East Texas is potentially getting it's own Brandon Dunes course

Wild Spring Dunes is the newest venture from the Dream Golf Resort group that owns and runs Bandon Dunes, Sand Valley, and Rodeo Dunes.

Going to be located in East Texas, right by the town of Nacogdoches, this is going to be in a good spot to not have any high-end golf courses competing with it for about 100miles in any direction. And being from this part of Texas, it's close enough(-ish) to Dallas & Houston that traveling to it from out-of-state won't be too bad, but it'll be about a 2hr drive from either cities major Airport (DFW international or Houston Hobby). 

My only question is, what are they to going to do with it when you're not able to play this course for, atleast, 2 months of the year? This part of Texas is known for Big Pine trees, Large rolling hills, and Mosquitos the size of Hummingbirds (seriously, that's only a slight exaggeration); plus, you don't play golf in Texas during the months of July & August unless you have a pre-8:30am Tee-Time. It's already averaging 99degs at 2pm out here in this part of Texas already, and we ain't even hit the hottest part of the summer yet.

Here's the link to the actual Golf Resort website if your interested in more direct info on it.

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte

Read that and yes! now I wanna go there after it opens!

But yeah prob not in the middle of the Summer... Possibly that will be their off-season / reduced rates?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Oh yeah, I think it'll definitely be a worth-while course to make a few trips out to through out the year.

Plus, I feel like that part of the state is actually great for a natural beautiful back-drop to build a course through. The hills will provide great natural curves to snake the course through, and all the creeks & rivers in the area should be perfect to add a tough make or break opportunity right through fairways. And the pine trees out there are tall and beautiful, in my opinion, and Tee-ing between them will make a good picture-view from any Tee box.

But I feel like they're going to have to do something for the summer, because it'll legitimately almost be un- playable either due to being triple-digit hot & humid, or from being drenched in the storms the hurricanes/tropical storms send up from the Gulf.

Driver:   2024 Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 9deg(wgt'd draw w/ hosel set +1&draw)
Hybrids:  2022 TSR2 - 3Hybrid(19Deg)
Irons:    2023 T790 5-9i,Pw,Aw - Dynamic Gold 115g Stiff
Wedges:   2024 Vokey SM10 55Deg(56Deg loft adj. -1) - same
Putter:   2004 Scotty Cameron Futura - 38.25", 4Deg Lie
Ball:     2020 Vice Pro, Callaway SuperHot/SuperSoft Matte