Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

New Level Golf

kardboard.kid

I am sure by now most have heard about New Level Golf.  I have to say the clubs look absolutely beautiful.  Since they are so new, and USA Made, I wanted to start a topic on their behalf.  What say you spies?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I've been following and interacting with them on social media and their brand strategy is all over the place.

Not sure if they want to be available through high end fitting locations only, or be direct to consumer.

They are certainly priced as a premium brand, but their is no marketing or testing anywhere that can quantify any sort of performance metrics.

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I've been following and interacting with them on social media and their brand strategy is all over the place.

Not sure if they want to be available through high end fitting locations only, or be direct to consumer.

They are certainly priced as a premium brand, but their is no marketing or testing anywhere that can quantify any sort of performance metrics.

They are pretty much a boutique brand and there’s not a boutique brand I can think of off the top of my head that comes in on price that’s not priced as high end so to me that structure is ok.  Imo like any brand starting out the goal is to expand and get into “retail locations” where possible and that meet your image. Kind of like Srixon where you can’t find them in most big box stores.  

They do offer a small demo trial period so no one has to blind buy if they don’t want to 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

They are pretty much a boutique brand and there’s not a boutique brand I can think of off the top of my head that comes in on price that’s not priced as high end so to me that structure is ok.  Imo like any brand starting out the goal is to expand and get into “retail locations” where possible and that meet your image. Kind of like Srixon where you can’t find them in most big box stores.  
They do offer a small demo trial period so no one has to blind buy if they don’t want to 
I know they're a boutique brand, but the owner of the company, who seems like a great guy, is regularly posting about how he doesn't understand why is product isn't getting more attention and offering sales and discounts on their product. They also seem more interested in getting their equipment in the hands of "social media influencers" rather than people who actually want to review their clubs and give their honest opinions.

Like I said, they are definitely a high end brand, but their marketing strategy doesn't reflect it.

They aren’t bad clubs; finished 14 out of 16 in the MGS most wanted players iron testing. I hit them and wouldn’t say they are ground breaking or a must try. I am sure people will love them. I think that at premium prices direct to consumer club sales is a tough market. Balls make sense since you are only dropping $40ish and not a grand or so.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

They aren’t bad clubs; finished 14 out of 16 in the MGS most wanted players iron testing. I hit them and wouldn’t say they are ground breaking or a must try. I am sure people will love them. I think that at premium prices direct to consumer club sales is a tough market. Balls make sense since you are only dropping $40ish and not a grand or so.

Exactly - they are trying to do direct to consumer with premium prices.  Demo programs aside, the iron market isn't a market where consumers are showing an inclination to go with a direct to consumer approach - especially for a brand with no real marketing or tour presence 

44 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I know they're a boutique brand, but the owner of the company, who seems like a great guy, is regularly posting about how he doesn't understand why is product isn't getting more attention and offering sales and discounts on their product. They also seem more interested in getting their equipment in the hands of "social media influencers" rather than people who actually want to review their clubs and give their honest opinions.

Like I said, they are definitely a high end brand, but their marketing strategy doesn't reflect it.

I don’t fault him for using social media influencers over sites purely for the review aspect. How many brands blow up from having people with a large following push a product or line of products. From the golf industry it’s a little outside the box. Nothing wrong with being different. A google search for new level golf review brought up 6 reviews right away so there info our there on them. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I think they have a good potential market, and I wouldn't be against trialing them, once the weather allows. I know MGS has put themselves out there for further testing. Will be interesting to see how they grow their"fan"base into paying customers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

• 3 months later...

I’ve been communicating with Eric Burch via email and now a demo 7 iron is coming to demo. Once I get it, I’ll post some pics and a review vs my HM Pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We have the wedges and irons in our shop. They look and feel amazing! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Hadn't come across them so just spent 10 mins on their website.

Nice irons, quite a few reminded me of Mizuno models.

I didn't see any USP to warrant 'slightly' above premium prices e.g my specs with Mizuno $1184, similar clubs with new level $1302

They also use similar claims as the major OEM's for their irons.

a slight aside is I found the website difficult to ascertain what a standard set would cost, drop downs only let you buy one club at a time.

I wish them well as their products appear good, it's all down to visibility now, marketing, customer interaction/service and some prime endorsements. Will follow with interest.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Hadn't come across them so just spent 10 mins on their website.

Nice irons, quite a few reminded me of Mizuno models.

I didn't see any USP to warrant 'slightly' above premium prices e.g my specs with Mizuno $1184, similar clubs with new level $1302

They also use similar claims as the major OEM's for their irons.

a slight aside is I found the website difficult to ascertain what a standard set would cost, drop downs only let you buy one club at a time.

I wish them well as their products appear good, it's all down to visibility now, marketing, customer interaction/service and some prime endorsements. Will follow with interest.

You are paying for their services and time as well as the clubs. They make their own heads based of a “blank” (some will argue the Symantec’s of this word but they have a raw head that they then create their look with). They do the entire build in house vice some place where there’s a mass production line so your tolerance to build specs are going to be very tight.

The price is pretty well in line with what many brands now offer. Apex line from Callaway is $175/club (1499 for full set) $1299 for x forged and apex mb. AP2/cb/mb are $1299, ping around $1100-1300 for pings newest iron releases, TM is $1200-1500 for the p series line

As far as names go they have Ken Duke and Mina Harigae who both switched to the brand before getting signed to a contract. But with a brand like new level they are going to be fighting an uphill battle to sign players so they would need players not under contract somewhere to put their clubs in the bag and be seen.  Time will tell if that happens.  The brand has expanded to several retailer/fitters and other smaller shops like the people’s clubs.

i was tempted to get a set but couldn’t pull myself away from going back to miura

Demo club came today. Grip isn’t very good, and it’s tiny. Not sure I’ll be able to get a real feel for these with it not being an actual clubhead with the correct sized grip. The club feels heavy due to the fitting hosel on it. We’ll give it a go! Pretty club!
IMG_8433.jpgIMG_8434.jpgIMG_8435.jpgIMG_8437.jpgIMG_8438.jpg

Kinda looks like a Bridgestone j40 dual pocket, but with only one pocket, and then their badge stuck on. I’d be hard pressed to pay top dollar for an average club, with questionable resale value.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just sent the demo iron back. $40 for shipping to and from... At just over 2#, these guys are making a profit in shipping, which after receiving demos from two other companies for free, this puts NL behind the other two immediately. The two other companies sent me 7 irons built to my exact specs, including grip. NL did not. Again, another knock against them vs the other two companies.
The iron was just ok. They claim the forged feel, but the one I tried wasn’t as nice feeling-wise as my Mizunos. The top line was thicker than I expected. Anyway, for what they charge for these irons, I wouldn’t pick them ahead of Edel, which I played for two years, Sub70, Ben Hogan as direct-to-consumer, or Mizuno forged irons as a major OEM, which feel better and are much less expensive.
Nice to have tried these, but they didn’t impress me for a performance standpoint, or a customer service standpoint.

I have to admit curiosity got the best of me so I checked out the website. Like many of these custom motorcycle shops they appear more of an assembler of parts than a “boutique” golf company. Additionally if you advertise you are going to reduce cost to the consumer by selling direct with little to no marketing then really cut costs. $699 a set is not a deal especially when the big boys are offering comparable pricing on their last year models.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have to admit curiosity got the best of me so I checked out the website. Like many of these custom motorcycle shops they appear more of an assembler of parts than a “boutique” golf company. Additionally if you advertise you are going to reduce cost to the consumer by selling direct with little to no marketing then really cut costs. $699 a set is not a deal especially when the big boys are offering comparable pricing on their last year models.

A set of the 902 Forged runs $159-$182 a club. 4-PW costs $1113-$1274, plus tax and shipping.
$699 would be a deal!!!

A set of the 902 Forged runs $159-$182 a club. 4-PW costs $1113-$1274, plus tax and shipping.
$699 would be a deal!!!

Oh damn. I certainly missed that one

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Oh damn. I certainly missed that one

But makes your point even further!

Considering they take a “blank” and create their designs and looks from the “blank” assemble clubs to desired specs with tighter tolerances than big brands where they are mass produced and have build tolerances upwards of 2-3* the price is pretty solid. 

Considering they take a “blank” and create their designs and looks from the “blank” assemble clubs to desired specs with tighter tolerances than big brands where they are mass produced and have build tolerances upwards of 2-3* the price is pretty solid. 

Pretty solid vs large OEMs, or vs direct-to-consumer?

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Pretty solid vs large OEMs, or vs direct-to-consumer?

Overall. There’s some direct to consumers like Ben Hogan that I believe are cheaper. 

Compared to big oems unless you are buying their gi or sgi sets you are paying pretty much the same price as new level with wider range in tolerances and getting a massed produced head 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Overall. There’s some direct to consumers like Ben Hogan that I believe are cheaper. 

Compared to big oems unless you are buying their gi or sgi sets you are paying pretty much the same price as new level with wider range in tolerances and getting a massed produced head 

Yeah, that's what I was meaning, compared to DTC, these are VERY expensive. I can get Mizunos that feel better for cheaper as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have not heard of the company but I'll give them a look. Are they making all clubs, an iron maker, or just woods? I could just Google them I suppose.

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

Archived