Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Cell Phone Tripod

My Samsung S20 Ultra has a decent camera for recording in slowmo and super slowmo, so I'm looking for a stand to record my swing.

Do you have a stand that you really like? One that's not going to blow over with the slightest breeze? Value is the key here. I'm not looking for the most expensive one. I just want a decent stand that has good stability. 

Any suggestions?

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

I have a small tripod with flexible legs, and I attach it to my golf bag to get the appropriate height.  Mine is made by ubeesize, they sell through Amazon, this one is similar to mine:

https://www.amazon.com/UBeesize-Phone-Tripod-Wireless-Compatible/dp/B07837W5NX?th=1

I did have one made by Joby, but after a while it wasn't able to maintain certain positions, the "joints" had become loose. 

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Just bought one of these and the base is wide and fairly sturdy.  It collapses small enough to fit in my bag and the remote uses a battery rather than rechargeable.  The 

The one I had before collapsed smaller but the base was not very wide and the remote was rechargeable and was always discharged when I needed it.  I hate having to remember to recharge it (and in the end, it quite taking a charge).  You can always carry and extra battery or two.

https://a.co/d/1qOZSRn

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15* (set to 17*), Stealth 2, 22*, both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 4H, Xcaliber RTI75 S  

Irons: :Takomo: IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

image.png

The GolfPod is by far the best one I've found. It's more expensive than any of the other ones, but it's build quality and ease-of-use are very good. I'd recommend also going with the version that has the magnetic holder as this makes it super easy. No messing with a dumb holder that you have to expand every time you grab your phone. 

Edited by brogies
Fixed typo

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: 2023 ProV1x / 2024 Vice Pro Plus