The Value Bag...

Who doesn't like a deal!? While I must admit that I love the newest gear as much as the next golfer, I struggle to find the value in purchasing this equipment. Therefore, my bag is made up of items that I DO like (I'm actually very happy with my current setup) but that have been added to the bag to satisfy my "good-value" proposition of buying equipment. Needless to say, eBay is my preferred retailer in this endeavor but

Driver: Ping G430 LST, Project X Evenflow Black. (Great story on this one. Had a G410 for nearly 3 year, split the crown from tip to tail, sent to Ping, they sent me the G430 at no cost and even let me keep my Project X shaft plus sent a Kai'li white as well. I love you, Ping!)

3 Wood: Titleist 915F, Mitsubishi Diamana ("Hey, you owe me $45 for that tournament. Actually, I love that 3 Wood you lent me. Even trade? Sweet...")

2 Hybrid: Ping G410, Project X Evenflow Black (Solid eBay find years ago, don't even remember the price. I just hit this club well, whether it's set to 16° or 19° so it's not going anywhere anytime soon)

Irons (4-pw): Cobra King Tour (2023), Dynamic Gold 120X. (Purchased this winter from eBay. The set was unhit. Plastic still on the face of all but 2 clubs. The price was ridiculously low. Nobody bid on them. Got them for half off retail. Now, to be fair, I did know what I was getting as they were on my "I like these" list but definitely weren't at the top. That being said, I REALLY like these irons after having them. More than happy I got them, especially considering the price.)

Wedges (50,54,60): Cobra Snakebite 2023, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0. (Another crazy eBay find. A completely random seller that had absolutely ZERO golf equipment had these listed. Again, they were brand new. He had 48,50,52,54,56,58, and 60. I made an offer for 3 clubs at $180 total. Offer excepted. Basically 3 for the price of 1. Always liked Cobra wedges and these work well for me) 

Putter: Odyssey Jailbreak Mini. (Finally, I purchased something at retail. However, I did use the 50% over trade in value sale and had a couple older sticks, so it came out to about half off)

Ball: Maxfli Tour X (No surprise. On the value / performance chart, there is none higher. And the testing MGS has done with this ball gives me plenty of ammo when people say "Maxfli!? Seriously!?" Such a good ball. Such as good price.

And that's my Value Bag. It might not be the sexiest, but the clubs work well for me and I didn't spend a fortune to acquire them. 

Driver: cobra speed max stiff tensei shaft at 10.5. GP medium tour velvet align. Probably going to be my next upgrade as my swing is improving I can see the lift has been killing my distance. 

3/4W Cobra F8 stiff shaft. Don’t use this club too often.

3H Taylormade burner, old trusty

4-9 Titleist T300’s, regular stiffness but shortened .25”. Just got these last year and they’re great for my game. I wish they’re weren’t so heavy. No regrets but next time I’d go with the T200’s.

P/A wedge T300’s

54/56 Titleist Vokey SM4’s oil can’s. I take my 60 out sometimes but the 56 works perfect me. 54 is my sand wedge. I love these, buddy gave them to me a long time ago and I just keep maintaining them. 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2. Unless stolen this putter will never be replaced. I love this thing and the feel of it. I’ve only used two putters my whole life but sampled over 20. 

Balls: Bridgestone RSX. Doesn’t match my swing speed but I love the feel off the iron face and around the greens. 

My family are everything to me, my career and golf. In that specific order. I’m lucky enough to have a supportive wife who also enjoys the game. Playing together is actually a pleasure.

9.5 Callaway AI smoke tensei pro blue 1k shaft

Callaway AI smoke 3 hybrid

Callaway apex 4 hybrid

Callaway apex DCB irons 5 through AW

Vokey 52 F grind

Vokey 56 K grind

Vokey 60 D gring

odyssey jailbird putter 

chrome tour ball

Garmin s70 watch

Golf

Disney

• Driver: Callaway Paradym 9°
  • FW: Callaway Paradym 3w and 5W
  • Hy: Callaway Apex 21 4 and 5
  • Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-GW
  • Wedges: 2024 Ben Hogan 52°, & Ping Glide4 58°
  • Putter: Odyssey EXO Marksman
  • Ball Bridgestone B RX
  • Bag: Sun Mountain carry.  

Cheers,

KV

Driver 12*, 3W, 3H: Ping G430 Max, regular flex CB65

5I-AW: Srixon ZK5 Mk II, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 regular flex

54* and 60*: Vokey SM10, standard shafts

Putter: some old ass Ping Redwood with big grip

Ball: Srixon Q-Tour

Bag: Sunday Ryder 23 

Tim

Edited by timmytva

What's in my bag that I like...

Irons: Adams Idea Irons 2023 5-AW. I purchased these a few weeks ago when they went on sale at the PGA superstore online and I absolutely love them. I previously had Callaway Mavricks and for some reason, they just didn't work for me. I wasn't fitted for irons, but I did hit the Mavricks before buying them. In the store, everything was fine but on the course... different story. After a year, I sold them on FB. 

Driver: Adams Idea driver. Love this thing. Shortly after I purchased the irons, I bought the driver as well. I only played one round with it and can't wait to get back out there again. I previously used a Ping G425 Max and it was fine, but I just wanted something new. 

Chipper: Orlimar. I love this club! I bought it off of eBay and it's so fun and easy to use. Some of my friends make fun of it but it comes in handy a few times every round.

What's in my bag that I don't like...

Wedges: Lazrus. I would happily replace these ASAP. I only bought them because of the cheap price. I have a 52, 56, and 60 but at the moment I am carrying only the 56. My short game is easily the worst part of my golf game.

Woods: 3W, 5W, 7W - Lazrus. They were really cheap. Don't care for them at all but, they work... sorta. I would replace them today if I could.

Putter: Lazrus Blade Putter. Purchased because it was cheap. It works for now. 

I am tempted to trash all of my Lazrus clubs and buy new ones, but I think I'll wait it out. After I improve I plan to have a full fitting.

Driver - TAYLORMADE SIM2MAX

Fairway Woods - 3WOOD SIM2 MAX

Hybrid - 3 HYBRID ADAMS GOLF TIGHT LIES

Irons - Mizuno 921 hot metal irons 4-GW

Wedges - Titleist SM9 46 08,   Titleist SM8  56 08,   Titleist SM9 60 08

Putter - Scotty Cameron phantom 5 2022

Ball -prov1

Glove- Taylormade TP

Bag-  Titleist  Cart 14 

Edited by Mckee757

Seems like this is the best option for a first post 😅 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9 degrees knocked down to 7.5 with a PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 66g X-Stiff shaft. Originally fit at 7.5 I couldn’t control the face so played it at 9 but after some lessons I’ve learnt to hit a lot better 

Fairway wood: Ping G425 5 wood 19 degrees with a PING ALTA CB Black 65 62g stiff shaft. Bought this when I was new to golf and didn’t really know about fittings that well, have picked up some speed since and could do with a X-Stiff shaft but budget depending. 

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 21 degrees with a  Diamana stiff shaft. Handed down to me when I started and it’s always done a good enough job so not high on the list for replacements 

Irons: Ping S55 4-PW all with Dynamic Gold stiff shafts. These were handed down to me from my brother when I first started playing. I have recently been fitted for Titleist T150s 4-PW half inch longer all with project X 6.5 X-Stiff shafts however currently don’t have the budget for this purchase but hopefully not too far off. 

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50 with 10 bounce 54 with 10 bounce and 58 with 12 bounce. My wedges were 8 years old so did me no favours, got fitted for these and they have been doing wonders. 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X putter. Got this for a Christmas present so not fit for it but it’s a Scotty so can’t really go wrong. 

Edited by BenMolloy123
Posted too many times

BM

WITB 

Driver - TM Stealth 2 HD Fujikura Ventus Red Regular flex. This is the only club I’ve been fitted for. 

3W - Callaway Steelhead III, hand me down club from my dad. Still a great club, probably not as long as newer fairway woods. 

Hybrid - TM M6 3-hybrid Project X HZRDUS Smoke Stiff Flex.

Irons - MacGregor MT-Pro 5-PW UST Recoil Smacwrap 780 graphite shaft stiff flex. Recent upgraded from my hand me down Ping i3’s O-size. Definitely a big change going to forged blades from a larger cavity back iron. Definitely not as forgiving but I feel like my ball striking is improving because I need to be hitting it pure. Decided to give the new MacGregor line a try because I started off playing MacGregor clubs way back in the day. 

Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52 degree SM6 F grind, 56 degree SM6 S grind and 60 degree SM9 K grind. Purchased after using Titleist wedge selector. 

Putter - Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab Rossie D

Ball - ProV1 if I feel like treating myself. Recently tried Vice Pro or Pro Plus and have enjoyed using them. 

Bag - Ping Hoofer 3

Pushcart - Bagboy Nitron. New purchase this year, as I like to walk and carrying for 18 can add to getting tired faster. 

GPS/Watch - Garmin Approach S70. Nice having the course info on my wrist and keeping track of my score and shot accuracy. Yardage is almost spot on to laser rangefinders, maybe a yard difference if any difference at all. 

GolfSpy has played a factor into some of what’s in my bag, as I do find the equipment review and member reviews helpful. 

IMG_0054.jpeg

D - TM Stealth 2 HD - Fujikura Ventus Red

3W - Callaway Steelhead III

3HY - TM M6 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX

5-PW - MacGregor MT-Pro - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap

52 - Titleist SM6

56 - Titleist SM6

60 - Titleist SM9

P - Odyssey EXO Rossie

WITB 

Driver - TM Stealth 2 HD Fujikura Ventus Red Regular flex. This is the only club I’ve been fitted for. 

3W - Callaway Steelhead III, hand me down club from my dad. Still a great club, probably not as long as newer fairway woods. 

Hybrid - TM M6 3-hybrid Project X HZRDUS Smoke Stiff Flex.

Irons - MacGregor MT-Pro 5-PW UST Recoil Smacwrap 780 graphite shaft stiff flex. Recent upgraded from my hand me down Ping i3’s O-size. Definitely a big change going to forged blades from a larger cavity back iron. Definitely not as forgiving but I feel like my ball striking is improving because I need to be hitting it pure. Decided to give the new MacGregor line a try because I started off playing MacGregor clubs way back in the day. 

Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52 degree SM6 F grind, 56 degree SM6 S grind and 60 degree SM9 K grind. Purchased after using Titleist wedge selector. 

Putter - Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab Rossie D

Ball - ProV1 if I feel like treating myself. Recently tried Vice Pro or Pro Plus and have enjoyed using them. 

Bag - Ping Hoofer 3

Pushcart - Bagboy Nitron. New purchase this year, as I like to walk and carrying for 18 can add to getting tired faster. 

GPS/Watch - Garmin Approach S70. Nice having the course info on my wrist and keeping track of my score and shot accuracy. Yardage is almost spot on to laser rangefinders, maybe a yard difference if any difference at all. 

GolfSpy has played a factor into some of what’s in my bag, as I do find the equipment review and member reviews helpful. 

IMG_0054.jpeg

D - TM Stealth 2 HD - Fujikura Ventus Red

3W - Callaway Steelhead III

3HY - TM M6 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX

5-PW - MacGregor MT-Pro - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap

52 - Titleist SM6

56 - Titleist SM6

60 - Titleist SM9

P - Odyssey EXO Rossie

TSR2 Driver 9 degree with Oban Isawa Gold shaft

TSR2 3wood with Oban Revenge

Miura 21 Degree hybrid with Steel fiber shaft

Ping 425 24 Degree hybrid with steel fiber shaft

5 - gap wedge Miura CB 301 Irons steel fiber shafts

Miura Y grind 51 degree wedge with Recoil shaft

Cleveland 58 degree 8 degree bounce with recoil shaft

Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2 putter

W S Mitchell

Driver - Titleist TSI3, got fitted for this back in 2020, previous drivers were Callaway HyperX and Taylormade R540 Original so the upgrade in driver was DEFINITELY needed. I gained ~10 yards off the tee and feel like I can control my tee shots better. 

Woods/FW Metals - I don’t play woods or metals currently. I haven’t found any that I feel confident in, so I don’t keep any in the bag. I do have a 4 rescue wood (Taylormade Rescue Mid from 2005)

Irons - Taylormade RBZ 4-AW. Love these irons. I got them in ~ 2016/2017 as an upgrade to my Callaway X16 steelheads, which I also loved. My swing speed was insane coming off of those heavy steelheads!! The PW and AW are my preferred lofts too, so I don’t have to leave them out of the set.

Wedge - Vokey SM7 58 degree, first time I experimented with different bounces and stuff. I didn’t know how much could go into a club. I spent a good day with a Titleist rep hitting and chipping with different clubs. 

Putter - Odyssey Dual Force II blade from 2005. Regripped this putter a few years back with a SuperStroke and fell back in love with this putter. Smooth rolling for me and no matter what ball, I get a soft feel off the face. I average around 34 putts/round so I can’t complain!!

I don’t change clubs often, and I am often using the oldest tech among my friends, but I always play for feel, so unless they get too old (as was the case with my driver or irons), I won’t change them out.

I have been thinking lately of getting some new irons. I like the Wilson Staff models to get out of game improvement irons, but definitely need to take some time and swing a bunch. Might not make a change, but that’s the only clubs that I have any thoughts about changing. Or if I can find some woods that I like!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9 degrees knocked down to 7.5 with a PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 66g X-Stiff shaft. Originally fit at 7.5 I couldn’t control the face so played it at 9 but after some lessons I’ve learnt to hit a lot better 

Fairway wood: Ping G425 5 wood 19 degrees with a PING ALTA CB Black 65 62g stiff shaft. Bought this when I was new to golf and didn’t really know about fittings that well, have picked up some speed since and could do with a X-Stiff shaft but budget depending. 

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 21 degrees with a  Diamana stiff shaft. Handed down to me when I started and it’s always done a good enough job so not high on the list for replacements 

Irons: Ping S55 4-PW all with Dynamic Gold stiff shafts. These were handed down to me from my brother when I first started playing. I have recently been fitted for Titleist T150s 4-PW half inch longer all with project X 6.5 X-Stiff shafts however currently don’t have the budget for this purchase but hopefully not too far off. 

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50 with 10 bounce 54 with 10 bounce and 58 with 12 bounce. My wedges were 8 years old so did me no favours, got fitted for these and they have been doing wonders. 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X putter. Got this for a Christmas present so not fit for it but it’s a Scotty so can’t really go wrong. 

BM

Driver:   Callaway AI smoke triple Diamond  10.5*

Fairway Metals:   Callaway AI smoke triple Diamond 3 wood, Callaway AI smoke triple Diamond 7 wood. 

Irons: Callaway 24 Apex CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey sm10 50/08 F, Vokey sm10 54/10 S , Vokey SM 9 60/04 T 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 11 Long

Ghost Golf GT14 cart bag

I’ve got a bit of a situation as far as my WITB. I recently got fit for clubs and it came down to Mizuno JPX 923 Forged or Srixon ZX5/7 combo (4-6, 7-G). I ended up going with the JPX Forged with modus3 120X shafts. When I went to pick them up, another fitter saw my old Mizunos, he collects, and offered a trade straight up for a brand new set of Srixon ZX5/7 combos with Project X LZ 6.5 shafts (the shafts I used in my previous irons). Given the value of the trade I jumped at it, but I can’t decide which I should play. I’ve played both, tested both on trackman. I think there’s pros and cons to both, and I feel like I need to make a decision, sell the other set and commit. The JPX seem to be more forgiving top to bottom, and launch it much easier. However, when I’m playing well I am a long/high speed high launch player so sometimes I find my pitching wedge and gap wedge carry outpace my wedges and leave a gap in the scoring clubs. The Srixons seem to be a little less forgiving, but hit the distances and heights that I prefer, but when I’m not playing well I notice the slight difference in forgiveness. Feels like the Srixons fit better when I’m playing well, Mizunos better when I’m not as sharp. 

Do I stick with the set that fits when I’m striping it, or keep the set that lets me skate by a little when I’m off.
 Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Beyond that:

driver - Ping G430 Max Ventus Blue 6X (-.75”)

5 wood - Tour Edge Exotics from 10 years ago. 
3 hybrid - PXG XF, Ventus Blue 8x

Wedges - Titleist SM8 56S, 60S, project x 6.5x

Putter - Odyssey 7 DB

I’ve had my eyes on a 7 wood for a while, considering swapping out the hybrid and 4 iron for a 7 wood and potentially adding a third specialty wedge. 

-TK-

Driver - Taylor Made Qi10 Max 9 degrees - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5S shaft

FW - Taylor Made Qi10 5W - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S shaft tipped -.5"

FW - Taylor Made Qi10 7W - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7S shaft tipped -1.0"

Hybrids - Ping G425 4H & 5H (both turned up +1.5 degrees in loft) - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85 HY shaft - S Flex, 4H tipped -.5"; 5H tipped -1"

Irons - Ping i530 7 - UW - Project X Steel 5.5R shafts

Wedges - SM10 52.08F, 56.12M, 60.08F with Project X Steel wedge 5.5R

Putter - L.A.B. DF3 34" 71 degree, White Accra shaft, red head, heavy weight.

I have 3 Cleveland wedges; 60°; 56°; 50°. I play the Callaway Rogue Approach wedge -6 iron. Callaway 7 & 5 woods; Callaway Rouge driver; 4 Callaway Hybrid & a Mizuno mallet putter.

Playing golf is very important to me. I enjoy the integrity of the game!

Titleist TS1 Driver

Titleist TS2 3 Wood

Titleist TS2 3 Hybrid 

Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 

Cobra F7 Irons (5 thru GW)

Vokey SM5 56 Degree SW

Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Putter

Titleist TruFeel Ball

IMG_1886.jpeg

Edited by BillS68
Spelling

Hit ‘em straight, curve right!!

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X (Regular)

3-wood: Taylormade Stealth (XStiff)

3-hybrid: Callaway X-hot (XStiff)

6-iron: Taylormade Burner 2.0 (Stiff)

7-iron through GW: JPX 923 Forged (Stiff) 

Sandwedge: Taylormade R7 XD

52 degree: Titleist Vokey SM5

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 1

Ball: Usually Callaway Supersoft

Edited by samstreak

Love the WITB posts...it's so interesting to see the mix of clubs people use and the rationale behind them.  So, here's my bag...

Driver:  Mizuno ST200, Diamana White stiff shaft, 0.5" short, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Jumbo grip.  At the time, I seemed to hit this the best during my fitting.  But I wouldn't say this club is safe.  It has been love/hate and it's been put in timeout a few times.  Of course, I know I'm the problem, but I can't seem to understand why I don't hit this well, when I hit my 3 so well.

3 wood: Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon, Diamana White stiff shaft, 0.5" short, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Jumbo grip.  Out of all of the clubs in my bag, this is the safest one.  I hit this so well and consistently.  I'd love a little more height, but that's a minor nit.  Not sure why I have such a good relationship with this club, but it just works.  Do love the shallower club face compared with some 3s.

7 wood: Titleist TSi2, Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize.  This is pretty safe, too.  I wanted to replace my hybrid and get something that was going to have a bit more elevation because my hybrid, though I hit it pretty well, didn't have a lot of height and thus couldn't hold the green on the 210-yard par 3 on my old course.  The 7 goes about the same distance, but the descent angle is far better for holding a green.  Really love the feel of this club.

Irons: Mizuno MP223, 4-GW Nippon Modus 120 X-stiff, Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize grip.  Was updating my previous Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal clubs, which I liked, but I wanted a bit more feel.  I hit the Titleist T-100s clubs and really liked them, comboed with T-200 4-6 irons.  But I tried the Mizuno MP line on their demo day thinking I would end up with the MP225s.  Hitting the MP223s with the Nippon shafts, I was sold.  Great feel, and my trackman numbers were ideal.  These are pretty safe for another season or two, maybe longer.  Though, as I get older, I might need to look into moving back down into a stiff shaft.  We'll see.

Wedges: Edison 1.0 wedges, 55 and 59 degrees, KBS Tour stiff shafts, Lamkin midsize grips.  I was looking for something, anything to replace my CBX-2 wedges, which were just so inconsistent when compared to my prior Cleveland blade-style wedges.  Edison's sales pitch had some appeal, so I decided to give them a shot.  It has been a bit of a mixed bag.  Do like them for half shots and farther out to full shots, as they are very consistent and I feel like they have good distance control.  Not very crazy about them around the green, though.  The consistency drops a bit, which is probably more a function of my swing than the club, but I just lack confidence with them in terms of how the ball will come off them from shot to shot.  So these are probably not safe once I find something that gives me more confidence.

Putter:  Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s.  My newest addition.  I got fit for this (first time for a putter) and went through the entire algorithm to find out that my previous putters (Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 and Mizuno M-II) were both ill-suited for my swing, as they are very toe biased.  I need something neutral.  After hitting a few different brands, I felt the most confident with the Titleist, and ordered it with a midsize grip.  I find I hit my starting line far better than I ever have (and it's a pretty big difference).  Still getting used to distance control with it, but my putting has improved in terms of direction.

The bag itself:  Nike standbag.  I bought this at silent auction at a charitable function.  It's probably 7 years old and still holding up pretty well.  It has enough storage for what I carry on a regular basis.  Probably pretty safe for the time being, too.

I was fit for all of my clubs at various times and am a big believer in it.  My next fittings, though, will probably come more at a fit-for-purpose fitting studio (or outdoors) and less at a demo days sort of setup, as I feel like they pay a little less attention to some of the smaller, but no less important, aspects of the fitting experience.  Perhaps that's my bias from watching too many Club Champion Ian & Mikey Youtube videos, but it seems to ring true in my own experience.

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

Driver - Ping G430 Max 

5/7 Wood - Cobra 

Hybrid - Tour Exotics 

Irons - Ping i430's 6-Gap Wedge

50/56/60 Wedges - Cleveland Zip Core RTX 

I live in NC, golf as often as possible, play the Amateur Players Tour when I can 

I am a Blind / visually impaired golfer here in Ireland  and my clubs are the most important thing to me in my game of golf  the have to be reliable  as everything is by touch / feel of the face  I am currently using the Taylormade p790's 2023  model  5 iron to gap wedge 49 degree  with two TM4'S 54 & 58 Degree  wedges  as the create great   feel off the face  and give me the extra spin control  I need ,    I have dialled in all my clubs to the yardage  within five yards , people  ask how have you got your clubs dialled into a five yards   it takes a lot of time and  practice  on the range  with my guides help  and patience   we  have worked out  how far each club goes  at 50 then 75 then 100% swing speed  . I Have my clubs  custom fit to me with  one inch longer shafts  in all irons  and 120 grams stiff flex and two degrees flat  ,  I do have very fast hands  with a swing speed 98mph  for my six iron and  ball  speed  156   of the face  with my driver   and for a visually impaired  golfer  I carry my driver at about 280 yards  I  am using  the QI10 max driver  set at 8.25 degrees  and a evenflow shaft for  mid to low flight  70 gram stiff shaft   then i have a stealth two five wood again with evenflow  shaft mid to low flight  70 gram stiff  then i cary a hybrid  stealth two  five hybrid  with the evenflow shaft 70 gram  and finally   i use a Taylormade GT ROLLBACK  putter  with a superstroke 5.0 grip in my putter for better feel of the face  I use a staff Taylormade stealth  Bag as it give me the room i need in a bag   for extras like waterproofs   hats and drinks and snacks 

I am only 5"9   but have great power in every shot    I use a   Titleist  pro very 1x  for better feel and touch  and I get a lot better feel  of the club face  and better spin 

I do know alot about golf clubs " Irons , woods & putters "   when I was younger I worked in a golf club fitting center for three years and   that experience  has stood  me to the better  and has given me great knowledge  of the game of golf   if you have any questions  please feel free to ask 

17234743135455796564439159460514.jpg

17234744960641852415499722667234.jpg

17234745142674384800275875433291.jpg

Oliver

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 degree, old trusty 

3 Wood: cleveland 15 degree launcher 

hybrid : Callaway xr 19 degree 

Irons: Brand new Single Length Cobra radspeed 

Wedges : cleveland RTZ-3 52, 56, 60 

Putter: Blade cobra 3d printed , 5.0 super stroke , 75 g counter balance , money   

Putter: Blade cobra 3d printed , 5.0 super stroke , 75 g counter balance , money   

Driver: Titleist Ts3 9.5 degree

Edited by djohnston0569

WITB...most of what I'm playing with right now was purchased in 2021 when I finally had the time to get back into playing regularly. Callaway MAVRIK was the hot item at the time, so that's what I bought. In retrospect, I wish I would have had a fitting and made sure what I got was the best for me...but...I haven't had any issues either.

IMG_3895.jpg.64b76e8e5a4a64b2f093a8b70a90ce74.jpg

Driver: Callaway MAVRIK 10.5 degrees dialed down to 9.5, Project X HZRDUS T800 stiff (safe for now, likely to be replaced after irons)

Fairway Wood: Callaway MAVRIK 15 degree, Project X HZRDUS T800 stiff (safe-ish...I don't really use it very often. Might bag it for gap wedge.)

Hybrid: Callaway MAVRIK 3 Hybrid, Project X Catalyst 75 stiff (safe - 2nd most confident club in my bag)

Irons: Callaway MAVRIK 5-AW, KBS Max 80 Steel stiff (next clubs to be replaced, exploring player's distance options)

Ball: I've played a lot different balls the last year or so, trying to find the right balance of value/quality. For the most part, you get what you pay for. I've settled on Maxfli Tour being the best total value right now for mid-handicappers like me, so that's what I usually play. Every once in a while I get froggy and buy some ProV1s - but they seem to be far more attracted to water and woods than the Maxfli balls are - proof that a lot of golf is completely mental.

Here's the rest of the story...

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 - 56 degree, F grind, 14 degree bounce | 60 degree, M grind, 8 degree bounce. This is another one of those lessons in "you get what you pay for." I received these wedges for Father's Day this year. I would have never put out that kind of money for wedges...until now. Now I get it...nothing matches the feel and spin they produce. These clubs are absolutely safe and will not be replaced until I wear them out.

IMG_3896.jpeg.d70b37e4fd84de00eccf3b9291a814bb.jpeg

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5+ Another one of those things I would have probably never shelled out the money for, but got it for Father's Day last year. What can I say - I raised my sons right...lol. I had always been an Odyssey guy, but that's over now. This club is also absolutely safe, probably for life.

IMG_3897.jpg.affb3eb0cab740835dae14a3884fb468.jpg

Most important club in my bag: Tommy Armour 845 2 iron, True Temper Dynamic Gold x100 shaft. All the technology and improvements in golf clubs over the last few decades, and the one club I have the most confidence in is a 35-year old 2 iron. This club was part of my Dad's set of 845s that he purchased in the late 80's/early 90's. He sent them to me in the late 90's, and used them until I bought this set in 2021...but I kept the 2 iron. It is my fairway finder, my rescue club, whatever I need it to be. I am always entertained when one my sons decides they want to try and hit it...it's like an old car that only the owner knows how to start. No matter how bad I'm playing, I will somehow hit this club pure almost every time.

IMG_3898.jpeg.c08282c24cfee5b960a2e5e6ece44642.jpeg

Callaway Mavrik 10.5 loft, dialed down to 9.5

Callaway Mavrik 3 Wood 15 loft

Tommy Armour 845 2 iron 

Callaway Mavrik 3 Hybrid

Callaway Mavrik irons (5-AW)

Vokey SM9 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5+

Cobra Aerojet Max driver. Aerojet 3 and 5 woods, 4 and 5 hybrids. Aerojet irons, 6 through 9 bent 2 degrees up. Edison original forged wedges, 45, 49, 53, 57 degrees. Mizuno Omoi M.Craft 06 putter with 13 gram weights. 

Ping G400 woods, hybrids, irons. 

Driver Callaway Triple Diamond Ventus Black 7x

5 wood Titleist 913 Ventus Black 7x

3 iron AGrind (Japan only) Tour AD 7x

Irons Mizuno Pro 221 DG X-100

Wedges Blue Mizuno T24’s 
Putter Scotty CT Tour only SSS

Cadero and Iomic grips IMG_3856.jpeg.9a314be20ee43fd3acfb72341d58d47a.jpeg

Tsi3 Driver ,Ts2 3w ,Tsr1 4,5 hy, T350 6 thru 48degree w. Vokey 52,56 sm8 wedges. 60 degree 260-08. 

Scotty Newport Studio 2 with GSS insert

Curt melick