Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade "Welcome to the Tour Preferred Family"

Summit23

• SPY VIP

We actually have 2 additional MGS Members who either haven't received their Tour Preferred locker (shipping next week I'm told) or haven't posted pics yet (you know who you are),

Mine arrived yesterday a few hours after Blake's (FedEx doesn't understand the pecking order around here). As far as over-the-top promotions go, this is TaylorMade's biggest one to date. We're talking a massive 60lb box holding a locker that stands approximately 5' tall. I have no idea how many of these they sent out, but it's a definite attention grabber that offers the additional benefit of pissing my wife off. 

"Like we don't have enough of your golf crap in this house!"

Small victories right. Needless to say she's not so much a TaylorMade fan right now.

Anyway...mine's the same as everyone elses. Other extraneous bits of product in the photos is a purely gratuitous use of stuff I had piled in various places around the house. 

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-4.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-5.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-7.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-8.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-9.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-10.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-11.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-1.jpg

TaylorMade-Tour-Preferred-Iron-Kit-3.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. Please disregard everything I posted before. This was from MGS (I did not know at the time). I posted a new thread with some more pics of it. I stare at this thing every time I'm in the basement. This is a conversation starter. Want to feel like a pro...get one of these with your name on...I cannot fathom how TMAG outdo themselves next year unless a pro personally delivers clubs to you. (When TMAG does that next year just remember where you heard it first, and pray DJ doesn't deliver hulks clubs) 😀💪

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Extremely cool - and a reaction very much like one my wife would have.

Here's to more golf crap!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Holy smokes...!

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I don't know if it's my killer fashion sense or my smooth talking, but I have been extremely lucky lately .............call it good clean living.  I came home from work the other day (after working 30 straight hours), to a box on my front porch.  I was pretty confused when I saw it, as I had no idea what it could be, then when I saw it had come from TaylorMade, and I was even more confused.  Upon opening the box I found the most amazing locker inside and I almost wet myself.  My wife thought it was so cool, that she suggested I put it next to the back door and keep my hats, rain gear, and golf shoes in it.  My fitting is already set up for Monday; my fitters demos are on backorder, so I let him put the adapter hosels in the heads, so I can do the fitting.  I don't think saying "thank you" is enough, but here goes, thank you MGS and TMag.  I hope that I'm worthy and do this site and these beautiful irons justice.

I apologize for the lack of quality pics, I worked 83 hours this week (I wasn't exaggerating on the 30 hours straight) and I was a little delirious when I took the pics.

box_on_porch.jpg

full_locker.jpg

name_plate.jpg

hat.jpg

preferred_card.jpg

irons_up_close.jpg

hat_and_irons.jpg

bbp_prop.jpg

Congrats Bones! Can't wait to see what set you get fitted into after watching you stripe those MB 4 irons at the kingdom

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Congrats Bones! Can't wait to see what set you get fitted into after watching you stripe those MB 4 irons at the kingdom

Thanks, me too.  I hit the MB 6i on the TrackMan (with the stock KBS Tour S....which is a horrible fit for me) and I was striping it,  They were going 2 miles high, but they were all on the center stripe and all of them fell within 3 yds of each other.  I still think I'll go with CB in the long irons, no matter what.

Thanks, me too. I hit the MB 6i on the TrackMan (with the stock KBS Tour S....which is a horrible fit for me) and I was striping it, They were going 2 miles high, but they were all on the center stripe and all of them fell within 3 yds of each other. I still think I'll go with CB in the long irons, no matter what.

The Justin Rose set up would look awesome..hint...hint lol

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Congrats Bones!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Bones -- one thing I wanna do before I die is watch you hit a golf ball in person.  Gotta make it happen this summer, so I can see what Tmag has done for you!  

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Bones -- one thing I wanna do before I die is watch you hit a golf ball in person. Gotta make it happen this summer, so I can see what Tmag has done for you!

You both are more than welcome to come to Ohio and play golf with me :-)

You both are more than welcome to come to Ohio and play golf with me :-)

Got some plans for your part of the world in August!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Cause these irons make up 10% of sales. Also, more expensive is better right? I'm sure it costs $200 more to manufacture the MBs over the CBs...

Was thinking more along the lines of over the top marketing promotions and buying loyalties via trips, etc.

It all adds to the consumer bottom line.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I waste no time, did my fitting today. I went in with a completely open mind and was going to go with whatever my fitter suggested. I wanted the "Justin Rose special" and coincidentally, that's what I was fit for. That setup goes as follows.

Standard length/lie

Shaft - TT DG Tour Issue X100

3-4 - TP CB standard loft

5-7 - TP MC -1° loft

8-PW - TP MB -2° loft

I found out, that with my swing, the KBS CTaper XS were high launch low spin. Switching to the X100s knocked off 50' of the trajectory and the spin remained the same.

• SPY VIP

I waste no time, did my fitting today. I went in with a completely open mind and was going to go with whatever my fitter suggested. I wanted the "Justin Rose special" and coincidentally, that's what I was fit for. That setup goes as follows.

Standard length/lie

5-7 - TP MC -1° loft

8-PW - TP MB -2° loft

I found out, that with my swing, the KBS CTaper XS were high launch low spin. Switching to the X100s knocked off 50' of the trajectory and the spin remained the same.

Love so much about this...first the combo set (was thinking about doing similar myself), but also, the fact that they're tweaking the lofts for you. I always found it a bit silly that some people absolute went off the reservation about gaps caused by moving from slots to non-slots and non-forged to forged. 

If only something could be done...like adjusting lofts to achieve proper gaps. I know...crazy.

Enjoy them.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Love so much about this...first the combo set (was thinking about doing similar myself), but also, the fact that they're tweaking the lofts for you. I always found it a bit silly that some people absolute went off the reservation about gaps caused by moving from slots to non-slots and non-forged to forged. 

If only something could be done...like adjusting lofts to achieve proper gaps. I know...crazy.

Enjoy them.

I am not seeing a gap in the CBs, but that may be a result of the conditions....

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Interesting Bones. I was a bit concerned about going to c tapers if I would end up too low with long irons. I found I still hit them nice and high and they stop when they land. But I got rid of the ballooning shots that spin back too much with my short irons. They're working for me pretty well after some time getting used to them. The different feel threw me off for awhile. Now if I could just get to play more. Got these nice clubs and only been out a few times with them.

Standard length/lie

5-7 - TP MC -1° loft

8-PW - TP MB -2° loft

Nice Bones! Congrats man you deserve it Buddy!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Standard length/lie

5-7 - TP MC -1° loft

8-PW - TP MB -2° loft

Very cool Bones, can't wait to see how they look when they come in.

CAn't wait to hear how they play out on the course J.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Enjoy them.

I had initially wondered why Rose would go with that setup, then I found out yesterday.  I had initially thought about going 3-6 in CB and 7-PW in MB, but the loft gap between the CB 6i and MB 7i was 8.5*; to cover that gap would have taken delofting the CBs and adding loft to the MBs.......didn't want to do that.  Adding the MCs in the middle allowed us to comfortably adjust lofts to have 4* loft gaps from top to bottom.  Once I get them, I'm taking them back in and we are going to get averages with each iron and adjust from there if needed to get the right yardage gaps.  I'm not really concerned about the CBs, because I will pretty much just be using those clubs off of tees.

Another interesting thing came out of this fitting.  I have always been a high ball hitter, but I've never known exactly why.  Come to find out, I have a -4* AoA, but I was adding loft. My lil cuz who is a +3 and NCAA D1 player had a fitting right after me and watching him was eye opening to how severe my problems are.  Below are the averages we were both getting with the MB 6i and you can see how much I'm leaving on the table.

JBones - 98.7mph swing speed, -4* AoA, 21* launch angle, 5500rpm spin, 1.30 smash, 183 carry

AT - 87mph swing speed, -2* AoA, 16* launch angle, 5500rmp spin, 1.45 smash, 187 carry

4 yards more with 11mph less swing speed.  This pretty much confirmed what I've thought, I'm relying on power and not on mechanics.  I still hit it far, but I've lost a ton of distance since breaking my left wrist for the 2nd time.  I had chalked up my loss of distance to the injury and never worked on anything.   I have this crazy  chicken wing on my follow through, but after analyzing a ton of video, both my arms are fully extended at impact.  So, I'm apparently holding off releasing the club, which is adding the loft and causing me to chicken wing after impact.  Got a lot to work on over the next couple months.

Archived