. this is a tricky green with massive slopes so getting on the right tier is important to have a stress free two putt. 

image.png

A long uphill par 5. It is up up up and the tee shot just needs to find the short grass somewhere near the 240 mark so that it a less awkward stance is there. I hit bunker on the second shot last time around as it peaks more into the fairway than I had thought. There is also more room right than I had thought so taking this into account, a solid drive then depending on yardage either 5 iron, 7 or 3 wood will be the second club. Going greenside right is a good spot to be. 

image.png

Hole 4 is a long par 3 where I thought the water came into play a lot more than it does. Depending on the win it will be 7 wood or 5 iron. Playing short and right is a fine miss as it will still allow for a chance at an up and down. 

image.png

A longer par 5, but nothing too complicated. A ton of room to the left as another par 5 runs up along that side. Right is no go. This is reachable in 2, but with so much trouble a layup may be best. Even 3 wood off the tee isn't a bad shout if I am not trying to go for it in two. Plan is driver then 7 wood onto the green. However getting out of position will mean a shot to about 100 meters and work on a simple par. 

image.png

Hole 6 indexs as the 9th hardest hole, but it plays long and difficult. Work to get on in 2 and be happy with a simple up and down for par. Drive and take it just right of the bunker, then 5 or 6 iron onto the green. Two putt and be happy with par. 

image.png

Funny this is labeled as the hardest hole, but I am not really sure if it is. I would honest say the prior is more difficult. This requires either a 7 wood or 5 iron off the tee to about 200 meters. No point in going longer else you get a stupid difficult lie and shot. The next will be a 6 or 5 iron onto the green. Getting anywhere within 25 feet is good enough here. Not expecting a birdie opportunity, just one that will hopefully be a solid par. 

image.png

This hole is pretty straight forward. There is trouble on both sides so a simple solid drive is key. I don't really see the point in laying back, but 3 wood could be a good call as it means no water is in play and the bunker should be avoidable. It would mean a long iron into the green, but the risk and reward with driver makes it smarter.

image.png

Straight forward par 3, should be 7 or 8 iron. Just go middle of the green and make a simple par. Don't get cute with it. 

image.png

This is another challenging par 4, it is long and the OB left shouldn't be in play for my current ball flight. Bunker left may be reachable, but not too worried about that. The green is well protected and if I have a 6 or 7 iron into the green I will be very happy. Truthfully this is a hole I am expecting to have to make an up and down for par. Just the way it works being a long par 4 that is the same length as I have seen among some par 5s in the area. 

image.png

This is a fun hole. Another uphill hole that needs a solid tee shot. It is driver off the teen and the more you can cheat left the better off you are. The green is narrow and a true challenge. If I can have a 9 or 8 iron into the green I will be very happy. 

image.png

Another hole that shows easy on the index but it is tricky. The green is really long and it can be a 3 or 4 club difference depending on the pin. A 7 iron to the middle is what I am hoping for. Make sure I have enough club to get over the bunker and not worry about trying to play a draw in. Aim middle and if it cuts back so be it. 

image.png

Likely not driveable, but could be. There is no proper club to play here in my mind with the OB running the whole way up and down. Of course it does depend on wind and more, but I believe 3 wood is going to be the call. It leaves me short of the middle bunker left and over the first bunker. Anything less putts more trouble into play. After that I hope to have a gap or pitch wedge into the green and hit it close enough for a good run at birdie. 

image.png

The opposite par 5 I had mentioned previously. Lots of room left where that bunker is. The OB right shouldn't again be in play. This plays the easiest, which is interesting because it is quite long. I got caught on the right hand side last time around and managed a par, but I would be quite happy to play along the left as there is so much more space and forgiveness. A driver in the fairway then 3 wood up the left should leave me a simple up and down for bridie and at worst par. 

image.png

I hit a crap drive here last time around and was put into the water. I would still take driver as it again would be the best opportunity overall. 3 wood tightens the hole up considerably. Aim at the bunker and let it fade just a slight bit and leave myself a 8 or 9 iron into the green. Don't ttry to get cute with it, just play it as smart as I can. The green is uphill so it may play half a club longer. 

image.png

A truly great risk reward hole. Take it over the OB and you shorten the length of the par 5 considerably. Plan is the play it towards the far bunker and just short of it with driver. If I pull it a slight bit then i may catch the slope running down. I don't intend to try and get there in 2, but instead play something just short of the bunker and leave myself with a chip up and down for birdie and or par. Play it patient and simple. 

image.png

This is the hardest hole on the course... maybe. It plays longer than the 202 that it is listed at and basically I plan to just take 7 wood and if I hit it into the bunker so be it. Just need to stay left on this hole and going for the green and over the biotop is simply dumb. Perfectly fine with bogey. 

image.png

Last time around I hit a weird blocky driver left that ended up in the water. I dont plan on doing that again. Driver towards the bunker, let it fade a bit and then have a 6 or 7 iron into the green. Just make the green and allow myself to try to make a putt. I made a mess of this hole last time and don't intend on doing that same thing. 

Overall this course is probably the hardest one on my schedule. The greens are tricky and firm and fast. The holes require good shots all day. There are no easy holes or breaks along the way with some relief. It will be a battle, but one i am looking forward to. I just want to make simple shots, hit some fairways and greens and then see if a few putts drop. Trying to over complicate things or push will just force more issues which I don't need to do. 

I shot 83 here last time around and frankly would be very happy with the same score, given the current state of my game. Of course I would love to break 80, but being realistic I get 13 shots on the course and simply put it is a true challenge. 

Going to play Vice Pro Plus as my golf ball, not lining the bugger up. I don't need to do that. Just focus on speed, that's all. 

Rest of the game feels solid and should be fun. paired up with another 10 handicap and a 1 handicap so it should be fun? 

May do a little video in the morning when I get to the course and after warmup - which is a good reminder. Only going to hit 30 or so balls for warmup and spend most the time on the practice green getting a feel for them. 

image.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Tournament recap - Sept 6

Moosseedorf Golf Park near Bern, Switzerland. See the full course rating above, but it was 73.5 with a slope of 132. 

I truly find this the toughest of all the Migro golf courses, it plays to 6800 yards and is just a real challenge. Fair, fun, but a real challenge. We are going to go hole by hole once again, because I have some time and well going through some stuff so this will help keep my mind off of it. 

Got there plenty early and warmed up with 40 shots before going in and paying. Then went over and hit putts for 20 minutes or so before doing a bit of chipping and heading over to the first tee. Nothing felt great, but felt good enough. I had worked in the morning and to load up a few hundred pounds of blades and ... blah blah blah. Let's get into it. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.43.37 AM.png

Took 3 wood as planned and was center of the center of the fairway. Playing partners took 3 wood and driving iron so I know that 3 wood was the right call. Left me with 105 meters in which is my 50. Both my 50 and 46 I have a tendency to pull a little. There was a white stake left of the flag so I set up to that and ended up about pin high, still right of the flag. I was very happy to have a putt for birdie and made a decent run at it, but came up a little short. Tap in par. Good start.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.46.58 AM.png

Took driver here and hit it to 117 meters. Was left side, but still in the fairway. Flag was middle, but this green has a hard slope right to left. i wanted to be under the pin, but pulled the 46 a bit too much. Again pin high, but had what i thought was going to be a slippery downhill putt. I could remember the greens being stupid fast and well, this one wasn't. Maybe in a few hours when the course had dried out it would have gotten to the hole, but this early in the morning it stopped 6 feet short and I wasn't able to convert the par putt. 3 putt, annoyed, but oh well! 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.49.04 AM.png

So you see that little brown spot left near the OB stake... yeah my drive landed on that building... and stayed there. 

Thankfully local rule means i got a free drop one club back, but still had to punch out away from where i wanted to be going. I did, then hit 3 wood over the bunker and left myself a 50 meter ish shot into the flag. 

The chip came two feet short and stayed off the green, but I was able to convert a up and down from there meaning I had another bogey on the card. A good bogey consider the tee shot was trash and the approach was really unacceptable. There is room past the pin, why not go there? 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.51.24 AM.png

Pin was at the back so this was playing 191 to the flag. I took 7 wood and choked up a bit, it went over and a bit right. Not a bad spot to be, but meant another scramble opp. This time I made good on it with a chip to 2 feet and tap in par. Back on track!

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.52.46 AM.png

Another good strike, but a bit wipy and left myself in the bunker left. The sand was weird in the fairway bunkers. It was heavy and the ball would sit in these wave like areas. Normally I never mind these shots, but I topped a 7 iron and got out, but left me 180 meters in on my next shot. My 5 iron came up just short and while I made a half decent pitch, it wasn't nearly good enough to give me a proper look at par. A wasted opportunity overall and another bogey on the card. Despite being 3 over now I didn't feel bad. I wasn't driving the ball great, but the rest seemed fine. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.57.05 AM.png,

With a little jump in my step now wanting to get a little back I hammered a drive, but still had 150 meters or so in. This hole is just long and quite difficult. Add in the wind was in and a bit cooler and the ball just wasn't flying like normal. A nice thin-to-win 7 iron mean I was on the green below the pin to about 30 feet. 

I misread the putt, but had good speed so another simple tap in and another par on the card. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 10.59.02 AM.png

Striped 7 wood left a bit of a weird downslope shot, it maybe went 3 yards too far from the flat. Can't complain though. Unfortunately my 6 iron was topped but not in the hazard so I had 80 meters in and a good lie. It was solid and left a tricky putt that lipped out and we were back to another bogey. A really solid read and putt that helped build some confidence. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.02.10 AM.png

I had debated between driver or 3 wood on this hole, but when the time came driver was feeling good and I ripped one down the middle. I had 111 meters in and took a pw, but with a slightly uphill lie I caught it a bit fat and came just barely short and spun back a bit. The chip was solid, to a few feet and here is where I don't know if I made a mistake or not. I waited for my playing partners to finish up and find their balls in the water etc. I should have just walked up and finished... I didn't and ended up missing the tap in.. yup. Oh well. Move on. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.05.36 AM.png

This is just a solid golf hole. Pin was middle right and hit one pin high about 20 feet left, putt came up just short. Tap in par. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.06.53 AM.png

I got a little scared of the OB. I haven't seen a ball go right in ages, but didn't get my start line correct and ended up just short of the left bunker. And by just short I mean 2 inches. The 5 iron I hit next was a bit high on the face and ended up in the next bunker with a weird uphill lie, while an okay bunker shot it was just on the fringe short of the pin. Short version, made another bogey with an okay putt from off the green and solid second. 

I didn't expect to make par on this hole so I wasn't too fussed. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.08.41 AM.png

Finally back to a solid drive, 7 iron in, but pulled just a bit left me pin high right of the green. An aggressive chip ran past the hole, but made the comebacker putt for par. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.11.00 AM.png

Back to another 7 iron with a front pin and just wasn't comfortable on the tee. Hit a blocky shot left and didn't take the time on my chip. It was a typical 10 handicap bogey. Not much else to say. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.13.22 AM.png

A bit annoyed at this hole. I hit what I thought was a good 3 wood, great start line and started to cut over, but somehow caught the top of the left bunker. Didn't bounce out. Maybe caught it a bit low on the face, but with the elevated tee box I expected it to carry that no issues. I then hit my next shot into the right bunker pin high. Great distance, just picked it too clean and had a draw over. The bunker shot ran over the edge and left me with 12 footer? Which I overread and mark another bogey. No big trouble, but still another bogey. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.16.42 AM.png

Another par 5 and another chance to maybe get a shot back. The drive just started a bit left of target and hit that bunker... I had that weird lie again and hit a thin 5 iron out. I still had a long ways in... like 190 to the flag so took 7 wood and comically hit it fat to 50 meters. I was once again aggressive with my punchy appraoch and just didn't quite spin and left myself with a downhill right to left 24 footer... which dropped!

Par save in the weirdest way. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.18.57 AM.png

This hole was playing long. Hit a drive into the fairway a bit rightside and had 157 meters in. This is a 6 iron normally without much difficulty, but a little wind in and playing up hill 5 was too much. The 6 iron came up just short, but a chip and made 4 footer meant another par. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.21.27 AM.png

Love this hole and hit a fantastic drive. This was a stress free hole. The drive went about 270 meters, just through the fairway. 5 iron down to 80 meters, full 58 to 18 feet, just missed the putt and tap in par. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.24.04 AM.png

This hole just plays long. I chickened out and played left with 7 wood and went into the bunker, but front side so long bunker shot with little green to work with. Thankfully got out of the bunker, but not on the green and ended up with bogey. 

Screenshot 2024-09-05 11.25.51 AM.png

Great drive, inbetween second shot that was left of the green. Aggressive chip that didn't spin, 2 putt bogey. 

So all wrapped up 41 on both sides with maybe a few shots here and there that could have been better, but also a lot more that could have gone wrong. No doubles on the card, but also no bogies. 

End result was my handicap went back down form 10.1 to 9.0 and 82 total. 

Screenshot 2024-09-06 5.56.29 PM.png

This left me with the third best score in the comp and T2 for Net score. Pretty happy overall i must say. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 2 weeks later...

Three more tournaments to finish off the season. 

Tomorrow Sept 22nd at Waldkirch Gelb/Rot course (same as last time around)

Sept 27 at the home course

October 4 at Holzhausern to finish off the season. I think I played there earlier this year, but I don't love the course and have never scored well there. 

Let's see if we can get that handicap back down to sub 7 before the end of the year!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Like reading the hole by hole Breakdowns. Good luck wrapping up the tournament!!!

WITB-

12 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Like reading the hole by hole Breakdowns. Good luck wrapping up the tournament!!!

If you go back I think two tournaments you can see the hole by hole from Waldkirch. It is the same course and even the same layout even though they have 36 holes. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Apologies @Rob Person apparently I haven't done the hole by hole here so here you go!

This course has 36 holes and they mix them around. The Red I have played every time and the Yellow I have played twice before. Both are good, but distinctly different in how they play. This is also one of the courses that we we play from the one ups so driver is not always needed. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.52.54.png

A simple par 4, but the green is very sloped and difficult. There is miles of room left (although I have never hit it there) and trouble right (I have hit it there). I like driver here to get off to a good start and to take that main bunker out of play. 
Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.01.png

Hole two is a second shot hole. I have been right both times and again the bunkers aren't really in play. The green is very long and the water is in play, but the more you can edge your driver to the right the easier your approach shot will be. 

Hole 3 is a fun par 3 that has an elevated tee box. It plays about 10 or so shorter than the number. Pin at the back vs run makes a massive difference!

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.12.png

Hole 4 is a fun par 5. The water should not be in play really, but the way the green sits it is impossible to see until your 3rd and if you want to go for it in two you need to take it over the bunker or even over the trees on the right. A very tricky green and tricky approach makes this one of the harder holes on the course. 

Hole 5 is a "simpler" par 3 that I have butchered each time with bad tee shots. It shouldn't be that hard, but the water on the left is intimidating and going right puts you in a bunker. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.17.png

Hole 6 is the hardest hole on this 9 and it has a massive elevated tee shot. Going right puts you in the water, going left puts you in the water, but there is a chance to go over it all and leave yourself with a flip wedge in. Normally 3 wood is the call here, but driver isn't a bad shout if you're feeling strong. 

Hole 7 is a solid par 4 that plays up hill the whole way. The green is fairly blind from your approach and with OB right and left there is lurking danger all around. I have ended up both OB and in the bunker on this hole so maybe 3 wood laving me short ish of the bunker and a 8 or 9 iron in would be the best call. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.22.png

Hole 8 is one of my favorites. It is not easy even though it is short. A 7 wood is my go to club here as it gets me over the bunker on the left and what should be a decent look at the green. This green is stupid sloped so getting it in the right section will make life a heck of a lot easier. 

Hole 9 is a super par 5 to finish off. It isn't too difficult and is possible to get there in 2 with a good driver. The green has danger on the left and well I have never been on the right so not sure, but definitely a hole I hope to use my length to give a decent scoring opportunity. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.30.png

Maybe the second hardest hole on this 9? Hole 10 or 1 on Red is a shorter par 5, but the trouble and junk around the green is cruel. Everything short of the green wants to go left towards the OB, the green is massively sloped with two distinct tiers. I have made a 5 putt on this hole... Finding the fairway means it is possible to go for it in two, but at what cost?

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.38.png

Hole 11 is a good par three that plays 20 or more down. Not long, but another big sloping green that can make for easy three putts. 

Hole 12 doesn't have a ton of trouble when the grass is cut, but does have the OB left. It isn't as hard as the card suggests. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.43.png

Depending on how the grass is driver over the corner is a real option. However if it is high best plan is to play left of the tree and leave yourself with a 7 iron or so into a very mean and cruel green. The tree is a lot bigger than in the photo and can very easily block you. Running through the fairway and being left is bad!

Another Par 3 that is harder than it shows here. Slopes everywhere and just a trouble hole, but also possible to make a good score with a simple 7 iron. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.49.png

The final stretch of holes here are fantastic. A lot of fun and offer different challenges. The 6th here has an elevated tee box and trees block all the view of the fairway on the left making you want to hit it right. The truth is though there is a ton of room left... and a whole other hole. There really is no excuse to go right and even though the green is more subtle it still presents enough of a challenge. 

Hole 7 here is one of my favorites. It is challenging for a reason as it is not driver of 3 wood, 7 wood or even 5 iron is ideal here. Going past the 100 gives you a weird distance and stance which is not what you want going into this green. 

This green is nasty and slopes big time front to back... and I do mean big time. Above the hole and it is nearly impossible to keep it from rolling off the green. Below the hole is certainly better, but with the approach shot playing playing downhill it can be tough to judge. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.53.57.png

A short par 3 that is just a nice fun hole from another elevated tee box. Not a give me hole by any means, but usually hopes to at least have a birdie look of sorts. 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 19.54.05.png

18 is another favorite hole. Again not easy, but a good drive does offer a look at going for it in two. The difficult part of this is the second shot is entirely blind. I went long last time and a little right which ended up OB... but previous rounds I have had eagle looks. Depending on how the round is going it is 50/50 whether to go for this or play it smart and back to try and have a simpler look at birdie. 

There we go! Let's get it!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thanks for going through all of that!

How do you like playing split tee box 9 holes? We ha e 2 courses here that do that.  One is fun while the other just shows a different approach. Not more than 20 yards apart.

I'm sure there was 60 minutes you could have spent doing something more productive, but thank you!

WITB-

On 9/21/2024 at 9:42 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Three more tournaments to finish off the season. 

Tomorrow Sept 22nd at Waldkirch Gelb/Rot course (same as last time around)

Sept 27 at the home course

October 4 at Holzhausern to finish off the season. I think I played there earlier this year, but I don't love the course and have never scored well there. 

Let's see if we can get that handicap back down to sub 7 before the end of the year!

go get em... finish strong Jamie... 

committed to performance excellence

No full recap for this round. 

Wasn't a terrible round nor a great one, finished 15/70 and 14th in my flight of 30. Had a couple birdies and 3 doubles with a triple in the mix as well. Unfortunately just lost momentum and was impossible to stay focused. 

While all good and settled now, my pup Apollo (who the APH name is based off of) was bit by a dog 10 times his size (not joking ten times he is 15-20 lbs and this dog is 200). Found this out on the range and thankfully my wife was able to handle the situation. It wasn't a purposeful or mean bite I will say, but it was big... like could fit a golf ball big. I would share photos, but they aren't exactly appropriate for the forum. It was through the skin and to muscle. The vet was awesome and professional, but the whole thing took 4 hours to manage and go through meaning from the second I tee'd off to the 15th hole it was on my mind and distracting, finally with him knowing he was home safe and sound I was just mentally done and ended the back 9 going double, par double with two less than ideal tee shots. 

Handicap went up a bit to 9.5, but just glad Apollo is good and doing well. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

While all good and settled now, my pup Apollo (who the APH name is based off of) was bit by a dog 10 times his size (not joking ten times he is 15-20 lbs and this dog is 200). Found this out on the range and thankfully my wife was able to handle the situation. It wasn't a purposeful or mean bite I will say, but it was big... like could fit a golf ball big. I would share photos, but they aren't exactly appropriate for the forum. It was through the skin and to muscle. The vet was awesome and professional, but the whole thing took 4 hours to manage and go through meaning from the second I tee'd off to the 15th hole it was on my mind and distracting, finally with him knowing he was home safe and sound I was just mentally done and ended the back 9 going double, par double with two less than ideal tee shots. 

Man!  Sorry to hear this!  Glad he is doing ok but can't imagine having to try and play with that at the forefront.  

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter