Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

NFL playoff time, who is your bet?

Sluggo42

I'm gonna say that I don't see how the 9ers or Seahawks win by more than a FG this weekend. For betting purposes, I'm taking the 9ers +3.5. That game might be 3-0. Don't really care who wins. Don't like either team nor their coach.

As far as Pats-Broncos. Peyton is getting lucky and hitting a 59* patch of weather. So he won't go anemic. That said, Belechik vs Fox, to me, is no contest. Belechik wins the chess match, IMO, and Brady continues his run of dominance over Peyton. 11-4 all time and 3-1 in the playoffs in the match-up of their teams. Peyton crumbles again and Welker gets to see that Brady is successful with or without him. No Chris Harris Jr for the Broncos? Brady will pick on that D.

Good call there, Rookie. I never woulda thought the 49ers-Seahawks game was gonna be that close. And if Talib doesn't go down early, you may have been proven right on that game too.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call there, Rookie. I never woulda thought the 49ers-Seahawks game was gonna be that close. And if Talib doesn't go down early, you may have been proven right on that game too.

Yeah, that hurt a lot. Halfway through the game Belichick gave me a call and asked if I wanted to be one of their corner backs. They had nothing left. My worry for next season is Talib cannot stay healthy (assuming he's resigned). Same is true for Gronk for that matter.

Ugly game though. There were so many overthrown passes to wide open receivers. I don't know if that was on Brady or the receivers. And this was a pretty awful Denver pass defense they were facing. Really, even with injuries, the Pats should have had a better chance than they gave themselves.

The 9er's/Seahawks game was great though. Going to be a fun superbowl to watch, I'm picking the Seahawks simply because they're a much more well rounded team. Also, Bronco's rush defense is good, but Lynch just cannot be stopped at times.

Well, that was a bust. Denver gave the boys a good ole-fashioned ass whoopin'. Have to pay off a rather ill-advised bet with my Colorado rep -- told him if the Ponies win I'd treat him to golf anywhere in Colorado. He picks the Broadmoor...

I was hoping for a cheap muni in Littleton...

Littleton munis are my home. If you need a fourth, let me know!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Brady's overthrows could be the fact that he was playing with ligament damage in his throwing hand.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Littleton munis are my home. If you need a fourth, let me know!

Keep June 23rd or June 25th open.  Will be paying off the bet one of those days, Little muni's the other!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Very crazy game, hard on my heart... Apparently Crabtree had started the trash-talking last summer at a charity event by Fitzgerald. Sherman got the final word.

The knee injury to bowman was grotesque, and I was embarrassed by Seattle fans throwing food at him as he was wheeled away. The guys on my seahawk chat are raising money to buy an apology in a main SF newspaper for the actions of a few dip wads.

Now two weeks of 24/7 seahawks analysis and how fitting that the #1 defense in 5 carat oriels goes against the #1 offense in almost all the same categories.

Will the defense beat the offense? Another factor of interest is that harvin should play. I have very little idea of what he will do, frankly it seems he is hard to stay un-injured.

Anyways, go hawks!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

They're saying that Bowman's gonna be back by the start of the '14 season.

If so, then he didn't have a serious tear-

That's great, cuz like Sluggo said, that was Nasty-

Later edit: Wow, just heard in the FAN, and they say that Bowman tore both the ACL & PCL- I read earlier that they expected him back for the start of the '14 season-

Maybe that was him talkin and not the medical people- That's a 15-18 month rehab-

I know a few have done it 12-15, however that's rare.

Fairways & Greens My Friends

Peterson did it in 6 months... And came back to earn MVP honors. They're fairly common to be 6-8 months for elite athletes these days. RG3 did it as well, though Shanahan and his feud kind if put the kibosh on the end of the season

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Peterson did it in 6 months... And came back to earn MVP honors. They're fairly common to be 6-8 months for elite athletes these days. RG3 did it as well, though Shanahan and his feud kind if put the kibosh on the end of the season

Well, then that's a 50/50 proposition. I personally don't think rg3 was ready. But ap isn't human anyways...

Well, then that's a 50/50 proposition. I personally don't think rg3 was ready. But ap isn't human anyways...

RG3 was, IMO, ready, but his coaching staff wasn't (and don't really like him).  

Another boost for the morale of Mr. Bowman?  Anderson Silva had one of the worst possible breaks in MMA history in his fight with Chris Weidman between Christmas and New Year.  He broke both bones in his shin on that checked leg kick.  There was the bone repair as well as the repair and reattachment of all of the ligaments (the problem that Corey Hill had when he was the only other MMA fighter to ever break his shin like that).  If memory serves, the same doctor that did his does the leg surgeries for the 49ers.  And Silva will be walking without crutches in a 30 day window after his injury.  Modern medicine is improving all the time and there are some VERY skilled hands working on these top flight athletes these days.  I'll go on record now and predict that Bowman will be back in time for their first game.

In The Bag

I agree, modern medical stuff is crazy good these days

That late game was incredible.

In regards to recovery time I would remind everyone that the NFL does not test for HGH. Wink, wink, nod, nod. :)

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I can't wait for the game. Lots of story lines. Going back to HGH and the NFL it's so interesting that no one really cares and yet when it's baseball a congressional hearing breaks out.

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Don't you EVER talk about ME!

Ok, it's about time to let that story go media-folks. There is a football game coming up. Let's start with the analysis of each teams strengths and weaknesses. Will Percy affect the outcome? Will Payton be unstoppable, or will the LOB contain? Can the #1 D stop the #1 O?

Can the broncos defense handle Beastmode?, or will the seahawk offense roll up some points and keep Payton on the bench where he can't hurt you?

Crab who? Mediocre at best hahaha...

Guess who's jersey is the hottest seller right now? Method to the madness?

No worries RP, I'm glad it went to a good place.

There have been discussions about the officiating in this game, and I snipped this from that article about the Seattle/pittsberg SB...

Seattle outgained the Steelers in the Super Bowl but felt the sting of several controversial plays ruled against them in the 11-point loss.

In fact, four years after the defeat in a rules interpretation session with Seattle media, the head official of the game, Bill Leavy, admitted to making mistakes.

"I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," he said.

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough."

Haha, sorry RP, when I read that I just had to yank your chain.

I'm sorry, that was a bit evil of me, and I accept my spanking deservably so...

Not saying they would have won either, just wish they would have been allowed to play. Pitt had some killer plays in the mix, so it's not a given as to who would have won.

I'm only hoping the officiating doesn't lean to favor another last hurrah for another aging player in manning. It's been established the hawks are the " bad guys" by the media.

That's another reason I was so glad it wasn't the pats, which would have made for a decidedly home fiel advantage...

Again RP, my apologies for being a bit of a butt, and yes, you went out of your way to plant a whole fricking olive tree in my yard, and I DO appreciate that.

Sometimes an old wound never really heals, and I need to let it go...

So does anyone besides me think that Percy Harvin is going to impact the game? I believe I read that Denver's pass defense is ranked #27. To my pea-brain, this spells monster day for Irvin since we know they are going to try to stop Beastmode. Denver has a solid run defense too, but they haven't dealt with a back like lynch this season.

So does anyone besides me think that Percy Harvin is going to impact the game? I believe I read that Denver's pass defense is ranked #27. To my pea-brain, this spells monster day for Irvin since we know they are going to try to stop Beastmode. Denver has a solid run defense too, but they haven't dealt with a back like lynch this season.

He might, but only for a quarter or so until his hip/back/head/headache/ankle or whatever else he has to go wrong acts up.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

My Super Bowl prognostications:

1st Quarter:

Slow start, like most SBs. Nothing dramatic until later in the 1st. Prob 14-7 or 10-7, something like that.

2nd Quarter:

Manning opens up and either gets picked or throws a couple TDs. Wilson either folds or stays steady. 24-17, Denver

3rd quarter:

Denver builds the lead with runs set up by the passing game. But Seahawks D holds.

31-20, Denver

4th Quarter:

Denver stays with running game, but Manning can't help but throw a few. Wilson settles in, and makes a game of it.

38-34, Denver

I think Denver offense in second quarter and Seattle defense in 4th quarter will be the deciding factors.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

My Super Bowl prognostications:

1st Quarter:

Slow start, like most SBs. Nothing dramatic until later in the 1st. Prob 14-7 or 10-7, something like that.

2nd Quarter:

Manning opens up and either gets picked or throws a couple TDs. Wilson either folds or stays steady. 24-17, Denver

3rd quarter:

Denver builds the lead with runs set up by the passing game. But Seahawks D holds.

31-20, Denver

4th Quarter:

Denver stays with running game, but Manning can't help but throw a few. Wilson settles in, and makes a game of it.

38-34, Denver

I think Denver offense in second quarter and Seattle defense in 4th quarter will be the deciding factors.

Can't say I am feeling your prediction...

I'm hoping (deeply hoping) it goes more like this...

First quarter

Harvin returns the opening kickoff 104 yards for a TD. Manning's first throw gets tipped and Seahawks intercept. Wilson fakes handoff to beast! and hits Kearse down the middle for a TD.

14-0. Manning regroups and drives down the field but has to settle for a FG.

14-3

Second quarter

Seahawks settle in with a heavy dose of Beastmode and some bubble screens to Tate and harvin. Eat 9 minutes on drive but settle for FG. Denver hits a series of fast plays, then burns Sherman for a TD

17-10 at halftime seahawks

3rd quarter

Manning gets going and drives the field with a series of short throws and scores, 17-17

Wilson turns loose with a passing display and hits harvin for a 45 yd td. 24-17

Broncos try running the ball on this drive, but Wagner forces a fumble from Moreno. Hawks handoff the Beastmode for a 36 yard TD 31-17

4th quarter

Broncos drive with a solid mix and score. 31-24

Hawks drive but settle for a FG. 34-24

Broncos drive, but Sherman picks off manning and seahawks run out the clock

Final score

Seahawks - 34

Broncos. - 24

First quarter

Harvin returns the opening kickoff 104 yards for a TD.

I loved that part!  Not out of the question, but odds are slim.

Worst case scenario, it ends 3-6.  How much would that suck!?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

If the Broncos want to beat Seattle , it's simple. Target Sherman early and often.

In The Bag

NOT a good idea

Really? He allows 50.6% of the balls thrown his way to be caught and my Falcons set the blueprint for that last season for teams with deep WR corps and a skilled TE. The Broncos are just like my Birds. And Ryan shredded them. There's a great article on CNNSI about it today.

If I'm Peyton, I throw at him to open the game all game long. Sherman can't hold big physical guys in check as well, just ask Julio and Roddy. Demaryius and Decker are the same size.

Target Sherman early and often and you tell the defense you better be on. You set the tone. Ryan went 3-8 throwing at Sherman for like 79 yards and a score that shut his mouth when Roddy told him to come talk to him. He went 22 for 26 against other WR's and we know the outcome of last year's game. The blueprint is there.

In The Bag

Except that he throws ducks Rook... So, bring it!

I think Seattles offense will control the game, and keep Payton off the field. He can't hurt you from the bench.

He does throw ducks... Threw them all year and set NFL records. I can't stand the guy but Peyton is intelligent and will make an example out of Sherman if at all possible

In The Bag

He does throw ducks... Threw them all year and set NFL records. I can't stand the guy but Peyton is intelligent and will make an example out of Sherman if at all possible

Lol, ain't that the truth, but I don't think trying to teach Sherman is very high on his gameplan...

Lol, ain't that the truth, but I don't think trying to teach Sherman is very high on his gameplan...

That's the thing, though, the team that have had success over the course of the last 2 seasons against your Hawks have been the ones that target Sherman early and often and have a skilled WR corps.  

Here's the article I was referring to earlier.  Great read if you've got the time:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140130/richard-sherman-denver-broncos-super-bowl-xlviii/index.html

In The Bag

That's the thing, though, the team that have had success over the course of the last 2 seasons against your Hawks have been the ones that target Sherman early and often and have a skilled WR corps.  

Here's the article I was referring to earlier.  Great read if you've got the time:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140130/richard-sherman-denver-broncos-super-bowl-xlviii/index.html

Good article, but here is a telling clip from it:

of those points: the final score was 30-28. Atlanta did not do most of its damage against Sherman specifically. Aside from White's long catch, Ryan completed just one of the other seven throws he directed at the Seahawks' top corner, for 13 yards. But the White touchdown was crucial, and showed that Sherman can be beaten.

One of seven for 13 yards, and the one mistake for a TD. The tD also included a failure for the safety to catch Sherman's slip up. I wouldn't exactly call that a recipient for success....

But, I doubt that Payton gives up that side of the field either.

Good article, but here is a telling clip from it:

of those points: the final score was 30-28. Atlanta did not do most of its damage against Sherman specifically. Aside from White's long catch, Ryan completed just one of the other seven throws he directed at the Seahawks' top corner, for 13 yards. But the White touchdown was crucial, and showed that Sherman can be beaten.

One of seven for 13 yards, and the one mistake for a TD. The tD also included a failure for the safety to catch Sherman's slip up. I wouldn't exactly call that a recipient for success....

But, I doubt that Payton gives up that side of the field either.

Attacking him early and often opened up the rest of the field.  22 for 26 against other DB's.  It's not just throwing at Sherman, but throwing at him opens the field up and tells the rest of the team that they're not afraid to throw at anyone.

In The Bag

Archived