Going to Vegas in April

Hey all,

I'm sure this has been posted a million times, so I apologize.

I am going to Vegas this April for the national bowling tournament, but looking to hit the golf course about a half dozen times before we bowl.  What courses have you all enjoyed?  We are looking to play a few times at some courses at the "average" price for out there, and one round at a fancier place.  Also looking to do some night golf...are there any places besides Angel Park and the LV Golf Center on the Strip?

Where have you all played and fell in love with?  Any courses stand out to you as a great place for the money?  

TIA!

-Tim

My absolute favorite out there is Paiute. Three courses, a bit out of town to the NW, but BEAUTIFUL! Staff always seems great; it’s like you’re on vacation when you’re there. (My opinion…)

Just off the strip, I used to play Las Vegas National quite often. Really old school layout with bungalow houses along the holes. No idea if it’s in good or bad shape; used to be a bit shaggy sometimes, but a fun layout nonetheless. I think they used to play the LV Open there?

If you want to play higher end, I like Rio Secco in Henderson. You might even see Butch Harmon and/or a tour pro roaming around. 
Have fun!!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I agree Paiute is a great spot. There are three courses, the only one I’m familiar with is the wolf it is a tourist fav as it has an island green on 15 similar to sawgrass   Great layout and in good shape  

My overall favorite course in the area if not overall is Wolf Creek up in Mesquite, NV  it’s 90 miles north of the strip and can be expensive if you go during peak season but the views and elevation are like no course I’ve ever played  

On 1/19/2024 at 9:17 PM, TGillick said:

Hey all,

I'm sure this has been posted a million times, so I apologize.

I am going to Vegas this April for the national bowling tournament, but looking to hit the golf course about a half dozen times before we bowl.  What courses have you all enjoyed?  We are looking to play a few times at some courses at the "average" price for out there, and one round at a fancier place.  Also looking to do some night golf...are there any places besides Angel Park and the LV Golf Center on the Strip?

Where have you all played and fell in love with?  Any courses stand out to you as a great place for the money?  

TIA!

What days are you in Vegas? I will be there on April 21st actually myself. Just curious. 

We are playing Conestoga and Wolf Creek in Mesquite as well. Good luck!

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter