dsnell19

Any Golf ball technical questions? Ask Dean Snell of Snell Golf

Our Sponsors

Okay, if it hasn't been touched on ................. What about winter balls for temps from 30 to 54 F?  I usually use balls I have found thru the year.. but does it matter what balls you use in the dead of winter in the 30 to 55 range?  I can't help asking this question as I live in Indianapolis and golf thru the winter in Indy.. can't afford to go south.. sorry.. 

kbc 

Okay, if it hasn't been touched on ................. What about winter balls for temps from 30 to 54 F?  I usually use balls I have found thru the year.. but does it matter what balls you use in the dead of winter in the 30 to 55 range?  I can't help asking this question as I live in Indianapolis and golf thru the winter in Indy.. can't afford to go south.. sorry.. 

kbc 

I have found the softer balls work better; Duo, Chrome Soft, etc.  I play all winter and it usually gets into the 20's.  Last year I played the Bridgestone Precept Lady in yellow because it is easier to see on those gray days.  I will probably do the same this year, but will also use the Snell Get Sum as I get more distance with it.  The tour balls (all of them) don't work any better around the green when it gets cold and the ground gets firm, so you have to allow for more bounce and roll-out.  All balls will lose distance at those temps too.  Dean Snell says that 70-90* is optimum for balls.  Don't keep balls stored in the cold; bring them inside at night.  Use 2-3 balls during a round and rotate them on each hole; keep them in your pocket or enclosed heated cart.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Dean for taking time to engage like this - as a business owner, your time must be a precious commodity - still you find ways to add personal touch (like signing packing slips) and I appreciate that. I began using the My Tour Ball this summer and I love it - Keep up the good work (as if I need to tell you 😀)!

• Like 1

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Hi Dean, I just started playing the Get Sum, liking it very much, when I received a sleeve of Test balls from Titleist. I determined the test ball was a version of the NXT Tour and tried it out. On several holes, I hit a second ball off the tee for comparison. I still like the Get Sum better than the test ball(NXT). It came off the driver and irons a bit softer and burrowed straight down the fairway. Chipping was much better with the Get Sum.....and putting was a softer, smoother feel.

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Thanks, Dean, for sharing your time and insight- Just another benefit of MGS and the great folks here!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

It shows Dean was last active on the Forum November 12, 2015. Maybe the coming reviews of the new balls he'll stop back by. ?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

He is at a member/guest at the PGA Village in Port St. Lucie this week. Saw him yesterday but don't want to bother the guy. Anyway, met his Canadian distributor and I guess the black is the MTB but 10% softer if that helps anyone.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right