Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Evnroll Midlock?

Lux

My apologies if this has been discussed but I couldn’t find any info. 
Has anyone tried one and what was your experience like? Thanks!

Roll Tide

Had a go with the ER11V. 

I'm the type of guy that looks at the putter head in the stroke. 

With that much offset, we found that I just pulled everything left. 

Ended up with a Sik Double Wide Armlock. Not a fan of the feel, but consistency of length is great. 

Pity we don't have the Cobra Agera over in Australia in the Armlock. That would have been interesting. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

• 8 months later...

Just picked one up. So far so good. OP did you get one?

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

• 3 months later...

This thread has been slow.

But I just ordered one of these on eBay and it is scheduled to arrive today. I grabbed an ER11v at 40":

image.png

Right now, I'm adjusting my putting stroke a decent amount, but the weak point in my Arccos stats remains my 3-5' putts, which are costing me 2-3 strokes per round. Intrigued to see if this can help; even if it doesn't displace my Edel as a my primary gamer, I think that practicing with the MidLock will help tidy up my stroke.

I'll keep this thread updated.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Evnroll Midlock?

Some initial impressions:

• Aesthetically, it's a lovely putter. The sound is dense, solid, and muted.
  • I had no significantly trouble adjusting to the longer grip and armlock setup. My standard grip is slightly left-hand low. So I took my normal grip and the protruding end of the Midlock grip set on my arm as intended.
  • I do find, however, that the longer putter brings back a bad habit I have at setup, which is to get my weight a bit toward the ball, almost using the putter as a crutch. This leads to all manner of issues with the start of my backswing. Curiously, the more I think about the armlock and the mechanical stroke, the worse this gets. The more I get comfortable with it and just putt normally, allowing the putter to do it's part in keeping my stroke stable, the better the results.
  • I did some testing with my Hackmotion sensor last night. For those who don't know, it's a device that measures change in wrist angles during the stroke. For a putter, the "ideal" is to keep quiet wrists, so a "perfect" score would be to keep both flexion/extension and ulnar/radial deviation to 0. Here is a chart with about a dozen putts last night with the Midlock vs my previous session, which was with my Edel:

compiled.jpg

• As you can see, the numbers with the Midlock are noticeably better.
  • I've taken it to the course for nine holes so far, with limited practice. My first putt with it was from off the green, and I holed about a 25 footer. Otherwise, the results were kinda meh. I had two three putts from 25–30', where I left the first considerably short. This is not an uncommon story for those switching to armlock putters.

Full WITB with pictures

I live a few miles from Evnroll.  Add $100 (or is it $150) for a full in-person fitting.  When I have $500 play money, I might go.  I do like the face-balanced ones I've tinkd with.  But for now, I stick, face-balanced,  with a Musty wood mallet and sometimes a Scotty Futura X winged type counterweight, model from around 2015.  I would like a custom fitted Evnroll or Musty wood for my particular angles and arm/hand size, lie, etc. 

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

Used to use belly putter and tried the Evnroll Midlock, but like the Bettinardi & Callaway, just couldn't get it to work. Went back to a 35" with a 2 Thumb grip. Love it!

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

• 10 months later...

Reviving this thread, because I think the MidLock might be my putter for the rest of the season. Switched to it a few rounds ago, because I was still missing a ton of putts inside 5'. Since switching back to the MidLock, I've seen really solid success in that range; typically on Arccos, I'm solidly in strokes lost territory from 0–10', and that seems to be improving:

image.png

Would love to see more mid-range putts drop, but my pace control (which is sometimes a problem with armlock putters) has been very solid; I've had a lot of tap-in 2-putts, which are always welcome from outside 10'.

Full WITB with pictures

On 6/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Reviving this thread, because I think the MidLock might be my putter for the rest of the season. Switched to it a few rounds ago, because I was still missing a ton of putts inside 5'. Since switching back to the MidLock, I've seen really solid success in that range; typically on Arccos, I'm solidly in strokes lost territory from 0–10', and that seems to be improving:

image.png

Would love to see more mid-range putts drop, but my pace control (which is sometimes a problem with armlock putters) has been very solid; I've had a lot of tap-in 2-putts, which are always welcome from outside 10'.

I really enjoy the Midlock. Like @GolfSpy MPR, I find the less I think of the Midlock, the better I putt. I was having real difficulty with it when I consciously pressed the grip into my forearm. Now, when I just putt naturally without trying to forward press, I’ve been having really good results from various distances. I have a second standard shaft (mid slant), so I can switch when things aren’t working well with the Midlock. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

• 8 months later...

reviving this... as @GolfSpy MPR I need to improve my 3-6 feet range and am considering a MIDlock.

I've tried an ARMlock and that put my wrists in all sorts of weird positions and I'm intrigued by the midlock; seems the transition is much easier and your stroke is much more connected.

Anyone have any recent thoughts on the midlock? Tried it and gave up? Still sticking with it?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

5 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

reviving this... as @GolfSpy MPR I need to improve my 3-6 feet range and am considering a MIDlock.

I've tried an ARMlock and that put my wrists in all sorts of weird positions and I'm intrigued by the midlock; seems the transition is much easier and your stroke is much more connected.

Anyone have any recent thoughts on the midlock? Tried it and gave up? Still sticking with it?

Short answer: it isn't currently my starter, and I can't say it solved all my short putting woes (or else it would still be my starter). I'm using the Edel that I was fitted for for a test here a few years ago.

That said, I still use the MidLock for a lot of my practice. It's the putter I have in my office, and I use it to help engrain a very stable lead wrist through the stroke. When I'm using my Edel, I'm actually trying to recreate that same feel.

The MidLock is also my first putter off the bench if my Edel misbehaves when this season begins.

Full WITB with pictures

13 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Short answer: it isn't currently my starter, and I can't say it solved all my short putting woes (or else it would still be my starter). I'm using the Edel that I was fitted for for a test here a few years ago.

That said, I still use the MidLock for a lot of my practice. It's the putter I have in my office, and I use it to help engrain a very stable lead wrist through the stroke. When I'm using my Edel, I'm actually trying to recreate that same feel.

The MidLock is also my first putter off the bench if my Edel misbehaves when this season begins.

Thanks Michael. Great advice. I always seem to get excited and jump at things too quickly. Sounds like something I should try out at the store first but it does seem promising. (confirmation bias is soooooo hard to ignore!)

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Thanks Michael. Great advice. I always seem to get excited and jump at things too quickly. Sounds like something I should try out at the store first but it does seem promising. (confirmation bias is soooooo hard to ignore!)

You probably already saw this, but speaking of confirmation bias and trying putters in the store:

That said, it is worth trying out. In fact, you're forcing me to get out my HackMotion again and see my current MidLock numbers to see how they compare right now to how I'm stroking my Edel...

Full WITB with pictures