Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Golf Club Sets or Not Sets

I am fairly new to this forum. Why do most golfers prefer to use clubs by different manufactures as opposed buying clubs by the same manufacturer/ sets? I mostly have clubs from the same manufacturer in the set. Sorry, if the question is not adequate for this forum. Thank you.

Thanks,

Aaron J. Eagle                                                                         

Email Address:  [email protected]

11 minutes ago, Eagle12 said:

I am fairly new to this forum. Why do most golfers prefer to use clubs by different manufactures as opposed buying clubs by the same manufacturer/ sets? I mostly have clubs from the same manufacturer in the set. Sorry, if the question is not adequate for this forum. Thank you.

as long as it's golf related I can't think of a question that is inadequate...

if you look through the various threads most people on here have signatures where they add what's in their bag and you'll notice that it's quite rare for a single manufacturer to be there. 

It's hard to make every club that works perfectly as a single manufacturer. some do - Titleist, PXG for example, but most people play at least a few different OEMs

Add your set makeup to your signature so we can all see what your playing

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

12 minutes ago, Eagle12 said:

People often play the clubs that work for them and which will go across manufacturers.   It could also be cost related if you buy used clubs.   others like to stay with the same company from top to bottom in their bag.  

both approaches can work it really just personal preference 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think it's rare for someone to go with the same brand top to bottom for a lot of reasons. It may be price, it may be availability, it may be looks, it may be fittings. I think we all want to play what works for us the best, that's also within our budgets and fits our own eyes. 

The reality is, there are so many great brands and lines out there that it's almost a losing proposition to force yourself to only use one brand if you don't have to. Why lock yourself into a specific brand if there's something else that'll work better for you?

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

StrokerAce, thank you for the response and I definitely noticed that regarding most people used clubs from different manufacturers. 

Thanks,

Aaron J. Eagle                                                                         

Email Address:  [email protected]