Not Your Average SuperSpeed Training

Our Sponsors

Yeah they will help with the upper body but the leg lifts those would be easy, so I'll stick with lunges. I am usually quite strong with leg lifts, likely would be back up to about 315 on deadlifts in a couple months (that's what I happens last time I focused more on lifting) which is just not a level I could invest in for home, especially with limited space. Maybe someday a gym will seem like a good idea again.

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so I really just wanted you to click on this thread, because this is mostly just a normal super speed review, except I am the one doing it this time. I am about three weeks into the first protocol

Wanted to take some time outline in a bit more specifics the workout plan that I will be following, Training Area Monday Tuesday Wednesday

This. These types of moves are very prevalent in the Fit for Golf routines as well. Should be a good follow. Excited to see your progress!

Another week in the books, here and I am on the final week of the Level 1 Super Speed Training. Continue to feel like I am getting stronger and adapting to the work. The single leg squats stand out at this point as something I am finding the balance on and should be able to add weight to soon. Also can feel the work in the abs paying off with quicker motions. Can't wait to add more medicine balls moves once I get one, and heavier lifts with higher weights. Thanks for following along. I will have a Super Speed level 1 wrap up with some good results I think next week.

Wednesday

• SuperSpeed Level 1
  • 6 mile run
  • 100 push up
  • P90X abs

Thursday

• 6 mile run
  • 100 pushups
  • Bicep Curls 20 lbs. 3 x 10 each arm
  • Triceps Extensions 15 lbs. 3 x 12 each arm
  • Bent Over Rows 3 x 10   2 x 30 lbs.
  • Triceps Extensions 3 x 10 15 lbs.
  • 3 Way Shoulder Deltoids 3 x 10   2 x 10 lbs.
  • Friday

• SuperSpeed Level 1 Protocols
  • 6 mile run
  • 100 push ups
  • Plank/Side Planks 3 x 45 sec position
  • Bridges 3 x 20
  • 30 inch box jumps 3 x 30 sec (11 jumps each time)
  • Toe Touches 3 x 30 sec
  • Skaters 3 x 30 sec
  • Single Leg Squats 3 x 10/leg (body weight for now)
  • Lunges 20 lbs. 3 x 10/leg
  • Side Lunge 20 lbs. 3 x 10/leg
  • Like 1

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

Do plyo pushups instead of regular... 100 is nice but you can easily build some explosive moves into that Friday routine. There should be at least 1 speed/power move in each workout. Jumping lunges while alternating legs is another move that can be done safely with light dumbbells. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

Extra Extra Read All About It: Ho Hum Golfer Gains 8 - 10 MPH swing speed, No one notices

I have just wrapped up today with the SuperSpeed Level 1 protocols and as many others have seen before, simply put it works. I started with a swing speed of 98 MPH when hitting balls. Today I have done another round of testing and hitting balls and am seeing speed of 106 to 108, and maybe even a rogue 109 in there. This is a great improvement for myself personally. When I started I was not sure how much I might be able to gain since I feel that I am relatively efficient, I use the ground well (just ask my lawn), and get some good rotation, but obviously I was wrong. I am really encouraged by the results and my goal overall was 110 which seems very much within reach given the weight training and continued protocols at Level 2. It was just so simple, which I think is what makes the system so efficient and works for everyone. Obviously I did more than just the training, but I have been at that so short a time these gains are pretty much complete from SuperSpeed.

I really liked that the protocols do not take too long to complete making them easy to fit in during the day, the one positive of COVID is working from home. The only thing I personally felt that the 3 swing I didn't always get always into the flow of the swings, but that might be a personal thing. It also got me noticing that when I got a bit stiff at address I would lose speed during the swing, so keeping some looseness helped maintain the gains. I know some have wondered about the various speed monitors, and for this I was using the PRGR monitor, and it came bundled for about the same price as normal radar, so why not. As some have noticed keeping this in the right position is key, being off line from the monitor will affect results. One day things were not lined up quite right and readings were down about 5 mph. Moved to my usual spot and everything popped back to normal. It is ok for hitting an actual ball on the range, but I have not used it a ton for that.

I was also glad to keep the workout lighter as I transition to this work and hope to build up to more work load in the future to keep the speed potential growing while using SuperSpeed to reach that potential. I am really excited to work on the next level, though the kneeling swings as winter comes might get a bit chilly. Hoping by the end of Level 2 to have reached that 110 goal and then maybe aim a bit higher. Thanks everyone for following along, and I will continue to post updates as I work through the winter.

Level 1 Week Max Green Max Blue Max Red
Starting Speed Week 1 120 112 108
98 Week 2 121 113 109
Ending Speed Week 3 124* 117 110
108 - 106 Week 4 126* 117 110
  Week 5 127 117 111
  Week 6 124 119 111
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Right Handed

33 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Do plyo pushups instead of regular... 100 is nice but you can easily build some explosive moves into that Friday routine. There should be at least 1 speed/power move in each workout. Jumping lunges while alternating legs is another move that can be done safely with light dumbbells. 

Yes I like those jumping lunges and have done them before. Wrapping up one more week last week which should bring be to about a month in when I plan to increase the load. I will also look into those plyo pushups as well to add in daily with lower reps. Yes explosive moves will be added as we go on. Also getting a medicine ball soon to add those throws in there as more explosive work and the plyometrics will get harder to again work on that explosion. Always appreciate the feedback.

Right Handed

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has been a week. It has been very busy and ended up having to do some work most nights. For sanity's sake I still ran, just clears me head better than lifting. Still did all the Super Speed work this week which was good, though the kneeling is going to get cold pretty soon. Starting to settle into the speed that I have originally gained. Back at the full gauntlet next week. Maybe some new weights this weekend as well.

Right Handed

As promised, and I promised to myself, I got back to the work this week. I am now a couple weeks into the Level 2 Super Speed protocols and they have been going well, though I will have to keep them going outside and today its about 25 degrees. Really makes the knee swings not the most exciting. This work really is helping lock in the gains seen in level 1 and hopefully between now and the end of phase 3 will see that second jump.

With the lifting I have been able to move up in some weights and focusing on more explosive moves such a plyo pushups, squat jumps, and moving to harder box jumps and making sure to use more effort on the skaters. I feel like I am making so good progress, though it is going to be a long winter wondering how it will all playout on course.

Monday

• Super Speed Level 2
  • 6 mile run
  • 50 plyo pushups
  • P90X Abs
  • Hammer Curls 20 lbs. 3 x 10 each arm
  • Triceps Extensions 20 lbs. 3 x 12 each arm
  • Bent Over Rows 3 x 10   2 x 35 lbs.
  • 3 Way Shoulder Deltoids 3 x 8   2 x 15 lbs.

Tuesday

• 6 mile run
  • 75 decline push ups
  • Plank/Side Planks 3 x 50 sec position
  • Bridges 3 x 20 40 lbs.
  • 90° Turn 30 inch box jumps 3 x 10
  • Toe Touches 3 x 40 sec
  • Skaters 3 x 40 sec
  • Squat Jump 3 x 8 40 lbs.
  • Lunges 40 lbs. 3 x 10/leg
  • Side Lunge 40 lbs. 3 x 10/leg

Right Handed

• 2 weeks later...

Have been keeping up with the training, though not posting each workout to try and keep things light and not quite a workout log. Last week had a really fast day which felt great. I set personal bests with each of the sticks and feel like I am really making some progress. Lifting is getting easier, even as I move to some more explosive and difficult moves, such as plyo push-ups and turning box jumps. I think this is all paying off, just going to be tough to go all winter without seeing a ball fly through the air with this speed. Thinking of a simulator session in the near future to see how it is all going. Thanks for following along everyone.

Right Handed

Hi Eddie, Good luck to you in your quest for fitness. We can all benefit from improving our fitness.

In the weight training area. the 5 most important moves are: Push. Pull, Hinge, Squat, Plank. Of these, pulling is probably the least important. Hinging and Squatting are probably the most beneficial to you. Glutes are king. The more you develop them, the more swing power you will have. BMart 519 has some very good ideas. Hingeing and Rotation are high on the list. 

For equipment, a couple kettlebells will go a long, long way toward strengthening. The key is knowing how to properly swing them. With just a few different weights, you could get by with just one  bell in about 3 different weights: 15 lb., 25 lb., 35 lb. Use the 15lb. to learn, the others to build.

A great, great strength coach is Dan John, Just do a search on you tube for some workouts. Do another search in google for his teaching. He's a huge advocate of weighted carries: find something heavy and walk around with it. He said this was a career game changer for him.  I  went so far as to get a 70 lb bag of sand and carry it around in a bear hug. Dumbbells will work; so will kettlebells. He's big on crawling exercises and jumping as well. He teaches using 80% of your One Rep Max to become stronger fast. Simply: determine your 1 rep max weight of an exercise, say deadlift. Take 80% of that and do 3 sets of 8 reps. 

Jason Glass is probably the foremost instructor in Rotational Movement and exercises. He has some You Tube instruction worth watching, as well as a website as well as complete 8 - 16 week programs, if you don't mind spending a few bucks. Purchase his LoadXplode 16 week course, and everything else is free. You can keep going back to it.

Good luck with your training.

• Like 1
On 12/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, JalanK said:

Hi Eddie, Good luck to you in your quest for fitness. We can all benefit from improving our fitness.

In the weight training area. the 5 most important moves are: Push. Pull, Hinge, Squat, Plank. Of these, pulling is probably the least important. Hinging and Squatting are probably the most beneficial to you. Glutes are king. The more you develop them, the more swing power you will have. BMart 519 has some very good ideas. Hingeing and Rotation are high on the list. 

For equipment, a couple kettlebells will go a long, long way toward strengthening. The key is knowing how to properly swing them. With just a few different weights, you could get by with just one  bell in about 3 different weights: 15 lb., 25 lb., 35 lb. Use the 15lb. to learn, the others to build.

A great, great strength coach is Dan John, Just do a search on you tube for some workouts. Do another search in google for his teaching. He's a huge advocate of weighted carries: find something heavy and walk around with it. He said this was a career game changer for him.  I  went so far as to get a 70 lb bag of sand and carry it around in a bear hug. Dumbbells will work; so will kettlebells. He's big on crawling exercises and jumping as well. He teaches using 80% of your One Rep Max to become stronger fast. Simply: determine your 1 rep max weight of an exercise, say deadlift. Take 80% of that and do 3 sets of 8 reps. 

Jason Glass is probably the foremost instructor in Rotational Movement and exercises. He has some You Tube instruction worth watching, as well as a website as well as complete 8 - 16 week programs, if you don't mind spending a few bucks. Purchase his LoadXplode 16 week course, and everything else is free. You can keep going back to it.

Good luck with your training.

Thanks so much for all the feedback on this. I have worked to make sure that I keep those jumping and hinging move in, squats, lunges, and box jumps to build that explosiveness. I have kept the focus on these and then the upper body is more general and could probably be improved a fair bit, but still working it to get stronger. A medicine ball would help for some rotational moves. Then abs mainly for stability as the speed increases. Still just trying to keep at it. Might not be perfect, but better than nothing.

Right Handed

Tweaked my elbow this Monday doing some work around the house so having to take the week off from lifting and the super speed just to be safe. I would rather take then week now they push and have it turn into multiple week thing later on. That said still running and doing some ab work those does not stress the elbow. Hoping to get back to the full round next week and keep the work. Really have been feeling faster and approaching the 110 speed goal on a regular basis, can hit it once an a while right now. Still feeling stronger and faster.

With the extra time this week working on the putting in the house, especially with a new putter purchase that I am liking. Been working on hitting about 100 putts a day and feeling like l am really figuring out my ball position to keep the start line solid. Not speed related but still important. Thanks everyone for following along.

Right Handed

It was great to get back to the training for this week. To top it off when taking some inventory of my swing I noticed my arms were going too far and my shoulders not far enough. After doing some slow speed swings last week to get that feeling while I healed up, I was able to focus on that a bit while doing the training today. Overall it was  a great session here. Tied or set highest speeds with each stick and with the driver itself, I like to end with 3 driver swings what can I say I am a bit impatient to see how the progress is going. It felt like a real break through with the heavier red stick. I have struggled to get some gains with this one despite the green and blue jumping up well (probably adjusting to each weight as I go). Hitting 116 with the read was a nice change and felt great. Its a bit annoying to do the knee swings but those really feel to get some added speed by focusing on the upper body. 

The biggest news was with the driver at the end hitting 114!!

Excited GIF - Excited - Discover & Share GIFs | Excited gif, Happy gif, Gif

Its just one swing, but still it was great to see that speed as I am going on to in the program, but I also had a couple 111s when normally at the end I struggle to read 110 with the driver itself. I am wondering if a bit a of break here is what helped. thinking maybe doing the protocols 4 weeks at a time with a week off in between each to allow some recovery. Has anyone else experienced this in the super speed review or otherwise. Thanks everyone for following along.

• Like 1

Right Handed

37 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Its just one swing, but still it was great to see that speed as I am going on to in the program, but I also had a couple 111s when normally at the end I struggle to read 110 with the driver itself. I am wondering if a bit a of break here is what helped. thinking maybe doing the protocols 4 weeks at a time with a week off in between each to allow some recovery. Has anyone else experienced this in the super speed review or otherwise. Thanks everyone for following along.

I don't remember where it was: likely Twitter as I follow Fit for Golf and other trainers on there. But there have been studies with significantly less reps than those prescribed through the SuperSpeed protocols that still found noticeable gains for the participants. You might be able to locate some on a Google search. (There has also been some dispute as to the benefit of the opposite side swings). 

I made my own set of sticks and only use the heaviest and lightest stick, which cuts the reps by approx 30%. I also do driver swings after each session, first without a ball, and then hitting a ball into a net. First week max speed hitting a ball was 98 MPH, this is up to 104 MPH after 4-5 weeks with 1 week off due to back irritation, plus a 106 (but I was not confident on the read, as the unit seemed to be reading fast that week). I only do the standard swings, followed by step change drill, then max out on light stick. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

I don't remember where it was: likely Twitter as I follow Fit for Golf and other trainers on there. But there have been studies with significantly less reps than those prescribed through the SuperSpeed protocols that still found noticeable gains for the participants. You might be able to locate some on a Google search. (There has also been some dispute as to the benefit of the opposite side swings). 

I made my own set of sticks and only use the heaviest and lightest stick, which cuts the reps by approx 30%. I also do driver swings after each session, first without a ball, and then hitting a ball into a net. First week max speed hitting a ball was 98 MPH, this is up to 104 MPH after 4-5 weeks with 1 week off due to back irritation, plus a 106 (but I was not confident on the read, as the unit seemed to be reading fast that week). I only do the standard swings, followed by step change drill, then max out on light stick. 

I'm sure it was Fit for Golf...I've seen him say the same and even shared the same observation via DM with me on Instagram...feels the standard SS protocols are too high-volume.

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

3 hours ago, BMart519 said:

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I'm sure it was Fit for Golf...I've seen him say the same and even shared the same observation via DM with me on Instagram...feels the standard SS protocols are too high-volume.

Thanks for this, I think I have seen this before too, and glad I am not just hearing things or misremembering them. Especially given it is months until I can play for real again I am in no hurry to get all the speed now, I have plenty of time. I am thinking maybe down to two days a week might get the job done, which I would not hate since I am not table to do this inside and well, this week highs will be in the 20s and lows in the single digits so not ideal. I will be sure to warm up properly before starting. I wish I could do a few driver swings with a ball, but again the cold and snow will make that impossible. I hope to get to a simulator later this winter to hit more balls at full speed and try to get ball control at the new speeds, the ultimate test. Hope both of you are seeing the progress you are looking for as well, and @BMart519those are some great gains already. I started at the same speed and I was seeing similar gains in those first few weeks. Keep up the hard work guys.

Right Handed

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a bit of a holiday break I am back at it. I have been enjoying the 2 times per a week for the super speed sticks. I have been feeling much more fresh and fast on each session now, where previously I felt a bit slow come the last day of the week for training. The biggest jump has been with the heavy red stick with this modified training. Previously I was struggling to get the red stick much above my driver speed, which is not expected. With the move to 2 times a week I have seen a nice jump by 2 - 3 mph pretty consistently which aligns better with the expected speeds based on my swing speed as outlined by Super Speed. 

I have also move this a bit more to a timing and swing thought side as well. I noticed that the swing was getting a bit armsy, and the shoulder term was lacking. I have focused on this as well and am feeling more powerful and stable with less arm and wrist movement to make sure I get a full turn without moving way past parallel at the top, which is what would happen before if I got a full turn. I think keeping these swing thoughts in mind will matter as well, as many have noted a more efficient and well timed swing should produce much more club speed as well.

Still lifting and running to help the training and keeping general fitness, and well with the cold here if I don't run outside I am cooped up. Lifts are still similar, got some slightly heavier weights and moved to some slightly more explosive lifts including squat jumps, and alternating lunge jumps. Hoping to grab a med ball soon add in those throws which would really round things out. Thanks so much for following along and happy new year.

• Like 2

Right Handed

• 5 weeks later...

Level 2 Complete

Winter has settled in to the north here and I have been able to wrap up Level 2 on the Super Speed protocols and have been going well but feeling it is time to change it up a bit. I have overall gained 10 to 12 MPH of head speed from the start. Tough not being able to get out on the course and see the results but I am looking forward to being able to in the spring here. That being said with all the snow and a bit of a plateau, which is very common for program I want to changed things up. I am going to maintain the speed by doing the Level 2 protocols 1 day a week and then returning to some strength training as before. It has been hard to fit it all in, but with the stalling a bit more strength I feel might help move past the log jam a bit. Also I want to add to this a bit of overweight training with a club I have that is very heavy, can really only swing it around 60 mph. I want build more strength and stability throughout. 

Overall I am happy with the training and am glad that I invested in this, though my wife might not as now the speed has me thinking about new shafts for the fairway woods and driver. I am thinking as the weather warms up that I will turn this into more of and overall improvement thread and not just about swing speed. Though the snow will keep that out of the question for now. Thanks for following along and I will be sure to share the improvements that come.

• Like 1

Right Handed

On 2/3/2021 at 2:36 PM, ejgaudette said:

Level 2 Complete

Winter has settled in to the north here and I have been able to wrap up Level 2 on the Super Speed protocols and have been going well but feeling it is time to change it up a bit. I have overall gained 10 to 12 MPH of head speed from the start. Tough not being able to get out on the course and see the results but I am looking forward to being able to in the spring here. That being said with all the snow and a bit of a plateau, which is very common for program I want to changed things up. I am going to maintain the speed by doing the Level 2 protocols 1 day a week and then returning to some strength training as before. It has been hard to fit it all in, but with the stalling a bit more strength I feel might help move past the log jam a bit. Also I want to add to this a bit of overweight training with a club I have that is very heavy, can really only swing it around 60 mph. I want build more strength and stability throughout. 

Overall I am happy with the training and am glad that I invested in this, though my wife might not as now the speed has me thinking about new shafts for the fairway woods and driver. I am thinking as the weather warms up that I will turn this into more of and overall improvement thread and not just about swing speed. Though the snow will keep that out of the question for now. Thanks for following along and I will be sure to share the improvements that come.

Nice gains so far! Did you completely cut out strength training while you were doing the protocols or just scale down?

I wouldn't be afraid to lower the volume of the SS sticks as long as you are lifting heavy. And based on your posts, it looks like you do a lot of explosive work during your workouts anyway.

Of course, I'm not in anyway qualified as a physical trainer. But, since I cut my volume down with the SS sticks, I've seen an increase in speed from both the heavy and mid weights, as well as my driver.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, -1/4", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

For those that stopped using Superspeed sticks, did you see your SS go down, stay the same, etc? 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Nice gains so far! Did you completely cut out strength training while you were doing the protocols or just scale down?

I wouldn't be afraid to lower the volume of the SS sticks as long as you are lifting heavy. And based on your posts, it looks like you do a lot of explosive work during your workouts anyway.

Of course, I'm not in anyway qualified as a physical trainer. But, since I cut my volume down with the SS sticks, I've seen an increase in speed from both the heavy and mid weights, as well as my driver.

I did cut down and then life make it such that they got cut out. Not overly worried about volume, I had already dropped to 2 time a week, just wanting to try a change up. Things feeling a bit stagnated and want to spice it back up a bit. And no worries I am beyond un qualified as well, I appreciate any insights as I know you have been working with this training for a while.

21 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

For those that stopped using Superspeed sticks, did you see your SS go down, stay the same, etc? 

I am hoping to not loose much by still doing them once a week and training in other ways but only time will tell and I will be sure to share either way it goes.

• Like 1

Right Handed