Vice Golf Balls - 2024 Forum Review

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Dear fellow actor, 

Not everyone is as comfortable in front of the camera as we are 😉  While we DO encourage all testers to post photos of themselves in the Introduction, it is by no means mandatory, as I've met many people (as have you, I'm sure) who absolutely dread being in pictures.  No reason to make someone do something they dread - the review is often plenty of pressure, especially for first-time testers.  

That being said, I agree with you that it really DOES help us get to know each other and to have a visual to imagine the tester out on the course with the equipment.  🙂

... Good points and I hear ya. That said, it doesn't have to be a close up or even looking at the camera. Just on the tee/green or at the range or casually at home to give us some idea of who we are reading. Mandatory is a bit  ... well ... too mandatory 😉  but strongly suggested should be fair. 

... Thankfully it seems most already include at least some kind of picture so it is just a very small nit pick. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

21 hours ago, Jesper2712 said:

Is there someone who have a discount code for Vice? I would buy the Vice Pro Plus. Hope someone have a code for me! 🙏🏼

I've got one, but I don't know if it's still good. Will send to you via PM.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Lefty11 I got home and these were waiting for me!  Can't wait to knock em down the fairway!

20240728_192802.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

20 minutes ago, MikeBJupiter said:

Would love to hear a code if it’s still working and helps get you some points maybe …. 

These were sent to me by one of the testers here

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks @Lefty11 I got home and these were waiting for me!  Can't wait to knock em down the fairway!

20240728_192802.jpg

You’re welcome @Rob Person!  I hope you enjoy them.  Keep them In the short stuff.  😀

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Are any of the testers still using their Vice golf balls?  I am, and I still like how they perform. Has anyone purchased a different version of the Vice golf balls?

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

2 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

Are any of the testers still using their Vice golf balls?  I am, and I still like how they perform. Has anyone purchased a different version of the Vice golf balls?

I actually handed all mine out that I didn't play for other local ppl to test but

ff3d19b1-861c-411f-b4f6-0fe2548b069d.jpg.7a6090bc9ea6ae414fc7e8ead95939d1.jpg

Did pick these up but haven't had a chance to test them yet

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Been away for a while but in that time I've been playing vice pro exclusively. Balls are controllable and durable. The price point, imo, is perfect. Especially compared to the proV.

No loss off the tee and they still check up pretty well. Big fan. Will keep these in the bag for the foreseeable future.

B

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

1 hour ago, 3Putt4Double said:

I actually handed all mine out that I didn't play for other local ppl to test but

ff3d19b1-861c-411f-b4f6-0fe2548b069d.jpg.7a6090bc9ea6ae414fc7e8ead95939d1.jpg

Did pick these up but haven't had a chance to test them yet

What version are those?

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

21 minutes ago, barney_bogey said:

Been away for a while but in that time I've been playing vice pro exclusively. Balls are on controllable and durable. The price point, imo, is perfect. Especially compared to the proV.

No loss off the tee and they still check up pretty well. Big fan. Will keep these in the bag for the foreseeable future.

B

I want to try the Vice Pro next. 

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

1 hour ago, barney_bogey said:

Been away for a while but in that time I've been playing vice pro exclusively. Balls are controllable and durable. The price point, imo, is perfect. Especially compared to the proV.

B

The Pro is definitely impressive! They will be back in my bag when they are put on a shelf instead of dtc

The Pro is definitely impressive! They will be back in my bag when they are put on a shelf instead of dtc
One of our Walmarts stocks them which is how I originally picked them up. Else, it's from Amazon.
Never been on their site actually!

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

14 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I have not used up the Vice balls I received for the test. The experience of trying out a new ball has whetted my appetite to try a few others. After my first few trials, I told my wife I might have to go back to the Vice for its overall performance. I do like the softer greenside feel of my Mizuno gamer, though. So if a ball delivers a softer feel while offering the performance of the Vice Drive, I think I'll be a customer for life. Pro Air seems to be a strong possibility.

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

9 hours ago, barney_bogey said:

One of our Walmarts stocks them which is how I originally picked them up. Else, it's from Amazon.
Never been on their site actually!

I first saw Vice at our local Costco. But the items Costco sells is somewhat erratic. They always sell Kirkland, of course, but the current ball offer is from Callaway.

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

5 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

I have not used up the Vice balls I received for the test. The experience of trying out a new ball has whetted my appetite to try a few others. After my first few trials, I told my wife I might have to go back to the Vice for its overall performance. I do like the softer greenside feel of my Mizuno gamer, though. So if a ball delivers a softer feel while offering the performance of the Vice Drive, I think I'll be a customer for life. Pro Air seems to be a strong possibility.

The Pro Air does have a softer feel. 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

9 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

I wonder if the Tour might have a softer feel even though it's the same compression due to the 3-piece v 2-piece. I played the Tour for a while and I prefer a softer ball and didn't mind the feel. Plus the price is right with the Tour.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

27 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I wonder if the Tour might have a softer feel even though it's the same compression due to the 3-piece v 2-piece. I played the Tour for a while and I prefer a softer ball and didn't mind the feel. Plus the price is right with the Tour.

@Skrek74…below is what I’ve found on the Vice website.  

The feeling of the Vice Tour is similar to the Vice Pro. It is softer than the Vice Drive and the Vice Pro Plus but a bit more firm than the Vice Pro Air. For most golfers with medium swing speeds the feedback will be comfortable.

I hope this helps.  😀

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

On 7/31/2024 at 10:20 AM, Lefty11 said:

Played the Vice Drive for the first time today.. Played the absolute worst golf I've played in years.. Couldn't get the ball to work for me.. One of my favorite shots when I'm behind a tree or something in my line is to take my 5 wood and hit a purpose slice around the obstacle back to the fairway.. That isn't happening.. Hit two past the hole with hella backspin but no bite (which we knew) and it rolled another 12+ ft to the backside hill off the green both times.. Couldn't hit the high draw all day long.. My step son did ok with them but he's just starting and just wanting to hit towards the hole.. Might be my problem.. Should use the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)! Admin definitely knew what they were doing and stuck me testing the right ball for myself!

With that being said, I have 2 sleeves of the Vice drive left that I will trade with anybody wanting to try them.. My buddy has claimed one and I played the other.. Just bc it's not the ball for myself doesn't mean it isn't a good ball! Just doesn't work for my game

42 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Played the Vice Drive for the first time today.. Played the absolute worst golf I've played in years.. Couldn't get the ball to work for me.. One of my favorite shots when I'm behind a tree or something in my line is to take my 5 wood and hit a purpose slice around the obstacle back to the fairway.. That isn't happening.. Hit two past the hole with hella backspin but no bite (which we knew) and it rolled another 12+ ft to the backside hill off the green both times.. Couldn't hit the high draw all day long.. My step son did ok with them but he's just starting and just wanting to hit towards the hole.. Might be my problem.. Should use the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)! Admin definitely knew what they were doing and stuck me testing the right ball for myself!

I suspect the Drive is a ball designed to help golfers who need more distance, rather than those looking for an artistic palette for stroke making. Different balls for different strokes. Glad you had the right ball for your test.

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

Just now, Green4Spinach said:

I suspect the Drive is a ball designed to help golfers who need more distance, rather than those looking for an artistic palette for stroke making. Different balls for different strokes. Glad you had the right ball for your test.

I think ur right bud.. Like I said, prolly not a bad ball, just wasn't for me

I was one of the rare Vice Pro Zero players when it was around, but after following this thread, I decided to give the Vice Pro Air a try. Just shot my best round ever (+7)! Coincidence? Honeymoon phase? Only time will tell, but here's to hoping it keeps flying like that for a member guest I'm playing in a few weeks. Thanks for all the testers and other members here that gave great reviews and feedback!

G430 SFT Driver

G30 5 Wood

RBZ Stage 2 4H

G425 6i-UW

Jaws Raw Wedges 54 & 58

Meridian Charleston Putter

1 hour ago, brkfstball12 said:

I was one of the rare Vice Pro Zero players when it was around, but after following this thread, I decided to give the Vice Pro Air a try. Just shot my best round ever (+7)! Coincidence? Honeymoon phase? Only time will tell, but here's to hoping it keeps flying like that for a member guest I'm playing in a few weeks. Thanks for all the testers and other members here that gave great reviews and feedback!

Nice shooting @brkfstball12!  The Vice Air is a solid ball. I’m still gaming it as well. 

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

3 hours ago, brkfstball12 said:

That's awesome! When u find the right partner a honeymoon can last a lifetime (I hear anyway!) Dont tell my wife I said that last part!

On 8/1/2024 at 10:45 AM, Shrek74 said:

When we are talking similar overall compression and cover material, I find that a 3-piece ball usually feels harder than a 2-piece ball due to the mantle layer which tended to be the firmest layer of any multilayer ball. I cannot comment on the 2024 versions, but the 2020 versions of the Tour and the Drive were also spec’d at the same overall compression and the Tour definitely felt harder to me. 

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

I recently got a free sleeve of Vice Drive balls. While I did like them, they don’t quite fit my game—they were a bit firmer than I prefer. But hey, I can't complain since the price was right! LOL. I’m hoping to get my hands on some Vice Pro or Pro Plus to compare as well.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

I played the vice balls the last 2 days, that @Lefty11 was generous enough to send me.  All I can say is wow! I had some great shots, and short game control was not too shabby.  Still had a bit of roll out on chip shots, but definitely were workable.  Thanks again bud!