If you had to pick one OEM for all 14 clubs, which one and why?

Would have to be Titleist. The irons were a close second behind my Mizunos when I got fit, and Vokeys and GT driver and 3 wood are in the bag for sure. If someone wanted to give me a Scotty, I’d be okay with that too!

I'd pick Titleist because I've mostly played them: driver, 3W, 5W. But I've only played Maltby irons, so I should probably do a fitting.

Currently using Cleveland wedges and a Mizuno putter, so I'm all over the place.

Titleist has a great track record top to bottom, so I'd feel most confident going with them.

Driver - Titleist 913 D2 (9.5) | 3-Wood - Titleist 915 D2 (15) | 3-Hybrid - Maltby KE4 Tour TC (19)

4I-PW - Snake -Eyes 685X Forged (24-47)

GW - Maltby TSW (50) | SW, LW - Cleveland RTX 4 (56, 60)

Putter - Mizuno M Craft Type IV

On 7/29/2024 at 9:45 AM, Dropping2 said:

My bag is already 13-1 Ping.  G410 driver, G425 3, 5 wood.  G430 7 wood.  I210 irons.  S159 54/58 wedges.  Newport putter.  I have an Anser Milled (2012) I could easily play to complete the bag.  I most likely never switch brands.  I prefer cast irons for the durability.  Other company' cast offereings dont appeal tobme.  They're easy to hit.  They look good.  They're a local company with great service.  

All things considered, isn't it great that we don't have to go with one brand name if we don't want to?

We have to BUY our golf clubs.

Nobody is paying us to play them.

The company's tour van doesn't follow us around taking care of our every whim.

I agree that the thread is a fun one--what if we had to choose one OEM?

But if we're not getting the perks for doing that, anything goes, and that's good.

I kind of wrestled with this one, because there's a number of OEMs that I would have picked for various reasons. I think in the end, I have to go Callaway. I've always gotten along just fine with their drivers, woods, and irons. Cobra was a close second for the same reason. I wanted to seriously consider W/S and Cleveland, but I've never gotten along with their drivers. And if you can't get off the tee, then what's the point?

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

Ping  would be my choice and presently that's really what's in my bag other than a Cameron putter.  I just like the feel of the clubs and how well they are gapped.

Present set:

Ping G430 10k driver, Ping G425 3wd, G430 3 Hybrid, G425 4 Hybrid, i525 irons 5-P, Ping Pro Forged wedges 50,56,58 and a Scotty Cameron 7.5 Putter .

Sooo, I just got fitted a few weeks ago. I went into the fitting hoping to buy the Mizuno irons, but after the session it was clear that the Ping irons work best for me. And since I already have Ping, driver, 3 wood and hybrid, my answer is Ping.

Because I’m a 6’5” lefty and often find fewer options, I would stay with Sub70. Great selection through the bag and I have found them to be a great company to work with. 

Driver: Stealth+, stiff VA composites Nemesys. 

3wood: Cobra speedzone (16*) stiff Tensei

hybrid: TBD

Irons: Sub70 combo all RAW finish 5-7 659 CB, 8-AW 659 TC 

Wedges: Sub70 JB Raw full groove 54* ( 10* bounce), 60* ( 6* bounce)

Putter: Rife 2 bar ( but this can change daily )

Tough choice but do to location, wide variety of clubs, fitting options and quality build it would be PXG.  They continue to improve their products every version and I'm very impressed with their customer service too.  Second runner up by a hair - Mizuno - no comment necessary!

Chris Cejka

I’ve jumped on the Sub 70 train. Great stuff and my wife doesn’t get as mad when the clubs are 1/2 the price of the big OEMs she sees at the store!

D - Tour Edge E722, HZRDUS Black 70, 6.5

3W - Callaway Paradym, Tensei White 75, X Flex

Hybrid - Sub 70 949 Pro 19*, HZRDUS Black 90, 6.5

Utility - Srixon ZX 23*, DG X100

5-PW - Sub 70 659 CB, DG X100

52/56/60* - Mizuno T22/Sub 70 286/Sub 70 JB, DG X100

P - Odyssey Eleven, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball - Maxfli Tour

I would probably go with Callaway based on past experience.

not sure who I would avoid. I haven’t hit Titleist irons recently but in the past they were tough on me

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

I would go Titleist and Taylormade. I love Titleist irons but haven’t been able to get into a Titleist wood that I’ve ever felt comfortable with. Taylormade would definitely be my choice in woods.

PXG O811 XF Driver

PXG 0341X 3 Wood

PXG 0317X 3 Hybrid

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-A Irons

Vokey 52 and 56 degree Wedges

Greenspeed VS-7 Putter 

I would go Titleist and Taylormade. I love Titleist irons but haven’t been able to get into a Titleist wood that I’ve ever felt comfortable with. Taylormade would definitely be my choice in woods.

PXG O811 XF Driver

PXG 0341X 3 Wood

PXG 0317X 3 Hybrid

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-A Irons

Vokey 52 and 56 degree Wedges

Greenspeed VS-7 Putter 

Kind of easy for me…became a Callaway player for almost a decade now.  Absolutely love the feel and nothing performs better for me at fitting.  For some reason the new line of Taylor Made just don’t work with my swing.

And I would top it off with Chrome Tour golf balls

:callaway-small: Paradigm Smoke Max D Driver

:callaway-small: Paradigm Smoke 3/5 wood

:callaway-small: Paradigm Smoke 4/5 hybrid

:callaway-small: Paradigm Smoke 6- A irons

:callaway-small: Jaws sand wedge 54/58 degrees

:cleveland-small:  Frontline Elevado

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour/ Soft Xballs

Titleist have been in my bag for 30+ years. Have been to fittings with other OEM’s but so far haven’t found any others that I like better.

I’m playing 3-4 times a week with a bag full of Titleist clubs. 

I have slowly moved to Taylormade recently from having a mixed bag. Love the feel of their woods at impact. Haven't switched to their wedges or putter but I know both are thought of very highly. From an accessory standpoint they have also been knocking it out of the park with the bags and headcovers for the majors so wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of those.

Go Green! Go Golf!

Right now, I have about 200 TM clubs and then 1/3 of that in Mizuno. However, I was recently gifted a set of Haywoods from my spouse and so far I’m really digging them. 

M5, ST-Zs, Apex 99s, T22s, Rossa TP Daytona, and Mauve Ball for my cone sensitivity. 

- One Happy Golfer

Mizuno makes up the majority of my bag normally, and I swapped in a few clubs to play a single OEM for fun a few weeks ago. I was bringing a buddy that doesn't have his own clubs so I set him up with an old set along with my gamer hybrid and driver. So my set was:

• Mizuno OMOI 4 putter (normal gamer)
  • Mizuno T22 wedges (58/54) (normal gamers)
  • Mizuno JPX921 irons (#4-Gap) (normal gamers)
  • Mizuno Fli-Hi utility/driving irons (#2 and #3)
  • Mizuno ST-G 220

It helped that it was a really short course so the top of the bag being not my normal gamers wasn't too bad. And really I just wanted an excuse to hit 2 iron on a course, something I'll not put in the bag if I'm actually trying to score. A positive though: of the three times I hit 2 iron, all three were good strikes though with a bit of a push-fade, unfortunately one of those was on a tee shot where you cannot miss right - oh well.

For me, Mizuno is top-tier for irons and wedges, and the milled face OMOI putters are equivalent or better than what I'd have from any other OEM. Utility irons are great, though I wouldn't game those normally - so the top of the bag is where I need to go to other OEMs. The driver isn't bad by any means, but it really doesn't suit my taste; I normally game a Cobra Radspeed so it's a big switch to a Mizuno driver with a glossy crown and a very titanium-y sound.

I actually probably wouldn't game a full Mizuno bag if I had to for a competitive round. The top of the bag not suiting me would be an issue. Quick ranking of what I would:

1. Ping (top-tier woods, forged irons and wedges, fine putters)
  2. Callaway (great woods, great forged irons, the new Opus wedges are really similar to T22s, just meh putters)
  3. Taylormade (better putters than Callaway, but I like their woods and wedges less)
  4. Mizuno (top-tier irons and wedges, but their woods are not my favorite)
  5. Titleist (those glossy titanium-y woods are really not my favorite, I like forged wedges more than Vokeys)
  6. Cobra (love their woods from the F9 to Radspeed lines, don't care for the rest of their offerings)

Funny enough, Mizuno and Titleist are my favorite brands but I REALLY don't like their drivers, fairway woods, or hybrids. And that would realistically knock them out of the choice for a single-OEM bag. Realistically, I feel that any of the top OEMs can make a forged player iron that's comparable to any other top OEM, and that it really comes down to the fitting (shaft/lie/etc.). But I'd really just need a matte driver crown and a muted carbon sound to feel comfortable and confident with driver off the tee.

Driver:   :cobra-small: RadSpeed 9°
Fairway: :ping-small: G410 14.5°
Irons:     :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged
Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50°/54°/58°
Putter:    :ping-small: Redwood Anser

Probably Titleist.. but I'd like to try some Mizuno woods because from Irons down, I think they look and perform great and I have been very pleased with my M.Craft OMOI VI Putter. 

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver; Graphite Design Tour AD VF-6 S / UB-6 S

Screenshot2024-06-20102512.png.a4eca7a6af0020b932f510c44dcd4abe.png  Paradym Ai Smoke Max 3HL 16.5: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

default_ping-small.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 75 S. Set to 20*

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S. Set to 23*

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 DC 5-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX 54: Rotex Wedge; CBX2 Zipcore 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

Screenshot2024-06-20102640.png.8ddd17fe8171208d828937758e6ebd54.png M.Craft OMOI Type 06

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  ProV1x ; Linksmaster Bag

I have gone with PXG for everything except the putter.  KABOOM Baby!  

I used to be a Callaway guy, but they have seemed to go away from clubs that have a good feel to them.  

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Regular graphite shafts, +1" in length & 2* Upright

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). PXG Gen 6 10.5*

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

On 7/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, Chux13 said:

I would honestly stick to the PXG brand. I have had nothing but great success since the swap from the Callaway/Odyssey pipeline. Ask me this 4 years ago, and I would have probably gone back to Callaway as PXG was still struggling with woods/putters at the time. Putter would probably be my lowest rank in their offerings, but good enough to make it through with a full bag. Add in the massive amount of accessories, a pretty decent ball, and unwavering support for military and first responders, and you have a winner in my book for a complete OEM overhaul.

Sounds like my story!  Although I wish Callaway the best as a stock holder!

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Regular graphite shafts, +1" in length & 2* Upright

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). PXG Gen 6 10.5*

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

3 minutes ago, Saturday Morning Sherpa said:

Sounds like my story!  Although I wish Callaway the best as a stock holder!

Great reason to root for Callaway :D. I honestly hope all OEM's continue to tear it up. The better they all do, the better the competition and innovation to stand out, the more WE win as a consumer!!

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

Tough questions.  While I only have Driver and wedges currently from them, I think I would pick Ping.  Have always ended up with them for driver, and even though I haven't been in market for a fairway wood this year, have loved them whenever I have tried them.  Never landed on their irons when shopping, i also don't replace irons often.  I think they are a stron contender for the next set.  Love the new wedges, they are awesome.   And they literally inveted the most popular putter style in the market (see every brand has a copy).  Something tells me I could find a putter I like.

What would I not select...Taylor Made.  Never have been a fan of the woods (driver or fairway).  Haven't hit an iron in a long time from them, but not eager to.  

Driver: Ping 410 max

5-Wood: Wilson Dynapower

Hybrid: Titelist 818H2 

Irons: Calloway Apex 16

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0e 58, Ping S159s 54

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premiere 11 

All Left Handed!  

Tough questions.  While I only have Driver and wedges currently from them, I think I would pick Ping.  Have always ended up with them for driver, and even though I haven't been in market for a fairway wood this year, have loved them whenever I have tried them.  Never landed on their irons when shopping, i also don't replace irons often.  I think they are a strong contender for the next set.  Love the new wedges, they are awesome.   And they literally invented the most popular putter style in the market (see every brand has a copy).  Something tells me I could find a putter I like.

What would I not select...Taylor Made.  Never have been a fan of the woods (driver or fairway).  Haven't hit an iron in a long time from them, but not eager to.  Nothing at all worong with them, just never appealed to me.

Edited by B_Cdn

Driver: Ping 410 max

5-Wood: Wilson Dynapower

Hybrid: Titelist 818H2 

Irons: Calloway Apex 16

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0e 58, Ping S159s 54

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premiere 11 

All Left Handed!  

I'm currently in the PXG family, I'm only on my 2nd set of clubs ever, and currently in the PXG family for the entire bag. Did go through a fitting process with them and did some fitting with Taylormade, Callaway, and Titleist.

PXG was my favorite and with the sale/deals going on ended up being one of the least expensive options at the time. 

Didn't thinks I was gonna end up having the entire bag re-worked so quickly, but loved it and here I am.

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

I would go either Taylor Made or Callaway, I like TM's irons and Callaway's woods, but if we are going with their newer stuff the QI line isn't bad at all so an allTaylor Made bag wouldn't be that bad. 

Rama 

When I was a kid in the early '80s, my dad came home with a set of Ping Eye2 irons that looked like they came from the distant future.  At the time I was also caddying at a local club and the guys who were playing these totally futuristic irons (and crazy shaped putters) all seemed to be one step ahead of the old stodgy dudes playing MacGregors and Hogans. 

Fast forward years later, and I was ready to buy my own first set of NEW clubs after years of playing hand-me-downs and used sets (never got the Eye 2s out of my Dad's hands), and clubfitting was something that was pretty much limited to pros...except for Ping who made customization of length and lie angles standard for all club sales.  I'm 6'6" and need longer shafts anyway, so I would up buying a set of ISI's that I played for about 20 years (3 years ago).  It wasn't that I didn't try/demo other clubs, but nothing seemed to fit my eye or perform better than my wacky looking cast Pings.  Finally bought some 425s a couple years ago.

I've also used exactly 2 putters over the past 30isn years, both pings.  

Through the years, I've also experimented with Callaway, Taylor Made and even an Orlimar driver.  But with my most recent driver, fairway wood and hybrid purchases I'm 100% Ping in the bag and couldn't be happier.

Callaway would be my choice...(even though I currently play Mizuno Irons).  I had played Callaway for the last 10 years before the switch.  I am not convinced the Mizuno's are better than what I had with Callaway. I think my main reason I would pick them over others are they have very good leading edge tech, and I really like their wedges.  I have tried several other manufacturers but continue to use Callaways.  They have plenty of very good putters in Odyssey and I've putted with a Toulon model which would be an easy switch from back my Piretti.     

Edited by Mark Evans

MJEinSA

Interesting thought. I would go towards TaylorMade for my full set, mainly because I know the drivers tend to fit me better than other brands. 

Ping would be a close second. Titleist and Mizuno would be just behind them, but I have never found a driver I like from either of them. 

TM SLDR 430 9*

Callaway Pro 3w

Nickent 17* 

Callaway Apex 4-pw

Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58

TM Rossa Putter

Wow, great subject and my answer would be Titleist every time. Irons, Yep, T200 5 to PW, wedges, Yep Vokey 50, 54, 58, putter, Yep Scotty Cameron Newport, even the Pro V1, but when it comes to driver, i’m just not a Titleist fan. I’ve been using a TM BRNR 300 for several years now mainly because of the length and dispersion that I cannot get with a full size driver. I’ve tried several Titleist drivers and just don’t get the consistency that I do with the mini. I’m not sure there is a company that can check all the boxes for every golfer although I believe Titleist is really close in my opinion.

Edited by Pfaugh

Currently in the bag:

default_taylormade-small.jpg.8268978f68e9a2c285b5da0ecf4800af.jpg  BRNR 300 Mini
default_taylormade-small.jpg.8268978f68e9a2c285b5da0ecf4800af.jpg Sim2 Max Steel 3W & 7W
default_taylormade-small.jpg.8268978f68e9a2c285b5da0ecf4800af.jpg M6 5i to PW
default_vokey-small.gif.935516f418922e887743b1b4d69cb70d.gif SM10 50º, 54º & 58º
default_titelist-small.jpg.4967a5cd8da77437ae9567d5750d4b36.jpg Scotty Cameron Newport Putter
default_footjoy-small.gif.d8729b81b8e2f52d22e3868491f8ea60.gif  HyperFlex Shoes, WeatherSof Glove
1590477705_SunMountain.png.2290cdecb938c5f334666927157d7908.png Speed Cart (hurting unit, needs to be replaced, badly)
default_srixon-small.jpg.72b878cd620906d15aaeef3baade6a8b.jpg Z-Star or default_titelist-small.jpg.4967a5cd8da77437ae9567d5750d4b36.jpg Pro-V1