SPARK League Golf

Good morning everybody.  I’m about to start a golf league next week with my wife.  It’s a teams of 2, 9 hole 4 ball format.  It has a few rule changes to encourage fast play, like lateral drops for OB and gimmes inside 3 feet.  Seems like a perfect opportunity to play golf with my wife, who in the spectrum of golf enthusiasts, is more of a happy to go along, and tolerates my obsession.  Has anyone ever played in this league, apparently they are all over the place?

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0°, Mitsubishi TENSEI 70

:callaway-small:  Mavrick 3 Wood, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 80 Graphite

:titleist-small: TSi3, 19°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV RAW WHITE S

:titleist-small: T100s 4-G, Project X LZ 6.0

:titleist-small: SM6 52°

:callaway-small: Jaws Forged 56°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser

Maxfli Tour

Talk about a hole in one.  - Happy Gilmore (1996)

Hey there! I've been eyeing this in my area, but unfortunately I've not been able to make it work with my schedule, as the dad of two kids (7 & 3), with dinner and bedtime always getting in the way.  

However, I've heard nothing but great things about Spark, and people REALLY seem to like playing in it.  I'm hoping for one a little more local to where I am (the closest one is about 30 minutes away, which with LA traffic means 1:15 each way), so that I can make it part of my spring/summer routine.  

Best of luck, and let us know how you like it!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Played my first round of Spark golf and it was a blast.  You enter your score on their app, which automatically inputs your adjusted score based on your handicap.  The app also shows everyone's scores in real time, so it was really fun to know how everyone else is playing and whether you need to be aggressive or not.  My partner and I finished the day in 3rd, with an adjusted score of -4.  We were able to play 9 holes in about an hour and 50 minutes, which got us home in time to relieve the babysitter at a reasonable hour.  Whether you are looking to play some extra golf, relieve some boredom on a weekday or in need of some friendly competition, I highly recommend joining a local Spark league.

Maxfli Tour

On 4/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Hey there! I've been eyeing this in my area, but unfortunately I've not been able to make it work with my schedule, as the dad of two kids (7 & 3), with dinner and bedtime always getting in the way.  

However, I've heard nothing but great things about Spark, and people REALLY seem to like playing in it.  I'm hoping for one a little more local to where I am (the closest one is about 30 minutes away, which with LA traffic means 1:15 each way), so that I can make it part of my spring/summer routine.  

Best of luck, and let us know how you like it!

I have a 14 month old, so I totally understand dad commitments. Thankfully the course we play is only about a 5 minute drive, and right on my way home from work.  If you can swing it, a mid week round really brightens up the week.

Maxfli Tour