Arccos User Group

tony@CIC

4 hours ago, Baggymon said:

For anyone interested in trying the Garmin sensors, don't.  I was a little sick of the subscription model with Arccos so I tried out Garmin.  The trackers and the app are trash.  The PC software is very immature by comparison.  They always seem to be new things coming out for Arccos and improving the product. 

As for the link/link pro question, I could not justify the expense for something that just does one thing.  Instead, I upgraded my Apple Watch 5 to a Watch 9.  Working like a champ.   

I agree on the Apple Watch  it works great!  As long as it’s working well on battery life.  Much better that the old Link   Since the watch gives you distance and let’s you set the pin spot.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

I wish they had better stat analysis options for your shots, when putting together my ventus review... I had to aggregate the data myself and do hand math.  For the price they really do need more options and info.

Also dont ever buy the link (at least the old one) its a giant pile of crap for what it costs and they assume its going to have better shot detection than my like 1200 phone?  right.

At least with an active sub they send you 5 sensors a year (option for a putter one this year).  Enough to repair almost all of my clubs.  I hung on to most of them and just replaced the three I use the most (driver putter 56*).  The rest I expect to last another year at least.

Edited by skraeling

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

13 minutes ago, skraeling said:

I wish they had better stat analysis options for your shots, when putting together my ventus review... I had to aggregate the data myself and do hand math.  For the price they really do need more options and info.

Also dont ever buy the link (at least the old one) its a giant pile of crap for what it costs and they assume its going to have better shot detection than my like 1200 phone?  right.

At least with an active sub they send you 5 sensors a year (option for a putter one this year).  Enough to repair almost all of my clubs.  I hung on to most of them and just replaced the three I use the most (driver putter 56*).  The rest I expect to last another year at least.

I agree the analysis could be better.  My issue is that you still can’t use the App post round on an IPad.  So you can’t see all the details of your round in larger resolution. The web version of the dash board is still not great.  It’s been 3 plus years of basically the same.   I totally agree the ability to take your stats and use them, is a lacking feature given the price per year.   But it’s still the best tracker of detailed course stats.

i think offering members 5 sensors plus 1 putter sensor a year should be reasonable gives for members.  It basically costs them nothing.

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

23 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

My solution for temp greens has been to go in and adjust after the fact by moving all my shots forward - just take a screenshot or write down the distances of each shot (as recorded by the GPS), then set the putt distances to the correct length (using the green on Arccos as a proxy for the temporary green), then adjust all other shots to the correct distance and lie moving backwards from the green to the tee. The result is that you'll appear to have teed off in a different area than you actually did, but this method should best approximate the correct strokes gained for the hole.

Screenshot2024-08-08at2_34_53PM.jpeg.7b73acb05fcd68a37648246479659b55.jpeg

As an example here, I actually teed off from the back tees on the bottom of the screen, but the hole was using a temporary green in the fairway. At first it showed the correct distances in this view, but when I went to the greenside view it showed my first putt was ~140 feet. Once I corrected chip and putt distances, it said I hit my 52° 150 yards, and then once I moved that shot forward it showed a 250 yard tee shot that then needed to be adjusted. Although the shots are shown in different locations than it actually is, in effect playing from the back tees to a short green should be very similar to playing from front tees to the regular green.

Now the question is did you look at your stats before adjusting it to see how your putting was with a 140' putt????

Overall I concur with this method when you have temp greens and have done it as well

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 9:31 AM, KC Golf said:

I agree the analysis could be better.  My issue is that you still can’t use the App post round on an IPad.  So you can’t see all the details of your round in larger resolution. The web version of the dash board is still not great.  It’s been 3 plus years of basically the same.   I totally agree the ability to take your stats and use them, is a lacking feature given the price per year.   But it’s still the best tracker of detailed course stats.

i think offering members 5 sensors plus 1 putter sensor a year should be reasonable gives for members.  It basically costs them nothing.

Have you checked out Clippd? You can email them and get a year long trial if you have Arccos. Way more granular data than Arccos and I found it more helpful to know where to focus.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

2 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Have you checked out Clippd? You can email them and get a year long trial if you have Arccos. Way more granular data than Arccos and I found it more helpful to know where to focus.

So... I'm curious about this Clipped.  Your post above got my interested so i signed up for it today.

Good experience?  Do you feel they tailor the practice sessions for you?

Its interesting they ask about data capture - like trackman or flight scope - I input flight scope but haven't seen any indication it integrates - just arccos.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

24 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

So... I'm curious about this Clipped.  Your post above got my interested so i signed up for it today.

Good experience?  Do you feel they tailor the practice sessions for you?

Its interesting they ask about data capture - like trackman or flight scope - I input flight scope but haven't seen any indication it integrates - just arccos.

I feel like it's a lot more specific than Arccos - i.e. recommends specific clubs/distances off the tee/on approach to focus on in a way I find more digestible. i.e.

Screenshot2024-08-19at10_29_49.png.d00bfcce1166935fc40bd70808ae947a.png

Edited by Rearviewmirror

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

Good morning guys - I have a question - I’ve been a shot scope user but I’m extremely happy with the Garmin S70 approach that I tested. If you read my review you know that their sensor system did not work for me. I’m not going to wear 2 watches while playing golf nor am I taking the garmin off to wear the shot scope one - garmin is far more accurate and easier to see.

I recently purchased Ping irons so I am eligible for a set of ARCOSS sensors. If I went that way is it possible to use the system while keeping my phone in the golf bag or would I need to keep it in my pocket? Is there any phone fiddling needed during the round?  I’m leaning towards trying this and could use some advice,

Thanks 

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

1 minute ago, revkev said:

Good morning guys - I have a question - I’ve been a shot scope user but I’m extremely happy with the Garmin S70 approach that I tested. If you read my review you know that their sensor system did not work for me. I’m not going to wear 2 watches while playing golf nor am I taking the garmin off to wear the shot scope one - garmin is far more accurate and easier to see.

I recently purchased Ping irons so I am eligible for a set of ARCOSS sensors. If I went that way is it possible to use the system while keeping my phone in the golf bag or would I need to keep it in my pocket? Is there any phone fiddling needed during the round?  I’m leaning towards trying this and could use some advice,

Thanks 

You would need a Link or a Link Pro.  Unfortunately a Garmin won’t synch with the Arccos sensors.  The data is much more detailed than Garmin, so I think if you did that you would be very pleased.

55 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

You would need a Link or a Link Pro.  Unfortunately a Garmin won’t synch with the Arccos sensors.  The data is much more detailed than Garmin, so I think if you did that you would be very pleased.

I know I would use independently of the garmin - I thought I could use them in conjunction with my smart phone - no? 

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Thanks 

There isnt much fiddling with your phone during a round.  Other than setting pin location (one button on ios lockscreen "Set pin"), and just checking to see if it registered the shots (usually pretty good about it).  I almost prefer it over having something on my wrist.  But everyone has a preferred way to play.  The lock screen will also display distances at a glance as well (kinda like a garmin actually).

1 minute ago, revkev said:

I know I would use independently of the garmin - I thought I could use them in conjunction with my smart phone - no? 

phone is required if you dont have the link.  I cant speak to how good the new link pro is or isnt, but the old link SUCKED ASS.  Utter waste of 100.00 (returned it).

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

13 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks 

Either link or apple watch or link. 
 I use an apple watch. But keep my

phone in my pocket anyway so that if i need a hole flyover for layups i have it.  
 Sometimes there are mid round adjustments but it can all be done post round if necessary (ie you take a shot, then drop and hit another for practice…or bring a few wedges to the green and drop them down..i have had that register as a stroke).   

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

I would have no interest in using the system for yardages, hole maps what so ever - I simply would want it for tracking - period. 

With that in mind could I keep my phone in the bag on my push cart or cart? 

In regard to pin locations is this something that could be addressed through a post round edit? I get countless texts during a 5 hour time segment - they are exceedingly distracting to me - I’m trying everything in my power to avoid seeing them until after my round is over. I could live with the phone in the pocket so long as I didn’t need to take it out to make those adjustments on course. 

I’m intrigued by the pro link - is that something you’d wear on your belt? I would be interested in that as it keeps my phone out of sight during the round. Between church and school I serve well over 1,000 people - I have t four other people on my ministry team that can help in an emergency - it’s just that I’ve been at my church over 18 years so I’m always the one called first 

25 minutes ago, revkev said:

I would have no interest in using the system for yardages, hole maps what so ever - I simply would want it for tracking - period. 

In regard to pin locations is this something that could be addressed through a post round edit? I get countless texts during a 5 hour time segment - they are exceedingly distracting to me - I’m trying everything in my power to avoid seeing them until after my round is over. I could live with the phone in the pocket so long as I didn’t need to take it out to make those adjustments on course. 

I’m intrigued by the pro link - is that something you’d wear on your belt? I would be interested in that as it keeps my phone out of sight during the round. Between church and school I serve well over 1,000 people - I have t four other people on my ministry team that can help in an emergency - it’s just that I’ve been at my church over 18 years so I’m always the one called first 

No.  You need the phone in your pocket specifically for detection (uses the mic).

I mean yeah you can edit pin locations post round... will you remember where all 18 locations were?  Marking with the app puts it based on the gps location from the phone so very accurate.

link pro was a change from the origional link that HAD to be on your belt.  the pro can go in your pocket just like the phone would (albeit its smaller).

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

2 hours ago, revkev said:

If you remember where the pins are on each green you could do this; I write down on my scorecard the length of the first putt for each hole and total putts.  I've found that really the only shots arccos misses are putts.

You need to have some device on you that has Bluetooth, GPS, and a mic. Options are:

• phone in your front pocket
  • Apple Watch
  • Link (clips to your belt, has a button you can press to mark pin locations)
  • Link Pro (goes in your pocket, has a button you can press to mark pin locations)

If you’re using the Link or Link Pro, you just need to use your phone at the start and end of the round, but can otherwise leave it in your bag. I like to keep score on a paper scorecard when I’m doing this, as the Link will occasionally miss a shot or two (chips out of the rough that don’t make enough noise for the mic to pickup, or short putts with an insert putter). I’ll go through my round on the Arccos app after I finish and make any corrections that need to be made. YMMV, but I tend to not have any issues remembering all of the shots from a single round as long as I make the corrections the same day. 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour