HackMotion 2.0 - 2024 Forum Review

44 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Full disclosure, when I had my bad numbers my first thought was "I might just not be a good fit for the HackMotion 'pattern'" but I will keep trying to get better at impact. My swing looks a bit odd at the moment even though my ballflight is good so I will try to see what we can glean from the videos and maybe a lesson is also in order. 

I'll admin, this is probably my main concern with HM. When the system tells us we're "bad" but we have solid contact and the ball goes the right distance and has the right shape and goes through the right window. But HM doesn't like the wrist angles.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

29 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I'll admin, this is probably my main concern with HM. When the system tells us we're "bad" but we have solid contact and the ball goes the right distance and has the right shape and goes through the right window. But HM doesn't like the wrist angles.

This could mean that you are making other less efficient changes to make up for the poor wrist angles as well? Could just be other compensations really. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

32 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

100% this is my concern as well. I either misinterpret the wrist data and chase trying to get in a better position (as defined by the HM) but that puts me into bad ballflight hell for a while or the guidance and lessons they are offering to fix the problem aren't a "fit" for my pattern/swing. 

Again, this comes back to using this WITH an instructor being probably the safest way to use this thing. Wrist angles are very important but they are a piece of the puzzle that is the golf swing so just fixing your wrist angles should be beneficial but you could be currently compensating for other issues. I know for a fact that I have to get my flying elbow under control so I am wondering if that is hurting my position at impact (highly likely). More to come....

@GolfSpy_APH I was literally typing about my own compensations as you posted! Scary if you are thinking like I am...

One additional point and test I want to try (AND WILL TRY!) to do is comparing hitting off of real grass vs a mat with the HackMotion sensor. Like switch back and forth in the same session. I cannot believe I didn't try that already. I am curious if the bounce from a mat vs the drag through grass can influence wrist angles differently, my thought is that it can. I hit predominantly off a mat so maybe I am just trying to come up with reasons why my impact position is so bad. 

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* / Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review -- 

Had a better day (at least vs the prior evening) with the HackMotion as the position at the top is much improved. Still having some overly flexed issues at the bottom and I think I know what is causing it but will have to see through experimentation. What I am currently doing to get more "extension/cupping" in my backswing seems counter-intuitive since there is SO MUCH discourse out there about having a flat lead wrist but we will see. I am in the midst of trying (again) to get my backswing more upright and the HackMotion is currently confirming that is a better wrist position as well. HackMotion is trying to show me some flaws and I, previously, may have been too stubborn to see it. A few days ago I was losing, on average 21* of extension from setup to the top, this session I was losing 14* which is well within the target range of the "top" position which is +5* to -20* from setup. My worst position at the top in this most recent session was swing #5 where I lost 22* of flexion. In the previous session I had a swing where I lost a WHOPPING 36* of flexion. That is no bueno. 

IMG_2570.jpeg.9def388bb255fcebb49570afda966191.jpegIMG_2573.jpeg.53ac12f4bf9f0c4ccc9f88a8372f7382.jpeg

I am still losing some extension at the top (which SOME is fine) but a few (like swing 5 for example) are more of the bowing pattern (Dustin Johnson) that I developed somehow. To only have one at the top where I was outside of the benchmark is encouraging, I am less concerned about the downswing for now but some work needs to be done there in the future. But at this point if I am out of position at the top, everything in the downswing is some form of compensation so we have to get the top right. 

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* / Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
HackMotion Official Review -- 

The sensor didn't make it for my trip to Hawaii, where I shot slightly above my handicap.  Obviously, I need to use the HM sensor during warmup to see improvement.  Between that trip and hurricane remnants passing through Kentucky, I don't have much to update on in the past few weeks.

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Woods:taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3W, :ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx Pro 4-Pw, UST Recoil 780 ES SW F4
Wedges:  Ben Hogan Equalizer II - 50* (Tx Grind), 56*, 60*
Putter:  Mizzuno M Craft OMOI 02 Blue Ion
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x