Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Lighter shafts bs heavier shaft

I have been playing Miura KM700 irons with an Aerotech 95 cw stiff shaft this last year they feel great love the overall weight of the clubs. In my great thinking I thought I would get something a little more forgiving I went and got fitted for Titleist T150 I went with the same shaft I been hitting for years the Aerotech 95. But now with the T150 I lost my ball striking and distance and consistency. Is it the shaft to light? I was told that the Miura heads are heavier up to 10 grams I don’t know if that’s true. But hitting off a mat loved the T 150 off grass super inconsistent. Any ideas love to hear thanks for your time.

13 minutes ago, Thumper1978 said:

I went and got fitted 

The fitting should have provided you the answer.  How did your previous clubs compare head to head against the Titleist?   If you think it is the head weight, add 10 grams to the head with lead tape.   Ideally you need to get on a launch monitor and look at the club delivery conditions.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Thumper1978 said:

I have been playing Miura KM700 irons with an Aerotech 95 cw stiff shaft this last year they feel great love the overall weight of the clubs. In my great thinking I thought I would get something a little more forgiving I went and got fitted for Titleist T150 I went with the same shaft I been hitting for years the Aerotech 95. But now with the T150 I lost my ball striking and distance and consistency. Is it the shaft to light? I was told that the Miura heads are heavier up to 10 grams I don’t know if that’s true. But hitting off a mat loved the T 150 off grass super inconsistent. Any ideas love to hear thanks for your time.

Did you go to a fitter for your fitting?

What shaft did the fitting show to be the best option?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, Thumper1978 said:

But hitting off a mat loved the T 150 off grass super inconsistent. Any ideas love to hear thanks for your time.

What issues are you seeing off grass vs the mat?

do you have your launch monitor data from the fitting?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I would get the swing weights checked then.  If all the sudden the new irons are much lighter you might be having an issue 'feeling' where the club head is.

Also like the other guys have mentioned I would've hoped that this was something covered in the fitting.

Edited by hckymeyer

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Hckymeyer you are correct I went back to the fitter I can’t feel the club head in the back swing and down went to a little heavier shaft. Aerotech 115 they don’t feel a lot heavier but I can feel that head way more. The shots are back to normal thanks for saying that I went there and told him that might be the problem. You learn something new to light of shaft causes lose of feel. Thanks for everyone who commented.