Can't Recommend Stewart Q Follow

knotthead17

Sorry to read about your negative experience; I've read other negative reviews of the Q Follow.

To me it sounds like the #1 technical issue is the Bluetooth un-pairing .. that's a pretty big fail on the course...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, knotthead17 said:

I've wanted a Stewart follow cart for at least 5 years now and I finally splurged on a Q Follow. I can't believe this is a second generation product. There are so many glaring issues. I don't know how they charge what they do yet miss so many fundamental issues. Have they never used another electric cart? Until they fix the following, stay away from the Q Follow. This list is in order of importance for me.

• When turning have the inside wheel slow instead of stop completely. Could lead to less erratic motion, easier to steer, especially on concrete*
  • Ability to charge the battery while still attached
  • Battery indicator without using app
  • Smaller remote with bigger buttons with better feedback*
  • Follow sensor separate from remote*
  • Longer range on the remote (maybe mine is bad?)*
  • When the bluetooth button is accidentally clicked don’t instantly unpair from cart, only on long press to prevent accidental unpairing from a distance (you can't pair again unless you are right next to it)*
  • Phone holder
  • Ability to unfold top half of handle when bottom part is also unfolded so it doesn’t get locked in place without access to lower fold button (less of an issue if battery doesn’t need to be removed to charge) but still shouldn't happen

They do have a 30 day trial however I purchased toward the end of year and only had the chance to use it a few times before that window otherwise I would 100% return it

* I feel all of these could be fixed with a software update and a new remote. If this happened it would be a maybe purchase...

Q Follow Stuck.JPG

I don't walk much anymore, if any, but from this review I'd say serious improvements would be in order prior to giving any consideration to purchase...🤔

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

I have not seen many follow carts in use in the US but they were all over Scotland. I probably should have rented one while I was there to try it out. I would walk every course if they'd let me and if they were really walkable; like the course near me that is about 800 yards from the 3rd green to the 4th tee is not really walkable, and they wouldn't let you walk anyway even if it were.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Sorry to read about your negative experience; I've read other negative reviews of the Q Follow.

To me it sounds like the #1 technical issue is the Bluetooth un-pairing .. that's a pretty big fail on the course...

Yeah... I just hope I can pass along info to let others learn from my choices. I do feel that they could make an amazing product, I don't think any of these changes would be insurmountable. I'm surprised they didn't implement the changes for the Q follow 

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There has been a running theme with these carts...

Yeah I'm seeing that more and more now, just want to keep sharing info so people can learn from it

Untitled design-3.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:52 AM, knotthead17 said:

I've wanted a Stewart follow cart for at least 5 years now and I finally splurged on a Q Follow. I can't believe this is a second generation product. There are so many glaring issues. I don't know how they charge what they do yet miss so many fundamental issues. Have they never used another electric cart? Until they fix the following, stay away from the Q Follow. This list is in order of importance for me.

• When turning have the inside wheel slow instead of stop completely. Could lead to less erratic motion, easier to steer, especially on concrete*
  • Ability to charge the battery while still attached
  • Battery indicator without using app
  • Smaller remote with bigger buttons with better feedback*
  • Follow sensor separate from remote*
  • Longer range on the remote (maybe mine is bad?)*
  • When the bluetooth button is accidentally clicked don’t instantly unpair from cart, only on long press to prevent accidental unpairing from a distance (you can't pair again unless you are right next to it)*
  • Phone holder
  • Ability to unfold top half of handle when bottom part is also unfolded so it doesn’t get locked in place without access to lower fold button (less of an issue if battery doesn’t need to be removed to charge) but still shouldn't happen

They do have a 30 day trial however I purchased toward the end of year and only had the chance to use it a few times before that window otherwise I would 100% return it

* I feel all of these could be fixed with a software update and a new remote. If this happened it would be a maybe purchase...

Q Follow Stuck.JPG

I found your thread after I'd already placed an order for a Stewart Vertx (sheduled for delivery today).  Agree the remote looks more bulky than it should be.  I'd already imagined that I'd be removing the battery for charging after each round - prior to folding the unit up, so that one doesn't bother me.  And I almost never have my phone out during a round - so no holder doesn't affect me.  Agree with you on a battery indicator.  Stewart's been in business for a long time and this is not their first product.

Supposedly the first generation had a very weak upper handle that was prone to breaking.  Stewart USA assured me that issue has been addressed and the units are now made with a stronger material.

All that said - the Active Terrain Control of the Vertx was too strong of a lure for me to resist.

Things I am concerned about:

My bag loaded bag weighs 26 lbs.  Reading the manual ahead of arrival - indicates they designed the cart for optimal operation with a bag that weighs 31 lbs (probably traction and battery life sweet spot).

I hate the lack of some kind of storage pouch (Like you see on the BagBoy carts) or net (like you see on a Clicgear cart).  I use the net on my clicgear 4.0 to keep my rangefinder a little closer and i toss my glove and headcovers in there when they are not being used.  

Will see soon enough, I suppose.

PXG

Cobra

Mizuno

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the Stewart Follow woes !!!

I’ve had 2 follow trolleys over 5 years, X9 and the Q follow since 2022.

Your negative comments are all so correct but they are relevant to ALL Stewart electric trolleys.

However the one particular PROBLEM that is only associated with ALL follow versions is that only ONE PERSON can use follow function otherwise the trolley spins and flies off in a random direction.

Stewart state the trolleys have to be at least 5m apart to not interfere with each other and that it states this in the user manual. TOO LATE if you and a mate have already bought them 🤬🤬🤬

and their customer service is seriously lacking - SERIOUSLY!!!

Keen amateur 

Cobra King F9 driver

Callaway 3w & 5w

Taylormade M4 5-PW

Cleveland RTX mid grind 50, 58, 56, 60

Oddysey Versa Sabretooth putter (as used by Inbee Park)

Bushnell Pro X3 Rangefinder