Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Need a Fan to Put on My Push Cart

When it gets hot and humid I struggle when pushing my clicgear 3-wheel cart around the course. I bought a fan with rechargeable battery but I could barely feel the breeze from the fan. The fan had 3 flexible legs that I wrapped around the handlebar. I think the problems was the battery was mounted behind the fan and blocked too much air as the fan tried to pull it past the battery case. 

Has anyone found a good fan for their pushcart?

Pete

It wasn't on a pushcart but a guy in our league has this he puts on the cart...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Cordless-4-in-Clamp-Fan-Kit-with-1-5-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-PCF02KN/318872091

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Never used a fan. Usually just make sure I drink lots of water or find some shade if I need it. 

However if you're looking for fans I would imagine toy stores (for babies and such) may have them. With the heat wave here in Europe I've seen a few more pop up and around. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I can’t imagine they’d be powerful enough to make a difference but there are some here for push carts https://www.golfcartreport.com/best-golf-cart-fans/. You’d have to lug around a lot of, or a large battery.

I know several guys who use a reflective umbrella (they do help) with lots of hydration. https://www.amazon.com/G4Free-Protection-Umbrella-Windproof-Umbrellas/dp/B07Q8FKMS6/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=reflective+umbrella&qid=1660993927&sr=8-3

I walk in Fall-Winter-Spring and just take a motorized cart when it’s really hot. Wuss I guess…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Wet towel type things around the neck work well in dry heat, not sure how much help they are when it’s humid. A cheap option that might be worth a try.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I’ve got one that I use on my golf cart. I think it would be small enough for a push cart but big enough to provide some relief. Unfortunately, it’s at my sister’s house at the moment. The next time I’m over there I’ll take a pic and post here. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

4 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I’ve got one that I use on my golf cart. I think it would be small enough for a push cart but big enough to provide some relief. Unfortunately, it’s at my sister’s house at the moment. The next time I’m over there I’ll take a pic and post here. 

That would be great. Thanks.

Pete

7 hours ago, Middler said:

I walk in Fall-Winter-Spring and just take a motorized cart when it’s really hot. Wuss I guess…

... Smart wuss though. 🤓  I do the same when the summer temps get above 100*. Walking in that kind of heat with no wind is a recipe for heat stroke. My fall/winter/spring course is a true desert course with little shade and I always walk. My summer course is a tree lined course with plenty of shade that looks out of place in Phoenix and more like NC with all their pines. The wind from the cart moving is cooling and there is shade on every tee and around every green if you know where to park your cart, as well as most areas beside the fairways where I hang out while my pards hit their shots. The sun in Phoenix is much stronger than back in Chicago and leaving the cart in the sun while my group chips/putts out turns the vinyl seats into fry pans and can burn your legs. If there is no shade when playing a different course, I keep a wet towel in the basket and cover my seat when I leave the cart. 

... I also see some Asian women use reflective umbrellas and carry a hand fan in season. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Smart wuss though. 🤓  I do the same when the summer temps get above 100*. Walking in that kind of heat with no wind is a recipe for heat stroke. My fall/winter/spring course is a true desert course with little shade and I always walk. My summer course is a tree lined course with plenty of shade that looks out of place in Phoenix and more like NC with all their pines. The wind from the cart moving is cooling and there is shade on every tee and around every green if you know where to park your cart, as well as most areas beside the fairways where I hang out while my pards hit their shots. The sun in Phoenix is much stronger than back in Chicago and leaving the cart in the sun while my group chips/putts out turns the vinyl seats into fry pans and can burn your legs. If there is no shade when playing a different course, I keep a wet towel in the basket and cover my seat when I leave the cart. 

... I also see some Asian women use reflective umbrellas and carry a hand fan in season. 

If I play in the middle of hot days, I also search for shade and basically drive from one shade spot to the next.

I have an awesome silver semi-reflective umbrella (from Coolibar) that lowers the heat under it 15%. But umbrellas don't work well in wind and we have lots of windy days. I've had to chase it down the fairway to recover it.

Several ladies at our course have cart blankets that have an oval hole for the cart armrests to fit through. These keep the seats from burning or freezing you. We stretched cloth seat covers over the seats in our personal cart that do the same thing.

Our course has ice chests located halfway through each 9 holes that are full of small towels in ice water. These are a huge help. Most of us stop to get one to wrap around our necks as we play. I usually also pick up one to put in my cart ice chest for use after another few holes. We always turn the towels back in to the cart barn for them to wash and put out the next day.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

10 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

If I play in the middle of hot days, I also search for shade and basically drive from one shade spot to the next.

I have an awesome silver semi-reflective umbrella (from Coolibar) that lowers the heat under it 15%. But umbrellas don't work well in wind and we have lots of windy days. I've had to chase it down the fairway to recover it.

Several ladies at our course have cart blankets that have an oval hole for the cart armrests to fit through. These keep the seats from burning or freezing you. We stretched cloth seat covers over the seats in our personal cart that do the same thing.

Our course has ice chests located halfway through each 9 holes that are full of small towels in ice water. These are a huge help. Most of us stop to get one to wrap around our necks as we play. I usually also pick up one to put in my cart ice chest for use after another few holes. We always turn the towels back in to the cart barn for them to wash and put out the next day.

My wife just headed out for the second day of a ladies invitational tournament at our local country club.  High today is supposed to be 102º but only mid-80's when they start.  Fortunately, this club has lots of trees compared to our course, and she always has the cooling towel.  No wind today, which is unusual, and a cooling fan would be a welcome addition.  Her cousin  who winters in Palm Desert has a cart with a fan built into the roof... where your flamingo is.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

When I used to walk during the summer I always had my umbrella out, wet towel, and plenty of water. If you really need/want a fan, I'd recommend something with a mister on it. I've been eyeing this Kobalt Fan to have around the house but it's probably too bulky for your application unless you want to make some serious modifications and add weight to your push cart.

Kobalt 7-in 3-Speed Indoor or Outdoor Blue Misting Stand Fan in the Jobsite Blowers department at Lowes.com

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

The fan we use for my sons stroller may not be too bad. It’s 3 flexible legs with a fan 5DF5B578-00B4-40CA-9347-BCE263A02E97.png.75381fcd10e1a938833e6ad9d9f1f192.png

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I personally don’t use it. I would use an umbrella a to protect myself from the sun and some cooling towels. I really focus though on hydration. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

On 8/21/2022 at 3:18 PM, RollingGreens said:

The fan we use for my sons stroller may not be too bad. It’s 3 flexible legs with a fan 5DF5B578-00B4-40CA-9347-BCE263A02E97.png.75381fcd10e1a938833e6ad9d9f1f192.png

The one I got from Amazon was similar. Mine had a big battery pack on the back that seemed to block a lot of the airflow. It just didn't put out as much airflow as I wanted.

Pete

The summer here is winding down, but it's still around 100º every day this week.  Reading this thread, I went to Amazon and bought a fan... variable speed with a battery and USB.  Our club's carts have two USB ports, but this fan has a battery life of 6-24 hours depending on the speed used.  Ordered it on Sunday and it arrived yesterday... wow!!  My wife will take it to try when she plays today.  

I may try it on my push cart later this week.  The problem with a push cart and an umbrella for sun protection is that the humidity is very high in the morning after irrigation and there is no air movement under the umbrella when there is no breeze.  Maybe this will help. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm with what some others here have recommended and that's using a fan from a tool company. Milwaukee, Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt, etc. If you already have a tool brand you're partial to and have the batteries for, buy that one. Most of these worksite battery fans are actually designed to move some significant CFMs relative to the cheap crap that's out there. The only issue is that mounting can be a little challenging but nothing a couple zip ties couldn't handle temporarily until the summer heat drops off.

My Ridgid jobsite fan does put out some serious CFM and I love it for use at home. It is just too big to mount on the cart. I could use the Ridgid battery with the Ridgid USB converter adapter I have to power a USB fan that does not have the battery built in. 

Pete

Sorry I took so long to post a pic. I think I got it at Home Depot. 

20685CFF-F202-413B-AFDE-6E9B3323B08E.jpeg

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS