Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What is the best shot you have ever hit?

jpcgolf

These amazing shots are what keep us playing the game. What was the best shot you have ever hit?  It could be a hole in one, that 350 yard drive, an eagle on a 600 yard par five, or a crazy chip in.  It could be a crazy putt to win a match, or that 7 iron you knocked stiff to win on 18.  I am going to start it off with my first and only hole and one.  It was on a drivable 256 yard par four.  Hit it down the left fringe, and curled to the right and went in.  It hit the flag so hard that I could hear it from the tee.  What was your best shot ever?

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Well, I guess the 98 yard Hole in One I had in 1986 at Pine Ridge Zcountry Club in Winnfield, LA. We had our regular Thursday afternoon game going so I had Three witnesses.

I choked down on a Nicklaus muirfield 9 iron!

The second would be the 140 yard 7 iron that got me an a Eagle on the Par 4 2nd hole at Pine Ridge CC.

The third would be the same. 140 yard 7 iron Eagle on a par 4 3rd hole at Pebble Creek in Tampa, FL

I love them all!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

190, ram tour grind 5 iron (that's about the same spec is a modern day 7 iron), it's in the hole. It was my second on a par 5 and it was in but it took us a while to figure it out because it was into the sun in the evening and none of us saw the shot. The green was surrounded by trees and even though I swore that I hit it straight we searched the woods on both sides. I finally dropped one but just before I hit I asked someone to check the cup. The next sound was music to my ears, "what were you playing?"

I've had two hole in ones but that's the one I prefer.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My only eagle...

A 285 yard par 4 with the NYS Thruway 30 yards to the right.  A shot that scares me every time... I hit a perfect drive to about 2 feet from the pin, and tapped it in... it was as straight and flat a put as you could ever get, but I just caught the edge, it rolled around the entire cup and dropped for a two... 

felt good...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Missed a hole in one today by mere inches. Still waiting for #1.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

On #12 at Running Y Ranch in Klamath Falls Oregon. Playing the Backs, and I hit 8 iron. Tight draw that is covering the flag.  Hits the top of the pin, and breaks the nut that holds the flag on the top of the pin. Flag drops into the hole, and my ball flies over the back of the green... I make bogey..

Awesome hole though..

286146713_609fd5f185.jpg

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I don't really know if this was my BEST shot, but it was the one I'm most proud of.

I'm NOT a long hitter and most of my drives are 200+, and I consider 220-225 (in the fairway) very good drives. Considering I started playing at 50, I'm longer now than I was a few years ago.

Last year, shortly after I won my Titleist driver in a charity tournament, I was playing with a friend that generally drives the ball 250-260. On the 3rd hole, he hit a nice drive down the middle of the fairway and I followed with one that was following his flight. When we got to the balls, they were about 2 yards apart and mine was past his! We judged it 254 yards, by the rangefinder to the center if the green. First time I ever passed the 250 mark, or ever out drove my friend Brian ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Hole #3 at Holmes Park golf course. 140 yards with an 8 iron. Landed 8 feet left of the hole and I watched it trickle in the side door.

I no longer have the ball, scorecard, or club that I used, but I had it certified at the pro shop and submitted it to Golf Channel. At the time they were televising holes in ones, but it never made the broadcast. They did send me a cool certificate though, and I still have that.

A very close second place is the tee shot on #1 at Pebble Beach. My knees were shaking, but I nutted a 3 wood down the middle.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

On #12 at Running Y Ranch in Klamath Falls Oregon. Playing the Backs, and I hit 8 iron. Tight draw that is covering the flag.  Hits the top of the pin, and breaks the nut that holds the flag on the top of the pin. Flag drops into the hole, and my ball flies over the back of the green... I make bogey..

Awesome hole though..

286146713_609fd5f185.jpg

That's friggin classic! It should be called a flag in one!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

That's friggin classic! It should be called a flag in one!

I had a few other choice words...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I've had a hole-in-one, but that felt more like luck.

I've reached short Par 4's off the tee and 1 putted for eagle.

But my favorite so far was on a long ass Par 4 dogleg left:

I hit a 260 drive on the fairway. View to the green is blocked by 2 huge ass trees (seems like you need a 280 drive to get past those trees). Measure the flag... still 200 left.

Hit a 4 iron cut between the trees that rolled beautifully onto the green.

That was my first attempt to shape a shot... the only successful attempt actually :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

For me it's a tie.  I holed out from 188 on a par 5 for a 2, which was pretty cool.  The other I was completely dead after tugging a drive into trees.  I only had 54yds in, but only had a basketball size opening between the trees about 15yds out and 30' up.  I hit a 64* that went right through the center of the gap, hopped once, and landed in the hole for an eagle.  I was playing alone, but when I went up to retrieve my ball, the guys on #1 green dropped their putters and started clapping.

My favourite shot, while not spectacular, is one that I'm very proud of. Was in the pennant finals and I was the last group out playing where I needed a win on the last hole in order to square my match and win the finals. Played a nice drive as did my opponent. I hit one of the best 100m sand wedges into the green that I can remember (and the only decent one for that day which made it all the more nerve wracking) and stiffed it to 4 feet. Sadly though I never got the chance to putt it out as my opponent sunk his to win :(

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

For me it's a tie.  I holed out from 188 on a par 5 for a 2, which was pretty cool.  The other I was completely dead after tugging a drive into trees.  I only had 54yds in, but only had a basketball size opening between the trees about 15yds out and 30' up.  I hit a 64* that went right through the center of the gap, hopped once, and landed in the hole for an eagle.  I was playing alone, but when I went up to retrieve my ball, the guys on #1 green dropped their putters and started clapping.

That's a great one!

Mine I guess was two good shots in a row.  I hit a perfect high drive off the tee on 18 at Paako Ridge.  It's elevated so makes for a long drive.  I went down the fairway and couldn't find my ball.  It's a split fairway and I overshot the first section.  The ball was in some junk over the cart path dead center with the fairway behind it, 326 yds according to GPS. 

Trouble was, the rest of the fairway and the green was off to the left and I was behind trees.  I was about 150 yds out with no shot at the green.  I choked down on my 3i and punched out low with a hard cut between two trees.  It bent to the right and out of sight.  I got to the green and the ball had stopped 8 feet from the pin.  I didn't make the putt though.  The greens had just been aerated and putting was unpredictable all day.  But I did make the par.

I've actually pulled that cut shot off several times with my 3i.  For some reason I can't do it with a hybrid.  Maybe it's mental.

My first game ever, 50 years ago at the age of 8, I hit the flag with a short iron from around 100 yards. It didn't go in, yet I still remember the rush, as well as the excitement from my long ago passed father.

I've hit many neat shots since then, but that's the one that always comes to mind.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

First time poster but here goes:

Had two eagles in my life that were good shots. but best shot ever was in my muni tournament last year:

Went into a playoff with a guy during match play. He hit a 5 wood to 15 ft and I hit a 9 iron in the bunker short sided on a par 4.

From a tough lie in the sand hit one to 12 foot but left a really tough put..

He nearly holed his putt but left it a few inches short, so I gave it to him. I had to hit one downhill but had no idea how much it would break .

Needless to say I sunk it, putt moved 4 inches in the last foot to go in the side. Won the match 2 holes later.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Playing in the first round of match play at my club a few years back and was 4 up after the front nine.  Started to leak oil really bad on the back and was 1 up on the 17th tee.  The 17th hole is a 435 yard par 4 with a slight dog leg left which I normally split the fairway off the tee (sets up perfect for a slight draw).  My opponent hits a nice drive down the middle and I promptly block my tee shot right into the trees onto the pine straw.....just dead.  Considering it was match play and I had one more hole to go I pulled a 4 iron and hit a high hard hook out of the trees with best case I could get it into one of the green side bunkers.  Shot comes off on my intended line and as I was trying to track the ball I hear my opponent let go a string of expletives that would make a sailor blush.  My ball came down on the front fringe, took a small hop forward and rolled in for an eagle that closed the match out.  To add insult to injury we played 18 for the fun of it and an blocked it dead right into the lake off the tee and my opponent made a solid par that would have either won the match or at least sent us back out for extra holes.....sometimes it is good to be lucky.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Great shots everybody, I have to add another one. This was my first par ever when I used to play once every couple of weeks with my dad.  I was probably around 8 years old.  It was at sligo creek, a local nine hole muni, and I was using my new US Kids driver.  I think the hole was somewhere around 100 yards, and I remember that I killed my drive to the back of the green, and the pin was all of the way up front.  I hit a long curling putt, and somehow it went in.  It must of been around 80 feet, and the trail of the ball in the morning dew was etched into the green.  It was awesome. 

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Great shots everybody, I have to add another one. This was my first par ever when I used to play once every couple of weeks with my dad.  I was probably around 8 years old.  It was at sligo creek, a local nine hole muni, and I was using my new US Kids driver.  I think the hole was somewhere around 100 yards, and I remember that I killed my drive to the back of the green, and the pin was all of the way up front.  I hit a long curling putt, and somehow it went in.  It must of been around 80 feet, and the trail of the ball in the morning dew was etched into the green.  It was awesome.

Par? Must have been your first birdie!

Par? Must have been your first birdie!

Sorry, I forgot to include a shot.  I hit a great drive, but I just remembered that I hit it to the front fringe, and then I hit the chip to the back of the green, and then I made the putt.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Oooh, I forgot about one, that was probably one of the most spectacular.  City tournament in 2010.  #10 is a uphill 190yd par 3, with a diabolical green, and OB left.  There are always 100+ people sitting on the hill left of the green, watching shots.  I hooked one left, that should have been OB, but hit the top of a tree and dropped into the crowd.  I was dead....matted down grass, on a downslope, under a tree, to a green that sloped away from me and was rolling at about a 12.  There was a "bowl" around a sprinkler head just off the green, where I needed to land my ball.  In my mind I saw myself punching a 7i into the upslope of the bowl and popping the ball up to let it trickle 40' down the slope to the hole.  If I landed short of the bowl, on the sprinkler head, or over the bowl, I probably roll to the bottom of the hill and have a 60yd third shot.  By golly if I didn't hit a perfect shot that slammed into the peak of the upslope, popping the ball straight up and landing softly about 2' onto the green; it trickled and trickled and trickled for what seemed like 5 minutes, before it hit the lip and left me a 6" tap in.  The crowd around me went crazy and I felt like I was a superstar.........too bad I had 7 three putts on my way to an 85. LOL

I have had some memoriable ones and many I would love to forget. This is one I remember well because I was playing with my dear old man.

We were playing 2 guys at the old course where he was pro at. We were playing for some big money as was his custom. I can remember I was in my 20s and had just gotten out of the Navy. Anyhow the 4th hole is a par 4 that goes down the hill and there is a big creek at the bottom. He asked me what I was going to hit off the tee. I told him 1 iron because I could hit the driver in the creek. I teed off put the ball in position alpha. The second shot was up the hill and there was a big barn behind the green. The old man asked me what you going to hit I told him my 10 iron because I carried an old Spalding Elite 10 iron in those days. He said that is not enough club and I said it is. He said hit the 9 iron I told him it was too much he said we are playing for my money so hit the 9. Ok Mr know it all I will hit the 9. I romped the 9 hit it on the roof of the barn it rolled down the roof of the barn on the green and into the hole for a eagle 2. The old man stood there with his mouth open. I looked at him and said I guess the 9 was the right stick. He did not say good shot or anything he just stared at me and said you just have to overpower every shot you hit dont you? You have no brains just balls.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived