2024 PING G430 MAX 10K Driver

GolfSpy_APH

So I finally had a perfect weather day to really see what the 10k could do- no wind, no rain, not cold, not soggy… just a perfect 75 degree day with dry conditions and no real wind. And all I have to say is “Wow!” Hit one 310 another 325 (hill assisted) and averaged 275 on flat holes. I lost one drive because of a bad swing. EVERYTHING else was either in the fairway or just slightly off. I’ll stick with my original impression that where this baby shines is when you swing out of your shoes- it just gives me confidence to do so and the forgiveness to get away with it. For some reason I have improved my angle of attack with the 10k- not sure what it is, but it works best for me at the -1 setting. And turning it down does not make it look open at address- might be the huge head size. I don’t no I’ve how large it is because of the carbon section- the turbulatos and dark black matte front section draw my eyes forward so I don’t notice how long it is in the back. I also shot my best round this year (weather sure helps) with a 4 putt- 78. I am really enjoying this club. 

IMG_7959.gif

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

9 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

So I finally had a perfect weather day to really see what the 10k could do- no wind, no rain, not cold, not soggy… just a perfect 75 degree day with dry conditions and no real wind. And all I have to say is “Wow!” Hit one 310 another 325 (hill assisted) and averaged 275 on flat holes. I lost one drive because of a bad swing. EVERYTHING else was either in the fairway or just slightly off. I’ll stick with my original impression that where this baby shines is when you swing out of your shoes- it just gives me confidence to do so and the forgiveness to get away with it. For some reason I have improved my angle of attack with the 10k- not sure what it is, but it works best for me at the -1 setting. And turning it down does not make it look open at address- might be the huge head size. I don’t no I’ve how large it is because of the carbon section- the turbulatos and dark black matte front section draw my eyes forward so I don’t notice how long it is in the back. I also shot my best round this year (weather sure helps) with a 4 putt- 78. I am really enjoying this club. 

IMG_7959.gif

What shaft/headweight are you playing?

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

54 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

What shaft/headweight are you playing?

I have the Kai Li White 60S in the 10K. Funny thing is I got the adapter changed in my GD Tour AD UB which launched perfect in the original Paradym I played last year but in the 10K it launches really high, giving me spinny balloon balls. Go figure.

Good thing I didn’t settle on the in store Alta and waited for the special order Kai Li. I figured even though I hit the Kai Li better on monitor I was just going to switch whatever shaft I got with the 10k and play the GD shaft. (The adapter wasn’t in when I demoed the 10k).  I’m getting great results with the Kai Li on the course. Last year I averaged 256 with the Paradym and the GD shaft. So far, my GPS has me at 270 (with only on nice weather round). It’s a small sample size of 6 rounds, but it’s promising- especially since I made the switch to the 10k because of better dispersion. If I end the season with more distance too, then “WOW!” 

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st round today as I'm getting the distance from it for sure but so far only have used the stock shaft which it's not going to stay as I do have a VA Composites Slay shaft coming which will give me the better feel the stock shaft is lacking. The ball takes a pretty straight flight and when I mishit it I found it to still keep me in play which is what I'm impressed about. 

Driver:titleist-small: GT2 9*  w/ ARETERA Alpha One Blue 55-3

3W :titleist-small: GT 2 13.5* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 

5W :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/ :Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

4H: :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/:Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: i530 5-PW w/ :Fuji: AXIOM 75 shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Bag: :titleist-small: FOLDS of HONOR

After watching the video  discussing the 10K and being fitted for the Tour 2.0 Black, I'm wondering why Ping makes the shafts shorter than the Alta CB if the head is forgiving.  Would it not make more sense to have the shafts the same length in the 10K head ?

On 5/16/2024 at 7:40 PM, JY56 said:

After watching the video  discussing the 10K and being fitted for the Tour 2.0 Black, I'm wondering why Ping makes the shafts shorter than the Alta CB if the head is forgiving.  Would it not make more sense to have the shafts the same length in the 10K head ?

Swing weight. All of their stock non counter balanced shafts are shorter to maintain a reasonable swing weight because the Ping heads are about 10g heavier than other brand heads.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:21 PM, Rearviewmirror said:

Great first round with the 10K and the 25g weight with the Tour Chrome 2.0 in stiff. I think this is my gamer combo going forward (mainly just to let it settle in). I wasn't seeing any two way misses any more, and the miss was a pull hook, which is me, not the club.

If anyone else is struggling with inconsistency in dispersion sometimes, I would definitely think about trying a lighter headweight. Way cheaper than going with a new shaft.

IMG_8857CC96CA6D-1.jpeg.7b512ced0d33357e479bdcebf8bc7820.jpeg

So I ordered a 24 and 20 gram set.   I just gotta see what happens.   It will be interesting---not sure if i will find more ball speed and performance or the trees!

• Driver--:titleist-small: TSr 3 -9* (B1) -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - image.png.d0176d18d9ceb1317233e258be95d3b7.png- G430Max 15*-Flat, 3 Wood -Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7-X
  • Fairway - image.png.15c97d4865288e26d52bce8c57064167.png- G430MAX 20* (-1, flat) 7 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Hybrid - image.png.9e093926e300ff1030b63d07f1aa41b7.png- G430MAX 3 Hybrid (-1, Flat) Alta CB Stiff (looking for a new shaft)
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron (18*, flat) Project X RDX Red 6.5 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag
  • Clic Gear 4.0 push cart

image.png

image.png

16 hours ago, KevB_44 said:

So I ordered a 24 and 20 gram set.   I just gotta see what happens.   It will be interesting---not sure if i will find more ball speed and performance or the trees!

I think adding weight would be a NO NO from a conforming club standpoint, but curious if anyone has done that????   not sure u could even do it with a different weight---probably need lead tape or hot melt which would turn this thing into a sledge hammer....

• Fairway - image.png.d0176d18d9ceb1317233e258be95d3b7.png- G430Max 15*-Flat, 3 Wood -Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7-X
  • Fairway - image.png.15c97d4865288e26d52bce8c57064167.png- G430MAX 20* (-1, flat) 7 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Hybrid - image.png.9e093926e300ff1030b63d07f1aa41b7.png- G430MAX 3 Hybrid (-1, Flat) Alta CB Stiff (looking for a new shaft)
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron (18*, flat) Project X RDX Red 6.5 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

image.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, KevB_44 said:

I think adding weight would be a NO NO from a conforming club standpoint, but curious if anyone has done that????   not sure u could even do it with a different weight---probably need lead tape or hot melt which would turn this thing into a sledge hammer....

Replacing the stock weight with another weight does not make the club non conforming,   Most OEMs sell alternative weights for the clubs.   No different than adding lead tape except that it is cleaner since it replaces the weights that came with the club.  Typically they just change the material and how much metal is removed to get to the different weights.   Here is a link where you can buy them directly from ping

https://ping.com/en-us/shop/grips/sole-weights/g430-driver-sole-weights

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

gonna drop some ca$h on this one today...

see how it goes...

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Titleist GT3, Mitsubishi 1K Black 6.5 - X-Stiff

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W 17*, Project X Denali 6.0 70g - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4i thru PW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X (4i - 21*, PW - 42*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.08F, 56.14K, 60.04T Grind 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 (2004)

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Replacing the stock weight with another weight does not make the club non conforming,   Most OEMs sell alternative weights for the clubs.   No different than adding lead tape except that it is cleaner since it replaces the weights that came with the club.  Typically they just change the material and how much metal is removed to get to the different weights.   Here is a link where you can buy them directly from ping

https://ping.com/en-us/shop/grips/sole-weights/g430-driver-sole-weights

Thanks--I did get a couple of the lighter weights.   In this case, I suppose the point I was making was that increasing the weight would increase the MOI and it would be greater than the 10K threshold and therefore be non-conforming.   I don't have enough data to perform the calculation myself, but assuming the club is at or very near the threshold, the MOI would increase and likely cross the conformance ceiling (maybe I am wrong).   This club doesn't have a lot of gadgetry to tinker with other than the hosel and the amount of weight.   I figure the lighter weight will move the CG forward and perhaps provide a little more performance with less forgiveness (8K?).  Clubs with two weights---a heavier one in the forward position (like Epic)) would reduce launch and spin but may improve some carry. I played an epic that way, but some people played it the opposite way if they wanted more launch from say a 3 wood.

image.png

image.png

it would be great if someone could assemble a chart that gave you the MOI based on the rear weight.  Then it would be interesting to compare that to say the standard G430MAX, or lets say a TSR3 or SIM2, etc........   This way one may understand what they are giving up in terms of forgiveness and what it may compare to.  I mean, I might pop a 20g weight in there and it may still have 3X the MOI of say a TSR3 ......

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, KevB_44 said:

it would be great if someone could assemble a chart that gave you the MOI based on the rear weight.  Then it would be interesting to compare that to say the standard G430MAX, or lets say a TSR3 or SIM2, etc........   This way one may understand what they are giving up in terms of forgiveness and what it may compare to.  I mean, I might pop a 20g weight in there and it may still have 3X the MOI of say a TSR3 ......

I'm sure there will be tests done going forward and maybe there will be a better weight to use for some people.  Meanwhile, from my fittings this seems to be the best fit right now of the models I tried.  I'm looking forward to getting to actually try it on the course, as opposed to the range.

7 hours ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

gonna drop some ca$h on this one today...

see how it goes...

so, that didn't go so well... hit, the LST and had horrible results... then i hit the 10k and that wasn't any better... numbers weren't bad, but the club felt dead to me... 

i also hit the Max as well and that was the only one that felt similar to my G425 but none of these clubs are replacing what i can produce currently... so G425 it is...

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

16 hours ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

so, that didn't go so well... hit, the LST and had horrible results... then i hit the 10k and that wasn't any better... numbers weren't bad, but the club felt dead to me... 

i also hit the Max as well and that was the only one that felt similar to my G425 but none of these clubs are replacing what i can produce currently... so G425 it is...

Not for everyone I suppose.  I always figured shaft choice was the biggest decider on whether club worked or not.  Fitters tell me with the newer heads it is not as much so anymore but I noticed a big difference when I got fitted, some just feel so good and more in control.  What shaft(s) did you try ?  What shaft in your 425 ?

was using the Alta CB 55 (S) in both which probably wasn't the correct one imo...

i have a driver fitting scheduled for the 27th so i will see how that goes and give it another shot...

i have a Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70S in my G425... which is probably the difference... built for my strike and swing...

Currently Gaming:

2 hours ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

was using the Alta CB 55 (S) in both which probably wasn't the correct one imo...

i have a driver fitting scheduled for the 27th so i will see how that goes and give it another shot...

i have a Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70S in my G425... which is probably the difference... built for my strike and swing...

Fitter took that Alta CB away after one swing and said it wasn't for me.  In my case, 100mph the Ping Chrome was better than Kai'li but the Tour Black felt and performed best.  All were in S flex for my swing speed and tempo. 

3 hours ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

Interesting that you did not try it with the Chrome 2.0 shaft, as that shaft profile is more similar to the Aldila Rogue White, although the Chrome weighs less than the Alta CB shaft, which is also a soft mid profile, but with a softer tip for higher launch.

With Ping stating that they were going for increased ball speeds off the faces with the G430 models compared to the G425's I am looking forward to hearing what your fitting results on the 27th may lead too.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

I couldn't find any information, specs etc for the Ping shafts.  I know the Tour Black felt a lot more stable to me than the Chrome.  It felt similar to a Tensei Black AV that I had tried with Taylormade, although the weight of the Ping shaft is less than the Tensei from what I could find. 

I ordered a weight set just to tinker around with this thing.  The stock 28g weight really was fine.   Super straight, good distance--really holding up against my TSR3 although definitely straighter.   Just hitting balls at the range and changing out the weights, I found the 24g felt completely different and my carry increased.   It felt like the ball was just exploding off of the face.   I don't know or understand why other than to hypothesize that my Ventus TR Black is a half inch longer than the Ping Tour 2.0 Black.   Maybe the ventus is a little more tip heavy (not sure and don't know how to confirm that).   Maybe the lighter weight combined with the additional length changed the balance and feel and that impacted me more than I could have imagined.

I played a round yesterday and it was the best driving day i had in a long time.   I was notably longer than I have been playing the same holes from a week ago with no real change in dispersion.   While I rarely saw anything fade or move right in the standard set-up, I was getting just a little bit of left to right shaping (right handed golfer).   

Really happy, but completely shocked that a 4g change could have such an impact.

image.png

image.png

On 5/19/2024 at 6:58 PM, KevB_44 said:

I got a 19 gram weight to try out- mostly because I have a GD Tour AD UB I didn’t want to give up on with the 10k- the UB was launching too high, while it was perfect in the Paradym. I figured the lighter head weight (like the Paradym) would make the UB more playable. Tried it out on the back 9 yesterday and it worked. The lighter weight in the 10k lowered the launch so much that I played it at 10.5. (I usually play the Kai Li at 9 or 9.5.) This will be the perfect set-up for those windy days or if I ever get to play a dry course. I haven’t played it enough to be able to judge what the lighter weight will do to the dispersion, but I like having the option of things go stale with the Kail li and the 28 gram weight (which was actually 29 when I weighed it- I wanted the check if the aftermarket 19 was accurate). 

1 hour ago, DukeStKing said:

I got a 19 gram weight to try out- mostly because I have a GD Tour AD UB I didn’t want to give up on with the 10k- the UB was launching too high, while it was perfect in the Paradym. I figured the lighter head weight (like the Paradym) would make the UB more playable. Tried it out on the back 9 yesterday and it worked. The lighter weight in the 10k lowered the launch so much that I played it at 10.5. (I usually play the Kai Li at 9 or 9.5.) This will be the perfect set-up for those windy days or if I ever get to play a dry course. I haven’t played it enough to be able to judge what the lighter weight will do to the dispersion, but I like having the option of things go stale with the Kail li and the 28 gram weight (which was actually 29 when I weighed it- I wanted the check if the aftermarket 19 was accurate). 

Interesting---i would have figured you would have seen a higher launch with a 19g weight.   I think the HL version of the 430 10K is just that---a lighter weighted version.   I do think it is all about how you react/feel the club and the combination of the shaft undoubtedly plays a role.   I have never touched a GD Tour AD UB so have no point of reference.  I do figure the lighter weight moves the center of gravity of the club head forward and that can lower the spin and launch angle.

image.png

image.png

Posted (edited)

I have a VA Nemesys 45 shaft 45.5" coming as it's a counterbalance shaft and I'm going to experiment with a 24 gram rear weight. I hearing all of these options people are trying has me wondering too. Well the Nemesys needed to be tipped and I just didn't want to keep trying new things as the ball flight was just too high and the dispersion was all over the place as the head felt a bit heavier than what I wanted and by going to a lighter gram weight in the rest that would have raised the ball flight even more. 

So I'm going all TM Qi10 woods keeping it all the same as I really like the looks of the Qi10's and the feel is better with the Qi10 driver and I'm squeezing out a few more yards with it as it's forgiving enough for me.  The PING 10K Max is still a great driver as I just done so well over the last few years with TM woods.

Edited by RangerGrey
Upgraded

Driver:titleist-small: GT2 9*  w/ ARETERA Alpha One Blue 55-3

3W :titleist-small: GT 2 13.5* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 

5W :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/ :Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

4H: :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/:Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: i530 5-PW w/ :Fuji: AXIOM 75 shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Bag: :titleist-small: FOLDS of HONOR

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Screenshot_20240628_211557_Instagram.jpg

wonder how anybody could confuse that a g430 max 10k hl wouldn't be the same as the standard g430 max 10k.  At least they are making it right.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

On 3/25/2024 at 2:00 PM, KevB_44 said:

I should also say that after the first couple times out with the Ping, I thought I made a mistake and it wasn't for me.   I take it back...   I really like the Titleist and it has been good---the look, the feel, the sound, and the distance, but for me it could be demanding and a few times I just would hesitate and hit my driving iron or a 3 or 5 wood figuring i would just have to make it up on the next shot--better to be in play than looking for a ball under a tree.  

I am hoping with the G430 10K Max, I might have the power and the accuracy to avoid "negotiating" at the tee on some days.   

I am hoping also, but so far after a few rounds and 3 driving range visits, Im finding the 430 10k, lacking in distance and workability. I have tried two shafts, Alta CB 55 and Tour Chrome 65 Reg with little difference from both. My Ping G410 Plus is still 20-30 yards further with greater launch power. The 430 feels like Im hitting a brick, harder to get thru. I will admit it is a fairway finder, however for the holes where I need 220 plus over water, it is lacking right now. Not sure if its a dud or I need yet another shaft. 

FYI to the 10k fans: I was lucky to be chosen to test the Graphite Design AD VR in my 10k. I will be putting it up against the Kai Li White and the AD UB. Considering the AD UB does what GD says for me, which is a fade bias and the Kai Li White is something I can turn over to the left, I’m hoping to see if the VR is something I can turn the ball over to the left (GD says its draw biased). If the VR is what it advertises then it will be the best of both worlds- I would get the the stability and great dispersion of the GD UB and the ability to move it to the left (the Kai Li). Stay tuned.