Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2013 Season

Walkerjames

I would like to see Tiger take a major, just to get the hype up about him possibly catching Nicklaus.

Would love to see Luke Donald get a major. Would also enjoy Justin Rose doing well.

From the South Africans, I hope that Ernie can compete again in the majors, just to show that he can repeat his Open performance. He has been working with Dr Sherylle Calder. If you are not familiar with her, read up on her. She is one amazing lady, and has had tremendous success helping various sports teams and athletes with visual training.

It looks like Charl Schwartzel is finally getting back to his old self after his injuries. Tim Clark also looks better, and I am hoping he can perform well on the Tour.

As for Louis Oosthuizen, I fear that he needs to work with a sports psychologist. He had at least three tourneys where he had a great chance of winning (Masters, the Deutsche Bank where Rory beat him down the stretch, and the Singapore Open where he lost in a play-off). In the Masters playoff he played a really shocking approach (taking nothing away from Bubba's shot) to lose. In the Deutsche Bank (after shooting a 63 in the 3rd round!) he had a chance on the 18th to actually beat Rory if he could hit a decent approach and hole out. But he played a poor approach, and then had a difficult chip that he to up and down for a play-off. He just missed the putt, and lost to Rory. At the Singapore Open he was in a play-off with the young Matteo Manessero, and he had a great chance with a 6 footer to win the comp, the putt just slid by. Louis hits the ball quite a bit further than Matteo, but couldn't capitalize on the long par 5 18th that they played repeatedly.

He keeps putting himself in great positions, and he definitely has the game to compete with the world's best. But he now has to start closing out tournaments when he has the chance. I am pretty sure that he will get another major, or two perhaps, his swing is that good. But he has to work with someone like Bob Rotella.

Speaking of Bob Rotella, I see that Trevor Immelman has been working with dr Bob. I hope this will help Trevor. If I am not mistaken, 2013 will be his last fully exempt year because of his Masters win. So he will have to finish top 125 to keep his card (something he didn't accomplish last year).

And I also hope that Retief Goosen can finally shake the injuries that have plagued him lately. Would be great to see him play regularly.

And it would be awesome to see if Branden Grace can get into a few tournaments on the PGA Tour, based on his 2012 performance.

The other players I like to watch is Rory, DJ and Dufner. I also wouldn't mind seeing Keegan Bradley win another major, I think he has the mental strength some other players don't have.

I would also like to see Jim Furyk win a big tournament or two, he had a tough year in 2012, and I beginning to wonder if he still has the mettle.

I'm also a big fan of G-Mac.

And I wouldn't mind if Adam Scott won a big tournament or two. Even though Ernie won the Open, I still felt really bad for him.

Ditto to whoever said about watching someone win a major, instead of losing it.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

I'm also a big fan of G-Mac.

Forgot all about Graeme -- love the way he plays, and hope he gets of the schnide and wins a few tournaments this year. Maybe he's the guy for the Open Championship!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Forgot all about Graeme -- love the way he plays, and hope he gets of the schnide and wins a few tournaments this year. Maybe he's the guy for the Open Championship!

Same. GMac had moments where he shined last year, but I don't remember him being a contender anytime. He's a class act though and it would be good to see him win again.

Same. GMac had moments where he shined last year, but I don't remember him being a contender anytime. He's a class act though and it would be good to see him win again.

Okay - talk about a forgettable US Open -- everyone remembers Furyk going down in flames, but GMac had a makable putt to tie on 18 that wound up nowhere near the hole. Who won that thing, by the way? :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Okay - talk about a forgettable US Open -- everyone remembers Furyk going down in flames, but GMac had a makable putt to tie on 18 that wound up nowhere near the hole. Who won that thing, by the way? :rolleyes:

Ahh, forgot about that. Even though GMac was in second, in my mind it was always Furyk catching up on Simpson...maybe because he crashed so much harder than GMac did

Speaking of Furyk. IMO he's done. 3 leads squandered and a total flop at the Ryder Cup. I can't really root for him anymore.

It must be the five hour energy.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

It must be the five hour energy.

I think the problem is that his rounds are lasting about 5 and a half hours...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yes I think you nailed it LOL. Nice Barbajo.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

LMAO :D :D

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I'm one of the rare guys who's neutral on Tiger - I used to be a huge Tiger fan but am an even bigger Jack fan - when Tiger was on a torrent of wins I wanted to see him cruise by Jack - now that he isn't likely to do that I'd just assume Jack keep the record. And unless Tiger regains his putting stroke Jack will.

Actually golf is getting what it needs from Tiger - he's still very good, good enough to contend and win at any time but he's not dominant - that means more excitement.

I'd really like to see Westwood win one this year but I'm going outside the box a hair and say it will be the year of Louie.........

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm one of the rare guys who's neutral on Tiger - I used to be a huge Tiger fan but am an even bigger Jack fan - when Tiger was on a torrent of wins I wanted to see him cruise by Jack - now that he isn't likely to do that I'd just assume Jack keep the record. And unless Tiger regains his putting stroke Jack will.

Actually golf is getting what it needs from Tiger - he's still very good, good enough to contend and win at any time but he's not dominant - that means more excitement.

I'd really like to see Westwood win one this year but I'm going outside the box a hair and say it will be the year of Louie.........

Well said Rev

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Archived