Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

putting grip

I've been using the double thumb super wide grip for about a year.  it seems really solid as a way to putt, but I dont see any difference from other methods in terms of success.

does anybody else use this method.  any thoughts on its effectiveness?

I dont see any pros using it which makes me wonder

I wouldn't put much stock in what you see the pros doing. By definition, any professional golfer is going to be a good putter or else he never would have made it to that level so they've probably never struggled to the degree where they would try sometime so unconventional. If it works for you and your consistent with it then that's is probably all that matters.

However, if you get to the point where you are struggling like this it's probably going to be a long road to change back to something else to really improve. 

Hey, whatever works.  I personally use the pencil grip and people always give me weird looks when I use it, until they see how pure I roll putts with it.  I kind of want to see a picture of this, "double thumb super wide" grip now though.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

19 minutes ago, Pingistheanser said:

Hey, whatever works.  I personally use the pencil grip and people always give me weird looks when I use it, until they see how pure I roll putts with it.  I kind of want to see a picture of this, "double thumb super wide" grip now though.

I imagine it is something like this...

2thumb_positions_cropped.jpg

I started using the lead hand low grip this winter and been practicing it a lot , getting comfortable with it and like the feel of it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I have used the same grip since I started play golf many, many,  many years ago when there was really only one grip. Putting is such a personal thing but the key confidence. As long when you walk up to a put the only thing you are thinking about is line and length all is good. If you are also think about your grip, all is not.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:59 AM, ZenGolfer said:

Pencil grip is good for handwriting which can help to correct the wrong posture of handwriting.