What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

12 minutes ago, SavvyGolfGuy said:

I don't normally play TaylorMade balls but when you find this deal at your local Walmart I kinda couldn't pass it up.

20240813_205525.jpg

Did you check inside the box before buying them?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Did you check inside the box before buying them?

Yes, all 4 sleeves accounted for. Just one of them was the balls with no sleeve. I guess the sleeve box was worth 27.50 itself. 🤣

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 8° Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana PD 60g TX

Fairway Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST LS 5w Krank Formula FIRE 3+ 13°

Irons: :mizuno-small: Pro 245's

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Zipcore RTX 54°

Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: JAWS RAW Matte Black 58°

Putter: :odyssey-small: Ai-ONE Milled Seven T CH

Bag: :Ogio: Woode 15 Cart Bag

Ball: :callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

X Profile: TheSavvyGolfer (@SavvyGolfNC)

On 7/19/2024 at 12:39 AM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

You don't need more clubs.  But since when did "need" have anything to do with it?

Need? No. Want? Kinda…? I also I am going to turn 60 and a couple years ago switched from a stiff flex to a regular flex and Callaway Apex clubs. I keep getting notifications and emails about all the new clubs that are coming out, gotta try them all.  I want to buy them, but I don’t want to spend the money? My current clubs are good for me and I shouldn’t have a ‘want to get new ones’ feeling. I guess I’m stuck with being in the middle of “do or do not”. I am so glad I am not a Jedi.
   On to golf balls: the same thing of applies with buying golf balls. I would like to buy Titleist pro V1 balls but my brain, and wallet, cannot justify $50+ for a dozen golf balls when I can get 2 dozen Vice Pro balls for less than the same price. Is mind is getting in the way of me having a better game?

Edited by That’s Mr. Dirt
Spelling & grammar

On 8/13/2024 at 8:33 AM, Wib081 said:

Ok so I’m back from work jail and have I got some new stuff. Some old but new to me and some new and new to me! So here is the haul from the past month and a halfIMG_7722.jpeg.f305e509ea68b7522f63964d09a08973.jpegIMG_7723.jpeg.800d001ea0db7ddf1b5e12c58097adcc.jpegIMG_7724.jpeg.9365d2b37ecf0ee4999042e71aa1defc.jpegIMG_7725.jpeg.1ce2e8829816d564218bc57956d89d41.jpegIMG_7726.jpeg.189146c9e2b5c2e9eaf849a06b976c1f.jpeg

told my dad I was thinking about a 7 wood and this showed up at the house🤣! It was shockingly easier to hit than I remember from my youth and is currently in the bag 🤷‍♂️
next the replacement for my 23 Mini BRNRIMG_7727.jpeg.fb54331da7e150d2c9ae7506d1b52196.jpegIMG_7728.jpeg.437c38c7d275a65c9796531ba99e713b.jpeg

found a 3 utility I liked at GG and it came home!

IMG_7729.jpeg.eedf75b3c4fb91418714b2ab3d72f14e.jpegIMG_7730.jpeg.edb19922a0b3146fd5ce28619a4c8a7e.jpeg

Last but not least the driver that I got from PGAPAPPAS!IMG_7732.jpeg.42eef0643888c6ac8bad9fd19c0772bb.jpegIMG_7734.jpeg.d32954caa920056a0a28d014e1a7e48a.jpegIMG_7733.jpeg.5b92407168157841248489cd302f9f10.jpegIMG_7735.jpeg.8ed211f0901a94e85c8ee79cab57ed4f.jpeg

Man that original Burner 2 wood brings me back to hs days and what I learned the game with.... love it. I do love the new mini burner driver, but I wish they would just go full out and make a new 460cc driver with the original copper head but with all the new specs and even a new copper burner headcover.... Guaranteed paycheck gone lol!

Driver:         :titleist-small: TSR2 10.5*
FW wood:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3
Hybrid:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 Hybrid
Irons:           :mizuno-small:  JPX921 HM 5-GW
Wedges:      :taylormade-small: Black Milled Grind 56*, :callaway-small: Sure Out 2 58*, :mizuno-small: Blue T22 60*
Putter:         :odyssey-small: AI One Milled Eight T S
Ball:              :callaway-small:  Chrome Soft triple track 
Cart:              :Clicgear: 3.0 Pushcart
Shoes:           :footjoy-small: Premieres (So damn comfy) or 
adidas.jpg.68e67ffa35e40e0c3ad8be2ba26f3df3.jpg Tour360's 
Bag:                
AskEcho.jpg.d4dbb4965bf0480bbd5a3cff553f567f.jpg  2024 T-Lock Navy Grey (I love this thing) 

51 minutes ago, SavvyGolfGuy said:

I've had this a few months but it's still new to me. I was able to get the special edition green one celebrating Saint Patrick's Day. It's helped here lately with my swing speed. Although when I first started my swing speed with it was anywhere from 115 to 121 mph. After a few weeks of training it dropped down to between 105 and 115. I have no idea why. But the last few sessions it's finally started to creep back up.

I need to do a full review of it and post on here. Whether it helps me in the long run or not, it can still be used as a warm-up tool since it has the 60g counterweight and the three weighted cylinders that go in the oil can on the end. I do think it will help me to continue to groove and increase my swing speed also.

20240814_112607.jpg

20240814_112631.jpg

They'll tell you that you'll have plateaus in your Rypstick training but if you keep going you can break through to the next level. I hit one plateau, worked through it, currently at another plateau. I'm adding a couple of related drills to see if that will help me break through this time.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

After reading  @GolfSpy_Connor shoe feature on the new adidas Codechaos25 I looking them up. To my surprise the laced version was available to me here in Switzerland where as the states it is not till November. 

I had to pick up a pair and while I was at it I saw the Codechaos22 were on for half off so I also picked up a pair of them. 

They arrived today! Quick try on and they feel great. Will be fun to compare and see what one I end up preferring. 

You're a lot closer to Adidas HQ than we are. I really like my CC22; I'll have to check out the CC25.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

They'll tell you that you'll have plateaus in your Rypstick training but if you keep going you can break through to the next level. I hit one plateau, worked through it, currently at another plateau. I'm adding a couple of related drills to see if that will help me break through this time.

That's exactly what happened to me. I actually got lucky because they were doing some kind of special right after I got it for the pro version of the app. And it opens up a lot of the extra training. So I have that free for a year. Once I started doing the next sessions is when I started going back up.

Thanks for the input. And best of luck on your quest for more speed as well.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 8° Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana PD 60g TX

18 hours ago, SavvyGolfGuy said:

I don't normally play TaylorMade balls but when you find this deal at your local Walmart I kinda couldn't pass it up.

20240813_205525.jpg

Question, Have you (or any other members) experienced these golf balls outer layer scuffing extremely easy? I went through a dozen of these in one tournament without losing a single one because my irons would chew them up.

Driver: Callaway Ai smoke max 9 degree 

3-wood: Callaway Paradym Stiff Flex

Irons: PXG GEN 5 0311 T (7-p)

Taylormade P7MC 4-6

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 50 and 56

Taylormade MG4 60 degree

Putter: LAB DF3 Green - White Accra Shaft

Balls: Frequently between Pro-V1X and Callaway Chrome Tour X

(always changing gear!)

1 hour ago, Bartonaustin2 said:

Question, Have you (or any other members) experienced these golf balls outer layer scuffing extremely easy? I went through a dozen of these in one tournament without losing a single one because my irons would chew them up.

I didn't really notice. I used one for a few holes. I have three full sleeves of brand new ones left so next time I go play I will be paying more attention. And I'll check the other 3 in my bag. 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

After reading  @GolfSpy_Connor shoe feature on the new adidas Codechaos25 I looking them up. To my surprise the laced version was available to me here in Switzerland where as the states it is not till November. 

I had to pick up a pair and while I was at it I saw the Codechaos22 were on for half off so I also picked up a pair of them. 

They arrived today! Quick try on and they feel great. Will be fun to compare and see what one I end up preferring. 

The CodeChaos has become my go-to shoe.  I keep an  eye out and can occasionally find them dropping down to $40-$60 US and always grab a pair if I find them at that price. Usually have 2 pairs in rotation.  Waiting to get my hands on some with the BOA system but I'm a cheapskate who refuses to pay full retail so it may be a minute. 🙂 

Edited by racingdaly
spelling

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour X

6 hours ago, Bartonaustin2 said:

Yes actually several of us noticed this issue during the MGS testing earlier this season. I added the link to the testing page in the event you want to check it out. 

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Driver-  image.png.c7958ee984bbf04f894ad61f7b2912ee.png     AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 6x/ image.png.34846e03859e439eea57f542ae27df59.png  Mini Burner Copper 11.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5

Fairway- image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Stealth 2, 5 wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0/image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Burner Bubble 2, 7 wood (sometimes)

Utility- IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpg.1b17f43b70edb2cc8206713b580280bc.jpg 3 Utility Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX 6.0 (sometimes)

Irons- default_mizuno-small.jpg.683f01332cf642e1a0791b7880818c55.jpg JPX 921 Forged KBS $120 5-GW

Wedges-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Vokey SM 56 and 60

Flatstick-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have 3 pairs of the CC 22s and I still love them. I hope you enjoy them as well.

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

21 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have a pair of the Codechaos22's BOA. Love them. They are my go to now. I even wear them over my Ecco Biom C4's. Which are the most comfortable show I have. Plus are goretex. I will be looking at the 25's too. Interested in hearing your thoughts on the 2.

Ordered a new (used) driver shaft off of Ebay. Will share some pics once I have it and put a new adapter on the tip.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour