Edel Array Putters . 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

So I have to admit, I ordered a new putter the other day...I have an EVNROLL EV8 on order.

I still like the Array, but after many rounds I'm still not enthralled with the feel off the putter face. As I said, I have been on the lookout for another putter option that could be built to my specs, and the EVNROLL lets me do it (with the exception of the 3-dots...had to go with a single line in the EVNROLL).

I have burned SOOOO many edges with the Edel that I'm forced to wonder if a little more tech in the face would put my putts over the edge, know what I mean?  Anyway, the Array now has competition on the way...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

So I have to admit, I ordered a new putter the other day...I have an EVNROLL EV8 on order.

I still like the Array, but after many rounds I'm still not enthralled with the feel off the putter face. As I said, I have been on the lookout for another putter option that could be built to my specs, and the EVNROLL lets me do it (with the exception of the 3-dots...had to go with a single line in the EVNROLL).

I have burned SOOOO many edges with the Edel that I'm forced to wonder if a little more tech in the face would put my putts over the edge, know what I mean?  Anyway, the Array now has competition on the way...

It is a tough evaluation.   How much is the putter and how much is the skill level.   What are you expecting "tech" to accomplish?  If you are aiming correctly (putter helps with this skill) and starting the ball where you aimed (mostly stroke skill but the putter can help with this) then the problem becomes tour and/or read which the putter probably won't help improve.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

It is a tough evaluation.   How much is the putter and how much is the skill level.   What are you expecting "tech" to accomplish?  If you are aiming correctly (putter helps with this skill) and starting the ball where you aimed (mostly stroke skill but the putter can help with this) then the problem becomes tour and/or read which the putter probably won't help improve.   

I hear what you are saying, but I come back to generally not being a big fan of the feel off the face. For me, it feels almost like putting with a PING driver face…the closest comparison that springs to mind concerning the sound. As subjective as that is, I feel I might putt a little better if I just like the putter a bit more.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

7 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

I hear what you are saying, but I come back to generally not being a big fan of the feel off the face. For me, it feels almost like putting with a PING driver face…the closest comparison that springs to mind concerning the sound. As subjective as that is, I feel I might putt a little better if I just like the putter a bit more.

I recently switch from a low compression ball to a high compression ball after going through the Ballnamic ball fitting. I never had an issue with the feel of the Edel face before, but since switching to the firmer ball I have noticed exactly what you are describing. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 6-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :PXG:
 Mustang Battle Ready
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

• 3 weeks later...

I've been struggling with my putting the past few weeks. I tried my Bloodline Vale and actually putted even worse. I then threw my 20 year old 2-ball in the bag and saw some promising results. The thing that really stood out to me was how much lighter the 2-ball was vs my F-3. The weight kit is out of stock right now on the Edel site, but I'm thinking about ordering it when it becomes available. I actually took both weights out for 9 holes last night and had 1 of the better putting rounds I've had recently. I was surprised at how solid the putter felt with no weights in it.

Mustang Battle Ready

• 3 weeks later...

Was going to give a brief update with stats, but my July was so crazy that I only two rounds. I’ve played twice so far in August; will give an update with stats at the end of the month.

As a teaser— I am loving my Array. Last two rounds, I have gained over 2 strokes, including today’s round, which was on aerated greens. 

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 7:12 AM, Parshooter36 said:

I've been struggling with my putting the past few weeks. I tried my Bloodline Vale and actually putted even worse. I then threw my 20 year old 2-ball in the bag and saw some promising results. The thing that really stood out to me was how much lighter the 2-ball was vs my F-3. The weight kit is out of stock right now on the Edel site, but I'm thinking about ordering it when it becomes available. I actually took both weights out for 9 holes last night and had 1 of the better putting rounds I've had recently. I was surprised at how solid the putter felt with no weights in it.

A bit of an update on this post. Since I couldn't get the weight kit, I thought I would try a counter balanced approach. I bought a Super Stroke Zenergy Pistol 2.0 grip and since I like to deal in extremes, I ordered the heaviest weight (75 grams) they offered.  

So far my results have been fantastic. It's probably just a honeymoon phase, but I seem to have a lot more control and my ball is starting on my intended line nearly every time.

Mustang Battle Ready

Putting is one of my better golfing skills and despite winning our golf club’s Match Play Putting Championship this year I’ve been wondering whether I could improve and if my current putter was holding me back.

Going through the Edel putter fitting process has been on my wishlist for a few years now.

IMG_0821.jpeg.4aad04e0be52dc4d98ac646d75ed4a04.jpeg

So, a few weeks ago I was in Denver, CO and made it a point to stop by the Edel headquarters.  

I brought my current putter with me as a baseline and was intent on being as open minded as possible regarding what model of putter, alignment aid, specs, etc. that would deliver the best results.

Was guided through the putter fitting by Nico Edel and was fit into the Array F2 putter.

IMG_0820.jpeg.057285497974eaca03eba23217d2e63b.jpeg

Not too surprising I guess since I’ve been playing some variation of a fang style putter for the past 8 years with generally good results.

IMG_1541.jpeg.1f5850173484c457724a0082673398c5.jpeg

Part of my interest in going through the putter fitting was to see how close I came to fitting myself correctly with my currently set up Odyssey O-Works Black #7.

Ended up with very similar specs except for the slant hosel in the Edel vs the double bend in the Odyssey.

IMG_0838.jpeg.62591db5b08c6296825c8a739dab9115.jpeg

Also the toe and heel weights are not the same in the Edel to promote a little more flow.

IMG_0842.jpeg.a906e0b295dd6a3a2e8b97bdca6f1ed6.jpeg

Same length, shaft and grip.  Similar amount of counter balance weight. But flatter lie angle in the Edel Array putter.

IMG_0840.jpeg.02e78f3904e13996c98bfd7371dc4463.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg.edc847bafef3cdf7263abdfc36b04d9b.jpeg

Fast forward to now and I’ve had the Edel putter in play for about half a dozen rounds and it seems as if I am already aiming the putter and starting the ball on my intended line better than before.

Just finished a three day tournament and despite difficult and wet conditions I managed to perform well enough to pay for my entry fees and offset a good chunk of the cost of the putter.

The Edel Array putter was instrumental in making a bunch of birdie putts.

Definitely a different feel and sound off the face vs. the softer insert that I’ve been playing.  
IMG_0841.jpeg.f7a93d065104d4c710202b1573c28f51.jpeg

As I gain familiarity with the new putter my distance control is rapidly improving.

Overall, I’m encouraged by my early results.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

57 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Putting is one of my better golfing skills and despite winning our golf club’s Match Play Putting Championship this year I’ve been wondering whether I could improve and if my current putter was holding me back.

Going through the Edel putter fitting process has been on my wishlist for a few years now.

So, a few weeks ago I was in Denver, CO and made it a point to stop by the Edel headquarters.  

I brought my current putter with me as a baseline and was intent on being as open minded as possible regarding what model of putter, alignment aid, specs, etc. that would deliver the best results.

Was guided through the putter fitting by Nico Edel and was fit into the Array F2 putter.

Not too surprising I guess since I’ve been playing some variation of a fang style putter for the past 8 years with generally good results.

Part of my interest in going through the putter fitting was to see how close I came to fitting myself correctly with my currently set up Odyssey O-Works Black #7.

Ended up with very similar specs except for the slant hosel in the Edel vs the double bend in the Odyssey.

Also the toe and heel weights are not the same in the Edel to promote a little more flow.

Same length, shaft and grip.  Similar amount of counter balance weight. But flatter lie angle in the Edel Array putter.

Fast forward to now and I’ve had the Edel putter in play for about half a dozen rounds and it seems as if I am already aiming the putter and starting the ball on my intended line better than before.

Just finished a three day tournament and despite difficult and wet conditions I managed to perform well enough to pay for my entry fees and offset a good chunk of the cost of the putter.

Definitely a different feel and sound off the face vs. the softer insert that I’ve been playing.  

As I gain familiarity with the new putter my distance control is rapidly improving.

Great write-up, thanks for sharing. 

Mustang Battle Ready

58 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Interesting you have BGT shaft in it. I have been toying with the idea of this on my Edel EAS4.0 but one of the thing that make me hesitant was since I would hav to cut the existing shaft I will be pretty committed and not sure the counter weights would fit into it but sounds like you have some of them in yours. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

19 minutes ago, ZackS said:

Interesting you have BGT shaft in it. I have been toying with the idea of this on my Edel EAS4.0 but one of the thing that make me hesitant was since I would hav to cut the existing shaft I will be pretty committed and not sure the counter weights would fit into it but sounds like you have some of them in yours. 

This is now the 5th putter I’ve had with a BGT Stability Tour shaft.  All have been counterbalanced.  

Mostly with a SuperStroke grip and 75g CounterCore weight.  The first four I installed.

This one has the Optivibe 80g counterweight installed.

Edited by Hoyoymac

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

33 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

This is now the 5th putter I’ve had with a BGT Stability Tour shaft.  All have been counterbalanced.  

Mostly with a SuperStroke grip and 75g CounterCore weight.  The first four I installed.

This one has the Optivibe 80g counterweight installed.

Nice, I have 2 Optivibe weights, 50g at the bottom of the grip and 30g at the top. Still might not do it since putting has not been an issue so hard to justify the cost other than curiosity. Though that is a pretty strong reason for me, haha. But good to know it should work if I decide to pull the trigger at some point. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

8 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Wow that's awesome!  Thanks for sharing your experience and awesome to see an uptick in performance once you got it in the bag!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update: still gaming the Array B-1. Stats since 7/1 have been decent:

IMG_3712.png.b193b0ef90890a3bc4b3cf7e01f1c3db.png

IMG_3711.png.bfd43e0a1d2219c7743f3fa6e8de3ea6.png

SG are compared to a 10. 

Today, I gained over 1.5 strokes putting (round not included in the above stats), and that was with two crappy three-putts. Made two clutch putts between 12 and 15 feet (birdie and save par). 

So grateful to MGS and Edel for this opportunity and for giving me what is slowly becoming a weapon in my bag.

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

SG are compared to a 10. 

Today, I gained over 1.5 strokes putting (round not included in the above stats), and that was with two crappy three-putts. Made two clutch putts between 12 and 15 feet (birdie and save par). 

So grateful to MGS and Edel for this opportunity and for giving me what is slowly becoming a weapon in my bag.

In haven Been keeping stats due to the injuries I’ve had this summer and the inconsistent play but I can honestly say the Edel goes where I aim it , if I misread   the putt line it goes where I aim it and it’s a huge improvement over what I’ve done the past several years - so great information 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

14 hours ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

SG are compared to a 10. 

Love to see it!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8