What do you keep in your bag (apart from clubs)

I'm unsure if I'm unprepared or have just achieved a state of zen compared to what I'm reading here.

In my bag, I carry ~1 dozen balls, a 32oz HydroFlask, 10 tees, an extra glove, 2 towels, 1 brush, a handful of bandaids, sunscreen, and the little wrench to adjust my Callaway Paradym driver.

divot tool + ball marker combo lives on my hat

Driver - Callaway Paradym X | Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 50 Graphite 
3W/5H/6-9I/PW -  Callaway Strata set
GW - Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Satin 50°
SW - Maxfli Black Max 56°
Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

Not as much as some, but enough to get me through. 

3 gloves

1 pair rain gloves

Club cleaner

Spare towel

Rain hood

Waterproof jacket

Spare hat

Sunglasses

Club head wrench

Spray brush

Regular cleaning brush

GPS

Small caddy bag with tees, pitch repair tool, ball markers and glasses wipes. 

Dozen balls (sometimes and extra few sleeves in the side pocket depending on the course)

Edited by TheNorfolkGolfer

1 dozen balls, three gloves in use with 2 new as backup, rangefinder, rule book, driver adjustment tool, ditty bag w/tees,ball markers, ball mark repair tool, sharpie.- tape,nu skin,locker key,ibuprofen, band aids,

Larry 

Hmmmm......

Usually:  

Dozen Balls, a large handful of Tees, Collection of 5/6 ball markers, and a couple of Divot Tools

Nikon Range Finder, Flask of Brown Liquor, bug spray, sunscreen

Rain Jacket and Trousers, short sleeve wind/rain jacket, floppy Titleist rainhat

Two TM TP Flex gloves and a pair of FJ rain gloves.

Toss a Winter hat in when the weather is in the 40s (play in Michigan) 

two towels and a club brush clipped to the outside.

Callaway Paradigm 10.5

Ping 425 3 Wood & 4 Hybrid

Ping i525 5-U

Vokey SM9 56 & 60

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

I empty my bag after every round as I switch back and forth from my light carry bag to my cart bag fairly regularly. I also like to look for balls while I'm waiting for my playing partners so it's nice to get home and look through all the treasures I found that day. 

I check the forecast before the round so I don't have to bring more than I need. On a nice day I'll have a handful of wooden tees, 4 balls (plus 3 tucked away as a reserve) a divot tool/ball marker, extra glove, bug spray and sunscreen, a few band-aids, 2 granola bars, flask of birdie juice, and bottle of water. On the outside of the bag I have my glove and a towel.  If its going to rain then an umbrella gets attached to the outside of the bag, and an extra towel gets thrown in. Rain jacket and pants get rolled up and put in there, too.

Driver: Nike Vapor Speed Volt

3W: Nike Vapor Flex 

3H: Nike Vapor Speed

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 (50, 54, 58)

Putter: Nike Method Core Drone

Outside of balls and tees, I always have at least two water bottles, a small lunch bag, two caddy towels, ball markers and repair tools, alignment sticks, rain gear, extra gloves, small first aid kit, sunscreen, earbuds, notebook, and a solar charger. On practice days I add a tripod, putting mirror, adjustment tool, foot spray. Maybe an extra water bottle too. It seems like a lot for a carry/stand bag, but I go through REI to get their lightweight stuff. With clubs it’s under 50lbs which I can carry for 18 no problem if mood and opportunity come together.

Irons: Mizuno 243 4-P

Wedges: SM9 various lofts

Woods/ hybrid: multiple brands and set up

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed LS

Putter: Phantom 12/ Newport 2.5

First of all, I have a large cart bag....  excuse #1     so      I have my 14 clubs, Driver,3wood, 4 hybrids, 6-pw, gap wedge, sand wedge, putter.     golf gloves, GPS, rain gear (short sleeve jacket, pants, gloves), 2 sleeves of balls, bag of tees, short and long, ball markers, divot repair tool, ball gauge, shaft adjustment tool, band aids, ibuprofen, sharpie to mark balls, towel, bag tag, tums, 

Bug spray, sunscreen, lip chap, deoderant, too many golf tees (short, tall wood and plastic), divot fixers and lady things, golf glove, new glove, yeti can coolster, oh and a box of kleenex I stole from my club bathroom

Edited by ezopps

likes: wine, golf, dogs, my family (in no particular order)

I usually keep about 6-8 balls, I have a leather pouch with ball markers in it and a small pocket knife, 2 Sharpies, handful of tees, divot repair tools, band aids, Advil, pair of rain gloves, I have about 8 gloves( I rotate 3-4 a round with this Louisiana heat), 2 range finders(Blue Tees and a Bushnell) and an extra battery, metal bristle brush attached to bag.

Edited by swansosa

James Swanson

My constants in  my bag:

Balls (dozens, it takes balls to play golf the way I do)

3 different size tee's

Garmin R10

Ball Markers

3 Gloves

Sunglasses

Journal and Pen/Pencil

Tour Aim, Tour Aim Plus, and 3 alignment sticks

Rain Hood

Towel and Sunscreen on the outside of the bag

Two brushes

Desert Fox Cell Phone Holder

Arccos Link

Round time additions:

Snacks and drinks (Im diabetic so I gotta have something)

Driver AI Smoke MAX 10.5

Paradym 3 and 5 wood

AI Smoke HL 4 Hybrid

Big Bertha 2019 Irons

JAWS Black Wedges 50,56.60

Toulon Memphis Putter.

I keep a ton of snacks in the bag with some liquid IVs. I also keep my Srixon Q-Star golf balls (basically a whole box) plus a ton of extras for holes with water. There's a lot of tees both wooden and plastic, two digit tools and two ball markers and three gold gloves. Attached to the bag is a towel and a grove-it brush plus umbrella. But most important thing is a buckeye that is always in the bag.

Edited by Spencer Brewster

Spencer Brewster

Well this will be fun

3 towels

bag of tees green repair tool.

couple dozen balls

range finder

wind/ rain shirt

spray sunscreen 

bandaids

tylenol (I know they aren’t worth crap)

driver tool to adjust lofts (never use)

scorecard cover

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

Probably too much. I tend to pack like a boy scout to do everything.

Big side pocket:
I have a light sweater, waterproof jacket, bucket hat all for weather reasons. I also have a pair of rain golf gloves to swap if the weather turns south.

Lower back pocket:
couple sleeves of balls, driver wrench, sunscreen, bug spray

Tee pocket above main lower back:
tees of various types/lengths/etc, 
green repair tool
shotscope h4 gps tracker
Ball marker

AL insulated water bottle in the beverage pouch

Small carry-side pocket:
a couple gloves,
tissues,
wet wipes,
Advil,
a few band aids

Clipped to the d-rings:
I have a 3-ball sleeve that holds a few tees, groove-it water brush, Rangefinder, 2 towels (one for dirt/mud, the other stays pretty clean for wiping moisture/ cleaning hands, etc) and a small bluetooth speaker that gets used sometimes at low enough volumes you would never know unless you're within 30 feet of me so don't come at me in the comments about your purity of the game via silence 😉

FWIW, I pack heavy because I walk with a push cart (a bag-boy quad XL) so it's less detrimental to overpack when you're on wheels, and some of that stuff comes out and moves to the cart storage during a round.

Edited by Cyclereport_Nate

WITB:

Driver: Rogue ST Max LS, tensei 1k white XS

3w: PXG gen5 XF

3h: PXG gen5 xf

4-g: Cobra King MB/CB flow set

56/60: cleveland cbx

Putter: odyssey backstryke marxman or cobra vintage nova depending on the day

15-30 Balls (2nd hand) TP5 or Pro V1, 2-3 sleeves of new balls TP5 or Vice Pro (to play when my game is on point), tees, gloves, ball marker hat clip, divot tool, ballzee ball cleaner, small rag for drying cleaned balls on green, club brush/cleaner with water spray, wire brush, nylon brush for heavy chunk removal, 2 towels 1 for dirt the other for drying cleaned, protein bars for mid round snacks, weather appropriate layers/gear for either rain or temperature changes, naproxen (I'm old lol) water, and clubs!!!

Screenshot_20241003_095534_Garmin Golf.jpg

Edited by ScottB13

I’m pretty minimal apparently. I have a plastic soap dish I keep my tees in, a repair tool, 3 sleeves of balls plus assorted dinged and dented ones that get cleaned out periodically, a pair of rain gloves in a holder, a rain jacket, a tin of almonds, and most importantly a can of Deep Woods Off because ticks. I have one towel and a club brushy thing on the outside.

I do also carry 2 hydro flasks (one water, one tea) and my Mystery Machine lunchbox with lunch and an extra water bottle if it’s gonna toasty, but usually not in my bag.

I don’t wear a glove, ball markers are on my hats, I can’t stand rain pants, and my umbrella is in the trunk with my push cart. I dress for the weather so there might be layers in the bag later in the round. If it’s gonna be a long travel day, I might bring a change of clothes so I’m not sitting in wet sweaty goopy gear, but that stays in the car.

Titleist TSR1, Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 3-4-5 hybrids, TaylorMade Qi10 irons 6i-P, Cleveland RTX wedges 54 and 58, SeeMore OG FSG blade, yet helpless without my ShotScope V5.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:04 AM, Northern Monkey said:

With the imminent arrival of my Ghost bag, and the discussion around what you can fit in the pockets, I was wondering what everyone carries in their bag. I’m terrible for hoarding all sorts in my bag and know I need to streamline so thought I’d get everyone’s view. 
In my bag at present I have

Waterproof jacket and trousers, Rangefinder, Bushnell Phantom GPS, c. 3 dozen balls, 6 gloves, pair of rain gloves, woolly hat, bag of tees, 4 ball markers, 2 divot tools, half a dozen pencils, woolly hat, 2 microfibre towels, BootBuddy club/ball cleaner, 2 long sleeved sweater, score card wallet

As well as this attached to the outside of the bag I have 2 towels, 2 bag tags, small brush/groove cleaner

And I thought I carried a lot of crap in my bag. 

Rangefinder, 3 or 4 gloves, 10-12 balls I am actually playing, and all the white balls I find and forget to take out of my bag unless I give them to playing partners. Ball retriever, rain gear because, Colorado can rain anytime, tees, probably too many, empty tees out on occasion. Discount book. Fireball or flask of fireball, snacks, usually Pay Day or Pearson nut roll that won't melt. Cleat tool and spare cleats. Ball marker, divot repair tool. My biggest issue is probably carrying too many balls I find and not emptying them out. I generally only play yellow balls unless the range is on the left of one of the holes and uses yellow range balls, then I switch to a white ball, a couple of towels.

Edited by hoppman

I thought I had a lot of stuff in my bag, but, after reading some of these posts my bag is practically empty.

Normally I keep the following items in my bag when I play:

6 gloves, rain gloves, 6-9 balls, an assortment of tees, divot repair tools, ball markers, range finder (Bushnell x3), club wrench, little bit of first aid kit, score card wallet, pencil, bug spray, peanut butter crackers, sand bottle, locker key, wallet with tip money, clean cloth for sunglasses, red ball marker, and phone.

if there is any chance of rain I will wear FJ rain shorts or Galloway Bay rain trousers. Of course a rain jacket, umbrella, golf bag hood, and rain hat.

i think that about covers it.

Driver Titleist Tsi 3 9.75*
Fairway Titleist 5, 7 woods

Hybrd Titleist TSR 2 21* or

Utility iron Mizuno HiFly 4

Irons Mizuno Pro 245 5-P

Wedges Vokey SM9 48*, 54*, and 58*

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport super select

Ball Titleist ProV 1X

On 7/2/2024 at 11:24 AM, taylorjonasher said:

Lower Left Side Pocket

- 50 or so tees in a ziplock bag

- extra pencils in a ziplock bag

- club wrench

- extra divot tools and ball markers 

- club brush

- 4-5 can coozies (someone always forgets one!)

Lower Top Center Pocket

- Divot tool

- ball marker

- 5-6 tees

- chapstick

Lower Low Center Pocket

- 5-6 balls

- Milwaukee inkzall permanent marker

Right Side Pocket

- Rain jacket, extra socks

- sunscreen

- shag balls I pick up along the way

Right upper pocket 1

- gloves (3 Titleist Players and 2 FJ Stasof)

Right upper pocket 2 (waterproof)

- wallet, keys, sometimes phone, earbuds case, cash, a bunch of range tokens

Carry my water bottle if walking. Kicker Bullfrog speaker comes with on cart days for the angry 90's gangsta rap. 

I have two towels - one that is 20 x 40 that I wet half of and clean clubs / ball with. The other is about 16 x 16 is used for drying hands and face. 

I read this:/ Milwaukee inkzall permanent marker as Milwaukee SAWZALL, and was like WTH...🤣

On 8/4/2024 at 7:30 AM, RetiredBoomer said:

I have no trouble playing a round of golf without drinking water.
The heat doesn't bother me at all, but I don't like to play if it's too cold.

I carry 15 clubs (Titleist Cart 15 bag--looks totally natural),
about  a dozen balls,
don't wear a glove,
a pitch mark repair tool,
a few dimes,
both rangefinder and GPS, although I rarely use the former because I'm afraid I'll leave it on the ground,, 
a few tees (although I tee low and usually use broken ones that I find on the ground),
a rain jacket,
my wallet, eyeglass case, and telephone,
nail clipper in case I get a cuticle,
little first aid kit,
lenswipes,
Altoids in case my mouth gets dry,
insect repellant,
an umbrella,
one towel each for me and my clubs,
one bottle of water which I rarely open,
scorecard and pencil.
No cigarettes or lighter for past thirty years.
No handgun which is almost unusual for my club (a laundromat for revenues acquired elsewhere).

I said "carry" but I meant "pack."
Obviously, I don't carry anything as a rider.
I'm a geriatric!

"I have no trouble playing a round of golf without drinking water." I am the opposite, I am known as the water guy. I always carry a bottle of water and if we are going to Mesquite NV in the summer, I carry like 3 or 4 bottles of water in my bag or cart at all times. As a kid growing up, I always got headaches if I didn't drink enough water. Colorado is so dry that I can't imagine not carrying water ALL the time.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:04 AM, Northern Monkey said:

With the imminent arrival of my Ghost bag, and the discussion around what you can fit in the pockets, I was wondering what everyone carries in their bag. I’m terrible for hoarding all sorts in my bag and know I need to streamline so thought I’d get everyone’s view. 
In my bag at present I have

Waterproof jacket and trousers, Rangefinder, Bushnell Phantom GPS, c. 3 dozen balls, 6 gloves, pair of rain gloves, woolly hat, bag of tees, 4 ball markers, 2 divot tools, half a dozen pencils, woolly hat, 2 microfibre towels, BootBuddy club/ball cleaner, 2 long sleeved sweater, score card wallet

As well as this attached to the outside of the bag I have 2 towels, 2 bag tags, small brush/groove cleaner

And my buddies always harass me for how heavy my bag is all the time.  Way to be prepared for anything! Off the top of my head, I'd say my bag is similar to yours, but I'll have to clean it out this weekend and let you know.  So which Ghost bag are you getting?  They look incredible, but more than I'm willing to pay for a bag.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

Well I have a new Sun Mountain C130 bag, there is adequate space but not unlimited space, well i have around 100 tees & starting with the small side pockets, one side has my laser rangefinder & the other side has a wrench and the bigger side pockets, on the left i have a sleeveless vest and a stretchy pullover and there is a gallon sized plastic bag with multiple pencils and a wide variety of sharpie's and a small bag of butterscotch candy, on the right side i put a moderate sized tupperwear container for pretzels & protein bars, and a plastic bag with 5 both left / right hand gloves and the backside bottom pockets there is a small pocket that hold a few loose pencils and sharpie's and a bag with at least 5 divot tools and at least 10 ball markers and the larger rear pockets and cooler pocket has about 2 and 1/2 dozen of golf balls new and used ,and there is 2 small towels and a brush to clean clubs, well thats about it 

Maltby KE4 tour TC 11 degree driver

Maltby KE 4 21 and 23 degree rescue hybrids

Ping I 525 forged irons 5 thru pw black dot

Ping glide 4.0 47 degree gap wedge

Ping glide 3.0 eye 2 54 and 58 degree wedges / all irons /wedges have tensei AV series senior flex graphite

LAB golf MEZZ 1 custom broomstick putter with Accra grapite shaft lie angle 79.5 length 46 inches

11 minutes ago, hoppman said:

I read this:/ Milwaukee inkzall permanent marker as Milwaukee SAWZALL, and was like WTH...🤣

Never know when you might have to cut a club down mid-round 😀

Driver - Stix Compete
5W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha
7W - :ping-small: G5
5H - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H, 5-GW - :ping-small: G15
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3

I keep a pouch with tees, ball marker/repair tool and small groove brush. Sunscreen, speaker/rangefinder, bandaids, gum, fingernail clippers and an extra glove. One towel and a bagtag on the outside. Even though I can usually finish a round with the same ball, I probably have a dozen extra in my bag. It's a mental thing!

Don

PXG Gen 1 full bag.

24 beers, Bridgestone Tour B XS for when things are going straight, Canadian Tire bag of balls for the narrow courses where I lose 20 a round or can't swing with my life... Extra socks, umbrella, sunglasses, protein bars, cliff bars and oranges

WITB- a little bit of every brand

Canon rangefinder with camera, bushnell phantom 3 gps, 2 gloves, cold weather gloves, beanie, long sleeve underarmor shirt, ball marking guide and pen, poppy hills scorecard holder, 1 dozen tp5 pix golfballs, protien bars, tees, ballmarkers (2), divot tools (2), small first aid kit w/tape bandaid, aleve.  2 cooling towels. I add a rain jacket when the weather gets wet. 

Currently: Bushnell v6 range finder, Arccos Pro charger/case, 18 short and long tees (each), 2 divot repair tools, 5 ball markers, small Sharpie for marking my balls, 20 for-play balls plus about 10-15 found balls destined for my shag bag, rain jacket, Eye Line putting alignment mirror, 5 extra soft spikes and tool, club tool, winter gloves, 4 various game-time gloves, one practice glove, wire groove cleaner, bottle-brush groove cleaner, four towels, two alignment rods, and a partridge in a pear tree… geez, I need to get organized.

Dan Yates, 55 year old trying to qualify for PA Senior Amateur in 2024; searching for some magic in my game again

Where do you start….   at least 4 small bottles of Fireball (3rd hole shot!), pouch of chewing tobacco, beef jerky(spicy), pain meds, knee brace, compression sleeve for elbow, FJ pullover, FJ rain pants, knit beanie, medical tape, sunscreen, sunglasses, bottle of vodka, range finder, 5 martini tees, 5 short tees, 1 dz. ProV 1’s, rain gloves, 5 markers ( blk, red, grn, purple and gray), 2 divot tools, 5 ball markers (asst) and last but not least bandaids. All in my Katana Ghost Bag 14!

Edited by TClip5

Timothy A Clipner

Aside from the usual, tees, balls, gloves, towels, repair tools etc.  I have one unique item, it is called a Golf Ball Udder and it is a water bottle fitted through a towel and sleeve that allows you to clean your clubs and balls.  Great and very handy item to have, wish it was here now would post a picture of it (pictures in the link).  Was invented by a young man (17 years old) in Toronto during Covid.  Up here golf courses (when they were allowed to open) had taken out all of the ball washers to help prevent the spread through contact with hands.  So this young entrepreneur invented this device to resolve that issue.  It has 2 towels, a normal one and a grittier one for cleaning irons.  It hangs down and you squeeze the tip of the water bottle just like a cow's udder to get the water to flow.  Very handy and I use it often.  Most carts don't have a club/ball cleaner attached and no green ever has a ball cleaner so it comes into use more than you would expect..  Here's the link to the product with a review by Score Golf (apologies if this is not allowed) perhaps MyGoflSpy could try it and review it?  https://www.golfudderbottle.com/?srsltid=AfmBOooZwBhWvKLxF-dQCuRT3_JBIkRRxJiRdcyIHPm-AJ1On7SP7cvj

Let's play another 18.  Kirk58