Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? Since I graduated college in 1988 but seriously only for the last 12-15 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 8.3 and I am happy to be trending in the right direction. On a good day I will shoot 75 and on a bad day in the mid eighties.

What do you love about golf? I love continually trying to improve my game.  I am fortunatele to be able to play about 130 rounds a year now and the guys I usually play with are very low handicappers so I am always striving to improve.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I love data so have read Mark Brodie's book "Every Shot Counts" and I am a huge proponent of Arccos so I can gather strokes gained information and hone the various aspects of my game.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not outside of the forum.

Where are you from? Currently living about 30 minutes north of Charlotte, NC 

What is your home course? River Run Country Club at Davidson.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things are that (1) it’s year round golf even though it gets into the 30s in the winter and 100s in the summer, and (2) I enjoy the people I play with each week. I will play in any weather condition except a driving rain.   Worst thing about golf is that sometimes there is a driving rain. 

What do you do for a living? Retired from running a sales organization in the information technology field.

How’d you pick your user name? It has been my nickname for 20 years and given to me bny a close friend.

WITB?

Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

Titleist AP1 irons

Callaway Paradygm 3, 7, and 9 wood

Callaway AI Smooke Max driver with Tour AD shaft

Vessel Player III golf bag

WITB?

Vessel Player III golf bag

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway AI Smoke MAX driver with a Tour AD shaft

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway Paradym 3, 7 and 9 woods

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Pro irons with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

:titleist-small: Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

:bettinardi-1: Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

:Arccos:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Regularly for about 10 years.      12.8 and 86ish

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Knowledge

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Louisville, KY    Woodhaven CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winter is the worst

What do you do for a living?

Internal Auditor

How’d you pick your user name?

It's what I have used for 20 years everywhere.

Seth Coleman 

Driver: :titleist-small:TSR2 9* Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSR3 13.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

Driving Iron: Haywood Golf 18* Hzrdus Black 6.0

Irons:  :mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 S

Wedges:  :mizuno-small:S-23 Denim Copper 50°, 54° & 58° Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1:Studio Design 2.5

Bag:   :mizuno-small: BR-DX

Balls:  :maxfli: Tour X

Cart:  :Clicgear: Rovic with eWheels

On 2/10/2024 at 3:41 PM, THE GOLF GUY said:

Hi my name is Guy and interested in this “Southeast region “ forum!

I have been playing golf off and on for about 30 years (Age 63) but I retired a few years ago and am now playing my best golf . I just renewed my GHIN recently and it’s at 10.9 but it is probably going to be a few strokes lower when all my recent scores are adjusted next . At the moment I have been shooting anywhere from 73 -82 and slowly improving as well.

I love golf because you can never master it and also it mimics and relates to life more than we realize .

I signed up last year but really haven’t gotten involved like I wanted until just recently and I hope to maybe learn , chat and possibly make some friends in the process maybe.I stumbled upon it by chance really . I was searching for some information about a particular subject and this site showed up and I was really interested in the unbiased facts about clubs and so forth .

I currently live in Social Circle, Georgia. My home course is Providence in Monroe , Georgia and I also work as a starter on Thursday there .

One of the best things about Georgia is that you can play golf year round for the most part . The middle of the summer can be brutally hot and taxing on you if you aren’t used to it or prepared for it .

I am retired from Norfolk Southern Railway as a locomotive engineer with 34 years of service . 

Well my name is Guy and I love golf (most of the time 😂)

Hello Guy,

I live not too far from you in Watkinsville. Welcome to the Forum.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I just realized I'd never intro'd myself ..... my bad.

My handicap hovers around 20.  I can get a good round into the high 80's and I've had some recent doozy's that topped 100, but typically I stay in the 90's.

What do you love about golf?
Seriously, everything. I like that it's really a one man game, even when in a scramble or on a team. I like being outdoors.  I like hitting pure shots.  I like the companionship and camaraderie.  I like the physical exercise, the ability to stay pretty good at an athletic sport.

I know of none, but was tipped off to this site by an old friend.  His son was on staff at one time.

We live in West Central Florida, if you look up the Weeki Wachee mermaids our house is about five or six miles from there.  I play regularly at Hernando Oaks, because that's my grandson's high school golf teams home course.

Best: choices, choices, choices.  So many courses and different courses, from easier ones to championship courses.  Worst: everybody and his brother comes to Florida to play golf.  There are times when getting a tee time is tough and the course is pretty crowded.

Retired.  Started a career in health care in 1981, moved from Food Service Management into IS/IT and then an administrative role.  For the last 22 years I was a principal owner of a company that specialized in senior living / senior care.

It was given to me, in 1976, when I arrived at my first active duty station in the Air Force.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

I just realized I'd never intro'd myself ..... my bad.

My handicap hovers around 20.  I can get a good round into the high 80's and I've had some recent doozy's that topped 100, but typically I stay in the 90's.
Seriously, everything. I like that it's really a one man game, even when in a scramble or on a team. I like being outdoors.  I like hitting pure shots.  I like the companionship and camaraderie.  I like the physical exercise, the ability to stay pretty good at an athletic sport.
I know of none, but was tipped off to this site by an old friend.  His son was on staff at one time.
We live in West Central Florida, if you look up the Weeki Wachee mermaids our house is about five or six miles from there.  I play regularly at Hernando Oaks, because that's my grandson's high school golf teams home course.
Best: choices, choices, choices.  So many courses and different courses, from easier ones to championship courses.  Worst: everybody and his brother comes to Florida to play golf.  There are times when getting a tee time is tough and the course is pretty crowded.
Retired.  Started a career in health care in 1981, moved from Food Service Management into IS/IT and then an administrative role.  For the last 22 years I was a principal owner of a company that specialized in senior living / senior care.
It was given to me, in 1976, when I arrived at my first active duty station in the Air Force.

Welcome and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Started playing september 2022. Unofficial handicap is 22, but have been working hard to bring it down! Broke 90 1 time so far!

It's a stress reliever for me. Working in LE has its challenges and frustrations. Golf allows me to NOT focus on anything else except for that darn little ball!!!

Saw a post on Social Media about testers needed.  Quickly realized that this place is deeply commited to its members !

Best thing is options!  A half dozen courses from 10 minutes to 30 minutes away!

Worst is the prices vs conditions on a few of them.

Work in Law enforcement 

How’d you pick your user name

I thought it was self explanatory??

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Hi all.  I just joined forum, so here is a bit about me. 

I started playing as a small kid with the bamboo-shaft clubs our dad gave my brother and me.  They probably came from the Marine Corps bases (including Pendleton/Oceanside, where we often lived) where he learned the game. We were lucky. In California, a kid could play a pitch-and-putt course for a few quarters and a muni course for a buck or two.  We'd get rides to a course and just hack around for half a day. The adults tolerated us, and we were more than respectful (more like a little intimidated).

There were lots of kids our age back then; we weren't alone.  And we never played with our dads or parents.  Boomer era:  Kids were on our own.  I remember once my brother was so nervous on the first tee, with a couple dozen men watching and waiting their turns, that his tee shot spun off the toe of his wood and actually curved back across a crowded practice putting green.  But it skipped past everyone, and we scampered down the first fairway before anyone reported us. 

I played regularly through my 40s but then priorities changed. Just retired as a college prof, so I'm making up for lost time.  You can't post scores if you don't play.  Last year, I re-upped into the system. I'm a 10.7 now at age 72, hoping to shrink that by a few more strokes to get closer to my game a few decades ago. We'll see. Am sure you all relate to that quest.  Keeps us interested. 

I've been using an old Northwestern putter I rescued from the family home last year. Putter has to be 40 years old, but I always liked it, simple as it is, and entirely low tech.  Ain't no AI in that baby.  But time to escape the past.  I have a new Odyssey arriving via UPS tomorrow. I'm eager for that. Might save me a stroke or two if I read the greens right.  I'm enjoying the chance to get back into the game that is really a part of my life.

My first career was in newspaper journalism. Then I became a prof.  Always enjoyed my students.  And after spending so much time studying writing, I've enjoyed MGS for the writing I read here, as well.  I find some fun phrases and hidden gems along with a healthy dose of generosity.  I watch for bylines and look forward to some clever, insightful reads.  I also appreciate the attitude here among the hosts and forum members.  A lot of American golf reporting is not so special, with tired assumptions and overworked cliches -- nothing original and too much congratulatory prose to keep in good favor with pros and equipment suppliers.  I don't like the elitism that's too often wrapped up in golf reporting -- and glad to say I don't read much of that here. 

I remember when one of Golf Digest's self-important columnists wrote a haughty piece about golfers who lace up their golf shoes in the parking lot. That to him was low culture, a violation of class and aesthetics.  Easy for him to say, getting comped into the county's most exclusive clubs and locker rooms. For many of us with humbler aspirations, we swap out our shoes at our car feeling thankful if we can make time to enjoy a good round. That's why I've grown to appreciate this site, and may the original, friendly and informational vibes continue. 

I live in north-central North Carolina, a long way from where I grew up on the flatland courses of Central California.  Been settled here for 20-something years.  Lived and worked in Japan for a while and also Hawaii.  Great spots, fascinating people and cultures.  But pricey golf.  Here in NC, I'm still learning how to chip on the moist bermuda lurking over the red clay.  Easy for the leading edge to catch, and aargh! There goes another stroke, Charlie Brown.

It's all a good challenge, and I'm glad to enjoy it -- and learn more! -- through this forum.  Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Edited by GWScott
  • Mizuno ST-Z driver, Fujikura Motore X 6-S
  • Srixon ZX 3-wood, Evenflow Riptide 6-S
  • Cleveland 21-degree utility iron
  • Srixon ZX7 irons 5-PW, Pro Modus 3 120-S
  • Mizuno 50 gap
  • Cleveland RTP Zipcore 56
  • Odyssey Tri-Hot 1 putter, Stroke Lab
  • Maxfli Tour or Srixon Z-Star

Welcome aboard @GWScott.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I started playing as a small kid with the bamboo-shaft clubs our dad gave my brother and me.  They probably came from the Marine Corps bases (including Pendleton/Oceanside, where we often lived) where he learned the game. We were lucky. In California, a kid could play a pitch-and-putt course for a few quarters and a muni course for a buck or two.  We'd get rides to a course and just hack around for half a day. The adults tolerated us, and we were more than respectful (more like a little intimidated).
There were lots of kids our age back then; we weren't alone.  And we never played with our dads or parents.  Boomer era:  Kids were on our own.  I remember once my brother was so nervous on the first tee, with a couple dozen men watching and waiting their turns, that his tee shot spun off the toe of his wood and actually curved back across a crowded practice putting green.  But it skipped past everyone, and we scampered down the first fairway before anyone reported us. 
I played regularly through my 40s but then priorities changed. Just retired as a college prof, so I'm making up for lost time.  You can't post scores if you don't play.  Last year, I re-upped into the system. I'm a 10.7 now at age 72, hoping to shrink that by a few more strokes to get closer to my game a few decades ago. We'll see. Am sure you all relate to that quest.  Keeps us interested. 
I've been using an old Northwestern putter I rescued from the family home last year. Putter has to be 40 years old, but I always liked it, simple as it is, and entirely low tech.  Ain't no AI in that baby.  But time to escape the past.  I have a new Odyssey arriving via UPS tomorrow. I'm eager for that. Might save me a stroke or two if I read the greens right.  I'm enjoying the chance to get back into the game that is really a part of my life.
My first career was in newspaper journalism. Then I became a prof.  Always enjoyed my students.  And after spending so much time studying writing, I've enjoyed MGS for the writing I read here, as well.  I find some fun phrases and hidden gems along with a healthy dose of generosity.  I watch for bylines and look forward to some clever, insightful reads.  I also appreciate the attitude here among the hosts and forum members.  A lot of American golf reporting is not so special, with tired assumptions and overworked cliches -- nothing original and too much congratulatory prose to keep in good favor with pros and equipment suppliers.  I don't like the elitism that's too often wrapped up in golf reporting -- and glad to say I don't read much of that here. 
I remember when one of Golf Digest's self-important columnists wrote a haughty piece about golfers who lace up their golf shoes in the parking lot. That to him was low culture, a violation of class and aesthetics.  Easy for him to say, getting comped into the county's most exclusive clubs and locker rooms. For many of us with humbler aspirations, we swap out our shoes at our car feeling thankful if we can make time to enjoy a good round. That's why I've grown to appreciate this site, and may the original, friendly and informational vibes continue. 
I live in north-central North Carolina, a long way from where I grew up on the flatland courses of Central California.  Been settled here for 20-something years.  Lived and worked in Japan for a while and also Hawaii.  Great spots, fascinating people and cultures.  But pricey golf.  Here in NC, I'm still learning how to chip on the moist bermuda lurking over the red clay.  Easy for the leading edge to catch, and aargh! There goes another stroke, Charley Brown.
It's all a good challenge, and I'm glad to enjoy it -- and learn more! -- through this forum.  Thanks for reading if you got this far.

Glad you joined us! You’ll be happier than a hog in a corn bin here

Cleveland

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? r=What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1 How long been playing golf?  Started when I was about 9 years old.  66 now.

2.  What do I love about golf?  I love getting out for exercise these days.   Before it was for more competition.   Just for fun now.

3. What brings me to mygolfspy? Do I know any other Spies?  I came to my golf spy to learn about new equipment.   I don't know any others that I know of.

4.  I am from Georgetown,  KY.  Home course is Canewood or any public course around.

5.  The best thing around is you can always find a game in the area.  Worst thing is weather.  

6.  I am retired. 

7.  Name I have always used for years.

Mickey Ward 

On 2/21/2024 at 10:35 PM, GWScott said:

I live in north-central North Carolina, a long way from where I grew up on the flatland courses of Central California.  Been settled here for 20-something years.  Lived and worked in Japan for a while and also Hawaii.  Great spots, fascinating people and cultures.  But pricey golf.  Here in NC, I'm still learning how to chip on the moist bermuda lurking over the red clay.  Easy for the leading edge to catch, and aargh! There goes another stroke, Charley Brown.

I loved , what you had to say about the media and their attitudes about the “laymen” if you will ,in this game that we love . I absolutely agree , with you about the haughtiness and the total disregard for the people that love this game and in truth are the ones that keep this game afloat. So yes I’ll lace up my shoes with you ,when and where I please and still hold my head up , because we truly love the game because it’s our game not yours “Mr. Media “!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Hi ya’ll - I joined a few weeks ago, but never put an intro out.  So, here goes.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started when I moved to NC in 1998.  14 handicap.

What do you love about golf?  That one shot that makes you come back 😃 . Basically everything.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I saw the newsletter and enjoyed the articles and reviews.  Well written and humorous.  I don’t know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from NJ, but live in Eastern NC..  Home course is Ayden GCC, but since I travel a lot for work, I play all over.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best - usually 12 month golf season.  Worst - pretty days during the week when I can’t sneak out.

What do you do for a living?  Field Service Manager for HYG

How’d you pick your user name?  We build Hyster & Yale forklifts….hyyal works

Play golf they said….it’ll be fun they said.

Hi ya’ll - I joined a few weeks ago, but never put an intro out.  So, here goes.
How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started when I moved to NC in 1998.  14 handicap.
What do you love about golf?  That one shot that makes you come back . Basically everything.
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I saw the newsletter and enjoyed the articles and reviews.  Well written and humorous.  I don’t know any other spies.
Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from NJ, but live in Eastern NC..  Home course is Ayden GCC, but since I travel a lot for work, I play all over.
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best - usually 12 month golf season.  Worst - pretty days during the week when I can’t sneak out.
What do you do for a living?  Field Service Manager for HYG

How’d you pick your user name?  We build Hyster & Yale forklifts….hyyal works

Welcome and enjoy!

Cleveland

Welcome aboard!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to the forum , I’m Guy from Social Circle Georgia. Nice to meet you !

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

On 2/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, Rob Person said:

Started playing september 2022. Unofficial handicap is 22, but have been working hard to bring it down! Broke 90 1 time so far!

It's a stress reliever for me. Working in LE has its challenges and frustrations. Golf allows me to NOT focus on anything else except for that darn little ball!!!

Saw a post on Social Media about testers needed.  Quickly realized that this place is deeply commited to its members !

Best thing is options!  A half dozen courses from 10 minutes to 30 minutes away!

Worst is the prices vs conditions on a few of them.

Work in Law enforcement 

How’d you pick your user name

I thought it was self explanatory??

@Rob Person I was with the Pa State Police for a while as a dispatcher before moving on to a communication career with the leading company for fiber optics and cell phone towers

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

6 hours ago, buckpillar said:

@Rob Person I was with the Pa State Police for a while as a dispatcher before moving on to a communication career with the leading company for fiber optics and cell phone towers

I Absolutely have the highest respect for comm-center communications personnel.

Nobody can do what they can!!!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing in college.  I was a college baseball player and started playing on off days.  Currently and 8 handicap

What do you love about golf? Playing with my sons.  Also, competing to always get better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Learning more about the game and comparing equipment

Where are you from? What is your home course? Tennessee.  Don't really have home course, just moved up here from FL

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Not many courses/ranges close to me.  But a few really great courses within an hour drive

What do you do for a living? Minister

How’d you pick your user name? initials 

:callaway-small: Paradym Drijver 10.5*

:taylormade-small: RBZ 3 Wood 14*

:cleveland-small: Hybrid 19*

:callaway-small: Apex 19 Irons (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Chrome Wedges (52,56,60) S-Grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5 Putter (33in)

16 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Welcome to the forum , I’m Guy from Social Circle Georgia. Nice to meet you !

Heck buddy you're right down the road from me!  Where are you playing at?

Cleveland

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Heck buddy you're right down the road from me!  Where are you playing at?

I actually live closer to Bostwick with my mailing address is Social Circle

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

2 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

I actually live closer to Bostwick with my mailing address is Social Circle

Play at Providence and Monroe

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Hi all -

Long (long) time reader of MGS, first time poster. I'm originally from the Chicago area, and migrated south to Collierville, TN (Eastern suburb of Memphis) a couple of years ago.

Member at Memphis National, and although I don't play a ton you may find me in the practice area several days a week. I wish I had time to play more than I do. I'm hoping to post and be somewhat active around here... thanks for all the good content! If anyone in the area (I see some of you are) ever want to go out on MNGC, let me know - I'm happy to bring a guest or 3.

Standard intro:

1. How long been playing golf?

Started swinging a little bit when I was about 10; my dad was a scratch golfer in the 1960s and I hacked away in our backyard with his McGregor blades.  Got my first set for my 21st birthday, so that's when I started playing for real. In my 40s now.

1. What do I love about golf?

I love competing with myself and trying to get better... there's something rhythmic about swinging and the exercise. I also love walking a course and playing with friends.

1. What brings me to mygolfspy? Do I know any other Spies?

I found MGS a good while back and enjoy reading about new equipment, rules, etc. I don't know any other spies.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am originally from Roselle, IL but currently live in Collierville, TN.  Home course is Memphis National Golf Club, which is about 15 minutes east of TPC Southwind.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best being the weather... it's a much longer season than up north, conservatively 11 months long for those of us with warmer blood. The worst things are the summer hear & humidity, and the lack of choice when it comes to public courses... tons and tons of private courses (which are at least mostly reasonable). 

1. What do you do for a living?

I work for a software company... have worked in technology my whole career (and life!).

1. How’d you pick your user name?

I'm from the north... and now live in the Memphis area - there's a local festival promotion group called Mempho (slang-ish I guess?) and I know some of the folks from it, so why not.

Edited by NorthMempho

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 8°, Fujikura Motore X F1 7-X
D2:         :ping-small: iCrossover 2-iron, Fujikura Motore X HB 8-S
Fairway:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 3W, Fujikura Motore X F1 7-X
Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro 20°, Fujikura Motore X HB 8-S
Irons:      :cobra-small: Radspeed 4-GW, Accra 60i
Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX Full-Face 56°, 9° Bounce, Accra 60i
Putter:     :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7, 35.5" w/ Super Stroke
Ball:         :vice: Pro

Welcome.to the forums

I have only been playing golf since 2021. I started playing in Colorado and would play 9 holes a few times a month there when it wasn't snowing. I have moved to Florida and ironically have only played 5 or 6 times in the last 2 years. 

What I love about golf is that there is always something to tweak, and it's outdoors. 

I came to MyGolfSpy because I have been following their content and the opportunity to be a tester is exciting, should I be picked.

I work in cloud security. 

My username is just my name. 

In my bag I have:
Driver - Ping G 425 Max

3W - Mizuno ST X 220

4H - Mizuno ST X 220

Irons and Wedges - Titleist T300s

Putter - Seemore Model B

Drew

Hi everyone! Glad to be here! Been reading MGS articles for quite a while so I finally decided to join the forums.

1. How long have you been playing golf? About 20 years altogether, but more seriously the last few years. What’s your handicap or normal score?  I typically shoot in the 90s, though I don't have an official handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? Just about everything! I love the fresh air, that feeling when you flush a drive, or drain a long putt. I also love that it's a game where there is always something to work on.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've read the gear reviews for a number of years & decided recently to go ahead & join the forums. I don't know any other spies that I'm aware of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in the Asheville, NC area. My home course is Broadmoor.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things are undoubtedly the mountain views, fresh air, and fall golf during leaf season. The worst things are winters just cold enough that I don't want to be outside playing golf & trying to find golf balls after all those beautiful leaves have fallen off the trees in the late fall.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm an IT Business Analyst for a global manufacturing company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing exciting. It's just the same screen name I use for most forums.

PXG 0811XF Driver; Tour Edge E722 3w & 3h, C522 irons, SuperSpin wedges & Wingman Putter (1st gen); Patriot Golf F22 7w

Welcome!!! Out annual MC rally is in Robbinsville every year. I started eyeing courses 2 years ago in that area.  ASHEVILLE definitely has a unique culture to it!!!

Edited by Rob Person

On 3/9/2024 at 11:53 AM, NorthMempho said:

Hi all -

Long (long) time reader of MGS, first time poster. I'm originally from the Chicago area, and migrated south to Collierville, TN (Eastern suburb of Memphis) a couple of years ago.

Member at Memphis National, and although I don't play a ton you may find me in the practice area several days a week. I wish I had time to play more than I do. I'm hoping to post and be somewhat active around here... thanks for all the good content! If anyone in the area (I see some of you are) ever want to go out on MN, let me know - I'm happy to bring a guest or 3.

Standard intro:

1. How long been playing golf?  Started swinging a little bit when I was about 10; my dad was a scratch golfer in the 1960s and I hacked away in our backyard with his McGregor blades.  Got my first set for my 21st birthday, so that's when I started playing for real.
  2. What do I love about golf?  I love competing with myself and trying to get better... there's something rhythmic about swinging and the exercise. I also love walking a course and playing with friends.
  3. What brings me to mygolfspy? Do I know any other Spies?  I found MGS a good while back and enjoy reading about new equipment, rules, etc. I don't know any others spies.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Roselle, IL but currently live in Collierville, TN.  Home course is Memphis National Golf Club, which is about 15 minutes east of TPC Southwind.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best being the weather... it's a much longer season than up north, conservatively 11 months long for those of us with warmer blood. The worst things are the summer hear & humidity, and the lack of choice when it comes to public course.. tons and tons of private courses (which are at least mostly reasonable). 
  6. What do you do for a living? I work for a software company... have worked in technology my whole career (and life!)
  7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm from the north... and now live in the Memphis area - there's a concert promotion group called Mempho (slang-ish I guess?) and I know some of the folks from it, so why not.

Welcome aboard.  Used to spend a lot of time in Memphis, one of my favorite cities to visit though I never had the opportunity to play golf there (I wasn't playing much during the years I was visiting).  Need to get back for a visit.

Ping G400 (10.5*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw (50*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Taylormade TP5 Pix

How long have you been playing golf?

- I've intentionally started playing last year

What’s your handicap or normal score?

- Its something I can grow and see improvement in the more I play/practice

- I've learned a lot through their articles and videos!

- Athens, Ga. The only public course here is the one at The University of Georgia

- Besides the UGA course, there are no public courses outside of a 30 minute drive. The UGA course is really nice though

- Freelance sports broadcasting at UGA

- It's an old nickname!

Ping G425 Max Driver & 3W

Mizuno JPX923 HM HL Irons

SM10 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour CB Putter

Jupiter FL

How long have you been playing golf?  
my older brother was a scratch player in high school  and got me into the game by caddying at 10 years old at New Haven Country Cliub in Connecticut  (most famous player was Sandra Palmer when I was 11)

What’s your handicap or normal score?

usually around a 7 but have been as low as 4 and high as 10

outdoors, fresh air, that perfect swing feeling when the ball just clicks and being with friends  

I do not    Followed their testing instagram and liked the people and their tests  

from ? Tough question   Lived almost everywhere   Currently in south Florida  Jupiter    Home course is North Palm Beach

Outsiders have no idea what the best courses in the area are    Always check with a local   

happy and retired   

you wouldn’t understand what JupLife is or means.  A way of life.  

⛳