LEFT DOT!!

Shankster

Flipping happens in every hobby. I have a friend who is into knives and they get flipped for high profit margins. As long as the market is there the flipping happens and the price is determined by the market. I don’t care or fault people for wanting to make money in any legal capacity nor do I care if someone wants to spend 4x the price of 12 balls to buy 3. 

Flipping doesn’t impact my life and I lose no sleep over it. I’ve missed out on a few times from Scotty Cameron releases and in some cases paid the secondary market value and others I didn’t. I’ve also flipped some of the Scotty stuff to fund other Scotty purchases. JMO

Also IMO people invest too much effort and thought into things that have zero impact on their lives

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Ya if people are willing to pay why not. I am almost tempted since I could maybe flip one box on the bay and get enough for 3 dozen avx and 4 dozen 21 prov1 on lostgolfballs 

• Like 2

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

If the Pro V1 variants perform as they're designed and purported to perform, based on the reading* that I've done,

then the garden variety Pro V1x ball is still the one that I'm supposed to be playing anyway.

Highest trajectory. Most spin.  Perfect old man Boston Sal  ball except for the price, but with so few self indulgences in other areas,  I'll live with that..

* I'm old.  I read rather than test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

I have a box of left dots for sale.....$1000.....

and only the balls in the sleeve windows are left dot, right?  haha  🤣

• Like 3

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour

I play Left Dash ProV1x and was intrigued by the stated difference in performance of the Left Dot ProV1, so I got the 2 dozen I was allowed. Should be interesting!

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 917D3 10.5deg PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 917F2 15deg  PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 818H1 22deg Mitsubishi Tensei X 105gram shaft

:titelist-small: 714 AP2 4-W KBS Tour-V X 130 gram shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 56-14 SM5 F-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 60-11 SM5 K-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Scotty Cameron Putters Circa 62 No-2 Putter

:titelist-small: PROV1x

See the source image

Gifted my dad the last three sleeves of Left Dots I had as an early birthday present. He was hesitant to play them as he didn’t want to lose them. He is a 7 handicap and has played exclusively ProV1s for years. He ended up shooting a 75 with 3 birdies today his first time out and didn’t lose one haha. He was impressed but also said he didn’t notice a ton of difference between the balls. To be fair, he is a very consistent, finesse player and I believe that he wouldn’t vary more than a stroke or two between high quality balls regardless of attributes.

5B93C9CC-6946-4529-8E3A-A7E4FAB1BAB3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Finally was healthy enough to get out and play 18 holes, after a two week layoff, with the ProV1 Left Dot. I usually play the 2019 ProV1x.

I didn't score well but I must admit this ball handled very well when hitting out of the rough. We've had a lot of rain and the greens are receptive but I was surprised at how well the ball checked up on approach shots out of the rough with my wedges. I also hit a couple of shots thin and when it caught the green it checked and didn't roll over the green as much as I thought it would.  Even on a downhill chip shot the ball checked up nicely at pin high.

On one approach shot the wind picked up and my approach shot actually stayed straight. Soft feel off the putter. My drives weren't the best but it played almost as far as my ProV1x's.

All in all it was a decent ball. Looking forward to playing again soon and I hope I play better.

I have been a Titleist fan boy since the 60's.

• Like 3

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW,  ST190 Driver, T7 SW -56 and LW -60, Srixon F85 3W, CLK -3 Hybrid 19*. Putter Evnroll ER2 Black.

Prov1x & *Prov1

hole in one.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, Tsecor said:

yes...i am playing 36 holes on Sunday and using the BXS tee to green for all 36 holes.....i used all the other balls in the same way.....its a pure "plaayability" test for me.....the only factor that will not be similar is the links course ill be playing.... wind may be a bigger factor so im nervous as the previous generation BXS was a balloon ball for me....but i understand they took off a lot of spin off the driver and long irons from this ball....we'll see

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot and bxs for 18 holes each.....i wanted to test the left dot again and do a direct comparison to the BXS. I will say i had a very good "swing weekend" where i felt fluid and loose....i made very good contact on most shots and i am glad because when i am not swinging well, its hard to tell if a ball is good or bad for you.

2021 BXS - the previous version did not work for me at all....waaaaay too much spin and it was a balloon ball.  The 2021 version is very different off the driver as its very obvious they engineered the spin rates to be lower.  The feel of this ball is very nice....I hit it well, but my dispersion off the driver was worse than i hoped for. I usually play a baby draw off the driver and if i missed this just slightly, it flew 20 yards off center and with the roll out, it made it even worse. Its not a super long ball for me either. I usually can get 260-275 out of my driver and this was about where i was with this ball....my yardages average 265 for the mnost part according to the range finder.  Mid iron shots were fine, very comparable to many other balls out there. Nothing too spectacular or nothing bad. Its a very consistent ball off the irons. on 7 or 8 iron shots into the green, it performed fine. i was hitting it wekk and the trajectory was not my ideal, but it wasnt bad. I just felt i had to give it a little extra oompff to get it to the hole.  Around the green (30 yards and in), it performed very well. I really lioke this ball in the short game. It checks up nicely and i felt comfortable getting up and down with the BXS.  my conslusion is, i could play this ball and be fine with it, but it wouldnt make my top 3 balls for the year. It reminds me of the new TP5x. its a solid ball, just not spectacular for me or anything different. It does its job and has a few hilights, but overall its a bit "boring"  if that makes any sense. The feel is great but visually, i have issues.....I really do not like the logo or the dual dimple design. Looking down at the ball, it bothers me slightly.....i know thats insane and i have to get over that but hard clicky balls really bothers me too, and i was able to get past that this summer. out of a scale of 1-10 id give this ball 7.5 or an 8. 

Left dot -  The first time i played this ball, i was unimpressed because i expected it to be the unicorn ball......after using it for a ful 18 holes, i have to say the ball is different that the 1st time i played it.  I know all the talk is to put it in between the AVX and the Prov1 but i have to be honest, i think that is a horrible slotting. TO ME, this ball belongs in between the V1x and left dash or possibly in between the V1 and v1x. This ball from a feel perspective feels more like its in between the v1x and left dash. It feel firmer than the v1x but feels closer to the v1x than the left dash. The balls trajectory is much lower than the left dash but really explodes off the driver. I have to be honest. The left dash is a beast off the driver and the left dot turned out to be better and longer.....i dont know what is in the ball but i hit 4 drives at 300 yards or slightly better. I NEVER hit 300 yards. I had one with the left dash a few weeks back but the left dot rewarded me with multiple drives at 295-305. When you flush this ball off the tee, its trajecctory and peak height is literally perfect. FOR ME, its the perfect flight.....this ball is the unicorn ball off the tee as far as feel, trajectory and distance. As i said earlier, i was swinging really good this weekend so that contributes, but even the guys i was playing with made comments. They had no idea i was testing out a new ball. I heard comments like "what the hell did you eat today?" and "Dude, thats over 300".  This is the best all around ball i have ever hit off the driver. Explosive is the term i will use.  even if i did not flush this in the middle of the face, it was very forgiving for me. Where the BXS would really spin "out of control" for me, the left dot seemed to fly 50% less off center.....on similar strikes i was aligned closer to the center of the fairway than the bxs....sometimes by 30 feet.  The iron play was a little different than the driver experience. This is where the ball comes back to reality a bit more. Its still long and still hits the trajectory window, but for me, the ball does not hold the greens as well as i had hoped. One example of this was a 6 iron shot from 178. I hit it really good and was right at the pin which was tucked in the back left corner. The shot looked beautiful off the club, flew in the window i really like. I saw the ball hit and from that distance it looked like a great result. I approached the green, saw the ball mark which was ~ 18 feet from the hole and the ball ended up rolling past the pin and off the back side of the green. I was only 10 feet from the hole and got up and down for par but the dstance from initial green contact to resting spot was almost 30 feet. That shocked me.

The very next hole was a par 3, ~150 yards. I hit an 8 iron and lifted it very high as the pin was tucked in front right corner.  It landed 15 feet from the hole and stopped because the angle of descent was very high. I feel you need to hit it higher on approach shots to limit the roll out. For me, i had multiple shots into the green with 6-8 irons that resulted in longer roll outs than other balls.  not that its bad, but i had to adjust my shots a little bit to account for this.  from 30 yards and in, the ball did not perform like a prov1...it performed more like the left dash. Its not bad, but in direct comparison to a prov1 or the BXS, the left dot is not as comfortable for me in getting up and down if needed.  If i were to play this ball full time, i would need to make some adjustments in the short game....the amount of distance i get off the tee, it may be worth it. 

Anyway, putting with the left dot was great. Its a nice firm feel, but not clicky feel off a GSS Mills putter.  you get what you put into it. I liked it.

In conclusion, I feel the left dot is a really good ball and for the last few weeks of fall golf, i have to decide if this is my ball moving forward.....the distance off the tee is almost intoxicating for me, like the left dash.....its a much better all around ball then the left dash but does have some issues with roll out for me...i would say the left dot is a nicer all around version of the left dash. To me, its nothing close to the avx and i feel the slotting near the AVX is misleading because to me the AVX fee is 100% different, the trajectories are much different and the left dot flies much further than AVX.  

For me, the top 2 balls of 2021 are the Chromesoft X and the Left dot....... 

the CSX is the better all around ball, especially sticking the greens with 7-pw, but its shorter off the tee by 10-15 yards when both are hit in similar ways. So its a question of length vs control.   

Can i adjust to the left dot's characteristics around the green or do i take less distance off the tee and use a better all around ball from 180 yards and in?    

Sorry for the long drawn out post. I think id be happy playing both balls with the regualr prov1 coming in 3rd.

CSX vs Left Dot......hmmmmmm.......

i guess ill have to play more golf to really lock it in 😉     sorry honey, scientific testing is needed through the fall. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Golf is cool

22 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot and bxs for 18 holes each.

Great update Tsecor.  Thanks for the details on what your findings were.  As you made sure to point out... each golfer's results will vary, but your granular approach to testing between balls has nuggets any one of us can take away.  

You mentioned the dispersion was good with the left dot.  I have to admit, my initial test was anecdotal with only one round played, but did you experience any overly-curvy shots (especially off the driver).  It may very well have been my bad swing that would have caused a supersoft to slice way right... but one or two drives did surprise me in the left to right category. 

I would agree... it is a great ball for a wide variety of golfers.  Looking forward to it being widely available... it is probably going to be my ball.

• Like 1

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, Tiftaaft said:

Great update Tsecor.  Thanks for the details on what your findings were.  As you made sure to point out... each golfer's results will vary, but your granular approach to testing between balls has nuggets any one of us can take away.  

You mentioned the dispersion was good with the left dot.  I have to admit, my initial test was anecdotal with only one round played, but did you experience any overly-curvy shots (especially off the driver).  It may very well have been my bad swing that would have caused a supersoft to slice way right... but one or two drives did surprise me in the left to right category. 

I would agree... it is a great ball for a wide variety of golfers.  Looking forward to it being widely available... it is probably going to be my ball.

I usually play a slight draw with the driver and this is exactly what i experienced with the left dot....it may have been just slightly less but TBH when i was watching the flight of my drives, i was amazed at the trajectory.....i really havent played a a ball with this flight pattern.....for me, it perfect...,,it seems (no data to confirm this) this ball peaks way down the fairway and keep climbing at small increments from initial contact.....no ballooning, just piercing through the atmosphere.  With the BXS, i experienced "overly curvy" shots on similar strikes......its like the side spin was more apparent in the BXS.....

• Like 3

Golf is cool

5 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

this ball peaks way down the fairway

Other than my two slices... I experienced this as well... Looking forward to getting out with it again.  

• Like 3

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

ok, so here is my update after playing the left dot...

Very excited to try this ball out tomorrow, I have had some similar experiences with some balls as you have. It is good to know about the iron roll out you experienced as that is a key element of selecting a ball but if it absolutely excels off the tee and has even a touch more iron spin than Left Dash, I can certainly make that work!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

Can i adjust to the left dot's characteristics around the green or do i take less distance off the tee and use a better all around ball from 180 yards and in?    

Well, from a full shot approach - by your findings - the left dot would give you at least on less club in... which would help in the ability to stop the ball on the green.  That wouldn't help with the around the green feel that you prefer with the the CSX, but ... it is something.   I am more of a running chip type player unless I am really needing to go at a tucked pin, in which case I usually try to really cut the legs out and drop it "straight" down.  So for me, I don't think that spin off the chip has as big an impact for me as cutting down my approach shots by a club.  As you said... more scientific testing with my game needed.  Thankfully my wife is very understanding about testing in the name of science!  😉

On 9/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Guymconners said:

I play Left Dash ProV1x and was intrigued by the stated difference in performance of the Left Dot ProV1, so I got the 2 dozen I was allowed. Should be interesting!

Looking forward to hearing your findings Guy!

• Like 2

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

33 minutes ago, Londo said:

Very excited to try this ball out tomorrow, I have had some similar experiences with some balls as you have. It is good to know about the iron roll out you experienced as that is a key element of selecting a ball but if it absolutely excels off the tee and has even a touch more iron spin than Left Dash, I can certainly make that work!

definitely has more spin than the left dash but left dash flies higher, so results into the green be similar......

left dot is less harsh then left dash....thats for sure.  i really hope titleist brings this to market

• Like 2

Golf is cool