Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

MacGregor Japan 2011 MacTec Line

GolfSpy_X

the blue and red paint on the woods looks kinda cheap

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Macgregor Japan aka MacTec- Macgregor Technology has always had a separate R&D from Macgregor US even when it wasn't a GS brand. IIRC they hold a licensing agreement where they can make their own stuff. That Mactec NVG driver that eventually showed up in the US was first develop in Japan and was the number one selling driver in japan for a couple of years before it got to the US.

The japan market has always been technology driven, and like MSaternus mentioned in another thread they are fans of visible technology as well, that is why they have weird colors and even weird phrases on the golf clubs they make it seem/emphasize there is additional technology.

Those irons look like the new Callaway irons mixed with R5 irons that TM Japan released a while back though.

Like many, I like the irons best. But I get the woods, based on the demographic. If taken in that context, they're actually kind of neat. Hell, I gamed the original Nike SQ before it was truly excepted (the gaudy paint, the lound clang at impact, etc.) so I guess I'm not really against anything.

MacGregor always makes the mistake when they don't stay with the players irons like Mizuno, Titleist.Last year they went back to the players equipment now they're out of their minds again.Decide what the company is and stay with it.This new equipment looks like it's from Mars.

I was a big fan of some of the older macgregor stuff and in particular the tourney VIP irons. these just look cheap and nasty!

What's Inside My Ping Hoofer

Driver: TMaG R9 SuperTri TP Aldila Voodoo SvS6

FW Wood: Callaway xHot 3 deep Pro Projext X 6.0

2 Iron: Callaway x Utility Proto 18 deg Project X pxi 6.0

Hybrid: TMaG Rescue 09 21 deg Motore F1

Irons: 4 - PW Callaway X Forged 13 KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titliest Vokey 52' 56'

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Grips: Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord

Ball: Titliest ProV1x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...