Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

Congo Rats! I'm excited to follow what happens with this test and what comes of the product. One I am definitely interested in to possibly have at home sometime. 

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

Congrats to the testers. Just an FYI - we are the EMEA distributor for ExPutt (along with other brands) so please feel free to ask us any questions you may have as we will be active on here going forward. Looking forward to following your journeys of using ExPutt!! 

We have a team of golfers who work here, however our in-house PGA Professionals bag is:

Driver - Cobra KING F9  

3 Wood - Cobra KING F9

3 Hybrid - Cobra KING F9

3-PW - Nike VR II Pro Blades

52 - Nike VR II Pro Forged

58 - Nike VR II Pro Forged 

Putter - Rife RG1 Blade

Ball - Pro V1x

Looks like we have a few shipping notifications coming in. Super excited to hit so many 4 ft putts. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Planning to get my intro section posted tomorrow.  I got the shipping notice today. Looking forward to posting an unboxing update when it arrives. Not sure I will get into the top 150 but I will definitely look up @Old Justice once I have the system set up. Any other existing users feel free to share your user name so we can compare scores. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

On 7/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, Old Justice said:

Good luck to all testers! I have had theirs for just over a year, and as someone who enjoys practice but not so much putting practice I found this really cool. If anyone fancies challenging my ranking inside top 150 then bring it on! You’ll find me under username Puttmeister😳😂 I have only one gripe and one recommendation:

gripe; I live in the uk and customer support is non-existent. I reached out to customer. Serv. as my Matt is wearing out and heard nothing back which is really disappointing.

recommendation; if the software on this could be brought up to speed ala MLM2PRO (which I own and love) the potential for this could be great. The multiplayer is sparse and the graphics and metrics could be so much better than they are now (think PGA tour 1 on Megadrive vs PGA tour 24 on PlayStation 5).

hopefully the expert will reach its full potential, I’m excited to see what the future holds!

My question to you is whether the top 150 has translated into reduce number of putts on the green and which distances you have seen the most benefit? 

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

Hi, I can’t say that it has had a totally transformative change on all areas, as my short and short/middle putting is generally good for my standard. However, long putting distance control has always been the weakest part of my game and this has improved, although I couldn’t quantify it in score/handicap improvement accurately. 

The ranking system is based on points. You can earn 500 a day (maximum) in the practice mode which is where I have made virtually all mine, and you can also wager unlimited points with other players in challenges that are easy to access and create in the multiplayer section. Together with the progress tracking report, the practice can be addictive and fun. 

I’d love to say I don’t three putt anymore, but I have reduced it, and when I’m on the course I do feel much more comfortable when long putting. Hope this helps👍

WITB:

DRIVER; COBRA Darkspeed 9.0 DEGREE STIFF Lin-q WHITE 65 GRAMS

3 WOOD; Callaway Paradym Smoke AI 15 DEGREE STIFF TENSAI AV blue 70 GRAMS

HYBRID: CALLAWAY 24 APEX UW 19 DEGREE STIFF MMT 70 GRAMS

IRONS; 4-GW MIZUNO PRO 223 STIFF AEROFLEX STEELFIBER i110 CW

MID WEDGE; MIZUNO T22 BLUE ION 54/08 D GRIND SHAFT DG WEDGE

LOB WEDGE; MIZUNO T22 DENIM COPPER 60/06 X GRIND SHAFT DG S300

PUTTER; EDEL EAS 1.0

3 minutes ago, Old Justice said:

Hi, I can’t say that it has had a totally transformative change on all areas, as my short and short/middle putting is generally good for my standard. However, long putting distance control has always been the weakest part of my game and this has improved, although I couldn’t quantify it in score/handicap improvement accurately. 

The ranking system is based on points. You can earn 500 a day (maximum) in the practice mode which is where I have made virtually all mine, and you can also wager unlimited points with other players in challenges that are easy to access and create in the multiplayer section. Together with the progress tracking report, the practice can be addictive and fun. 

I’d love to say I don’t three putt anymore, but I have reduced it, and when I’m on the course I do feel much more comfortable when long putting. Hope this helps👍

I think there are some putts that are incredibly easy to 3 putt, particularly larger greens with 80 foot putts

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

On 7/8/2024 at 11:13 PM, buckpillar said:

Placeholder

Hello MyGolfSpy Nation,

My name is Jeffrey “Buck” Pillar, I also go by “PUTSO” – I started playing golf when I was 13 yrs old using my dads Spaulding Epic forged irons, that’s when I fell in love with this great game. I’m self-taught and through practicing with the whiffle balls learned how to draw, fade them up over the corner of my mom’s house. Over the years practicing in the yard and playing the local courses I played golf on my high school team where we won the WPIAL Championship in 1985.  I eventually became a scratch golfer wanting to become a PGA Professional, however life happened and the goal was sidelined but still burning inside. A wonderful wife (25yrs on Aug 7th) 2 awesome kids and golf took up most of the time.  

Attach33860_20220827_204430.jpg.e26a662190a9cf12f288ebde846fc92b.jpg

So fast forward, I have recently started a golf business PUTSOGOLF 2024, providing lesson specializing with older golfers and those just getting started. Club building and repair, some apparel and hoping for it to take off, by this time next year I should be a Class A teaching Professional.

putsogolf@gmail.com      Instagram- @putsogolf2024   Facebook- Jeff Buck Putso Pillar

I consider myself somewhat of an aggressive player, used to be able to hit the long ball, throw darts at the flags and felt comfortable when in tuff situations. But with age and injuries I still can hang with the best of them and go low too! 2 Holes in one, Springdale GC and Kaanapali Resort on Maui.

One big thing I would struggle with was putting… always wanting to drop the ball into the front of the hole, afraid of going past to far where it would bring the 3-putt element into play. I still find myself falling into that habit on occasion. I always was able to read the greens good but definitely room to improve.

I currently play in the Delmarva area, Live in Hopwood Pa -- Southwest Pennsylvania about 15 minutes from Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, former home of the 84 Lumber Classic.

I’ve been playing for 44yrs, and have become somewhat a local legend with the golfers, always willing to lend a hand with the golf games and sustained good play for many years.

Testing wise, I would like perform tests that will improve green reading, speed and distance control but what really has me intrigued is how my stroke is, is it open, closed, delofted etc. I haven’t seen very many if any other putting simulators on the market that is offering so much detail to improving you entire putting game.

While testing, if I can improve the areas where Exputt finds me deficient it will be a long-term training aid not only for me but my students also.

My thoughts are racing, I have an opportunity to test cutting edge technology that will improve my ENTIRE putting game from the stroke, reading greens, getting the correct speeds on breaking putts and putting to use the information Exputt will provide.

I didn’t really know about Exputt until the testing signup was listed, I went to their website, reviewed plenty of YouTube videos, to get a grasp of what this simulator was all about and how it could help my game. After a week of gather information it interested me so much, the features and technology Exputt was offering in the simulator I just had to through my hat in the ring and sign up for the testing opportunity.

I expect the quality of the software be top quality with solid well-made equipment. Price, wise I feel it is very fair for what the Exputt has to offer. As I was researching the product I wondered how it would be able to provide breaking putts, uphill, downhill and then gather all the data from your stroke. We will see how it does through my testing. So, plenty more to come. Same ExPutt Channel Same ExPutt time!!

Official Tester for-

Odyssey AI#1 CH putter - Titleist White ball - Bridgestone Mindset unofficial testing

Driver-  Taylormade Sim Max2-  9.0*

Fairway Woods-  Taylormade Sim Max2- 15*  --  Taylormade Stealth 18*

Irons-  Takomo 101 irons - 4-PW -  3 Iron 101U

Wedges-  Taylormade RAC 54*/8*bounce and Mill Grind 50*/10* bounce

Putter-  ODYSSEY AI#1 CH -- Official 2024 Tester

Great intro!

I look forward to seeing if the digital approach will be beneficial regarding speed control translating to real course results!

No doubt it should improve swing and contact dynamics via the data analysis side of things.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congratulations Testers! This is a cool testing opportunity, have fun! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

59 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Great intro!

I look forward to seeing if the digital approach will be beneficial regarding speed control translating to real course results!

No doubt it should improve swing and contact dynamics via the data analysis side of things.

I agree, I been thinking about depth perception and how I will adapt from screen to live on course transition.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

My Intro is up as well. Thanks for the incredible opportunity MGS Mods and ExPutt.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:14 PM, Wolfstrum said:

Introduction:

Hello all, my name is Wolfgang.  I am 53 and live in the Pacific Northwest.  I have 7 kids.  Their activities were my priority for the past 30 years.  That left little time for golf.  I played 2 or 3 times a year at family reunions and work retreats.  Last year my oldest and youngest sons took an interest in golf.  We started playing together more frequently.  That ignited my golf obsession.  For the past 20 years, I used a set of hand-me-down irons from a friend and a Big Bertha Steelhead III I won at a conference.  I started this year researching golf equipment.  I discovered MyGolfSpy and found a lot of great info that helped me make overdue gear upgrades.  With new clubs in the bag, I am getting out to play golf once or twice weekly and improving my game.

IMG_3435.jpeg.090cf05ae26c6175dfba506431849dc3.jpeg

There are some exciting testing opportunities announced this year.  Very few of them are a good fit for where I am at in my game this year.  The Exputt RG test is the perfect fit.  I am very aware of the strokes I am losing to bad putting.  I signed up and posted on the signup thread.  With over 3000 signups and only 4 testing spots, I didn’t expect to be selected. 

Putting is currently the most sporadic part of my game.  I want to see how many strokes I can gain back by using the Exputt RG as an at-home training tool.  Can I improve my distance control and reduce over and under hits?  Does the Exputt RG help me improve at long, medium, and short puts? If the practice on the simulator translates to improved golf scores on the course, then the test will be a success.  I plan to involve my two golf-playing sons in the test to see if we can improve our putting game. 

Thank you for this opportunity to test the Exputt RG.

Introduction posted.

Hey everyone I just posted my review-forum introduction, give it a read and I am open to any suggestions on how to better test and experiment this product for the general group. 

1. Driver Ping G5
  2. 3 Wood Ping G5
  3. 22 degree hybrid Ping G5
  4. Irons Ping G5 4-SW
  5. Putter Ping Anser 2
  6. Ball, anything that finds water

3 hours ago, AverageSizedDog said:

Hey everyone I just posted my review-forum introduction, give it a read and I am open to any suggestions on how to better test and experiment this product for the general group. 

Not wanting to steal your thunder by answering these as I had one just before the reviewers got theirs , my recommendations would be covering the following:

• HDMI app vs Mobile App (they are very different so test and compare both, are features missing from one or the other)
  • Visualisation vs stats - how does the green look relative to the distance and slope information? is there a way to ascertain the slope degree or is it guesswork?
  • Is the break and slope true? (in your opinion)
  • How is the online gaming against other competitors internationally? Speed/Fun Factor
  • Does it work with other putting accessories? (putting mirrors etc)
  • Has your putting actually improved as a result of this?

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

1 hour ago, MissionMan said:

Not wanting to steal your thunder by answering these as I had one just before the reviewers got theirs , my recommendations would be covering the following:

• HDMI app vs Mobile App (they are very different so test and compare both, are features missing from one or the other)
  • Visualisation vs stats - how does the green look relative to the distance and slope information? is there a way to ascertain the slope degree or is it guesswork?
  • How is the online gaming against other competitors internationally? Speed/Fun Factor

These are some great suggestions. 

12 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I going to use  plasma tv and hdmi connection when mine arrives to get the best video qualities once I get the Exputt

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 hours ago, buckpillar said:

I going to use  plasma tv and hdmi connection when mine arrives to get the best video qualities once I get the Exputt

Has no women ever told you that size matters?PXL_20240419_182747053_MP.jpg.87e6b16a968ea73dc09c7d271c6c6f46.jpg

Edited by pozzit

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Nice setup, nope!

Thanks have it connected with an R10. I'll test out ExPutt directly to projector with HDMI and paired with an iPad and then mirrored to projector. Let's see what works best.

Dont think I can contain the excitement, supposed to be getting the ExPutt delivered on Tuesday.... Can't wait.. just pacing putting more putting and waiting till the doorbell rings.

Then this happens... 

1649783611552.jpeg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

7 hours ago, buckpillar said:

My updated tracking for the ExPutt

image.png.d8864a9c70cebe73b8f20e303059978b.png

UPDATED DELIVERY !!!! Oh Heck Yea!

image.png.7fc613eec2356246319c1b7dcc961fd6.png

This is a heck of a lot better than the "We'll add delivery date as soon as your package starts moving"......Somehow it's gone from Great Britain to Chicago without moving. I'm just hoping that something updates and it shows up tomorrow like yours.

31 minutes ago, pozzit said:

This is a heck of a lot better than the "We'll add delivery date as soon as your package starts moving"......Somehow it's gone from Great Britain to Chicago without moving. I'm just hoping that something updates and it shows up tomorrow like yours.

Hope so, that fedex location is about 10 minutes from my work, but I’ll wait till tomorrow since I’m working from home 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

MyGolfSpy -

Here is the text for my UNBOXING and First impressions --- with pictures on Page 1 of this thread.

Give it a Look, I'm very impressed at this point so far with the EXPUTT!

just a couple pic to entice your senses below.

20240715_141759.jpg.8d0b3d61764f0c10b3616c45a75075d6.jpg

20240717_095639(1).jpg.93df444fd7b93ace7499dfb80b051285.jpg

20240717_100832.jpg.98e19efa1dd35873182e9202031cf62e.jpg

20240717_100834.jpg.75b37dba6057964ce8c56c86eb4c04b6.jpg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Also as a heads up for testers - depending on your setup needs, it may be helpful to know the ExPutt screws into a normal tripod mount, so you can use any random tripod to get it to the right height.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

MyGolfSpy -

Here is the text for my UNBOXING and First impressions --- with pictures on Page 1 of this thread.

Give it a Look, I'm very impressed at this point so far with the EXPUTT!

just a couple pic to entice your senses below.

20240715_141759.jpg.8d0b3d61764f0c10b3616c45a75075d6.jpg

20240717_095639(1).jpg.93df444fd7b93ace7499dfb80b051285.jpg

20240717_100832.jpg.98e19efa1dd35873182e9202031cf62e.jpg

20240717_100834.jpg.75b37dba6057964ce8c56c86eb4c04b6.jpg

@buckpillar You beat me to it. Got delivered and was open in about 15 mins. First impression the package is tiny closest to a shoe box with odd prepositions. But man for a may camera and accessories they packed it well. I'll get it hooked up this afternoon but man had to share since I was so excited.PXL_20240717_171658521_MP.jpg.7c5b9489643d5a7afbc70d8bffbca592.jpgPXL_20240717_171749267_MP.jpg.3f4ba90cb7c19b0c6b7e9f64215224e5.jpgPXL_20240717_172116385_MP.jpg.6fc0f574356532cce733b15a430b307d.jpgPXL_20240717_172330767_MP.jpg.e1d2e7b1485c56b116aef6f7760ad11a.jpg

Got a few head scratching moments on my first few hours on the ExPutt. 

They have points to earn... But it's unclear how exactly you earn them. Making putts in practice does it for the most part but didn't seam to get any on challenge.

Multiplayer crashed on my twice so not sure if that was just my Internet or what. 

Short putts always were way left (3.0+ path) even though my longer putts were +-0.5 path 

In multiplayer & challenge had a few 5' putts go 20'??? And some 30 footers go 20 ft past or 15 ft short. I know there was some break or slope but what? 

I may have some calibration or lighting issues so we will keep messing with it and see. 

Also I have a few ideas/ experiments to see how true it is.

12 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Got a few head scratching moments on my first few hours on the ExPutt. 

They have points to earn... But it's unclear how exactly you earn them. Making putts in practice does it for the most part but didn't seam to get any on challenge.

Multiplayer crashed on my twice so not sure if that was just my Internet or what. 

Short putts always were way left (3.0+ path) even though my longer putts were +-0.5 path 

In multiplayer & challenge had a few 5' putts go 20'??? And some 30 footers go 20 ft past or 15 ft short. I know there was some break or slope but what? 

I may have some calibration or lighting issues so we will keep messing with it and see. 

Also I have a few ideas/ experiments to see how true it is.

On mine, the club path seems slightly off, consistently slightly left, but the actual ball direction on screen seems to be good so for now, it hasn't bothered me too much.

I never thought about lighting issues as a potential cause though. I may try swap directions and see how it reads.

On the multiplayer, I quickly learnt you have to look at the top right to see the break past the hole. If you go too far you can go onto heavy downslopes that roll you off the green.

Edited by MissionMan

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

Just the short time I have putted I found that I cut across the ball but leave the face open to hit straight putts. One thing I picked up on is that if you slow you backswing and accelerate through you become more consistent with the distance. Seems like when I would putt normal I would blow it by without even hitting breaks to peek in the hole.

Lighting is a key factor, the brighter you are able to make the area the better the performance results. I placed an LED work light on a TRIPOD to shine onto the mat, seems to have made a difference.

Going to place a very thin piece of cardboard or something similar under the area where the ball is placed to make it ready. I seen when I would ground the putter the ball would shift at times and I'm thinking it is due to my family room carpet. More to come on this idea.

Over all right now It's taking a lot to get used too, but looking forward to the process and getting better.

MyGolfSpys have a Great night!

Btw- Right now my new Lombardi Golf 777 putter is out performing the Odyssey AI#1 CH putter I tested last year on the simulator.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com