TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

Taylormade Spider GT Rollback - UNOFFICIAL REVIEW

Rapid Fire Review: 

I have spent a good amount of time with this putter, going on two years. Be it in a simulator or on the green I’ve put the GT through its paces. 

First Impression: 

Upon opening the box I was truly impressed with the clean simplistic look, nothing distracting, yet it wasn’t underwhelming either. The thick black line really helps the alignment line pop, making aligning to your ball quick and easy. Weight of the putter was exactly what I was looking for, on the heavier side to really help instil the confidence in an already very stable putter, with quite a bit of forgiveness. I felt like I found my forever putter. 

Current Impression: 

Now having a putter you can pull out of the bag that instills confidence, provides stability, and offers a level of forgiveness is fantastic, until those miss hits are hard to fix. The lack of feedback off the face makes miss hits unrecognizable, due to the soft “spongy” face. Not being able to have the “feel” or “feedback” off the face makes this club, to me at least fall into the beginner category. Unfortunately the price point doesn’t reflect the type of golfer I believe it should be angled towards.

Conclusion:

I still believe that this is a great putter for your beginners or even the golfer that struggles with keeping the putter square. If you are a “feel” golfer I would advise you to look into something different. 

*First review, so anything I could add/improve on please give me feedback.*

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 w/HZRDUS Black smoke 6.0

Ping Anser 3wood

Taylormade Jetspeed 4H

Taylormade Rocketbladez 5-PW

Cleveland RTX4 56

Cleveland RTX 52

Callaway X Tour 60

Taylormade Spider GT Rollback