Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I bought a new HTC EVO. Since this is a sprint phone.. (CDMA) The other droid apps do not work on it. This phone has been in the pipeline for a year and I can not find any GPS golf apps for it. Has anyone seen or heard of one?

I bought a new HTC EVO. Since this is a sprint phone.. (CDMA) The other droid apps do not work on it. This phone has been in the pipeline for a year and I can not find any GPS golf apps for it. Has anyone seen or heard of one?

try "how far am i?!" i've used it for marking tee shots and center of greens. its free and works damn well.

michael

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Free Caddie at the Moment, and have been really happy with it. I've got it on a Galaxy S and it seems to be really accurate. The free version which I use just gives you front, centre, and back of green distances. Their is a paid version which I'm going to give a try once my sprained ankle is OK. That gives you loads more functions and can upload your stats to their site which then gives you graphs and charts, which looks cool.

• 1 year later...

hi, there is a little difference between your post and my this post. Actually I have been looking for a long time to find a BlackBerry GPS golf application that was free or freeware and I was not able to find any good ones. I found some really good applications but they only last a few rounds. (GreenFinder and InteliGolf)

So I thought I would install JDE and play with the sample GPS software and it did not take me to long (about 3 working days) before I had a working application. I am always trying to improve the application and my back end of the server. I have made some huge changes that makes mapping out a golf course very easy and fun. After you have finished mapping out a golf course you can then download it on the BlackBerry and start playing. No need to wait for it to get approved. It is live all the time. I use Google Maps to get the GPS cords for the Tee, Front, Middle, and Back of the green. I then save that information into an XML file and I update the main course list xml file. You can also have up to 5 custom "Other" points for mapping things like water, bunkers, trees, etc.

Archived